(CVnU) Grimm City (Under Construction)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#251 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Having run himself ragged following the serial arsonist, Arnold stopped in front of the candy store to catch his breath. His scrawny frame heaved and shuffled; Pinnacle was supposed to keep him moving fast, not the other way around. He looked inside to see a kid with a bunch of cinnamon rolls and a clerk trying to explain something about a guy with a flamethrower to emergency services.

Arnold raised an eyebrow, looking down at the kid and kneeling to his eye-level.

"Hey, have you seen some weird guy with wings around here recently?" he put his hands next to his head as if to mimic the idea of flying.

#252 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

The child was about to leave when a scrawny person kneeled down to his level. He panicked with a cinnamon in his mouth. He looked at the figure trying to communicate with him. He the clerk was trying to explain what happened, he heard the term 'Gun. He remembered his friend that helped him get the cinnamon rolls, and he wasn't going to sell him out soon. He looked down at his sneakers which showed his toes. He was thinking of a lie to tell the hero.

He looked up at the man and shook his head rapidly, showing that he didn't know where a 'winged man' was. At least in his own memory the man had a jet pack like the ones they have in the movies. He shoved another cinnamon bun in his mouth, trying to calm his rapid breathing. He poked his own chest through one of he shirt's holes, it was something to distract himself with.

#253 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"If you've seen anyone like that, he's my friend, and I want to help him before he hurts himself," Arnold said honestly.

Firewasp wasn't a villain of his, but he was someone he wanted to try to look after. Villains often took too many risks, and sometimes it seemed as if they aren't real people - but the truth was right in front of them. Villains and heroes, they needed to help each other. Arnold looked into the boy's eyes.

"If you want to help him by not saying anything, I'm fine with that. Firewasp... he's strange but he can look after himself,"

Arnold walked up to the counter and paid for another bag of cinnamon rolls.

"Where do you live, anyway? Are your parents around?" he asked carefully, knowing they were both very heavy questions.

#254 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He gulped as he always tried to avoid those two question. He bounced on his heels and toes; the question was causing him to get anxious and his realization of his own loneliness hit him harder than a speeding train. His lips began to quiver,he cam from Gothic to Grimm City to be able to avoid these questions, he hated these two questions. His eyes began to fill with tears and he was desperately clinching the cinnamon rolls to his chest as a source of warmth from the sudden rush of coldness thatthat came with the question.

"In-in-in heaven " He answered the question with quaking knees. He was scared of these questions but not too scared not to answer them. The world seemed to slow in his eyes when he opened his lips to answers "G-Gothic City "

#255 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Arnold nodded placing his hand on the child's back reassuringly.

"Then they probably know my parents," he smiled, sitting on the steps to the candy shop so he didn't have to keep kneeling down.

"I'm not the smartest man around, so I can't give you any wisdom. But my dad always told me something,"

He pointed at the sky, beyond the grey cusp of the city, where there was a speck of blue.

"He said 'look up, that's where you need to follow.' It took me a while to understand what he meant. But I think it's just an allegory for life in general, that you always need to keep looking up on the road ahead. Sure there's going to be rain, maybe some thunder and lightning. It'll be cold and lonely at times, but if you surround yourself with the right people you're never going to be alone on that road for long,"

He looked back at the child.

"Do you want to go home?"

#256 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He looked at the sky and took the man's words to heart. He felt a feeling long lost,comfort. He also felt new feeling, it tinged down his spine and shot through his body. He felt happier and more energetic as well. He jumped up and down, and nodded his head,'Yes'. Flashes of light appear under his feet every time he landed on the ground.

He stopped and the brightness in his face disappeared along with the prep in his footing. He hung his head low and remembered that the home in Gothic was raggedy and rain leaked through the ceiling and the way the windows rattled tremendously wheneverthe slightest breeze blew by. He stepped back from the man, he headed it there, 'N-no thank you " He muttered under his breath

#257 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

He nodded, acknowledging the frailty of the boy's statement.

"That's fine. Home is where you make it, but you also need a roof over your head,"

Thinking back to the light he saw under the boy's feet, he scratched his neck.

"There might be some kind of place around here for you to stay. I'm from Dallas, there's a home for metahuman children there. There has to be something like that here, maybe."

#258 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

The child looks up at the blue speck of sky while taking the man's words to heart. He felt an old, yet lost feeling. That feeling was comfort,another feeling, a completely new one at that, emerged from his inner being. It rushed down his spine and shot into his body like a warm and fast flowing river. He began to be suddenly more energetic and happier. His face seemed to glow. He jumped up and down,clapping while he nodded 'Yes'.

He stopped the jumping and clapping and giggling. The glow in his face and the excitement in his footing disappeared. He remembered the image of the raggedy apartment in that raggedy building. The place where water constantly dripped from the ceiling and whenever the wind blew gently the windows rattled tremendously. These were some ascpets of why he hated the place, but the one that bothered him the most was that,that place was were he comitted his first murder

#259 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

(Utterly Void my seconds statement. ..)

#260 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Metahuman wasn't a term commonly used. He cocked his head to the side not fully understanding what that is . "Meta....Human ?" His question had a since of curiosity ,like all questions do, but he never realized what he did to be categorized as a 'metahuman'. He bounced back and forth, the the glow from the blue speck of grey intensifies and the grey clouds and dust seem to temporarily disappear by the bright light. He shielded his own eyes from the bright light

S-s-sir, may you please stop " He wasn't aware of the light being his own doing and suspected his friend of causing such a wonderous act. A second after his command, the lighting turned back to normal

#261 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"You have special powers, kid. Powers that can change the world. Do you like superheroes?" he asked, reaching into his pocket.

He handed him a collector's edition __________ card.

"You can be one, someday. But you'll need to learn how to control what you have."

#262 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Slowly took the Supra-Man card and slowly slid it into his shirt's pocket and looked at the man in curiosity once more. "How do you control what you have, if you have nothing " He wasn't trying to sound depressing. He looked at the man and looked at the card. "Who are you, sir? " He realized he never asked the man for hi name and he felt as if that was a lack of respect.

He looked at the gravel on the ground and watchers the caterpillar climb across his shoe laces. H smile at it and placed it on a tree that was placed on a square patch of dirt and surrounded concrete

#263 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"I'm Arnold. I'm a pretty small-time hero in Dallas, named Pinnacle," he grinned, it sounded stupid in his head and stupider out loud.

"You do have something. You have yourself, and it all starts there,"

The kindness in the kid's behavior let Arnold know he was genuinely destined for a good future, so long as he kept that charity alive.

"The past is in the past, you can't change that. What you decide for the rest of your life begins right now."

#264 Posted by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Can you confirm for sure that Lichter has decided he wants to allow a version of Supra-Man in the CVnU subject to the changes entailed?

#265 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

I'll give you a record of the DM whenever he replies but he's open to the idea of there being Multiversal versions of Supra-Man, including ones that are fictional and only in comic books.

#266 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He nodded "I'm Kali" He looked at him with a smile. "I've heard about you before " He sat down on a bench and scratched his scalp. "Do you really think so " He bit into another cinnamon bun. This one felt special , to him its soft and warm roll, represented his wanted future. He smiled at the man,"Mr.Arnold, where is this met-ta-tahuman shelter" He loooked sure at the ground

#267 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"Oh, you have?!" Arnold smiled. "Wow, you're well-read," he scratched his chin modestly.

"I don't really know around here, let me ask real quick,"

Hopping up from the steps, he asked the clerk who had managed to calm down now from the robbery that happened mere moments earlier. They talked for a moment and Arnold thanked him, coming back outside.

"Kali, it's down a few blocks closer to downtown. There are plenty of kids just like you with powers, and they get taught all sorts of stuff there. It's more like a boarding school than anything. I think you'd like it."

#268 Edited by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Including CVnU? That would have to be a completely different thing not falling under the umbrella of his multiverse. If I recall correctly (and I do), there was a rule against having knowledge of and travelling through/between other universes except those contained within the CVU multiverse, and it was made explicitly clear from the start that CVnU and CVU do not exist to one another. No exceptions,

no matter their power level and ability. Characters in the CVU and CVnU are completely separate as well as any other universe not dictated by the CVU ruleset.

#269 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

ohno
ohno

If how you're explaining it is like CVU is DC and CVnU is Marvel, and the CVU Multiverse doesn't matter to the CVnU as a whole, then yeah I'll change it. It just depends on what he says I guess? But if it's in the rules that they're completely separate then it doesn't matter what he says...

Help!

#270 Posted by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: It's in the rules. Full quote:

• CVU exclusive canon: Your character may not travel between the CVU and any other universe. They are not allowed to be aware of any different universes such as the CVnU (this rule does not apply to multiverses within the CVU). No exceptions. They may not have any connection or knowledge of any other universe no matter their power level and ability. Characters in the CVU and CVnU are completely separate as well as any other universe not dictated by the CVU ruleset. For example If character X was to leave the CVU and write in the CVnU for a short period but later decides to return to the CVU they couldn't transfer whatever new CVnU canon the character has to CVU if they wanted to come back. They would have to completely retcon any memories and canon during the period they were in the CVnU. In effect, you would be writing two different versions of the same character. - This rule has been mutually agreed upon by both the CVU and CVnU COE.

Not that he couldn't make up an identical character (I guess...despite being "retired?"). He just wouldn't have any of the history and feats and relationships or anything.

#271 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

Well that's the thing, it won't have anything to do with feats or memories because he'd be a fictional character in CVnU - like Superman or Batman in our world. At least that's how I proposed it to him - made sense at the time I suppose. But I'll edit it to being blank for right now, I'll show you the DM once (or if) he answers. I think he also quit Discord for a bit...

#272 Posted by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
#273 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

And ha! Now I know you read my posts :P

#274 Posted by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Read what? I'm illiterate.

I just nod and look smart because of the glasses.
I just nod and look smart because of the glasses.

#275 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#276 Posted by Rosso (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
#277 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He gave off a confused expression, not knowing where downtown was. Boarding School was also a new term for him cause he as never experienced school nor boarding . He looked at the sky and through the blue speck. "What's a Downtown? What's Boarding school ?" He was a very curious child and looked up at the man. He didn't know how to ask this next question without blowing the man's identity, so he kept shut

He started to walk in circles with his hands behind his back. He looked at the gravel near the tree he placed his caterpillar friend on. He wiggled his toes that stuck out of his shoe in the same fashion that a rodent would poke through his hole

#278 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Arnold pointed down the street, where the buildings seemed to age more.

"Downtown is where the city started, where it has a lot of older places and necessities like banks, libraries, and court houses. Lots of history for you to learn!"

He started walking at a slow pace and motioned for Kali to follow.

"And a boarding school is like a home and a school all wrapped up in one place. You'll meet plenty of friends there."

#279 Edited by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Kali hastened to walk by the man's side . "So boarding school is a place where parents who don't want to be around their kids put their kids ?" He was confused at the concept of the boarding school. He looked at the older buildings , one read 'GC Public Library'. He looked at the structure's frame and what has used to build the library.

He began to look at his feet and noticed the patterns in the concrete, he crouched and dragged his fingers in the cracks in between the squares. Helooked at his darkened finger and lookedat the dirt

#280 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"It can be a number of things. Rich families send their kids off to schools like this so they can learn how to live on their own. It's kind of sad, because at that age they're already expected to act a certain way and it sells away what childhood they have. But with boarding schools like this one, it's where kids with special powers like you come to learn how to control those powers,"

He thought back to the time he spent as a child himself, in the boarding school down in Dallas. It didn't really count as any sort of diploma so he had a tough time getting a job - but he did learn more about himself than any public education could teach.

"Listen, it's not going to be easy. But this is better than living on your own. I want to see you succeed, Kali. You'll be a great hero one day, I know it,"

They rounded the last corner on the block and immediately to their left was the school, nestled between housing complexes that were meant to cater to the youths. It was a quaint place, nice and clean, with playground equipment out in the open. Arnold checked his watch.

"Classes must already be over. Let's see if we can't find the principal,"

He stepped inside, only to be met with a security officer straightaway. He was a speedster - now that's a good idea!

"Good evening sir, how can I help you and your..." he paused, for Arnold to finish the statement.

"Eh? Oh, his name is Kali. I'm Arnold Haas, I'm just bringing him here to see about enrollment,"

"Arnold Haas? Dallas's very own Pinnacle? Well aren't you a long way from home,"

"I was chasing a villain but that's not important now. Can we see the principal?"

"Sure, sure, right this way."

After a minute of going through the halls, they came to a medium sized waiting area attached to a secretary's desk. The next door over was the principal's office, and the guard knocked before letting himself in. There was a short conversation and the guard gave them a thumbs up before disappearing again.

"Mr. Haas, Kali, you can come in," a tender voice came from inside.

Arnold stood up to hold the door open for Kali, looking down at him.

"You ready?"

#281 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Kali shuffled himself inside the room dragging his raggedy shoes along the floor . He was nervous and scared but that would motivate him more . He looked at the walls and carpeting , he ran his and along the carpet, feeling the soft knitting . He would quickly with draw his hand. He was in a public place so he decided to act accordingly. He stood straight and tall. He didn't say anything unless he was spoken to. He looked outside the room he was called into.

He saw a group of children with a special uniform on. He was unsure if he ,too would be wearing those clothing

#282 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Arnold and the principal talked about this and that, going into more detail when the topic of legality came along. Since Kali had no legal guardian to speak of coming here, there had to be papers signed concerning Arnold being appointed a temporary one until a family member stepped forward.

He didn't have a problem with this, but the biggest wrench in this idea would be if someone actually related to Kali undermined all of this progress. It was a slim chance, as Kali had the best path to move into the future starting here.

Once everything had been determined, the principal looked over towards Kali.

"Hey Kali, do you want to see your room? You'll be sharing it with kids your age, so you'll have friends right away."

#283 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Kali's mind was somewhere else and he just stared at the ceiling. The principl's question finally reached his attention. He looked at the man and smiled "yes,I'd like to see the room " He imagined a place with loads of comic books and action figures,but the noise of such a place would bother him. "H-hh-how many children a-are in the room " He questions the principal.

He looked and though about something,he heard about legal guardians before and the only other relative he had was his brother who was attending a university in Metro City

#284 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"Just two, the room is large enough for you to have your own spaces and you can leave at any time for classes or for activities as long as you're back to your beds by 8 PM. Roger and Carson are in the same room as you,"

The principal led them to a warm room on the third floor overlooking the school center, a nice view for studying and thinking. She opened the door and two boys about the same age as Kali waved at him.

"Hi are you new? I'm Roger, Carson has three eyes,"

The triclops smiled. They shared the bunk bed with the third bed on the other side still empty. Posters of all sorts of comic book heroes and other collectibles were strewn around.

"I'm gonna be the Great Tri-Eyes!" Carson declared.

"What's your name, what kind of powers do you have?" Roger asked, his wings curling behind his back.

The principal nodded for Kali to introduce himself.

#285 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

"I-I I am Yaroslav Kalinin, and-and-and I'm unaware of my pow-pow-powers" He was extremely nervous and was shaking tremendously. He was terrible at introductions. "It's cool th-th-that y-ya-you have three e-eyes, you c-can see b-b-better " He looked at the angelic child , and then at the child's wings "An-and you ha-have fl-flight a-and other uses"

He looked down at his hands and nothing happened. He felt like a peasant among kings. "I -i don't think I -I have powers"

#286 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

"Hey, Kali," Arnold chimed in, kneeling down to eye-level.

"Remember what I said earlier? Just imagine that little piece of blue on the other side of all that grey. You want to be there? Just keep walking on the road,"

Roger spoke again, obviously the more vocal of the two.

"Hey, that's cool. We were born with physical changes, plenty of kids here are different. Carson is supposed to be able to shoot lasers out of his head,"

"It's true, I just get headaches," the triclops shrugged.

"And I can't fly very high or far, these things haven't fully matured yet," Roger brought his wings out to their full span, which was measly compared to the rest of his body. "They say I'm due for one last growth spurt and bam! I can fly as much as I want."

#287 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He looks up at Arnold and nodded,"Blue sky amongst the Grey clouds,life among concrete " He nodded looking down, the images appeared in his head but it was quite blurry and he was getting distracted by the noise. He decided to try again later and to communicate with his new roommates. He walked over to the two children and took a deep breath.

"Lasers? That's awesome, I really hope I have a power just as amazing,and I can't wait to see you're wings when they fully grow." He starts to act like an airplane and spread his hands out and started to run in circles

#288 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Roger said something inspirational and jumped off the top bunk, landing on the bed on the other side of the room with some effort put into his wings. Carson made laser sounds and started dipping and diving like a space hero, trying to get Kali to play.

The principal muttered about not playing too rough, but she knew they would do anything that came to mind to make new friends.

"Well Kali, how do you like it? Think you can stay for a while?" Arnold folded his arms over his thin chest.

#289 Posted by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

He looked at him and nodded, he would then whisper something in his ear, while standing on a chair, "I have a relative over 18,he's going to a college in Metro City, his name is Ruben" He then jumped off of the chair ,but his foot got caught by the chair's arm and he ended up face planting the ground. He continues to stare down at the ground for a few seconds and resumes his hurried route to play with his friends. He would pretend to shoot things from his hand. He would cartwheel and fall on his back,laughing.

He would push himself up and look at the posters and action figures , he remembered something, he felt his shirt pockets and felt the cardboard outlet of the Supra-Man card. He sighed and relaxed

#290 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_king:

Arnold returned the subtle comment with a nod of his head, having learned enough to hopefully go on now. He thanked the principal and made to leave, happy knowing that Kali had not only a roof over his head but a new family to call his own

He looked up at the window that Kali's new room was facing the schoolyard from. With a heaving inward breath, his loose-fitting clothes suddenly became tight and packed with unimaginable muscle. The new strength of Arnold had come from Pinnacle, the hero from the only metahuman part of his body: the right side of his brain.

Together, they were mighty.

"STRONG JUMP!" he roared, disappearing with a cloud of dust at his heels.

He was heading straight for Metro City.

#291 Edited by Rey_King (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt:

Kali watched this magnificent transformation from civilian to superhero. He smiled and pressed his hands on his chin. He was amazed at the strength from the jump. He looked at the blue speck of sky. He watched the light beams,brighting up that area where he once was.

He looked at the light and closed his eyes imaging what Arnold told him, "Just imagine that little piece of blue on the other side of all that grey. You want to be there? Just keep walking on the road,"" He imagined himself on a road and everything around him expect the buildings near him. He imagined a light in front of him ,it was dim and flickering. He walked towards it and as he approached it it began to glow bright and it grow larger, the darkness began to shrink a voice ,it sounded like a female ,rang through his head "Never forget who you are, and never forget that you're valuable " As he reached the light in this dream lIke scape, his body in reality glew and golden hue and it brightened the room with a heavenly light

I started the rp with Ruben in Metro )