Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lowlaville

Disclaimer: Alternate reality of CVU

No Caption Provided

Some crazy old scientists and military folks in the US were researching on alternate realities and gateways, so called [windows] into alternate universes. The year is 2017, and research goes out of hand. A few of the constructed dimensional portals converge, opening a dimension of mist and horrifying monsters of of unimaginable proportions into the world at large.

A mist, originating from the portals soon covered the entire world, and killing all its resident inhabitants, most of its animal species and humans and mutants alike. Only a few survived this treacherous land. The giantess @kaija, the rock giant @gargamight and Kaiju alike became the one dominating feature of this treacherous landscape.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Year 2021; 4 Years after the mist spread

UNKD Boracay

A man stood in front of a large set of monitors, looking at a digital map of the world. Currently, there were no official countries in the world, no powerful nations and the population of humans were scarce to none. There were 5 hot spots, one in Africa, 2 in the US, 1 in China an 1 in Australia, 5 spots that continued to release a white mist that covered everything from sea level all the way up to 15 kilometers into the air.

The monsters, the Kaiju attacked anything and everything with physical contact to the mist, avoiding anything else that was not. This behavior was not noted until it was too late. Then again, the Kaiju were monstrous in size, sometimes reaching up to 1 kilometers in height, there really was no way they were NOT destructive. And most of the smaller ones were aggressive and beyond manageable. Only an organisation like the UNKD has been able to stay on the face of the planet. Why? Because it had its own set of Kaiju protectors @kaija and @gargamight had been able to stave off waves of invaders on their own.

"Sir, we cannot locate his energy signature," One of the men sitting behind a row of desks told the man who kept staring at the large screen in front of him.

"Last known location?" The man asked.

"A few miles off of the African portal, sir," The man responded to the question.

His brows creased. "Send Agent Nightcrawler (@interstitial) to look for him," The man ordered.

Roughly one week ago, Ali had gone off by himself to explore the regions around the portals. Everything was going smoothly until his mysterious disappearance. His whereabouts were unknown, the trackers and his comm devices were not working. This has never happened before, and naturally was cause for worry.

Interstitial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No matter how many times she had told them she didn't work for them, they still acted as if she did. Anakia supposed that the difference was largely semantic - UNKD told her to do something, she told them that she served Ali Outsider only, and they told Ali to tell her to go do whatever it was, which she then did. Some of them, she thought, were annoyed at her continued insistence on the extra layer of responsibility, but Anakia wasn't willing to budge on the issue. It meant something to her, even if the people here didn't understand what it meant. Ali understood. That was enough.

The worst times, of course, were the ones where he told her to stay behind. She had gotten used to it, as time passed, but even though she obeyed, she didn't like it. She had asked him, time and time again, how she was supposed to protect him when she wasn't there. He would tell her that he didn't need her protection, secure in himself, but Anakia always argued that he didn't need her protection until the one time when he did, and when that happened, she wanted to be there. It was a familiar argument; they'd had it dozens of times over the years, to no different conclusion. When it came down to it, she followed his orders, even if that meant not following him.

As she had predicted, of course, one of the times that she wasn't with him was one of the times when she should have been. And now UNKD was asking her to track him down, as if that wasn't something she was already planning to do. If nothing else, she had to find him so she could say "I told you so."

It had been four years since she'd agreed to serve him, and countless lifetimes interspersed between the ticks of time in those years. Even Ali didn't know quite how much time she spent in the cold place, though she believed he suspected it was more than she let on. The hallways were solitary - she was the only one in the outer world who courted them. That meant that when she was there, she was alone, but she had learned that it also meant that when she was there, she could bend them to her will. Much of her time had been spend finding out how strong that will was, and how much of it she could impose - what she could change. What she could do.

Ali told her legends - well and good. She listened to them, learned what she could, and in the infinite time of the cold hallways, practiced things that were not parts of legends. Perhaps one day she would be the one the legends spoke of.

But perhaps not. An assassin sought no recognition. Anakia was silence. For now, there were no legends. And why should there be? The only one who would have understood them was Ali Outsider, and the man was a legend himself.

Better him than her. But right now, his legend was missing. And so she retreated from the real world and courted the dark hallways again, bending them into mazes and labyrinths that touched on the hidden places of the world, searching for hints of the legend of Ali.

Avatar image for lord_knightfall
Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOC: Screw it. Can I join with this guy?

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lord_Knightfall

@lowlaville: Thanks!

The eyes of Cydrus scanned the horizon as he stood up from the remains of a destroyed city. The mist still lingered across it and he could only walk among the corpses and rubble alone seeing what this world had so suddenly come to. He sighed tossing the hood and mask from his face, they were no longer any good but for combat that would inevitably come with beings that still remained.

No Caption Provided

At some point I'll be hunted down by something. Even so, it'd be best to find someone who is still alive. Whether they intend on trying to kill me, ally themselves with me, or remain neutral. At least knowing would be good enough. He thought as he suddenly put himself into a full on sprint across the land leaving a trail of dirt and dust in his wake. His keen eyes scanning for any sign of life that might appear as he took a deep breath and let out a rather enormously loud, "Anyone still alive here?" Into the distance even though he was well aware that might attract friend and foe alike.

"Best to get this over with sooner or later." He said to himself as he continued racing around and looking for signs of movement or life.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kaija

"For miles and miles, it's all you can see. Television broadcasts and radio signals seemed to stop coming in long ago. I can't even tell night from day anymore, it's all the same deathly gray. All the time. A lit cage with no windows." she explained, her voice weak, and her eyes seeing everything around her but not really observing anything, "Just recently, Ali went missing. I should be wanting to journey off into the mist and search for him. I should be ignoring my orders to stay and guard this place, but there's this... vision that I can't ignore. I go AWOL and spend some time searching for him. Some amount of time that's just a bit too long, however long that might be. I wander and wander and I don't find him. And I come back here and... it's all gone, swept away in my absence. The cage just gets a bit smaller. I almost wish that the fog had taken me in my sleep..."

She sat in the back of a pickup truck, slumped down in the bed of the vehicle to avoid being seen easily. Nearby was a familiar creature, something that she had many times before sworn to never ally with. Someone whom she blamed for the pain that spread throughout her body in response to his blessing whenever it served her. She had had a life in this world, and there was too much here to abandon for a villain. A devil, nonetheless. But as the fog spread and consumed more and more of the anchors that kept her bound to the world, she was losing touch. With the recent disappearance of her loved one into the bowels of the mist, she began to accept that perhaps the last anchor had vanished. The there was nothing keeping her tethered to the world other than her own flesh and blood; the inability to leave.

"All that's left now is fighting. Fighting for people who know less about me than even you do. Fighting for the next day, over and over until we all die. I think I might be ready to fade with the rest of the world."

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@interstitial: @lord_knightfall:

It was cold. Dark. Ali had been checking the portal in Africa. It had taken station in what once was Cape Town. Now all it was, was a city lost to a host of giant monsters and swarms of deadly creatures that had come out of the portal. Ali had let his curiosity lead, he had not kept vigilance, the mist made it hard to keep track of everything that moved. Not all the creatures had bio-electricity after all. Some were powered by fire, some water & some of Earth, like Gargamight. There was no way Ali would know that one of those creatures was behind him.

Its steely grip knocked Ali out when it grabbed him. The creature, a 60 meter tall humanoid rock giant, had taken Ali a few miles underground near the former cape town. The cavern was lighted by an spooky blue colored glow. Ali tried to move, start his Lightning Core, but strangely, he couldn't. It wouldn't begin to turn. There was no power. To his horror, Ali realized that his power core had been drained dry.

This has never before happened to him. This was unprecedented. Just what could do this to him? Ali started to panic. Was he going to die? His only hope now was for someone to come rescue him. Deep in his heart, he knew that his beloved @kaija was on his way. She would never abandon him. The thought gave him hope, as it did by the presence of his brothers back in the realm. They always came. Kaija would come. Ali believed it in his heart.

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: (OOC: Are you tagging me so I can get involved in that or was it kind of accidental?)

Interstitial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville

Anakia had long ago learned not to engage the fearsome beasts of the Outer World that had become without reason. Sometimes, when the Outsider asked her to, she killed them, but when she wandered alone she mostly let them be, slipping in and out of place, unable to be caught. There was little glory in fighting those things, and no contracts. She watched them, when she wished to.

Right now, she wandered in and out of the labyrinth of the world, and searched for Ali. Time was a strange thing for her, and she spent much time traveling and very little of it in the world that others called real. She searched for traces of Ali's legend, and traces of his power. It was in the place that the maps called Africa that she found a hint of it - not Ali, but a creature of stone that... Anakia wasn't sure how to describe it. But there was something in that creature that reminded her of Ali. She'd seen it before, in the things he had fought with his lightning - those few that had survived the experience. She had learned over the years to recognize his personal traces. The creature near Cape Town held them.

Anakia avoided it, and began to search, but no where on the surface of the Outer World could he be found. She knew Ali Outsider, though, and so when the surface gave her nothing, she warped the cold hallways into stairs, and searched the skies. They, too, offered nothing that gave her any indication. She paused in the Outer World a moment longer than usual, kneeling in the dirt and picking up a rock. Crystal, quartz of some kind. The sort that grew underground. Ah.

She set it down and returned to the cold hallways, and this time she twisted the passages down. It was not easy. The passages did not like to twist through solid rock - they preferred to go around. Anakia ignored their preferences - they would go where she wanted them. She still shuddered a little when she walked through them, the solid rock of the Outer World was... it wasn't real here, but there was something about it. A pressure, in the darkness. In un-time, she grew accustomed to it, learned to find the places where the pressure was less and she could step through into the caverns that eked themselves out below the ground.

She found many things in those caverns. Most of them dead. Most of them forgotten. Neither mattered much, to Anakia. They were not Ali Outsider, and so she kept looking, until she found him.

She did, though. Eventually. And knelt beside him, arms folded. "Ali Outsider. You are an idiot."

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: (OOC: Are you tagging me so I can get involved in that or was it kind of accidental?)

You can get involved. Thats why I'm tagging you. lol

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@interstitial: @lowlaville:(OOC: Lol, well I had to be sure. Thanks!)

He wasn't getting anywhere with the method he was using. It was time to be a bit more...creative. He reached his arms out to the sides whispering ancient almost entirely forgotten words as he accessed the vastness that was his knowledge of magic. Two deep breaths and then absolute silence from him as a red mist seemed to encompass his hands and flow up across his arms then around his head as he listened eagerly a field of detection growing until he could sense movement underground.

"So there are people left." He said to himself opening his eyes and racing towards the entrance of the maze stopping and putting his hood over his head just in case while holding his bow in his left hand and began swiftly walking the maze using his sense of sound and even smell following quickly towards whatever was the source was.

No Caption Provided

He stopped just before turning a corner practically feeling that they were just around the corner. Another breath and he stepped out pulling himself into their sight a cloaked figure ready to see their reactions, "So that makes two others who survived. I'd rather you don't try and kill me at present. I was rather hoping to have at least a temporary truce."

The fact he had a bow in his left hand and was armed like some sort of medieval warrior archer might have been a bit worrisome, especially with the hood still covering his face. But Cydrus hadn't bothered to think whether it'd be better to be safe or promote a sense of safety between them so he kept it how it was for the "introduction."

Interstitial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Interstitial

@lord_knightfall: @lowlaville:

Ordinarily, Anakia would have dropped into the cold realm at the first hint of intrusion, but this situation was not ordinary. Ali Outsider was there, and was... unwell. She wasn't entirely sure what had happened to him yet or how to fix it, and had been contemplating the issue when the intruder arrived. She'd drawn her blade and moved to stand between them, taking not the cold hallways to get there but the infernally slow pathways of the outer realm - two steps, in real time. Two knives, one in each hand, the left blade held in a guard position, the right blade smaller and primed to throw.

She did not throw it, though. The intruder spoke, peaceably enough. She slipped the throwing knife back into its hidden sheath, but kept the other blade in her hand for now. "There are others," she acknowledged his words. "More than you would think. Have you been wandering alone?" She didn't particularly need an answer to that question - the answer was obvious from his words. "Be at peace, stranger. I've no reason to kill you." Not at the moment, anyway. In a world full of monsters, people seemed to get along better. There was little work for an assassin, but much more for a guardian.

At least, when Ali Outsider would let her be one and not insist on wandering off alone. Idiot.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the world ended I joined up with the military more specifically the UNKD and I found new ways to gain more power which I reached for at every opportunity. With my new found power over the oceans and almost every single liquid known to man I could give Kaiju heart attacks through bending their blood or whatever passed for it. I could increase the pressure and density of the water they felt maybe even crushing some of the smaller ones when I pressurize the water around them. With my new found powers over the oceans I could sense every Kaiju in the water almost acting as an early warning system if necessary hell with this mist about anything that walks through it I could sense them from a distance the size of Rhode Island. Although even after the apocalypse started when I watched Aleenah die with her people I could not find one person I swore to never leave alone in this life, Maoli. I've searched where I could and still I find nothing even with my newfound power some people still elude me.

None of that mattered now I've come to the conclusion she could be dead no matter how unlikely I had to accept it so that I could go on. Today was different though the UNKD had lost contact with one of their ships carrying some cargo and they needed me to find it and confirm if the ship had been lost and whether it was sunk or not I was supposed to bring the ship and it's cargo back with me. Unfortunately for me the ship was last heard from when it was in between Japan and Taiwan which was a hot zone for potential Kaiju activity who apparently all got a laugh out of the old Godzilla movies and decided to repeat what they saw.

Either way I had my orders and they needed to be fulfilled.

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(OOC: Well geesh how many freaking people are in the unkd! Gaige, Kaija, Orange Water, Ali Outsider, and it seems I might be missing somebody.)

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lowlaville

@lord_knightfall said:

(OOC: Well geesh how many freaking people are in the unkd! Gaige, Kaija, Orange Water, Ali Outsider, and it seems I might be missing somebody.)

OW is not though... well maybe in mistverse he is. LOL

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: (Weird. I thought he was for some reason...)

Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gargamight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandal_king: @kaija:

Ever since his awakening he had been someone who had to hid. The humans feared him for his size and the threat they thought he posed. He was forced to hide beneath the ocean and keep his location hidden. He’d even wondered if the world had changed too much for him back then. So when the mist was released and humanity fell to the monsters Gargamight was able to finally stand. He was able to walk the world in peace, the monsters of the mist able to be calmed enough to let him pass unharmed. While the sudden fall of humanity might cause one to think that the giant would have used his strength to help he stayed back. In truth the amount of humans that dominated the world had caused him to raise an rocky eyebrow. Would the world truly let a species rule for this long? The answer had proven to be no, and it was quite fitting that they caused it themselves.

Still it was just part of the cycle, humans had no more right to the world then the monsters of the mist. Who has he too stand in its way, a watcher was what he was, a pacifist. However, he wouldn’t let a species be wiped out completely. So when the UNKD called for him to protect the last remnants of humanity he answered.

It had been years since then and the fights were taking their toll on the giant. His body was covered in cracks from head to toe and he was missing his lower jaw. Still there was no end in sight. For every wave that they pushed back more kept coming. Yet he would not let the humans fall, if a man like Ali would keep fighting to keep them alive then he too would not give up. However Ali had been missing for a while and people were assuming the worse. As much as he might have wanted to search for him there was no way the UNKD could just send out one of their heaviest hitters on a search run. So instead he sat on the ground meditating as a pickup truck lay at his feet. He was skeptical of the person that Kajia had chosen to met with but he didn’t say anything. After all she had showed him compassion and was someone that Ali trusted. Still he didn’t like the look of this Vandal.

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Blood it trailed her movements thick and foul and in a quantity that was disturbing to the eyes. Or at least to most, to her Rana, the heterochromia hero however age twenty it was the best sensation. Blood was like a shower, blood was where she felt clean. It was the only time things became quiet. Drasil's were no longer sheathed in an umbrella, there were two now and they stayed in a modified scabbard. They could change to a blade on her arm instead if she desired. It came from a presumably dead girl who had made them for Rana on her eighteenth birthday, a grappling hook system that worked in unison amazingly with Rana's favorite ability having been also woven into the design. That was one of the only powers she still had.

When she became of age hell had her give birth to a terror. One giant in a world that had become of them it was something sick to her and forgotten by most. For the longest time Rana had thought she was in control, that her powers were something she could use. That she didn't have to bring about the ruin voices promised she would. At the height of her self worth however they kicked her down. Dragging away almost everything. Through the circle for lust she could manipulate winds. Her eyes still could see hallucinations and the darkness of the world. Other then that all that was left of her powers was channeled through the arm her abomination had taken. Her left hand now something hidden under bandages, that when undone revealed a monstrous amalgam of obsidian hell fire and muscle.

She dropped from the skies the rain of ichor welcome as she got to her feet, soon followed by a need to maintain balance. The giant fell over it's collosal body destroying buildings along the way down. Smoke blossomed into the sky vast and easily forgotten in the mist. This thing wasn't the one she was after so the joy of taking it's life was only short lived.

"You saved us lady" remarked a child pleased to see a human who was willing to stand up to the monsters. Behind him was a series of other survivors who'd simply feared for their life. What could they do to the monsters that roamed the world. They were quick to welcome Rana in, offer food and shelter. Practically sang on the spot trying to make up some grand epic balled for their hero. The woman could see it though the father was disappointed and she knew why. Tonight wasn't going to end well. Some time passes and the young boy asked a question. "Why would you come into this hot spot though?"

"Because, I've a son. About two, it's one of those things. I need to lay it to rest." The gathering of survivors including a father and son were only looking on with more questions. "I used to be a hero, in the world before I tried to use my ability to make hell something good. I was dumb, more I use it the more of a hold it had over me. So when the time was right, it ripped me open dragging away most my powers with it. Ripped away my arm as a way of saying thank you. Then went off to join the many beasts out to devour the world." The story was short an honest, she was fine with that. She really didn't want to remember what she had to deal with the memories of that day. "I really should go, you don't have the food or beds to take care of me as well." That made her smile faintly a bit, to think now a bed was such a luxury item, four years ago she was willing to offer it to a boy just because she was nice and he was cute.

This father did the same, offered his bed to Rana for the night. And she agreed, but didn't want him to have to lay on the floor. It had been a good night, dare she say even fun. And when the man went to sleep, after she had cleaned up, Drasil thrusted into the heart and twisted. This man she'd laid with had survived by killing, anyone who wouldn't follow him like a sheep was executed. The devils that circled him throughout the day told the tale, the stares a few survivors gave filled in the gaps. She did feel bad for the boy, he had people with him however. It was better this way.

No Caption Provided

Leaving the house at the dead of night she simply chose a direction to walk. If she had to guess she was on one of the small islands between Taiwan and Japan. Not to far in the distance she could see a boat, a UNKD vessel perhaps the same one @orange_water was looking for. Though she didn't know if the man was alive herself, sense the Mist came to be Rana had been somewhat of a nomad traveling on her own and somewhat running from the world as much as she was confronting it. She would be easy to spot however whenever she found a giant she was quick to savagely put it down. A rush of air as the woman took to the skies and had her grappling hooks find refuge in the flesh of these monsters. A sonic boom as she closed the distance, and a geyser of blood as she laid the abomination to rest with a blow that separated head from spine leaving only some tendons and skin to try and hold the head on a dead beast's shoulders.