CV Prime Nostalgia Thread

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else go back sometimes and read their old posts?

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

(Its nighthunder)

*Spits out drink* ARCUSS,

What're you doingg here

Hai

Ah, prime. I was still stalking comicvine during those times.

As in stalking i was like an 8 year who found a comic site.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

(Its nighthunder)

*Spits out drink* ARCUSS,

What're you doingg here

Hai

Ah, prime. I was still stalking comicvine during those times.

As in stalking i was like an 8 year who found a comic site.

Hahahaha, I used to RP, years ago, different account

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54 Feral Nova  Moderator

I remember when MSN was a huge thing for the RP section. Everyone would exchange MSN messengers and do character interactions that way or just do a massive group chat with everyone to exchange ideas or just get to know each other.

People would literally stay up all night on the vine. You would go to bed and six hours later would wake up to see the same people still online talking in the same thread.

How about when CV would tell you what people you followed were online? It was during Prime so this counts! :P

When Thee Champion was The Olympian

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain and Longshot's rivalry

Also, Cass and Angelique's rivalry.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when... Nah I won't go there lol

No Caption Provided

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People would literally stay up all night on the vine. You would go to bed and six hours later would wake up to see the same people still online talking in the same thread.

Yesss lol. This place used to be 24/7.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@_dirge_ said:

Also, Cass and Angelique's rivalry.

One of my favorite dynamics that I've ever written

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angelique is without a doubt in my top 5 favorite characters of all time.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

I'm laughing. Ohmygod. I'm sorry. haha!

Vine Prime days for better or worse were hella lit.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:
@valerie_huntington said:

No Caption Provided

I'm laughing. Ohmygod. I'm sorry. haha!

Vine Prime days for better or worse were hella lit.

;)

Usually for better, in my opinion.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valerie_huntington: :-*

Oh prime. I think it had a lot more variety too. Also, I remember having to keep tabs on rpgs cause one minute away meant like twenty some posts o.o

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: I think people felt a lot more free to create variety. RPG feels a little...stuffy nowadays, to put it nicely lol. But I agree, the level of activity was impossible to keep up with; in a good way.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Destroying Mars

The FULL Presidential campaign with Slight

YEEESSSSS

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How about Gambler creating the first hero team... New Age Outlawz

How about that time when Drifter blew up the Zero Squad HQ and killed Sha's son, Diego.

That time when Primav3ra was in a relationship with Drifter but then quickly broke it off and pretended like the whole ideal didn't happen.

Monthly awards!

Me winning funniest of the month for months in a row... until G'Bandit came along and stole my thunder! :P lol jk I actually love that guy, he's funny as hell. :( now I miss him...

Man of Forever, always being neutral no matter what was going on lol that guy was super chill

I also remember the incredible turmoil those awards caused...LOL Good times good times

Destroying Mars

The FULL Presidential campaign with Slight

YEEESSSSS

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Legacy_

@valerie_huntington: I think problems started to rise when some folks thought they could run this place like the Office, but I'm in no mood to get salty. I'm trying to get right with God.

We're in a state of inflation too (One person using three different characters which in turns delays certain interactions), but I've got some hope. The new kids are cool and coming up.

I remember when the HFC back then was a bit more cutthroat. Everything came off as having high stakes cause one way or another an interaction in one thread would butterfly affect another.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: No comment ;)

No Caption Provided

I also think in Prime people created events based on characters, now it seems people create characters based on events. New characters are created every couple months or so, and leave behind all the history of the old character which weakens canon. In Prime, people had alts, but for the most part they ran with their main character for years.

The HFC is more of a location and a background for Valerie's character than the team it used to be. Every team has its high point then dies, but rather than let it disappear completely like most teams, it's lived as a location thread for smaller interactions. But I got some stuff coming up to throw it in a few events.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valerie_huntington: No shade, no shade.

Honestly, I fell victim to that. I kept trying to reinvent my core characters to fit events and it only ruined them. They're so convoluted at this point I had to get out of here and leave them alone. This place was becoming work *looks at the computer like he's in the office* I came back with the hope of working with some of y'all would get the engine up and ready. I'm getting back into head space of creating concepts and hopefully it'll become content soon. Though my main issue is probably maintaining interest.

I noticed that. It's like a set piece for a show. I've likened your HFC to James Bond meets Gossip Girl. It can be scandalous but with this high intrigue when you've got company like Rafael and whatnot. You've always had this element that's influenced the vine in one form or another. I blame real looks for characters on you lol So, I look forward to whatever you come up :)

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how I felt at first when CV's lay out was changed during CV Prime

then I was

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By flucks

The enthusiasm I see right now as far as STAR and other new threads is bringing back the beginning of my time here. Glad to see people getting excited to pump out concept again and not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@arcus said:

Mobb Deep and Veritas

Best teams ever!!!

@shanana:

Controversial Chaos!!!! THAT'S WHAT THE RP WAS CALLED!!!

Sounds like a title I would use LOL

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Squad

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: CoP in general lol.

Along with WAL and TI

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Legacy_
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_:

>initiates secret nostalgic handshake dance thing<

lol. Pretty good thanks, just dropping by and seeing what's going on around the forums. Might come back and be seasonal :P

What about you? What shenanigans have you been up to? lol

Avatar image for detective_whitaker
Detective_Whitaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember spending days and night in Loner's Nightclub. It was active 24/7. Although it was mostly the group destroying it, getting drunk, and talking about nonsense. It was fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: No comment ;)

No Caption Provided

I also think in Prime people created events based on characters, now it seems people create characters based on events. New characters are created every couple months or so, and leave behind all the history of the old character which weakens canon. In Prime, people had alts, but for the most part they ran with their main character for years.

The HFC is more of a location and a background for Valerie's character than the team it used to be. Every team has its high point then dies, but rather than let it disappear completely like most teams, it's lived as a location thread for smaller interactions. But I got some stuff coming up to throw it in a few events.

An excellent point I (similarly) posed myself some time back.

Most of the longer used characters and concepts were created at the onset of the CVnU and when put on the back burner were replaced by a flood of alts created and abandoned depending on what is the new shiny thread of the day/week. I understand people get a spark of creativity and want to pose something new, but the constant reinvention kills the associated canon and interaction brewing in the background. So many unfinished or unexplored sub-plots that could keep the entire vine busy for months wasted IMO.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An excellent point I (similarly) posed myself some time back.

Most of the longer used characters and concepts were created at the onset of the CVnU and when put on the back burner were replaced by a flood of alts created and abandoned depending on what is the new shiny thread of the day/week. I understand people get a spark of creativity and want to pose something new, but the constant reinvention kills the associated canon and interaction brewing in the background. So many unfinished or unexplored sub-plots that could keep the entire vine busy for months wasted IMO.

I agree 100%.

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By flucks

@detective_whitaker said:

I remember spending days and night in Loner's Nightclub. It was active 24/7. Although it was mostly the group destroying it, getting drunk, and talking about nonsense. It was fun.

What else is a bar for haha. I miss it, some reason those kinds of threads don't hold up anymore.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Legacy_

@crimson_eagle: For starters I'm a lot nicer now lol I just recently came back myself after a break and I'm trying to get back into the head space for writing. This time, however, I'm trying albeit lazily to work on my technique.

@armistice: Agreed 100% I lost a lot of my will to write here after all my work to build up characters were shattered with the reboot. I've had a hard time recovering since. I haven't finished an interaction in almost a year and I've practically fallen into the flavor of the month type of shit. Another thing I've noticed is the dependency on Gambler, Pyro, or LL to come here and spark ideas, but that's another argument considering the times are slowly changing with some of the newer peeps knocking it out of the park with some really neat ideas and establishing a new environment.

(I'm old here....and I'm young lol)

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: A guy named Legacy is coming back in a thread about nostalgia.

No Caption Provided

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: You were always nice! (Well to me anyways lol). That's great to hear, although you were always one of my favorite writers. If you improve further then my brain would explode from the awesomeness.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: All night? I used to stay up for days on end. Man I was addicted :p

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:

@armistice: Agreed 100% I lost a lot of my will to write here after all my work to build up characters were shattered with the reboot. I've had a hard time recovering since. I haven't finished an interaction in almost a year and I've practically fallen into the flavor of the month type of shit. Another thing I've noticed is the dependency on Gambler, Pyro, or LL to come here and spark ideas, but that's another argument considering the times are slowly changing with some of the newer peeps knocking it out of the park with some really neat ideas and establishing a new environment.

(I'm old here....and I'm young lol)

You could fit my Prime canon on the front of a napkin, never went anywhere so nothing to miss. As for others with years of canon worked on being put into storage having a hard time starting over, I get it completely, but Prime devolved into a disaster, there was no saving that patient IMO.

As for losing the will or having a hard time to find the motivation to start or complete things....look who you are talking to (LOL). The Vine is a very strange animal in so many ways I'm never surprised when something gets dropped or someone disappears, it does itself no favors in that department.

The dependency for new content and events on a small number of people has been going on for at least as long as I've been around (3+ years). Pyro is the newest major concept pusher and he has been around for probably pushing 2 years, if that is the frequency for a new source to show up things are never going to be sustainable. Nothing could be better for the Vine than if some of the newer crowd get their feet wet as participants then position themselves as movers, have to wait and see on that.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_eagle: I remember you from back in my noob days.

I was Crimson Vigilante, I saw your username, and I was all like 'O_O stahp'

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks: are there even threads like that anymore? I mean Loner's was one of CV Prime's place where you could go to blow up, destroy, and just kill without any consequences.

Almost every thread in CVnU states in it OP no mass destruction.

Which I understand, but I don't think there are any threads like Loner's anymore ha.

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallenprophet: Nope. I liked that about Loners. It was like a take it or leave it nexus for canon events. You could get into a big brawl in it, lose all your limbs, then forget it happened or make your guy a quadriplegic. Start character relationships or leave them at the door. We need another like that.

I'm about to bump it for the nostalgia.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Mercy_

@flucks said:

@fallenprophet: Nope. I liked that about Loners. It was like a take it or leave it nexus for canon events. You could get into a big brawl in it, lose all your limbs, then forget it happened or make your guy a quadriplegic. Start character relationships or leave them at the door. We need another like that.

I'm about to bump it for the nostalgia.

This is the best description of Loners that I've ever seen.

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Were you Cyanide back in the day or was that MR?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Haha wow I found a dust-covered meet up between her and the alt that used to be Flucks' main. I don't even know wtf it was about but it brought back memories.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks: I loveeee finding stuff like that (if I'm not cringing at my writing)

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Nah yours was on point as usual. Mine was...

I'ma soften my own blow and say unique lol

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: Oh shnap! I remember when you started!

One Crimson left as another entered lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks: Well thank you haha

I never remember you being a bad writer, so I'm sure there can't be that much of a blow to soften

Mercys_Dad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

WHO SAID YOU COULD TALK TO A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEAN...YOUR...ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I was mediocre af at the small stuff. I never had any regrets on my long winded posts, but the small ones make me regret findin'em. lol