CV22 - Weird Encounter Institute of Research and Development (WEIRD)

Hemingway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The Weird Encounter Institute of Research and Development (W.E.I.R.D) is a private scientific think tank organization created to understand and develop non-terrestrial/ metahuman solutions for the sake of public understanding. In critical moments, they can be consulted under the authority of Health and Human Services or Homeland Security.

The Facility

No Caption Provided

The headquarters of the Weird Encounter Institute of Research and Development is located within the 67 acres of Batterson State Park in Farmington, Connecticut. The facility itself looks like a standard four floor building with research laboratories dedicated to the public understanding of the meta-genome.

Underground, there are three subfloors which the true purpose of the Institute was built. Access is strictly granted by the Director and another person the Director assigns with clearance. Without either, the facility security does not allow access. In the event of an uncontrolled incursion event, the facility is equipped to implode and seal such an event, much like New Mexico.

STAFF

Dr Charles Hemingway
Dr Charles Hemingway

The WEIRD facility operates with a total maximum staff of around 200 individuals, each operating on 12 hour shifts. Of the entire staff, each of them are divided into three different wings of the institute dedicated to their assigned duties as set by the Director, Doctor Charles Hemingway. When not of need, each staff is paid a retainer for services and permitted to operate as they see fit but respond when deemed necessary.

As the director of the Institute, Hemingway operates in full knowledge of the facility. He runs operations. He runs engineering. He runs security. He is human resources. Hemingway's presence seems to be a constant,

Outside of the director, each wing of the building has one person assigned as Section Chief. They answer to the director yet have full support of the facility and its resources.

There is no formal security force on grounds as any need would be contracted out per the facility

History

No Caption Provided

Due to the incident of the Atomic Bomb Project in New Mexico after World War 2, it was deemed that more research needed to be done to investigate and explore incursions such as the one that occurred in New Mexico with the now titled Plane of Echoes. Not wanting to cause additional paranoia related to such events, the United States government deemed it necessary for a transparent approach related to the matter. After a tedious search through scientific and academic minds, the Institute was awarded for public research into the matter.

Through multiple intermediaries, the Institute was awarded state owned land in Farmington, Connecticut where the Institute would quickly establish its headquarters and begin research into the matter. Doctor Charles Hemingway is the current and fourth director of the institute.

Purpose

No Caption Provided

Though the Institute is assigned for non-terrestrial and metahuman understanding for the public, its research is dedicated strictly for the defense against non-terrestrial invasion. Designed to be a facility that uses means of metahuman abilities and solutions from individuals blessed with powers as the Institute helps with the understanding of their powers.

Restricted Area 1,2,3

No Caption Provided

A locked down bunker near a mile deep under the facility itself, advanced projects are done here to shield public interest from the true threat of any Incursion.

OOC:

• please do not destroy the Institute
  • please sell the sub-level security
  • Hemingway is played by me. If you want to be staff just PM or ask
  • This is my first location, so please forgive if not up to par of others.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done dude. Been here since the beginning, scene alot of fist time locale creators and they're content didnt look or read this well. Awesome thread

Deathwarrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I love this place!

I don't know how I'd use it, but I want to!

Cevna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cevna

@hemingway:

No Caption Provided

He reached from within the Planes, his target so eager to leap at the first opportunity to reach past his own reality. It always meant for an entertaining discussion, Charles was always such a fun test subject. He touched the surface of the world that Cevna knew as his own, bending reality to his own whims. It surely made Hemmingway salivate with envy....and human envy is so delicious Cevna would think to himself in the long days and months between accidental break. They happened more and more frequently as the years went. Cevna able to peer into there reality, slicing a tiny wound into the fabric of his own reality. Only able to speak through the wounds, but as time goes by the humans make it easier as they...cannot help themselves but to destroy.

Hemmingway own curiosity had began to weaken the veil and Cevna took advantage, his voice echoing inside his skull. Speaking directly to Hemmingway as he sat tirelessly working on a project, a project that Cevna could not peer...this peaked his interest and he spoke, his voice only heard by Charles Hemmingway "Oh Charlie boy....what have you done....haha...I cant see further than a few inches from your gaze....what are you hiding on that piece of paper...oh please do tell...you know you are my only link to your world....you tease. Its been months since you poked the membrane, I know you have found a link dear boy....LET...I mean please let me see." Cevna trying to control his frustration he waited for the good Doctors excuse....perhaps if it was vexing enough he would not squeeze him...too hard.