• 103 results
CVnU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CVnU

Heya, Izaiah here. According to the rules, if you wish to adapt a historical or mythological concept, pantheon, element, etc to the CVnU, you will have to create a thread inviting to discuss it with the others, and reach some manner of agreement, and submit your concept to the Congress of Editors, who will approve or deny it. Once it's been approved, or if you've been added to a discussion, list yourselves here. See the rules thread for more in-depth instruction if you're unsure of anything, or ask here.

See also CVnU: Canon, and Alien Worlds & Concepts for more in-depth entries.

Entries will mostly look like this:

Mythology/Pantheon/History Chapter

Users • (Who are involved with the pantheon? Users who have access to the account are in bold.)

Account • (Link to the pantheon's account, if there is one.)

Cliff Notes • (List the things here that are relevant to your characters and the mythology. Who owns [Mythological Item X]? Whose character is the child of [Mythological Character Y]? etc.)

Egyptian Mythology

UsersIzaiah, Araghor Roxom, Cellphone Girl, LunaHawk.

AccountMizraim.

Cliff Notes

• The Pantheon as believed in by the Ancient Egyptians were likely inspired by the Eternals of Heliopolis, colonists from the Xantroa. Apophis and other monsters are thought to have been inspired by the Arzacia. (Pending revision.)
  • The pyramids and similarly impressive constructions were not made by Gods, Eternals or Aliens, but by the Egyptians themselves. The Egyptians in turn were descended from Nekhamis. /Izaiah, Araghor Roxom.
  • Izaiah has in his possession Sutekh's 'Dominion Scepter' (actually the Ghimir Blade). He obtained it in the year 1335 B.C.E. (by way of time travel) and used it to kill Pharaoh Ikhnaton (who was possessed by the disembodied Eternal Aton). (Pending slight revision.)

Chinese Mythology

• Madame Blossom's powers hail from the Chinese Moon & Sun deity that which were blessed to her ancestors.

Japanese Mythology

Roman Mythology

Arthurian Mythos

Medieval & Renaissance Europe

• Sam lives in the fabled land of Cockaigne.
  • The Custodian is tied with the myth of the 'Golem of Prague', he learned magic from the descendants from Rabbi Loew.

Modern History

• The Great Fire of New York (1776) is suspected to be the earliest known appearance of a Feral Nova.
  • Tabitha Babbitt, inventor of the circular saw, was a Feral Nova of the past.
  • Dennis Rome is the one who gave Cholera to the Nepalese UN worker which in turn gave Haiti an epidemic which has consumed 7000 people just right after the earth quake (2010).

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lady_liberty

Looks sharp.

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@CVnU: Can I add a gang here?

Taiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Taiya

Yeah... I'd like to incorporate some concepts pertaining to fairy tales and folk tales. You know, things like fairies :P

Would anyone be interested in Role Play based on stuff like that?

HP_Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HP_Lovecraft

@Taiya said:

Yeah... I'd like to incorporate some concepts pertaining to fairy tales and folk tales. You know, things like fairies :P

Would anyone be interested in Role Play based on stuff like that?

Yeah. I love working with fairy/folk tales.

Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emilie_Aensland

Nice.

Taiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Taiya

@HP_Lovecraft: Great. We should set up a basis for the CVnU sometime : )

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@HP_Lovecraft: izzat portrait?

@Taiya: cool

@CVnU: I am tied with the myth of the 'Golem of Prague', he learned magic from the descendants from Rabbi Loew

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

Walks in. I own Roman Mythology. Walks out.

Coven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coven_

The Coven

Users: Currently Azrael alts and Kovak

Account: Coven_

Cliff Notes: Organized by Darth Coven the principles of the Sith have been forged into a religion. The most well known location of theirs is the Hexcraft Manor. At this time Hexcaft nU_Kovak Coven_ and Ult Azrael are apart of it

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Izaiah

@Sorceror_Swift: Sorry, doesn't work that way :p

I don't think that has much to do with mythology or history, so I reckon that belongs better in the Alien Worlds & Concepts thread.

@RumbleMan_Exe: Added.

Don't you think there should be an entry about the Great Fire of New York?

Madame_Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Madame_Orchid

@Izaiah: Madame Blossom powers hail from the Chinese Moon & Sun deity that which were blessed to her ancestors.

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Inner_Demon

@Izaiah: Is anyone doing anything with Egyptian mythology? I have an alt that I created but never did anything with.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Izaiah
@Madame_Orchid: Has that been approved by the Congress of Editors (Mercy, LL/Kratesis, Impero)?
@Inner_Demon: Yep, me and a few others are and have been discussing it in a PM, but it's not listed here, since it hasn't been approved by the CoE yet.  Want me to add you to the PM?

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inner_Demon

@Izaiah: Sure. I don't know if my guy would fit or not, but no harm in asking, right?

Madame_Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Madame_Orchid

@Izaiah: they did read the story, so assuming yes.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kratesis

@Madame_Orchid said:

@Izaiah: Madame Blossom powers hail from the Chinese Moon & Sun deity that which were blessed to her ancestors.

There's no problem with a character getting their powers from a mythology. That's basically none of the CoE's business!

Its just when someone wants to claim ownership of a mythology, NPC them in significant ways, or make large changes to established fiction (basically go against their wiki page lol) that these rules become relevant. Otherwise ever fifth person has killed Zeus, and people claim mythologies then vanish, ect.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ishin

I'm going to be doing some stuff with Japanese mythology soon.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Izaiah
@Kratesis
Thanks for clarifying, I might have misremembered where the line was drawn.
Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kratesis

@Izaiah: No problemo, thankies for doing the History and Mythology thread ;-)

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

The Vampires of Ravens Landing are Unique, and are all made up of the same bloodline. I am not saying all Vampires world wide are like them, just the ones of Ravens Landing. The mythology and history of Ravens Landing the city itself is of my own making.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kratesis

@Naamah_Obyzouth: No problems with that. Everyone makes their own vampire breeds, and it works out pretty well.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Kratesis:And that is fine and I love it. All I am saying is that visiting Vampires are of a different bloodline.

Skurz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skurz

Would Orcs fit into the mythology of the CVnU?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@Izaiah said:

Don't you think there should be an entry about the Great Fire of New York?

uuhhh idk o_O should there be? >_>

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kratesis

@Skurz: I have no idea! If you follow the procedures detailed in this thread, and then submit your finished work to the CoE we could make a decision then.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 614azrael

Dark elves once roamed the lands a rich and mighty race that dabbed in the elements on amazing levels. The capital of the Dark Elves was Xundus Shelteth its most noticable and loved king Veshine. Veshine fell though by orc hands in one of the mighty wars. From then on the reign fell to his queen Fairiney but by this time she was as full of rage as the orcs she fought. And overtime the rage became the fall of the dark elf race. As humans began expanding and they were on the edge of death they gave themselves to the orcs becoming slaves. They now reside as scouts or servants to the orcs under the mountains belonging to Skurz.

Permision: asking is cool but no real need to

Creator: Azrael

Dont know if elves and orcs counted so I just went ahead lol

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Izaiah
@614azrael
Dark Elves existed in Norse Mythology (on Svartalfheim) but otherwise I think they belong better in the other thread.  I could add them there if you like.
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 614azrael
Sure :) I wasnt positive where to put it
  @Izaiah
Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Would this be the place to name historical/mythological artifacts that are in our character's possession or would that be more suited to the canon thread?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Izaiah
@Ellie_Knightfall said:

Would this be the place to name historical/mythological artifacts that are in our character's possession or would that be more suited to the canon thread?

This would be a good place for it.
Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

@Izaiah said:

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

This would be a good place for it.

Ellie Knightfall has possession of Carnwennan.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Grimmwald

@Izaiah: (Impero here :))

Espada is in possession of the Totsuka-no-Tsurugi and is an avatar of Susanoo.

By the way, I'd like to be overviewing Japanese mythology, anybody's willing to discuss it with me if they want to do something it.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Izaiah
@La_Espada
Done, why not make a thread of it?
Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grimmwald

@Izaiah: I will :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By batkevin74

@Izaiah I have a mythological proposal, just needs approval & discussion as I've been told.

Parts of this has popped up in the Knightfall Museum story and others are in

The Griffin Cube Origins

An excerpt from the chronicles of the family Giftzahn of Prussia:

"Back in days when gods and men knew their place, the mage Emman walked the earth. Unhappy that he was born mortal, he questioned the gods and why they got to live so decadently and forever, whilst he would go old and die. Amused by the plucky mortal the gods set him a task. Build a box to capture one of the griffins that soared in the sky. Emman set about his seemingly impossible task.

Emman travelled to Nekhamis, Sumer, Thebes, Shangri-La, Agartha and Atlantis, learning spells and knowledge to trap a griffin. At each site he crafted a stone tablet and carved his knowledge onto it, imbuing it with his blood, sweat and tears. In Nehkamis the god-king Araghor in a rare moment smiled upon him as he worked, infusing the tablet with power. In Sumer, Ahura Mazda saw the tablet and not wanting to be out done by the other god, granted and infused the second tablet with power. Each site Emman travelled to, the gods; whether out of anger or jealousy or curiosity, imbibed each tablet with power and sacred knowledge to which he lapped up.

When he reached Atlantis, Emman had siphoned off power from the tablets that he felt himself was on par with the gods, possibly even better than them since he’d crawled up from mortality to divinity. Poseidon looked down on this upstart and refused to grant Atlantean knowledge to the mage. Emman demanded that Poseidon answer him personally.

A terrible fight erupted between the young godling and the old. The island of Atlantis shook on its foundation at the forces unleashed. Emman was winning against the sea god, when he spotted a whole flock of griffins that had landed upon a mountain to watch the fight, more griffins that stars in the sky. Emman’s loss of focus cost him the fight, and his life!

Poseidon flayed the mage and scattered his remains like chum, the griffins swooped and devoured the man who challenged a god. Poseidon then bound the griffins and the energy they’d eaten into the final tablet. Poseidon then scattered the tablets to the four winds. From that time on the gods remained distant from men.”

For countless ages the tablets lay hidden. But as the world grew smaller, pieces of the cube were found, brought together. The family of Giftzahn from Prussia began an unhealthy obsession with the tablets, naming it the Griffin Cube knowing that if a fraction of the myth was true, then the ancient knowledge, and possibly god energy could mean extreme power.

On the 25 August 1883, Baron Sergei Giftzahn got hold of all the pieces and assembled the Griffin Cube on the island of Krakatoa in the Dutch East Indies. The forces unleashed made the island explode on the 26 in the loudest sound ever heard in modern history and the pieces scattered again. The Giftzahn sight divine intervention since a piece of the Griffin Cube was found in six thousand miles away in Rwanda and another eleven thousand miles away in Venezuela.

The last heir of the Giftzahn, Baron Dieter Giftzahn, born 1911, inherited two pieces of the Griffin Cube and began his searchings whilst the world went to war. Money, time and murder have slowly pulled all the pieces back to its ‘rightful’ place. And now the final piece is within Dieter’s grasp, sitting as a mere curiosity piece in the Knightfall Museum.

But Dieter is very old. Stubbornly refusing to die, he clings to life knowing that godhood is within his grasp; that untold power is within sight. But he is racing the clock as his ancient body succumbs to old age. But Baron Poisonfang, the English translation of his name, will succeed.

He has too!

So let me know

Flying_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Flying_C

@batkevin74: You got at least one guy already using Atlantis for something.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By batkevin74

@Flying_C: Okay, I don't really use Atlantis but I'll go and check with them if the references to Atlantis work for them

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@batkevin74: I dont see Atlantis on the front page (though as you point out you're not really looking to alter or even engage in its history so it shouldnt even matter). I think the only thing you need is clearance with the Poseidon battle making sure it doesnt alter anyone elses canon with the character.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By batkevin74

@batkevin74 said: @CVnU:

@Izaiah I have a mythological proposal, just needs approval & discussion as I've been told.

Parts of this has popped up in the Knightfall Museum story and others are in

The Griffin Cube Origins

An excerpt from the chronicles of the family Giftzahn of Prussia:

"Back in days when gods and men knew their place, the mage Emman walked the earth. Unhappy that he was born mortal, he questioned the gods and why they got to live so decadently and forever, whilst he would go old and die. Amused by the plucky mortal the gods set him a task. Build a box to capture one of the griffins that soared in the sky. Emman set about his seemingly impossible task.

Emman travelled to Nekhamis, Sumer, Thebes, Shangri-La, Agartha and Atlantis, learning spells and knowledge to trap a griffin. At each site he crafted a stone tablet and carved his knowledge onto it, imbuing it with his blood, sweat and tears. In Nehkamis the god-king Araghor in a rare moment smiled upon him as he worked, infusing the tablet with power. In Sumer, Ahura Mazda saw the tablet and not wanting to be out done by the other god, granted and infused the second tablet with power. Each site Emman travelled to, the gods; whether out of anger or jealousy or curiosity, imbibed each tablet with power and sacred knowledge to which he lapped up.

When he reached Atlantis, Emman had siphoned off power from the tablets that he felt himself was on par with the gods, possibly even better than them since he’d crawled up from mortality to divinity. Poseidon looked down on this upstart and refused to grant Atlantean knowledge to the mage. Emman demanded that Poseidon answer him personally.

A terrible fight erupted between the young godling and the old. The island of Atlantis shook on its foundation at the forces unleashed. Emman was winning against the sea god, when he spotted a whole flock of griffins that had landed upon a mountain to watch the fight, more griffins that stars in the sky. Emman’s loss of focus cost him the fight, and his life!

Poseidon flayed the mage and scattered his remains like chum, the griffins swooped and devoured the man who challenged a god. Poseidon then bound the griffins and the energy they’d eaten into the final tablet. Poseidon then scattered the tablets to the four winds. From that time on the gods remained distant from men.”

For countless ages the tablets lay hidden. But as the world grew smaller, pieces of the cube were found, brought together. The family of Giftzahn from Prussia began an unhealthy obsession with the tablets, naming it the Griffin Cube knowing that if a fraction of the myth was true, then the ancient knowledge, and possibly god energy could mean extreme power.

On the 25 August 1883, Baron Sergei Giftzahn got hold of all the pieces and assembled the Griffin Cube on the island of Krakatoa in the Dutch East Indies. The forces unleashed made the island explode on the 26 in the loudest sound ever heard in modern history and the pieces scattered again. The Giftzahn sight divine intervention since a piece of the Griffin Cube was found in six thousand miles away in Rwanda and another eleven thousand miles away in Venezuela.

The last heir of the Giftzahn, Baron Dieter Giftzahn, born 1911, inherited two pieces of the Griffin Cube and began his searchings whilst the world went to war. Money, time and murder have slowly pulled all the pieces back to its ‘rightful’ place. And now the final piece is within Dieter’s grasp, sitting as a mere curiosity piece in the Knightfall Museum.

But Dieter is very old. Stubbornly refusing to die, he clings to life knowing that godhood is within his grasp; that untold power is within sight. But he is racing the clock as his ancient body succumbs to old age. But Baron Poisonfang, the English translation of his name, will succeed.

He has too!

So let me know

@Flying_C: Checked the Myths and The Canon, no real legends of Atlantis but have asked New_Atlantis since they're kinda king of the fish :)

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Donara

Is Asgard already taken or at least discussed?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Decoy Elite

I want to add the magic runes to CVNU, but with  
1. A better name 
2. Better established. 
Anyone got any ideas?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Donara said:

I personally haven't seen anything yet.
Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Donara

@Decoy Elite said:

I want to add the magic runes to CVNU, but with 1. A better name 2. Better established. Anyone got any ideas?

Futhark is a name for the oldest set of runes...

@Decoy Elite said:

@Donara said:

I personally haven't seen anything yet.

Okay, time to lay a foundation. Start typing, Donara... sigh

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Donara: What I meant is that I want to make runes that aren't runes. 
Because Runic symbols don't actually give people powers. >.>
Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Donara

@Decoy Elite: Sounds like you tried that. ;p So you're actually aiming for something like sign magic? If it should be based on words you could also try Kabbalism which heavily focusses on words and their potential to build words (according to the Kabbala god built the world with words).

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By batkevin74

Casually bumped

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Izaiah

@batkevin74: I think you ought to speak to about Atlantis since I think he's in charge of the Atlantean Empire.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By batkevin74

@Izaiah: Coolio

Could you check over my Griffin Cube proposal that references Atlantis. It doesn't really effect/affect Atlantis but does have Posideon in it. As I would like to move on this soonish, wheels are in motion :)

A1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By A1

@batkevin74: Sure no problem. which thread?