#1 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
War!
War!

Unlike the RPG character battle thread, this thread is not user against user, but user made characters against comic book characters. For an example we might have Thee Champion against Superman.

Rules:

• Be honest about debating all characters (especially yours).
  • You are allowed to debate your own character.
  • If possible link a respect thread to a Comic Book Character when pitting them against a CVnU made character.
  • Define which type of Comic Book Character in use. New 52 etc..
#2 Posted by Atrocity_ (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a nice idea. Good luck with it.

#3 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Great idea!

Does anyone else know who would win in this fight:

Lex Luthor and his bodyguard Mercy Graves vs Tyrus of STRIKE and Xae (@gale_xanders) @tyrus_?

They both have prep time. No armies or agents of any kind.

Open field. They can have whatever gadgets, gear, armor, they made for the fight.

Avatar image for supreme_shaytan
#4 Edited by Supreme_Shaytan (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: Does Lex have his suit? Current Lex? Cause isnt he the new Darkseid or some crazy sh!t lmao

Edit: Aaaaand nevermind lol

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikademus: Lex is a new Darkseid? Man DC have gone insane :P

@admirallogic: I'd debate that but I don't know enough about Lex etc.

#6 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor and his bodyguard Mercy Graves vs Tyrus of STRIKE and Xae (@gale_xanders) @tyrus_?

Open field. They can have whatever gadgets, gear, armor, they made for the fight.

Luthor can only be beaten by Superman. It's like Rock-Paper-Scissors.

#8 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Synergy_X (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome thread!

#10 Posted by Synergy_X (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@nikademus: Whaaat?? Ok NOT darksied but he has the suit.

Let's say it's justice league cartoons. So suit, power thingy belt, etc.

#13 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@orpheus_knightfall: It's just kinda a joke about how people in the RPG board continuously grow in power, a little like DBZ. Bloodbending was in at one point, then super-speed, and it just kinda grows until someone brings street level back.

#14 Posted by Synergy_X (79 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can make whatever technology they want then I think Lex would win. He makes technology that goes up against Superman. That tier of tech is just a league above STRIKE's level of tech.

#15 Posted by Supreme_Shaytan (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Lex has some pretty impressive engineering feats. Given enough time he might solo without ever having thrown a punch lol The parameters are a little vague (like how much time is Prep time?)

#16 Posted by LunaHawk (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic:

I don't really know enough about Lex Luthor in actual combat. I do know it's a battle of three super genius level characters though, lol. I'll have to let other people debate this one.

#18 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Untrue!

Gorilla grod could have killed him if he hadn't used telepathy.

#21 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Supreme_Shaytan (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

@admirallogic: I'mma go team CVnU then. 3 weeks here is like 9 years DC time :P

#24 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex's technology is stupid good. He tears through Kryptonians and Daxamites and broke Braniac's neck. I very much agree with Deathbattle's judgement.

Symbiote Ironman>Lex

But Lex>>>>>>Most all of iron man's suits.

Even animated Lex Luthor made an orbital satellite capable of pummeling superman for a while that fires off beams at Upper hypersonic speeds.

#25 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

How about...

Superior Spider Man (Doc Ok) Vs Ivana

No Caption Provided
  • In character [both willing to kill though]
  • Superior Spider Man has decided to eradicate Ivana from the world and has prepared to fight and defeat her within Gothic City for an entire month. He has access to as much information as is public and whatever he can get his hands on (in relation to knowledge about Ivana etc).
  • Conditions are to the death only. No running, or KO, death.
#26 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow and Hawkeye vs Arquitins and Apex.

In each case there's a more traditional hero and a more soldier with an archer focus. Which pairing would adapt better though to eachother I find an interesting question. Both sides are allowed to share arrows and know of eachother's abilities. They however can't use outer sources like Shield Maverick or a League of Shadows. Fight takes place in Gothic

Sorry it ain't cleaner or got links and pics >.> blame mobile

#27 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: That's a good match up. Green Arrow and Hawkeye are tough but still only "human". Hmm..

#28 Posted by Clara Mass (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:

@orpheus_knightfall: It's just kinda a joke about how people in the RPG board continuously grow in power, a little like DBZ. Bloodbending was in at one point, then super-speed, and it just kinda grows until someone brings street level back.

till someone brings street level back. idk why but lol

#29 Edited by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:

till someone brings street level back. idk why but lol

Cuz street level is sexy. So when you bring street level back...you're bringing sexy back.

#31 Posted by Supreme_Shaytan (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know....I dont think the two of them together could beat a teleporter...thats a tough argument to make I think lol

#32 Posted by Supreme_Shaytan (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

How about...

Superior Spider Man (Doc Ok) Vs Ivana

No Caption Provided
  • In character
  • Superior Spider Man has decided to eradicate Ivana from the world and has prepared to fight and defeat her within Gothic City for an entire month. He has access to as much information as is public and whatever he can get his hands on (in relation to knowledge about Ivana etc).
  • Conditions are to the death only. No running, or KO, death.

Noooice

#33 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: yours was good to

I like the idea of the fight. Being on teams I feel the comic side would coordinate better and be able to come to terms on how far to go. Where Alex and Abby would butt heads they however do have a bit of upper hand do to powers. Both still use it as support more then a staple however so it doesn't lend to much

#35 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: The only problem with street level is that when it comes back in alot of the powerful characters have nothing to do. Plus it's more fun to throw someone through a building and then hit them with said building only to have them catch it and use it to knock you into orbit then it is to run around a city shooting people. Thats just my opinion tho.

