Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#1 Edited by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Alternate realities exist beyond our comprehension, places of darkness, places of light, places of magic and places uninhabitable by anything other than creatures of our nightmares. Great literature has given us many characters throughout time, characters grotesque and dark, and characters of great heroic acts. In this universe those characters that we read about in school, studied in university, and watched in many an incarnation the silver screen, exist.

No Caption Provided

The Comic Vine Dark Universe houses these characters, they are people that you know well, but who in this reality harbour dark secrets and pasts. They are the people you know, but not in the way you know them. Dr Frankenstein and his creation, Dr Jekyll, Mina Harker, Sherlock Holmes, The Mummy, Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Invisible Man, The Elephant Man, Captain Nemo, Dorian Grey, Dr Moreu, Phantom of the Opera, plus many more live in this world as real as you or me, as real as you can imagine, but perhaps not as you know them.

The Environment:

No Caption Provided

Magic both dark and light exists in the Dark Universe, as such man and creature alike have not developed the scientific advances we know in our reality. There is no internet, limited electricity, everything is steam or hydro powered and other anachronistic technological developments. The world is Neo-Victorian, clothing is firmly set in our past, corsets, top hats and tails, long dresses and excellent manners are prevalent. Horse and carts thunder down cobblestone roads, while dirigibles float across the busy markets and robotic animals wander through Hyde Park with their owners firmly holding their leashes. Steam-powered trains run through the underground network, travelling above and below ground and across the land into Scotlandary, Irelando and Walesay. While women have the vote, rule the government houses and are among the most esteemed scientists in the land, they are still treated with manners and dignity.

The Royal family, the School for Magical Prodigies and the GREAT BATTLE...

School for Magical Prodigies
School for Magical Prodigies
Mistress Redhead (AKA Mina Harker)
Mistress Redhead (AKA Mina Harker)

Queen Elizabeth the 16th rules the land with an iron fist, literally as she is a steampunk powered cyborg. Her army of android henchman control the streets and monitor magic use among those that go “untrained” young children are taken into the care of Mina Harker the leading magic controller in London and the Mistress of the School for Magical Prodigies, one of the highest rated magic schools in all the world. Unchecked magic users cause chaos on the streets and often the Queens henchman can be found removing lower class children from their homes and sending them to be tutored by the many great scientists and lecturers at the school. Queen Elizabeth’s goal is to have the strongest army of magic users to protect against the advancing armies of the Americas’. Those who choose the darker arts are dealt with quickly and efficiently. Not since the menacing and deadly Dr Moriarty has there been a force of dark magic in the land, his followers and himself ran riot in the streets many years ago, destroying buildings, levelling major government factions and nearly killing the Queen. The great battle between himself and Sherlock Holmes is still talked about to this day in hushed awe. Those that mourn the death of Sherlock Holmes are able to visit the great statue in the centre of Hyde Park, many leaving red flowers at his feet, thanking him for protecting them from the great evil that was Moriarty.

HRH Queen Victoria the 16th
HRH Queen Victoria the 16th
Professor Moriarty and his followers committed some abhorrent acts
Professor Moriarty and his followers committed some abhorrent acts

Englands (where the Dark Universe is set) is at war with the America’s and the land is occasionally thwarted by attacks. Englanders live forever on edge that at any moment they could be attacked, most people carry weaponry for protection.

Rules and characters:

The aim here is to use your main characters, just in an alternate universe. In this universe Mistress Redhead is Mina Harker, so it’s the alternate timeline for my character. However, if you do not wish to participate in the rpg using your main character but in an alternate timeline, feel free to just add a new character. My thoughts are that you could alter your avatar when you are participating in the alternate universe.

Consider this a type of team, we will be doing more than one RPG within the universe and can use this thread as our interactions outside of major RPG’s. If you wish to own a shop/pub/scientific base etc within the thread please pm me and I will add it to the main post so people have places to visit. THANKS!

To help continuity and consistency I would like you to please let me know which character you will be playing. We don’t want 20 Dracula’s running around! If you do not wish to have a famous literary character, then I just ask that you make someone that fits into the universe in some way. Once we have all our characters I will do a special sheet for all of you, so I will ask for a powers/abilities/bio plus picture… but that’ll be later down the track

MOST OF ALL: This is for FUN please enjoy yourselves and don’t take anything tooooo seriously :P be nice to each other, follow all the site rules and lastly all rules of CVNU apply… except in an alternate universe!

Let me know below if you wish to participate and in what way and I will add you. Once we have everyone included and set up, I will be starting our first RPG.

#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies all, somehow the original thread got deleted.... (Does a mod hate me????) But thanks to the lovellllyy Black Bullet it's saved!

#3 Posted by Ivory_Vanguard (151 posts) - - Show Bio

(I was thinking of using a alternate reality version of burgle, nerfed to balance himself out here. He's going to essentially be the flood from Halo but reproduce much slower and infecting is waaay more survivable)

#4 Edited by _Grifter_ (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

Still alright with me using Talbot/Wolfman? (Dirge here.)

#5 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

Five [fake] dollars to the person who writes Liesel Meminger.

