#54 Posted by Shanana (60424 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Angela_ (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrying Sha

Divorcing Sha

Murdering Sha

Sha Approved

#56 Posted by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok:

Officially putting this here. I, lowlaville, hereby extend my concept claim over to everything related to the Realm of the Beast and the concept of Sparks in the RPG forum.

Control of sub concepts surrounding this claim has been leased out to @kaija with her use of @seamstress and the dimension Betwixt, and Illirica with her extended use of the Nightcrawler clan and its bloodline ability through her account @interstitial. Both have been granted permission to use and administer changes with the level of control they have over respective sub-concepts. Of course, all changes has to go through me before application. :)

#57 Posted by Evander_Slade (312 posts) - - Show Bio

If I see a Newcastle name on an account I'm shivving somebody and leaving whats left for the mods.

#58 Posted by Contingency (8628 posts) - - Show Bio

For future reference

EXALT

Wolf Company

Advent

My property

#59 Posted by Nordok (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey all, if you really want to keep posting your concepts in this thread, that's fine, but it's really not necessary. If you were the first one to post with a concept (as in, create a thread for it, post with it in a RP, etc), you're assumed to have ownership of it. The thread is really more for allowing others to use or transferring ownership of your concepts.

This is largely to avoid future conflicts, particularly where the original owner of a concept might not be around to clear up a dispute.

Moderator Online
#60 Posted by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok said:

Hey all, if you really want to keep posting your concepts in this thread, that's fine, but it's really not necessary. If you were the first one to post with a concept (as in, create a thread for it, post with it in a RP, etc), you're assumed to have ownership of it. The thread is really more for allowing others to use or transferring ownership of your concepts.

This is largely to avoid future conflicts, particularly where the original owner of a concept might not be around to clear up a dispute.

I know what you mean, and it's exactly because of that, that this thread has to be used to pronounce concept claims (where the user feels necessary anyway as you said), as well as giving permission for others to use said concepts in accord.

#61 Posted by Evander_Slade (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok said:

I know what you mean, and it's exactly because of that, that this thread has to be used to pronounce concept claims (where the user feels necessary anyway as you said), as well as giving permission for others to use said concepts in accord.

Nah I think for the most part we're almost all joking lol. We should just treat it like a call'em as I see'em type thing in terms of what we know is our property.

#62 Posted by Nordok (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

@evander_slade: @lowlaville: If it makes someone feel more comfortable to plant their flag here, they absolutely should. I just didn't want people to think it was a requirement, and they're going to lose control of something if they don't. If a dispute is brought to the mods' attention, we're absolutely going to treat it case-by-case, but we wanted to to be transparent and demonstrate that we're going to use a consistent process for doing so.

Moderator Online
#63 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Closed Rp

#64 Posted by FicOPedia (2123 posts) - - Show Bio
@nordok said:

You guys really need some kind of RPG-wiki thing. It's daunting even trying to look at the thread listings. lol

#65 Posted by Nordok (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

@ficopedia: There's been some attempts. Creating them is one thing; updating them to keep up with the myriad changes around here is quite another.

Moderator Online
#66 Edited by FicOPedia (2123 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok: (cbishop here) Yep, it's work to be sure. I created the FicOPedia account just to track the fan-fic forum. I only track the links though. There's no way in heck I could keep track of every concept, character, location, team, and special object that Fan-Fic generates. I have a hard enough time tracking that just for my own stories.

What you could do- and this is basically how I set up the FOP- is:

Make an alphabetical listing of the RPG users with their threads next to their name. This is time consuming, and once done, needs maintenance.

RPG'er:Links:

User A

• Alt 1
  • Alt 2
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
  • Link 3

User B

• Alt 3
  • Alt 4
  • Link 4
  • Link 5
  • Link 6

User C

• Alt 5
  • Alt 6
  • Link 7
  • Link 8
  • Link 9

Once you have the A-Z list though you can group related links together (CVnU would clearly need a page).

For RPG, I think you would just have to have a general notice like you made in this thread, and make it known that the first person to create the character/concept/thing/place/group also owns it. I say this because again, tracking the links is task enough. Tracking every detail is way more than anyone is going to want to do.

In the groupings, you can either group them by type (concept, character, location, etc.) or by date. If who owns what is the biggest concern, then by date might be your answer. Then it's a matter of research for whomever disputes the ownership- going through the links to find the first instance of the thing.

For the constant maintenance part of FOP, that's why I have the main thread which tracks the current month's links by day. I add them to the appropriate pages at the end of the month, and edit the main thread to start tracking the new month. This could be very useful to RPG. You guys bump threads so fast, new threads get scattered all over the forum. A pinned main thread would show the newest thread links, and be stored at the top of the forum.

I won't lie: it's work. Setting up the initial A-Z for FOP took me ten SOLID days, using all my free time at home, and any free time I could scrounge between calls at work (was an alarm monitoring dispatcher at the time). Setting up the initial bunch of grouping pages (for writers who had tons of links) took another month or two (at a bit slower pace, as I already had the A-Z to pull from). And Fan-Fic at the time was only half the size RPG is now. Since then, it's been the maintenance, and creating new pages when necessary. I generally pull the links from the forum to update the main thread once or twice a week now.

I am an index freak though. Do you guys have anyone like that? lol

#67 Posted by Nordok (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

I am an index freak though. Do you guys have anyone like that? lol

Not me, that much is certain, lol.

That is quite impressive, though.

Moderator Online
#68 Posted by FicOPedia (2123 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok: lol thanks, but I was more trying to stress the work of it. Didn't mean for it to be, "Look what I did." Just saying to track things, it's a crazy amount of effort.

#69 Posted by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok said:

@ficopedia: There's been some attempts. Creating them is one thing; updating them to keep up with the myriad changes around here is quite another.

Its a more personal effort. But once someone invested enough decides to, I really think this would be something nice to carry into the future. Certainly much more detailed than a simple timeline thread.

#70 Posted by Lcienimbus (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

just gonna throw in that I claim ownership on the concepts of

the Black Void base,

the mercenary group Black Void,

the character Yuki Terumi.

Steele tech

Reaper Arnaments

and the Weavermail armor line

there, done

#71 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Empire Repellent™

Derail Repellent™

Bullshit Deterrent™

#72 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

♒♒Aquatickinesis®♒♒

#73 Edited by Nordok (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#74 Posted by Eternal_Knight (595 posts) - - Show Bio

H.A United Enterprises

New Horizon Multi Media Corporate Conglomerate or New Horizon CC

Kenway Consolidated

M.U.S.T.A.R.D Laboratory

MERCOM Lmtd.

The Divine Hierarchy

Primordial Warriors

#75 Posted by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving @kaija shared control over most of my concepts (Brimstone Dimension, Realm of the Beast) and associated characters, NPCs and locales. :b

#76 Posted by Dandy (362 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually kinda important.

#77 Posted by Doctor_Plague (222 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by Deicidium (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I own Omninoids, Warsy is just a meanie who stole my lunch money.

#79 Posted by Doctor_Plague (222 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Deicidium (615 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Doctor_Plague (222 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by Ali_ (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I should've said it sooner, but Brimstone Dimension concept and its related materials now belong to @kaija. :]

#83 Edited by Grimmwald (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade You should use this thread for the nGod concept.

#84 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

In the past I let a number of people use the nGods for various stuff. But they're now a closed concept. I'm going in a new direction with the concept so no new nGod characters.

#86 Posted by ParagonxXx (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: What about technology that can create them? I know Jean Knightfall posted something about a gun that can turn a human into one. She transferred that tech to me when she left CV. Since this race belongs to you, I'm asking what I should do with what I just mentioned?

#87 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Keep anything you currently have (this goes for everyone) but no new stuff.

#88 Posted by ParagonxXx (4161 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio