(CVnU) Grimm City (Under Construction)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
#1 Edited by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

To understand Grimm, you need to understand the man who gave birth to her. Calvin Grimm III was a successful architect who was well known in the states by the time he reached his sixties. A plot of land had been established, under a unified vote of New Jersians, to turn the pocked marks of dead space on New Jersey's northern end that was too rugged for farming and too frigid for living on a homestead. When that time came, so did Calvin. He worked and toiled on schematics for four years before even beginning the project. By the time the city was truly underway he was in his early 70's.

It was about then that dementia started to take root.

Grimm started making unexpected changes to the cityscape designs, seemingly pointless revisions that served no purpose. Roads led to dead ends directly within the city center. Alleyways very often lead to dead ends. Some buildings are designed in a spiral formation that resembles spinning water. Nobody would argue with the man though because of his status. So works of madness and genius interweaved into a functional manifestation of one man's insanity. By the time they realized what they had it was too late.

TBC

#2 Posted by Feral Nova (58734 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O Grimm City!!!!! AAAHHH!!! Yeeees!

#3 Edited by _Dirge_ (3704 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to see this back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ab159a2510
#4 Posted by deactivated-5a4ab159a2510 (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a lil back drop, for now, I'll be adding more details this weekend.

#5 Posted by ParagonxXx (5002 posts) - - Show Bio

Grimm City? I'm confused, I thought it was Gothic City? o.0

#6 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab869058874a
#7 Posted by deactivated-5ab869058874a (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooh....

#8 Posted by ParagonxXx (5002 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: Because I thought Grimm City was in the CVU. This says it's in the CVnU

#9 Posted by deactivated-5ab869058874a (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: Because I thought Grimm City was in the CVU. This says it's in the CVnU

Dready here! IIRC, the CVU variant Grimm City is now Grim City, to create some distinction between it and Grimm City.

#10 Posted by ParagonxXx (5002 posts) - - Show Bio

@archivist: That explains things and clears up the confusion. Thank you! ^_^

#11 Posted by deactivated-5ab869058874a (48 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Red_Revenge (21 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Feral Nova (58734 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: are you revamping BV or is he the same but new look?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ab159a2510
#15 Posted by deactivated-5a4ab159a2510 (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Just a new look. Too many bats in the belfry.

#16 Posted by Feral Nova (58734 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_virtue: ah ok, i just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have to revamp her story LOL when I actually write it xD

#17 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: No you're good. Sometimes we have to adjust our look to suit the strategy of the fight.

No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by 8th_Wonder (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!

#19 Posted by Zauberin (6119 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a villain; I just know it!

#20 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
com'n here
com'n here

#21 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_ghostshell: Getting in is the easy part. The real question is

Can you make it back out alive
Can you make it back out alive

#22 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: Maybe its the Gothic City in me but,

I like my chances
I like my chances

#23 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: We really should talk business though. What Grimm needs is

a manufacturing plant
a manufacturing plant

#25 Edited by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: Poor people have crappy insurance

#27 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs said:

@the_ghostshell: There's such a thing as universal health care

In Grimm the Mayor does a blind lottery every January to determine which 140,000 residents will get full coverage out of the 280,000 who live there, including the wealthy and personally associated...

@_animus_: We really should talk business though. What Grimm needs is

a manufacturing plant
a manufacturing plant

Plants bring jobs and jobs bring spending Grimmers. Post up.

#29 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@_animus_ said:
@dr_higgs said:

@the_ghostshell: There's such a thing as universal health care

In Grimm the Mayor does a blind lottery every January to determine which 140,000 residents will get full coverage out of the 280,000 who live there, including the wealthy and personally associated...

I mean, that is universal

#30 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Niel flew slowly into Grimm's dark streets. The town looked ominous, but neither Niel or of course the great and powerful Doctor Polaris felt any fear walking down the street. The town looked like it was a place of shambles and disrepair, but that sounded perfect. He had made an agreement with Ms. Knightfall in Gothic that he'd offer his services, but they needed paying work, and Niel refused to go back to robbing banks. Polaris may not see anything wrong with it, but every time he saw the fear in the eyes of those poor civilians, his heart broke. He wasn't his father. He didn't beat the weak down who couldn't fight back. Polaris only cared about protecting the two of them. He never could emphasize with those around them.

Grimm city was the ideal place to come to then. He had heard many stories of people being mauled to death or being abducted, and while he wasn't a detective, he was a doctor and could help them. the city was a short commute to Gothic itself. Only a half an hour away and they can avoid the traffic by flying. But the important thing was finding a place to set up shop in. Property was cheap here due to all the deaths, and they didn't question or call the FBI when he asked to pay for the property in cash.

The shop would be around the corner, hopefully he'd have some peace and quiet and enough time to get adjusted to the town.

#32 Edited by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs:

A sea mist of sweat lingers in the air. It was nearly 1 am but the streets were alive like the ground in a forest at night, constantly moving, jumping, and hunting. Music bombarded the ears. Food purveyed the olfactory senses on multiple levels, a double-decker sandwich of nuanced and conflicting aromas. Every business in the Portmouth district is open 24 hours, and because of that draws all the shady types who your mother said were only ever up to any good past eleven. It's why Grimmians call it "The Red Eye District." That, and the giant novelty devil eye's standing on the roof of Chiron Club, overlooking the city with a menacing, unblinking glare into the darkness.

"Hey- hey man!" The man said throwing his words towards the out of place new guy heading down an alley, "You need? I got all the best from the highlights reel and if you're not big on the heavy stuff I got all the light stuff for a high feel. What's up. If you're looking for some box I know this pimp on Abelaine..." The man said with a smile that revealed teeth that seemed to represent Halloween 12 months a year. His white skin was dry and peeling, his skinny body almost lost in his clothes. If he had anything to offer, he looked more the type to use than sell it.

#33 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_:

What is he? Really? Drugs, whores, highlight reels? What even is that one? Niel almost walked away before polaris pointed something out to him. We're out here with no lisence to practice medicine, and while we can do a lot on our own, pain medication definitely isn't in our skill. We'll need local and general anethesia if we're to do our job properly. And blood, access to organ donors for transplants, perhaps this can be of some help.

Niel walked over to the suspicious looking individual. Most would try and keep their distance of someone approaching you in a dark ally late at night, but most people can't electrocute people without moving a muscle.

"Who's your dealer? I doubt you have what I need, no offense."

#34 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: "Who asks a question like that?" He takes a step back, "You a cop or something? You with The Force?" His hand begins sliding out of his pocket with something in his grip...

A.) Disarm him immediately

B.) Try and talk you way out of this

C.) Instigate more hostility

(Trying something new here. if your down, pick an option and play on it however you think your guy would. If not just ignore the options and do whatever lol)

#35 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_:

"A doctor" Niel's electromagnetic field could easily identify the weapon the punk had hidden behind his back. No need to escalate the situation by outright attacking him, he needs information. a simple field of magnetism surrounded his weapon, holding it in place like an invisible hand gripping it. "Please don't fight me, I just want to help. I may not be a dentist, but I could help refer you to one I know in gothic."

#36 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: "Leggo..." he gasps through the pinhole of his trachea, "Leggo-" Trying with every muscle in his body the vagrant wretches the non metallic parts of his body away from his hand enough to reveal an inhaler

#37 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: (ok, dude, I have basically a echo-locator that covers half a mile all around me. I'd know if that was a weapon or not. don't try and fake me out like that)

"Sure thing." Niel lets go of his electromagnetic hold and lets him go free. "I'm not looking to get anyone busted. I'm opening a clinic down the road and I'll need a steady supply of anesthesia if I'm to do any surgery."

#38 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: (Was always the plan but I didn't catch that echolocation part in your bio either my bad.)

The man's inhaler regains control and he immediately throws the inhaler up to his mouth, taking a quick and deep puff. He folds over and braces himself on his shaking knees, "Ain't armed man. Just, got excited. This ain't how I usually make a living. Figures with my luck I'd run into some super magnet man on the first sale." Once his knees stopped knocking he extended a hand, "A clinic, here? Man you showed up five years late but right on time. Free to patients though right? How am I getting a cut of nothing to get you supplies?"

#39 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_:

"You've never heard of investing in your neighborhood? The healthier people are, the more they can work, which means more money circulates through the economy." This was why Niel wanted to speak to his dealer. As nice as Niel was, he wasn't one to work with fresh faces well. "I'll find someone else willing to invest, you look like someone trying to make ends meet anyway, not someone who can make any kind of risk."

#40 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: "Yeeeah...that's all well and good but I need cash to circulate through my economy. You definitely ain't from 'round here, so you got no connections. You gotta grease wheels here, can't just ask for things and gettum. You want information you need to come off something...a watch, a phone, something! 'Not running a 411 line over here man!" He says getting riled up, but then catching himself. He had pins in his right knee and didnt want to know what they looked like.

#41 Edited by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: (I'm getting a real Ratbag vibe from this character)

"Then lets build some connections. Take me to your supplier, we'll see if I can't work out a deal with them." Niel realized that some of what this guy said was right. He may be looking at this from an ethical and moral standing, but he came here specifically because there was a lacking in morality, a darkness he could hide in. He just needed to make sure he didn't get swallowed up by said darkness. "Maybe I can take a look at that leg of yours. Get those pins replaced."

#42 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: (And desperate. He's trying to eat tonight so he won't give you what you want without something in return. He's got pins for a reason btw you take them out you ruin his legs 😅 )

He backs up, "What's that, like, a threat? Because then you damn sure ain't getting any help."

#43 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_:

"I said replaced, not removed. The pins looked shoddily placed, I was trying to be nice."

#44 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: You definitely said that. I'll respond later and get things moving

#45 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why but the fact that he has pins in his knee is just a subtle development that is badass

#46 Posted by Dominus_ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

"YOU WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION in 15 minutes," the sound of the GPS system broke the silence of this thirty minute ride. It's difficult driving through Honor Valley. Namely for the traffic, but most of all because it reminded him of the pain this part of town felt, the pain it was still feeling. He can see a woman with her fingers wrapped around the handles of her baby's carriage, with a vice grip she's bound to her blood, fearful of what's to come. To see the signs of his actions reflect off the car window, Brian's heart sympathized yet he didn't wince. Instead he stared at this young woman with an arched brow, curious to know what it felt like to have a mother care so well.

"Brian, everyone's still recovering." Alana had a habit of speaking first and forthright. It'd been months since the funeral of his old friend and the Newcastle legacy was starting to act far more reclusive than the Animus Corporation would have liked. Recently, his inquiries into Clarice Michelle Pierce, an off the books safe house coupled with the incident in South Africa worried a number of members from the board. So much so that it was now Alana's job to keep him focused.

"First A.I.D. Labs has given this community jobs and most of all...hope. Why, because of you. I want you to remember that." She rested his hand upon his and she could feel the sweat from his grip around the wheel. He seemed nervous if not bothered, his gentle eyes rolling back every few minutes to reassure himself that someone wasn't sitting in the backseat.

"Brian, we've talked about this." With her thumb she massaged his knuckles to lessen his tension, "He's gone and you're still here." Survivor's remorse and the acceptance of what he's done. It's been a troubling time for the former Brian Maddox Junior. From the office desk at the Phoenix Station to making the Forbes 30 under 30. Understanding the consequences of his ambition has been his greatest hurtle, but he's a grown man that didn't need coddling. "It's time we moved on."

Alana was right. It was time to let go of it all. It was time to start anew, but how could he? When the past wouldn't let go. It clung to his boots whenever he stepped onto the soil, urging him to sink into the depths of despair. Sometimes he could hear Agent Crews' screams and the way her heart monitor beeped when he visited her room. Sometimes he could feel Danny in the room. Almost as if he was real. Sometimes he wanted to end himself, but what for? This is who is he. Who's he's always been. Grimm.

"YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT Pair a' Normal's Pawn Shop. You're destination is on the right."

#47 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_higgs: "If you're up for it...yeah, sure. Ok. We'll go see my guy." The man says limping down the side walk, "But you gotta be careful how you speak. Be honest but don't bring up wires, or cops or any of that. He's paranoid. You ever see Shark Tank? Do like that. Pitch your sale, get an answer, get the hell out. Stay any longer than that and magnet man or not, you're ass is his. Name is Donnie by the way. Donnie Womack."

#48 Posted by Dr_Higgs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_:

Inner monologue time as Niel follows Donnie.

Niel: So, how are we going to approach this? You're the charming guy.
Polaris: Appeal to his desires. Criminals like these are greedy and short sighted. You can't convince them with talks of investments. Show them what we can do for them now, not later.
N: I'm not going to put those without money into debt and shove them out the door. Greed and hospitals shouldn't be a thing.
P: Then we don't offer them medicine. These mooks just want a way to make money, lets tell them about how people do make money off of hospitals.
N: Insurance. These street thugs already probably nickle and dime people like crazy for "protection". Not to mention pushing drugs onto people.
P: It'll have to do for now until we find a better source. I honestly don't mind this. We'd make more money if we charged everyone.
N: And we'd get less patients because people would rather die then come to us and face the medical bills. Plus unlike normal insurance companies, I get the feeling we'll get some Repo going on here.
P: You know I hate musicals.

#49 Edited by Dominus_ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx said:

Grimm in CVnU has existed for a long time. I feel like sometimes we forget that cause no one's touched the locale it in a minute, but every now and then Surkit comes back to his concepts and reminds everyone he's alive lmaoo

#50 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@dominus_ said:

Grimm in CVnU has existed for a long time.

Remember the original CVU? We even had logos ;D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided