CVbU Winters tower (location/business)

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Although outwardly the tower seemed to change little much had changed inside.

All except the first three floors were heavily guarded and restricted to only close associates or employees.

The first three floors did still keep the creativity room and much of the other stuff, however now extremely high tech. It had advanced to the point where a near perfect hologram could be made from only an square foot of projector. These were placed all over. Not only were they designed to interact with the costumers they were designed to actually fight with threats, though they could be dissasembled if you could just attack the projector.

Cameras were beggining to become untrustworthy with all the technological genius's and technopaths so Winters Tower relied on speciels sensors for magic, metas, life forms, and even lack thereof. These sensors would be extremely difficult to get past.

It was still open and would do business with most people, but only on the first three floors. No one knows exactly what goes on in the others.

A new product: Artificial Nth metal was made. Cheaper and more obtainable than the real thing it quickly became a very useful item. Although it does have a few drawbacks, it is somewhat less tough as Nth metal and some higher level magic users can break against it before it tires them out.

OOC:

I may end up adding a picture or so.

Security is very difficult to get past, possible, but difficult. Especially past the first three floors.

Unbeknowest to most there is mutanite in the walls and floors of all the floors above the fourth and below the first. The artificial Nth metal is also lined in the walls.

Normal rules apply.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

I like it, I love how the defenses evolved.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

Xae approached the roof of Winter's Tower at a glide, her wings spread out and picking up the air current as she slipped through New York's night sky in her black armor. The wind raced over her sleek form as her altitude steadily decreased. She took a wide sweeping bank to the left, gradually circling the building at a distance to bleed off speed. There's going to be sensors on the roof, rumor suggests the building is fortified against intrusion. I could use a brief EMP surge but I think they'd notice that. No, I need to blend in with the background, trust to the suit's abilities and see how well they hold up. It'll be a good test run, I haven't used it yet against advanced sensors. If they're trained well someone will notice a brief shift in the sensor grid but it will delay their response.

Xae finally made her approach and trusted in her armor. It's stealth qualities included the ability to absorb or even redirect various detection methods. To the advanced sensors on the roof she would appear as nothing more than a brief glitch. She landed in a perfect crouch and folded her wings, concealing them once more with her shape shifting abilities.A posted guard heard the briefest of noises and turned around just in time for Xae to wrap her fingers around his throat and lift him up off his feet. She cocked her head, tightening her fingers to render him unable to speak and pulled the earpiece from his ear with her other hand. She slipped it under her cowl and into her own ear while her HUD scanned his face against a facial recognition database she'd built over the years. Innocent. Xae shifted her grip until she was cutting off blood flow to his brain, waited until he passed out and set him down on his back on the rooftop.

She extended her claws and searched the roof in silence for an access hatch. Eventually she found what she was looking for and smiled a little. Locked from the inside but that's ok. She removed a small container from her belt and opened it up, quickly dumping the contents onto the hatch. There was nothing to see, it looked as if she were turning an empty container upside down for no reason. In reality thousands of tiny nanomachines made their way onto the hatch and entered a stealth mode that would cloak them from sensors designed to detect such intruders. Again the machines would have precious little time to work before their stealth mechanisms worked against them so they worked swiftly, patching themselves into the locking mechanism and its associated control computer. A quick reprogramming later and the hatch unlocked on its own accord, a move designed to not set off any alarms. Their task completed the little machines promptly disintegrated. Xae opened the hatch and slipped inside. She closed the hatch behind herself and allowed it to once against synchronize with the building's security grid and continued down the hatchway until she dropped noiselessly from the ceiling into the upper most floor of the tower. Here things would become somewhat easier to move around. She ducked around a corner and waited until people disembarked from a lift and then slipped past them. On her way by the slipped a security card from a coat pocket and dodged into the elevator before she could be spotted. Once inside Xae used the card to access the lift controls. Scans suggest the Mutanite information and resources are on floor 36. She pressed the button for floor thirty seven and as the lift descended she climbed up to its roof and slipped out of an access hatch in the top of the lift. Once on-top of it she replaced the panel and waited in a crouch. Eventually the lift arrived and she climbed her way to the doors for floor thirty seven and forced them open with her claws.

Xae used her suit's sensors to investigate the surroundings, found no one was near by and slipped from the elevator shaft to the floor. She rounded a corner where her scans alerted her to the presence of two heavily armed security guards protecting the room she intended to access. Her HUD identified one man as an innocent and she disabled him quickly before he could say anything. The second was a veteran of Korea, an older man who'd bounced from job to job until landing here. Guilty. She acted instantly. He brought his weapon around and she sliced it in half with her claws and then drove her knee up into his gut, forcing him to double over in pain before he could activate his com system. She grabbed him by the back of the head and brought her other hand up, claws extended. No one that participated as part of the armed forces in Korea is innocent. She said nothing and drove her claws into his back and pulled them back about halfway down his back while sliding her other hand over his mouth to muffle his screams. With his spine dangerously exposed and fatal quantities of blood escaping his body she turned him around and slashed her claw across his throat, carefully avoiding a fatal strike and instead leaving him on the ground twitching and gurgling. Xae stared down at him, his judge and executioner. I was there, I saw what you people did. You can never be forgiven. Most people saw Korea as shades of grey, to Xae it was all black and white, plain as day. She'd never come across a veteran of Korea and allowed them to survive but many in the regular world with less stark views were eager to hire such experienced men and women.

Xae retracted her claws and resumed her original mission. She used her stolen keycard to access the door and slipped inside. A number of scientists were fast at work and Xae cursed mentally. Their shift was supposed to be over. Damn it. Someone spotted her instantly and hit the alarm. Of course. She drove her claws into the wall and tore the wiring out, shutting off power to the room and more importantly, the lights. Xae moved in darkness just fine naturally but with her eye implants and the advanced sensors of her armor, she was even better. She darted across the room as the chatter of guards and the security system buzzed through the ear piece she had stolen on the roof. Xae's sensors alerted her to the presence of the room below that she intended to infiltrate and she was forced to use the cutting laser on her belt to cut a hole through the floor. She removed the piece of floor carefully and slid through the opening and into the room below. Clinging to the ceiling of the room below like a spider she made her way to the vault door, pleased that at least this room was as empty as it was supposed to be.

Security here will activate on the ceiling if I stay much longer, the floor is armed with an advanced optical and pressure sensor grid and the door is protected by a highly complex lock.She smiled and wrapped her legs around an accidental design flaw, a light hanging from the ceiling not far from the door. It was easy for people to not view it as a design flaw since nine out of ten possible thieves were not able to hang from it. Even Xae was cautious, her weight was not insignificant and she doubted it would hold forever. She hung upside down and removed her lockpick tools from her belt. The tools were simple and old, the exact sort of thing highly advanced, highly electronic locks basically ignored. Licking her lips she carefully removed an access panel hidden in the door that was necessary if something should break on the internal mechanisms. She reached inside with her lockpick tools and carefully went to work rewiring the lock, using the tools to gently tug wires to where her fingers could access them.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile she was counting down to when security would infiltrate the room. It was only a matter of time after the alarm went off. work on an escape plan and rewire a lock at the same time...no big deal.

Meanwhile...security forces were spreading out and would be on her rather shortly.

(hope this is all ok, leaving it open so you can jump in)

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: (Actually that was wonderful! And well written. You even gave me a little extra to play with in the future.)

The door opened with two Militum brutes and an old man holding a cand in one hand and a pistol in the other.

"Xae," He said sternly as he saw her, "You killed one of my men. We're going to take you in until I see a reason to let you go." His eyes were like chasms of intelligence and judgment trying to drill into her soul.

He hated being caught off guard, it was fortunate he kept two brutes in most rooms. He couldn't have gotten them through by the other way like himself.

The brutes both raised their arms equiped with rockets, flamethrowers, and the like. Their armor was certainly something more to avoid with the new artificial Nth metal on them.

"Get down," He ordered keeping a good distance and a stead hand. The brutes kept their distance too. They were trained not to attack some random person who managed to sneak into the Winters tower. That wasn't an easy feat, physically or mentally. And it was clear this Xae might be well advanced on both.

(I fear mine is not equal to yours. You've dwarfed my post.)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

(I like your post too =) )

"You'll find your other two men are fine." She said, continuing to work on the lock. "Artificial Nth Metal, nice, a lot of people have tried and failed to make that in the last twenty four years." She said, never taking her eyes off the lock. "I'm sorry about your guard but he was in Korea, no one who served in the military in Korea gets to walk away scott free if I see them." As ever her voice came across in a strange, alien accent. "We both know of course your brutes won't fire their rockets at this range and so close to this door, even though the door would absorb the damage of a near miss, inner office walls would be another problem. That narrows us down to the bullets, which I'm afraid won't penetrate my armor and the flame thrower...which might be a problem." She admitted to the last.

"Excuse me though. I just need to...there we go." There was a clicking sound followed by the hiss of released air as the door obeyed her commands and unsealed itself and slid into the wall to reveal the room beyond. "Ahh...mutanite.' She dropped from the ceiling and flipped around in the short distance to the floor to land in a perfect crouch facing the two brutes and Mr. Winters. "You and I aren't on opposing sides Mr. Winters, we just can't agree on a price for this stuff behind me. You're smart enough not to sell it on the black market and I...well...I need it for a project." She licked her lips playfully and rose to her feet. "You know my name, so you know I mostly operate in Gothic, you also know what I've done in Gothic." There were plenty of stories to be found online of businessmen left hanging from their own buildings with their guts cut open. "I'm not after you, you're innocent as far as I can tell. I just want the mutanite. So what do you say you let me get the mutanite, I let your Brutes here go and we call it a day?" She asked with a grin, cocking her head slightly. She shifted her weight ever so slightly to the left foot.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

"You were quite wrong about that man, he was a spy. My spy." Mr. Winters said eyeing her, "But I don't need this gun to beat you, and I don't want any more of my soldiers hurt. You may say we're not on opposite sides, but in all truth and honesty...we are. I don't like chaos, nor killing without knowing the truth. You broke in, and are trying to steal. Perhaps under different circumstances I could deal with that, but you killed one of my men. A good man."

He put the gun in his coat mind racing, "I'll make a deal with you. If you never kill like that again, you can go without a fight and with the mutanite. And if you do, I will hunt you down. I will find you, and I will execute you. Whether I'm actually alive for it or not."

Scenarios buzzed through his mind, fight scenarios, arguments, possible dameges, likelihood of death for all parties, even possible items she might already possess. In fact, he'd already started planning how to catch her.

"Remember this Xae, I'm not a normal businessman." He grinned and mouthed the words, "I didn't exist to the world until I wanted to exist."

"So it's your call."

His muscles began flexing and the brutes waited for a sing of attack to let out the flamethrowers. In total truth they were worried she might win, and quite possible kill them. Even though they took trust in their suits.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

"I played by those rules once." Xae said. "That part of me died a long time ago..." Why are there always moral crusaders? "You need to spend some time in Gothic if you think what I'm doing is causing more harm than good. As for your spy, he was still there." I saw them burn cities to the ground, if he was there as a spy he should have done something to stop it, he didn't. The truth of course was that the world was probably a little more grey than the emotionally damaged Xae would admit to. "I'm not going to spare the murderers, rapists and serial madmen that run Gothic City and I certainly won't do it for someone who doesn't understand the situation, who spends his days living in the shiny happy confines of New York City."

Oh yes I noticed that about you too, don't worry Mr. Winters. She mused about his claim. "We both have a curious past, we both want what is best for the world, you just haven't realized the same things I have yet. As for fear, I lost the things I was afraid for years ago. A threat on my life doesn't scare me, my life is threatened every day. Let's just agree to disagree." She said and back flipped into the room behind her, quickly ducking behind the wall and hitting the button to close the vault door, hoping it would close before he could do anything his Brutes would regret. She prepared for combat, if combat was to come of this or if the door should fail to close in time.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr_Winters

@gale_xanders:

"Fool!" He hissed throwing something which blocked the doors from closing.

"I hate to say, actually I don't, it but you're all violence and action and not actually solving anything." The Businessman said racing and slipping through as the brutes tried to catch up and pry open the doors. He brought his cane up from the left trying to strike her across the face and follow it with a jab at the throat.

In truth he admitted the possibility of failure, Xae was probably much more advanced physically. His true advantage lay in his mind and tech. He hoped those would be enough.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

It had been a long time since someone had tried to hit Xae with a cane. She reacted quickly though and back handed the first attack away from her face only for a follow up to try and jab her in the throat. Fast for an old man. Interesting. She caught the jab in her hand less than an inch from her throat. "I'm not trying to hurt you, don't force my hand!" Xae told him while quickly backing away lest he follow up with another attack of his own. She took her neural whip from around her waist and activated it but her target was neither the Brutes forcing the door nor the cane wielding businessman, but rather some of the mutanite she had come for. The controlled whip coiled its tip around the nearest chunk and jerked it back to her.

Xae deactivated her whip and slung it over her shoulder while grabbing the mutanite with her right hand, leaving her with one hand to try and fend off her current attacker. Even while her eyes where on him her sensors allowed her to track the progress of The Brutes as they forced the door open. If they kept attacking in a confined space they would force her hand, either to use her emergency escape plan or to attack. Xae didn't have non-lethal weapons, she used to one, once upon a time, but these days everything she used killed or left its victim wishing they were dead.

Hoping for a little intimidation Xae extended the claws on her free hand and charged them with electrical current. The ancient predator's instincts pushed her to the far corner of the room where it would look to the untrained eye as if she were trapped. This guy isn't stupid, he won't make that assumption and might hesitate...hopefully he hesitates. She sent a neural impulse to her teleportation device. The built in device powered up but did not activate, instead it began the long process of calculating a vortex jump that would take her out of the building around its layers of anti-teleportation security. The reason she chose to turn it on now was in case it was necessary, she needed those calculations made ahead of time.

Xae lowered down into a defensive posture and planted her back foot against the corner of the room where the reinforced wall would act as a perfect launching platform. She considered the plasma pistol at her waist but firing it in here would certainly kill the brutes and Mr Winters, neither of which she wanted to do. Maybe I should just kill them and be done with it...

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

His mind was speeding now as adrenaline pumped through his body.

"I could hardly do that, Xae. You can come without a fight." He said continuing to walk towards her. He hated it when people tried to use emotional tricks on him, and yet it was amusing too. She had both tried to intimidate him and appear trapped, which is generally a dangerous combination. Although he nearly fell for it, it was instinctual.

"Although I doubt you'd be willing, soo..." He continued rolling something across the floor that began spraying a gas, "A concoction of my own. It won't harm any of us, just knock you unconcious. Fortunately I made myself immune."

He knew physically he was no match for her, the best plan was a simple attack that didn't rely on physical abilities. Although he could beat up most people, Xae was an entirely different deal. It was possible to perhaps tie or with extreme effort MAYBE win, but it was far too risky.

The brutes got in flamethrowers up but not firing, she hadn't given them a reason to as of yet.

"It won't take but a breath and then you don't have to fight. I don't need to hurt you, or kill you. Just correct you, I can deactivate it if you promise you won't just kill people that way again." He offered the deal again.

Defensive strategies started working in his mind, a physical attack would be a bit difficult with her superior armor and physicals so science was going to be his only advantage in this.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@mr_winters:

Clever boy. Few had thought to use any sort of knock out gas on her in the past and Xae was surprised to see it used here. The moment the gas was released her armor responded by sealing itself off with a breather that closed over her nose and mouth. Unfortunately it was a half a second too late and she had in fact taken in some of the gas, though considerably less than a full breath. She felt its effects almost immediately, impressed with its potency considering her advanced and rather durable anatomy. Lethargy threatened to overtake her nervous system and she narrowed her eyes, willing her way through some of the initial effect.

Well he just took fighting out of the equation. I can deal with him but in this state but probably not both him and the Brutes. Time to get the hell out of here. Xae glanced up, her sensors mapping out the floor above them and the material between them. I thought so, too much material to get through, pretty good vault design when you expect someone to come through the ceiling. "You're a very paranoid man Mr. Winters, I think in the future we can be useful to one another...but I'm afraid today is not your day." Or mine, at least I got a sample. She tightened her grip on the mutanite. "I'll find you again another time, when we can do business together."

Xae was stalling for the calculations to complete and finally received the green light. The fact she was not at full strength was visible, her posture had slackened slightly and the muscles in her legs visibly ready to flex were twitching as her unusual anatomy worked to pump blood through the open circulatory system that comprised her extremities. The knock out gas caused blood flow to slow in those areas, weakening her and reducing her reaction time moderately. She smiled a little and saluted him. "Until we meet again."

Xae's device activated and a portal formed behind her. She stepped through and left his building with less than half of what she'd intended to come for.

Portals were funny things, especially when half scrambled by a teleportation defense system. Rather than appear in Gothic as originally planned the portal spit her out into the middle of the street and her already hazardous day got a lot worse. She rolled out of the way of an oncoming semi only to be hit by a fast moving car that launched her over its roof. She slammed into the ground on the other side of it and groaned. Oh hell. This gas is really screwing with my reaction time and I'm pretty sure the only reason I have a leg fracture instead of a complete break is my armor.

Xae forced herself to her feet and limped out of the street, looking back at Winters Tower. Interesting male...I need to speak with him sometime when he's not chucking surprisingly effective knock out gas at me. Xae glance down at her stolen sample. It's better than nothing, but it could take me months to come up with my own version. That jerk kept me from getting the rest. Her suit informed Xae the medical nanites it had released were working to halt the progress of the gas and repair the damage to her leg. She spread her wings and took off into the sky, hoping to find a place to rest and recover somewhere deeper into the city.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

He gritted his teeth and released the deactivator and picked up the orb, "See what can be done about my men," He said to the speakers all around the closed building floors, "And get this area patched up, I need to study Xae."

Later:

Mr Winters sat at a hologram of Xae from his interaction with her on reply studying her, "She's certainly violent when she wants to be. And a set of black and white morality, live or die." His hands rubbed through his hair as he pulled up more information about her years ago, "I remember Xae, from STRIKE. I presume this is the same, which means she's Gale Xanders. If that is true." He continued looking over previous files, "Did she even ever mention what she was? Most peculiar. I can safely say not human, definitly not mutant, and not magic either. So the possibilities are alien, a strange descent possibly ancient and legendary, an enhanced, alternate dimension even."

'Quite an interesting case I must say.'

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

That was fun. I'll be by here again with less thievery :)

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@mr_winters:

Two Weeks Later.

No Caption Provided

Xae was perched once more on the roof of a building look down across the street at Winters Tower. Hm...time to go in their all legal like. She swooped down to a dark alley and folded her wings on her back, shifting them out of sight. She snapped her fingers, her armor swiftly retreated and revealed her normal clothing and older appearance. She smiled a little and walked out to the street and then to the front door. Once there she walked inside and found the secretary in the waiting room. "Excuse me, would you tell Mr. Winters that Gale Xanders would like to speak with him if he has a moment?"

Xae waited after that, filling one of those little paper cups with some water at the water cooler and taking a drink from it. It's nice to have my identities separate again. We'll see how much this guy learned after our previous encounter. She had been running tests on the stolen mutanite and making some progress but had come here for an entirely different purpose. Different identities, different goals.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

She didn't have to wait long. A gaurd came to escort her there, as usual for a meeting with Mr Winters. What wasn't usual was that she had gotten one so quickly without a meeting arranged. Generally it was pre orginized.

It didn't Octavian sat at a desk working on something, it hadn't been on the middle floor like usual but instead on the second.

He looked up as they came in. He didn't seem to show anger, or anything at all. Just stared for a moment analyzing them.

"Hello, Ms. Xanders." He said simply standing up and walking with his cane to greet her, "How may I help you."

In fact it was an act, more correctly a test. If she followed the hints, wrong floor and being quickly allowed in, than she passed the first one proving she knew he was doing something. The floor had another purpose too. By restricting her to the first two floors she had a less likely chance of killing anyone.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@mr_winters:

Interesting.

"You usually don't take meetings on this floor and even my name doesn't usually get me into high up meetings that fast unless it's at my own company." Gale said with a smile. "Something wrong?" She asked. Hm...I wonder how good his sources are. She crossed her arms under her breasts in her trade mark pose and looked around curiously. "I have a business proposition I'd like to make but if you're in the middle of something here I can always come back or we can even communicate long distance if you'd prefer."

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

"Possibly, I'm still looking into it." He answered to her question without revealing he knew it was her.

"I'd like to hear this proposition of yours," He said leaning back against his desk. His men suddenly exited quickly and orginized closing the doors, "Xae." He finished.

He held a certain dark look in his eyes. As though he was planning how to kill her right then. But it wasn't an angry look of hatred. Just the look of a methodical mind in which gears were turning and switching around. He was in fact planning how to kill her, but he was also planning how to set off nuclear warheads, make a deal, and talk to normal people on an emotional level which he often despised doing. Actually, he had plans to kill people who he would probably never even try to kill in the first place.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

Xae smirked. "I have to hand it to you, finding that information is extremely difficult, I should know, I made it that way." She cocked her head slightly, analyzing him for a moment as well though she made no plans to kill him. As far as she could tell he was a reasonable man. Misguided with some of the people he hires perhaps, but he seems like a good enough person...if such things still exist these days."It goes a little something like this. I want Jurassic World Holdings and your corporation to go into a mutual venture together to establish recon and gather data on the shattered remains of Denver. I believe something is stirring in there and I'd much rather it not get out. We will build a series of listening posts and also establish a fund for the survivors that managed to escape the city and live in New Denver. I want to repay those families for everything they've lost and do what I can to help them establish themselves better. It was twenty four years ago and no one, absolutely no one, has lifted a finger to help those people."

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

He nodded thinking over the proposition, "Yes, that is good. I'd be quite happy to take part in that."

Then he stood up a little more straight, "But I still have a problem with you killing every person because they were on a specific side, or so it appeared. You don't have enough knowledge of them to be sure they were in fact a part of it. There are plenty of technopaths, and plenty of hackers, who can manipulate digital information to make it appear a certain way. Hence why I don't like using cameras often. They are way to easy to crack unless made from certain materials with certain hard drives."

He grabbed a paper file behind him to hand it to her, "That is a file on the man you killed. He only appeared to do the things because I made it that way, a very good actor with props. I had needed information on something. He got it, then destroyed the something like I told him to. Unfortunately we didn't get to him in time, you killed someone by trusting evidence that is easy to manipulate. I don't like that."

'She has good intentions, yes. But she also trusts so much in that technology. The cyber world today is a hackers dream. You could set up countries against each other if you had the want and skills to. And fake videos are just to easy now too.

Perhaps it was an event that caused her to unmercifully kill those she saw fit to die. It would make the most sense. Of course with so much violence people generally end up a bit warped.

Now I wonder what she did with my mutanite?'

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winters:

Xae glanced at the file only briefly, she didn't open it. "I don't like it when people set someone up to look like a war criminal and are surprised when someone acts on the information. You have to be very careful when you choose to do something like that. I was in Korea, I saw everything, you don't get to make the determination to put that sort of mask on someone and expect people not to respond to it and then blame it on a trust in technology. Welcome to the twenty first century, technology is everywhere and it does very important things. Be as paranoid as you want but it's not going away."

Xae shook her head. "Incidentally, it's not because they were on a specific side, it's because they were on either side, it doesn't matter which side, I fought against both and I'll keep fighting against both until none of them are left or their lives are ruined and they are thrown in jail." As she spoke her anger became increasingly visible and her left hand tightened into a fist because she was trying to stop the tremors in it. "Those people were monsters, they killed hatchlings for no reason, they scanned through nuclear wreckage to shoot surviving civilians in the head and you...you bathed one of your men in that! You can't blame me for seeing a Tyrant and..."

Xae trailed off, took a breath and tried to focus again. I just called him a Tyrant. They weren't tyrants...evil maybe but not Tyrants.Ever since Korea I can't stop seeing them...

She bit her lip for a moment and shook her head as she calmed her emotions and relaxed her left hand. "It's not your fault, I don't know why I'm blaming you."

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

'Hatchlings? Rights, now it is an absolute certainty she is not human.' He thought.

"I do see your point. But I expected anyone who could get into Winters Tower and still know about it would have known about how easy that is to fake. I could set up the whole block this evening to look like they took part in it, and I'm not even a technopath." Octavian said. Even when someone apologized for something he had the tendency to correct them on something anyway, nevertheless he had some reason to not do it to much.

"I know why you blamed me, something like that is not easy to forget. I suppose that's something most somewhat civilized species all get." His left eye lid twitched.

In an attempt to get her off the subject of pain such as that, and to learn what she was, he changed subjects, "I have a question for you. I know you're not mutant, you can't be using magic, and you used the worf hatchlings. So I'm interested to know, what exactly are you?" It was an odd question. But the world was odd.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@mr_winters:

Xae shook her head. "Old enough to not answer that question." She said to his question about what she was. She'd never answered that question and she didn't intend to start doing it now. "I'll give you the answer I have always given to that question, I am alone." She said simply. "You can think about that all you want but that's as far as I'll answer your question."

It wasn't that she wanted to be rude when people asked, it's that she knew what people would try to do with the information. Better off staying that way I think. She thought. Xae considered him for a few moments in silence. "Why does it matter to you?"

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

"That wasn't unexpected," He said shrugged off the reply.

He thought about her question, "For almost everything I do there is two reasons, Science, or morality. Science was always one of my favorite things, it's more deep and broad than people realize. That's what this is, science. I can only assume that means you're either alien or ancient, or perhaps some experiment of some sort. And since you said you're alone, I guess it's probably ancient or experiment, or both."

He grinned, "I don't suppose you'll tell me if I'm getting close will you?"

'It has to be one of those two. She said hatchlings so I'm going with ancient, but I could be wrong. I'll keep mu options open. I wish I could get a sample of her blood. But she wouldn't give it to me, and I'm not going to take it. Sometimes having morals can be annoying.'

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@mr_winters:

"Giving you hints would take all the fun out of it." Xae said with a smile. "At any rate, I'm pleased we could come to an agreement. Once I'm done with the sample I took from you I'll return it, I won't need it soon enough." She added. She watched him for a moment and considered the room around them as well. He's trying to learn as much as he can about me, nothing new there. Let him think about it for awhile. "Perhaps next time we meet it can be without all this pretense and caution." She said with a gesture to the room. "If I came for something more sinister I'd be wearing my armor I assure you."

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

He grinned mischeviously, "And if I expected you to take something you'd already be unconscious at the lobby," He added quite seriously despite the smile.

"No. I knew you weren't here for violence or crime. But I didn't want you deciding to kill anyone else, just in case." He explained losing the false grin, "I am aware your intentions are not solely hostile. Nevertheless I won't cease to study every move you make and the motives behind them, don't take any offense though. I do that to everyone I meet on a regular basis, and more."

'Perhaps one day I can discover her origens, that would be quite interesting.'