#251 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: O_O

Mercy!

I've been floating around since yesterday lol. I got nostalgic and decided to pop in lol. Too much has changed here, I have no idea what's going on lol.

#252 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized I said "lol" 3 times -_-

I have to work on that.

#253 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Heyyy, an OG. You should come back and join us. Things are kicking off these days and from the looks of your character he would fit right in to the scene nowadays.

#254 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: >:)

Sometimes that's beautiful lol. You get to jump in headfirst.

When ws the last time you were around???

#255 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:LOL, first time I've been referred to as an OG. I'm really tempted, but I don't want to make any commitments yet. That and I have no idea how any of my characters could fit in. Last time I actually did an RPG with others was KoV (IX?). I don't even remember

@tessa_callahan: The temptation is real. Technically I was here last January, I created a character and wanted to jump back into the game with him, but I ended up getting sidetracked and nothing flourished. Another RPG regret. But I have a few ideas for like two characters. Who knows, maybe I'll just dip my toe in the RPG water for like one story.

#256 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#257 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: LOL. I've been convinced by Mercy and Chandler. I'll see what I can do within the next few days.

Ok, no lie. I am actually excited right now. xD

#258 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Looking forward to seeing you in action and don't stress about anything :-) The vibe is pretty casual these days.

#259 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Mercy and Chandler - the new dynamic duo!

I'm excited too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's nice to have some old blood back.

#260 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio
#261 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Oh, if you need anything feel free to toss me a PM and I'll see if I can help out.

#262 Edited by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes that goes for me as well!!!

#263 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Loved it. If you need an update on canon just let me know and I'll get you up to speed.

#265 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Of everything and everyone I'm nostalgic for I think it's teams I'm nostalgic for the most. They were awesome. They had the best threads, the best storylines, awesome behind the scenes stuff, the works.

#266 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Yup! They made for easy chemistry building, easy feud-building, easy story-building, easy worldbuilding. And not just easy but comprehensive, and cohesive. And it built out such great dynamics, so quickly.

#267 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: Long term goals but that's one of the things I want to bring back. One step at a time though. First shortpost culture has to come back and become the standard.

#268 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind taking part in a team if they got back in flow.

It's kinda weird that it became so hard for them to sustain, because they're one of those essential elements in comic books, and on CV that contributes to a comic booky feel.
No "submit a writing sample" though! -_____-

#269 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Hrm. It might be interesting to see Rosso leading a team. Villains for hire or something?

#270 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: I agree, every time I think of CV nostalgia I think of teams. The heroes, the anti-heroes, and the villain teams. The best parts were the crossover battles.

#271 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle: Yeah that stuff was awesome. My formative months on the vine were on one of those teams and I miss the old team stuff. Right now I have a small but successful hero team with four people and I hope a villain team springs up eventually.

#272 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

I wouldn't mind taking part in a team if they got back in flow.

It's kinda weird that it became so hard for them to sustain, because they're one of those essential elements in comic books, and on CV that contributes to a comic booky feel.

No "submit a writing sample" though! -_____-

But then how do you know if you're stuck working with a N00B!?

xP

Moderator Online
#273 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Oh my God it was the worst thing! Especially (and I say this a lot) because often you'd get asked to join a team, and then they'd stillask you for a sample! Like...Hello? You're the one asking me? No, that's okay, I really don't want it that badly.

I used to just tell people "Arturia isn't really a team type person." Which was true, but also a handy excuse.

@hawkshade:-______- I'm not strictly a villain!

Although, maybe I'll keep Noble around after all, when the job is done.

#274 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolf Pack waived their no alts rule for Whisper to join the team and several people were butthurt about it.

#275 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

@feral_nova: Oh my God it was the worst thing! Especially (and I say this a lot) because often you'd get asked to join a team, and then they'd stillask you for a sample! Like...Hello? You're the one asking me? No, that's okay, I really don't want it that badly.

I used to just tell people "Arturia isn't really a team type person." Which was true, but also a handy excuse.

I think the only time I ever asked for a sample writing was when I knew the person was new and they were asking for "training". I know Sha had a team strictly for newbies and I believe (she can correct me if I'm wrong) we had them give a sample of writing, but aside from that, I don't think I was a part of a team that REQUIRED sample writing. I don't think WAL ever did that... I think.... I can't remember tbh ten years is too many years to remember LOL

Actually I remember Andy wanting me to join ICE Dragons and I said sure but he wanted a sample of my writing, then I declined saying I didn't want to split Nova's attention from WAL LOL

Moderator Online
#276 Posted by Icarusflies (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

I got onto a major team through sheer bluster...no one knew I was a newbie, but they assumed I was one of the Big Names' alts. I don't remember what the team was, but it was fun.

#277 Posted by Shanana (60339 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: We did but all that did was show me where their level of understanding of our rpg system was

#278 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana said:

@feral_nova: We did but all that did was show me where their level of understanding of our rpg system was

Yeah! I remember that. It helped us better help them.

Moderator Online
#279 Posted by Hank_Galloway (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a new user named Hi_Voltage came and took the RP section by storm. She wrote amazing posts and everyone thought she was someone's alt lol. Sadly, she didn't stay long on CV.

#280 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime LL was a lot of fun. Playing the technically good powerhouse manipulated into fighting for the bad guys by Gambler was a blast, even though I was so new I didn't really know what I was doing.

#281 Posted by Rosso (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: For the longest time I wanted to do something with her spear, then by the time you said "go ahead" I had no idea what I wanted or who could use it.

#282 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a new user named Hi_Voltage came and took the RP section by storm. She wrote amazing posts and everyone thought she was someone's alt lol. Sadly, she didn't stay long on CV.

No Caption Provided

Mercy used her amazing mod powers and figured me out so fast LOL and I STILL denied it even when she PMed me about it LMAO ah, good times.

But I just wanted to have fun and see if I could get the same reaction to my posts if people didn't know it was me. I'm insecure and need people to consistently tell me my posts are decent :P

Moderator Online
#283 Posted by Crimson Eagle (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Wait, WHAT?!?!?!

You were Hi_Voltage the whole time?! I don’t believe this.

Avatar image for ziccarra_liafador
#284 Edited by Ziccarra_Liafador (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson_eagle said:

she was lol.

Then again I had no clue in the beginning.

#285 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

It took me a while to figure it out lol

#286 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

^_^; at least you have closure about this now... right? LOL

i didn’t even tell sha till like... just a year or two ago LOL

Moderator Online
#287 Posted by Grimmwald (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

Angeni was really cool. I remember she was the one who introduced me to Closure and we got that whole Olympus storyline going back in Prime. It was really fun.

#288 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m still bitter I never got to rp with Holly Cross, by the time I came around she was already fading out. She was really nice.

Moderator Online
#289 Edited by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember prep being a big thing in Prime. During the LoS/JLI conflict we were constantly probing each other's bases for information. You'd go to their base and attack them, fight a little bit and fall back so you had some IC information about what their powers were. People would hold back some of their powers and deliberately use less than their full strength to conceal information from the other team. (ICly of course; OOCly we all read each others bios and knew.) It was cool.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
#290 Edited by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: I remember one time Nova waltzed right into the LoS just to chat with some peeps because she was friends with them LOL Even thought we lacked "real" location threads in Prime, I loved how characters were still able to develop friendships with one another just by hanging out at the enemy base and going "What up everyone?" LOL

#291 Posted by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tassiana_pettis: Hahaha, yeah it was really free-form like that. People would hang out in the training rooms and chat and spar in the courtyard and sneak off to have private conversations about their evil plots and stuff. So much fun.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
#292 Posted by Tassiana_Pettis (787 posts) - - Show Bio

TEAM MUSIC VIDEOS

I miss those!

#293 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

Weatherwitch, she wasn't much of an RPer, more off-topic section but she stopped by from time to time. Apparently she was a trouble maker but I liked her lol

Moderator Online
#294 Posted by Icarusflies (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

Vis Vires! Probably the most fun I had on a team. Solenoid Spin and IM9, good times, good times!!

#295 Posted by Pronoia (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a hug 😩

#296 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

the 10 or so Vine Villain civil wars

#297 Edited by Hawkshade (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: That was before even my time. Kinda wish I could have seen it though.

#298 Posted by Feral Nova (58109 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: my first CW was when you became president lol I was still new and I remember thinking “HOW THE HELL DID THAT WORK?! HES EVIL!”

Moderator Online
#299 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: LOL I was President Trump before President Trump

#300 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

Fighting Angeni in the LoS vs JLI storyline.