#36 Posted by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: Interesting battle! Wish I could participate but I have almost no idea about Hawkeye or Green Arrow so it's on me to resist my natural temptation to downplay their skill.

However, Abby has coordinated soldiers before. In her right mind, she's shown herself a capable general and was able to work with a wide variety of people. Fought in rundown Venezuela (right after Stark and crew took over) and coordinated efforts while just learning Spanish, at this point was able to work the League as well (although many of them were plotting behind her back). Even worked with Charlemagne once in the earlier days [giving him the benefit of the doubt], and was willing to work with Ivana.

And other smaller things that include working with Aphasic and, in various big events, coordinating with local authorities and forces to protect civilians and/or fight enemy forces. But nobody pays attention to those so I don't expect it to go noticed.

So, in the heat of battle I highly doubt she'd be willing to "butt heads" with Alex because it'd be a waste of time. At worst, they quickly establish that they are not a good coordinated team and Abby says "screw it I'm not wasting my time arguing with her." At best [if Alex doesn't carry herself like a bloody cur ;-P], they could actually coordinate really well.

Now, I have no idea what bearing that has on the battle if any, but just that little detail. Could be an interesting fight if it happened!

#37 Edited by Arquitenens (11973 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: The only problem with street level is that when it comes back in alot of the powerful characters have nothing to do. Plus it's more fun to throw someone through a building and then hit them with said building only to have them catch it and use it to knock you into orbit then it is to run around a city shooting people. Thats just my opinion tho.

He said, with his Vincent Valentine av.

[No that's not a barb; just appreciation of irony.]

#38 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: forgot about those, in that case we probably do have the upper hand. I do think they'd be a bit less coordinated but by the sounds of it not to any extreme. Always had the opinion the two would get along so long as they got over the kill/nonkill issue. I'll avoid going to much further into detail however till I've looked up Hawk and Arrow or someone else mentions em

#39 Posted by _Drake (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting on a Warsman vs Marvel Universe.

We all know Warsy solos, we just need to make it official.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#40 Edited by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Is this limited to purely comic-book-characters? I know the title says Comic-Book-Characters, but would it be possible to use characters from games, literature, etc?

#41 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm not necessarily disagreeing on the lex luthor fight I do think everyone is underestimating Xae's technology considerably. STRIKE no but Xae's is far above STRIKE's.

#42 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm not necessarily disagreeing on the lex luthor fight I do think everyone is underestimating Xae's technology considerably. STRIKE no but Xae's is far above STRIKE's.

I'm aware of that :P But Luthor's tech is another story. Anti-Matter bombs, plasma weapons and the like, I know about. But, you yourself aren't disagreeing with the outcome.

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
#43 Posted by Damian_Carlisle (857 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter said:
@orpheus_knightfall said:

@pyrogram: The JL is doing an arc where everyone is a god.

Writers still taking ideas from the RPG board I see

As always.

I think Satar would sh!t on Bane in terms of quality of character as well as fighting ability.

#44 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6:

I don't know lex luthor enough to argue it, but I was seeing a lot of talk about STRIKE tech, STRIKE tech isn't the one people should talk about on that side. That was my only point.

#46 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait...

Canuck VS Jughead

• Morals on
  • A six pack of beer and burgers in the middle of the fight
  • ...Profit? XD
#47 Posted by Lichter (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
@lichter said:
@orpheus_knightfall said:

@pyrogram: The JL is doing an arc where everyone is a god.

Writers still taking ideas from the RPG board I see

As always.

I think Satar would sh!t on Bane in terms of quality of character as well as fighting ability.

Bane, like Doomsday, was a plot device. "We need Batman to get his back broken." "Alright, here's a guy called Bane. He'll get it done."

No Caption Provided

#48 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone who knows comics, I want to throw Luna Hawk into the ring but someone with comic know how should pick the foe.

#49 Posted by Synergy_X (79 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superior Spiderman vs Ivana

My impression was that Superior is significantly more powerful than Peter? Both in terms of strength and some kind of adamantium level webbing? But my Superior knowledge is minimal.

• Hawkeye and Green Arrow vs Apex and Abby

Hawkeye is basically superhuman in terms of his physical stats. He's lifted a car off of him with one arm, wrecked Daken and company when he was Ronin.

Green Arrow is also an excellent hand to hand fighter and has tagged a lot of hard targets in his days in the JLA. That said, I don't know if Green Arrow gets his n52 feats and is pre-n52 feats or just one of the two.

In the end I'd give it to the team because Apex has portals, an exoskeleton and a super powerful bow. She seems like she is on a power tier above Ollie and Clint.

• Canuck vs Jughead

I'm not familiar with Jughead's feats (if there is such a thing?) at all. But I would favor Canuck as he goes into warzones with superheroes and Jughead is just a regular kid as far as I can see.

#50 Edited by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay okay, here's a serious one.

POW VS DeathStroke (New 52)

No Caption Provided
  • POW is basically Shocker with his tech amped up to 11 (I.E Obliterating an entire portion of the White House within seconds with a kinetic blast)
  • Morales off
  • Both equipped with standard gear (POW with his gauntlets and kinetic-blasting suit/ DS with his array of guns and swords)
  • Grand Central Station, Manhattan.