#6 Posted by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

what would a dark mistro be

DEADMAU5
MUAAHHAA

#7 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Shanana (60407 posts) - - Show Bio

Gah!!!! You got Eva Green!! When I get on my computer expect a rage gif

This is awesome

#9 Posted by Darkchild (42987 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#10 Posted by ThePuzzler (7701 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#11 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

London

It's strange how when people can't see something they write it off as coincednce, a freak gust of wind. Something not sitting quite right or perhaps a brief unfelt tremor. But when things get a little darker these acts become vengeful spirits, demonic connections to some ethereal plane. But sometimes they are just cold calculated and sinister intent. Being unseen leads to a feeling of god like power. You want something you simply walk up and take it. Petty theft leading to darker more primal crimes. A nice pocket watch, a beautiful young woman either he could simply take if he wanted and Edward wanted plenty.

This woman was truly beautiful. Her face youthful and defined framed by great curls of amber hair. Any man would be happy to have her on his arm. But Edward wasn't a gentleman and his intentions were as unchivalrous. Following her like her shadow waiting for a quiet spot stalking her. Smiling as he walked for what seemed like miles. A rampant animalistic lust taking over as she turned into an alley.

Predatory instincts taking over. Her beauty sprayed with blood as her face connected with the wall. Dazed as his cold ghostly hand grasped around her neck. Squeezing tightly blocking the scream deep in her throat. His other hand tearing at her clothes. She struggled, her hands reaching for the unseen hoping to somehow grasp at her attacker. Finding only air.

His lusts satisfied Edward walked away laughing as she lay broken on the alley floor. Just a voice on the wind. Another Beauty added to his collection.

#12 Posted by ParagonxXx (4143 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Icarusflies (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna be Dorian Gray so bad...

I won't, but I want too...

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#14 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

do it GIF

#15 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little confused by the "main character" and "alternate timeline" language. Is that all basically just an excused way of letting different [literary] characters get together in the same place and time, or is there something else going on that went over my head?

#16 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty cool!

#17 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@ananke said:

I'm a little confused

dum dum

#18 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: Flag on the play! Non-capitalization beginning a sentence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
#19 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@ananke: she's basically saying you can ether be your own unique dark u character that fits the them, a literary throwback, or an alternate version of a preexisting character you already have an account for that fit's one or both of those.

#20 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1010 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Feral Nova (58325 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
#22 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS AWESOME.

I wanna be Dorian Gray so bad...

I won't, but I want too...

Might I direct you to Cassius' post :P

Also, long time no see!

#23 Posted by Icarusflies (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

@archivist: Yay, hi! I've been (and continue to be) super duper busy. I miss y'all though, a LOT.

@cassius_knightfall: Nnnnn I'm so tempted. I'm sure I could keep up with one RP and it's been so long since I got to use a Gray. And I could show off my new ability to finish things!

#24 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

@_grifter_: yup. I'll add you today. I think editing the thread on my phone is what deleted it 😑

@feral_nova: perfect!!!

@jean_luc_lebeau: oh yes please! Should I have checked with you before doing this? 🤔

#25 Edited by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

@mastermouse: Does it have any links to literature? Or just something new? Also is it an alt account or main account in alt universe?

:)

#27 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies77: you're welcome you join us. I'm not asking for long term commitment. You can come and go as you please, which would suit Dorian ;)

#28 Posted by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@_mistress_redhead_: It does not, I was simply inspired by a picture I saw after already loving the idea of this thread, i think I'd make an alt because it'd only take a few minutes honestly. I feel like it'd be worth, def a lot of fun to be had i think

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

@mastermouse: nice! I like the creativity. Once you have a name I'll add you. You can be the first member of the shifter community... unless he's full mouse?

#30 Edited by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@_mistress_redhead_: Thankyou! :P
Imma make him a dude that transforms so shifter community indeed
I'll make the alt soon today and let ya know the name asap
gotta figure out wat i wanna call him

#31 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll be an ordinary human in this.

#33 Posted by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@amin_karrit: Be a hunter type dood in the wilderness, so I can eat you. \(>'O'<)/

#34 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: Cool! I think I'm starting to understand.

#35 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Irene Adler.

#36 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: I think it got deleted but: look option for quartermain

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Lord Henry Baltimore

#37 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by MasterMouse (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@amin_karrit: I actually laughed that was perfect

BUT YEAH LEMME GET DAT MEAT

#39 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_ said:

@jean_luc_lebeau: I think it got deleted but: look option for quartermain

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Lord Henry Baltimore

Red wont respond to me anyway so :P

#40 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I have checked with you before doing this? 🤔

Oh no no, I didnt mean to give that impression at all lol No in fact its I who is asking you :) this concept is awesome and I'd luv to include it

#42 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll be an ordinary human in this.

Lets be brothers.

#43 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_mistress_redhead_: Maybe you should make this the OOC cause its simply littered with em. Cassius' post drowned already lol

Partially my fault, I'm aware of this <_< >_> :P

#44 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: lol her last thread got deleted by a bug so she probably didn't even see it.

#47 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: hahah no I saw it. I'm just being....me :)

Those are dope. I'mma use those (depending on this possible brother angle). What issue's are those from?

#48 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: I'm not entirely sure yet. What about you? Maybe knowing what look you'll use will give me an idea. I already have the character's personality and everything else down though.

#49 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: Specifically? Idk. I just know their the first volume. Probably empty graves and red kingdom. Check your inbox.

#50 Edited by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio