#301 Posted by Rosso (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember prep being a big thing in Prime. During the LoS/JLI conflict we were constantly probing each other's bases for information. You'd go to their base and attack them, fight a little bit and fall back so you had some IC information about what their powers were. People would hold back some of their powers and deliberately use less than their full strength to conceal information from the other team. (ICly of course; OOCly we all read each others bios and knew.) It was cool.

I never really stopped doing this. And if someone told me I got a bit excessive with it, I wouldn't argue. Some things almost never got used because I never fully disengaged that part of my mind.

#302 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: That kind of stuff is really cool. I'm trying to bring it back. Metagaming needs to go, for one, but also the game of information is a lot of fun. Richard trying to identify the material Musa's spear is made from creates a lot more roleplaying opportunities than somehow knowing what it is right off the bat or identifying it in a single post.

#303 Posted by Rosso (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Can't bring sexy back if it never left. ~_^

I like that too. Especially making it such an involved process, the investigations. I do well on the "cards close to my chest" thing, but I would like to get better at the other aspect. Namely, I've always been good about not metagaming, but I've been too passive in the past and missed opportunities, and I'd like to work at pushing that more...but also at doing it in a way that isn't just "hey, can you tell me what it's okay for me to learn and what you'd rather I not learn and I'll just work that into a post and it's go-time?"

#304 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle said:

@feral_nova: Wait, WHAT?!?!?!

You were Hi_Voltage the whole time?! I don’t believe this.

^_^; at least you have closure about this now... right? LOL

i didn’t even tell sha till like... just a year or two ago LOL

@crimson_eagle said:

@feral_nova: Wait, WHAT?!?!?!

You were Hi_Voltage the whole time?! I don’t believe this.

she was lol.

Then again I had no clue in the beginning.

And yet I find out like 4 YEARS LATER lol.

You wore that mask well Nova lol. So that means you had two characters on Trinity :O

I still need time to digest this lol.

#305 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss all of Impero's martial arts battles with everyone in that era. From Gambler to Mercenary to Ethan. Bloodbending was fresh and new, nobody knew what Impero's goals were and he was playing the different factions like fiddles all to his own ends. That was fun.

#306 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

That LoS/JLI arc was freaking amazing. I remember having a multiple man alt that I used for one of the big showdowns, had an incredibly fun fight with Edward Windsor.

#307 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: Right? That whole storyline was amazingly good fun.

#308 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: I'm actually gonna go read through some of the highlights, now that you mentioned it.

#309 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: I might give it another read myself later this week. Maybe even hunt down that team PM too. You know a team is awesome when even the PM was a classic lol.

#310 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Oh god I totally forgot about the PM! I really miss those massive team PMs that would just get super off-topic with nothing but gifs for pages.

#311 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: Right? Activity was insane in those days. If you were gone for one day you were totally lost lol. Someone would have already murdered someone else's secret lovechild and turned evil and half the team would have tracked them down and fought them and someone else would have died or betrayed their team with a bunch of secret files or something. It was wild.

#312 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Exactly! I remember developing knee-jerk reflexes for navigating the forum, posting, dropping a funny gif here and there, replying to a few PMs. All within a minute from how busy it was lol

#313 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: You had to have ninja-like reflexes back then to keep up with how quick things moved. Three or four PMs flying along, a team to keep track of and then your enemies team too lol.

#314 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Now though? I'm havin' a hard time working on my bio and checking my notifications, the rust is real.

#315 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: Back then we were feeding off the energy of the place, made it a lot easier. For me, anyway.

Actually I was slow back then compared to everyone else but these days I'm relatively quick.

#316 Posted by Pronoia (1443 posts) - - Show Bio
#317 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: Right? Activity was insane in those days. If you were gone for one day you were totally lost lol. Someone would have already murdered someone else's secret lovechild and turned evil and half the team would have tracked them down and fought them and someone else would have died or betrayed their team with a bunch of secret files or something. It was wild.

#318 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade said:

HAH! That was every day back then.

#319 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@pronoia said:

@_creed_: @hawkshade: Pssh you two are still Wally West compared to me

You know I think I'm one of the fastest writers today. I'm way, way faster than I was in any other era on the vine.

#320 Posted by Pronoia (1443 posts) - - Show Bio
#321 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@pronoia: You don't have to be fast. Post at your own speed.

#322 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Well I'm glad you've sharpened that speed duder! Some people only get better at the best over time ^_^.

#323 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember stressing if I was going to be out for a few hours during high activity.

#324 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Right? Felt like missing out on the wildest party you couldn't show up to.

#325 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@_creed_: I have a very vivid memory of frantically checking the (at the time awful, and only available for premium members) mobile site as I was going to see First Class in the theater because G was bringing back the HFC and I wanted a high-ranking position and knew things were going to move FAST.

#326 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike and Amora fighting in the LoS thread. And I don't mean OOCly lol I mean their actual IC fight. Mike had the freezing eye beams and gas and Amora had the physical stats and either magic or psychic powers, I'm not sure which one. That was one of the first CV-style fights I saw here on CV and it was greatly entertaining to me because of this.

#327 Posted by Shanana (60424 posts) - - Show Bio

The Pokemon, DBZ, WWE, Power Rangers gimmick threads would pop up, be hot for like a week. Then disapper lol

#328 Posted by Grimmwald (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana said:

The Pokemon, DBZ, WWE, Power Rangers gimmick threads would pop up, be hot for like a week. Then disapper lol

I actually remember your Super Saiyan account, LMAO.

#329 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio
@shanana said:

But you forgot the most powerful Saiyan in all of ComicVine

@super_saiyan_sha_nova!!! xD

#330 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: I agree, every time I think of CV nostalgia I think of teams. The heroes, the anti-heroes, and the villain teams. The best parts were the crossover battles.

Agreed

#331 Posted by Pronoia (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to join a team now, last team I was in was in the prime days

>·>

#332 Posted by _Creed_ (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

Our boy @_longshot_ Drawing the usuals in a diner at the time, way back then.

No Caption Provided

#333 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

aw Longshot, hope he's doing good

#334 Posted by Grimmwald (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald said:
@shanana said:

But you forgot the most powerful Saiyan in all of ComicVine

@super_saiyan_sha_nova!!! xD

Reading some of the posts from that account was fun hahaha.

#335 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when Only The Strong Survive tourney came out. I got my butt kicked by Nighthunter the first round but AR represented WAL and made it all the way to the finals. Still sad the final round didn’t make it past the first post but I think Nighthunter said he was moving at the time, so it never finished.

For not liking to write battles, she was so damn good at it.

#336 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey it wasn´t my fault, I didn´t make it to the finals

#337 Edited by Tessa_Callahan (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad I never got to meet AR.

#338 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss random people jumping into your interactions. Now yes, this could sometimes be quite annoying, but for the most part it added another layer of spontaneity and unpredictability to every interaction. You never knew what was going to happen when you started to RP back then.

#339 Posted by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

^

#340 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Esther.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#341 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember my first RP with Tenjin, where I ripped his spine out and that led to a series of Revenge RPs.

Was cool.

#342 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio
#343 Posted by Shanana (60424 posts) - - Show Bio
#344 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

Ashley Knightfall wasn't my first Doctor character.

The OG doctor account was Dr. Hope of The USN Legend! Good times...

#345 Posted by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

When Drifter killed Sha's child. It just happened so suddenly and outta nowhere. It captured the whole rp

#346 Posted by Darkchild (42991 posts) - - Show Bio
#347 Posted by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild: It was a team v team rp. Babs and I on one side, Kurrent leading the other. He blow up a castle or something with the baby in it. He didnt know, Sha just sold it like a boss

#348 Posted by Feral Nova (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

When Drifter killed Sha's child. It just happened so suddenly and outta nowhere. It captured the whole rp

Dude I remember that! That was when Ronin was in charge of Zero Squad! Diego was his name. I remember when Sha sold that I was like "DID SHE JUST KILL HER OWN KID!?" I was so upset LOL

#349 Posted by Tenjin (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Me and this guy had some good ones for sure.

I really miss how damn graphic some posts could be and content generally...especially by myself lol I recall once having to put an "R" rating above some of my posts and I couldn't get away with this anymore lol

I recall one post when I killed an NPC by tearing off his lower jaw and then stabbing another NPC with it

#350 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

A really dark and graphic RP between Darkchild and if I recall correctly, Mistress Redhead. The RP was invite only via PM's. The darkest, most graphic RP I've seen played out here, but very well written and a really good, solid read.