Comic Vine Role Playing Forum Rules

• 191 results
#151 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: So is the whole 500 posts thing necessary or recommended

#152 Posted by Antonia (3285 posts) - - Show Bio
#153 Posted by flucks (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about that rule but it's definitely the best one.

#154 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Posted by Arquitenens (12112 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I consider there maybe should be more criteria, but that's dirty and elitist so I mostly keep it to myself. >_>

#156 Edited by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys should add an event creation section of the rules to explain the necessary requirements to create an event. Also how much damage that event could cause. Just a suggestion though.

#157 Edited by _Jericho (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@below0gaming: More or less depends on who you ask. I've seen some pretty apocalyptic events with people chucking meteorites at the earth and sh**. But when you destroy monuments and wipe out important cities that is when people have a problem.

#158 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
#159 Posted by _Jericho (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@below0gaming: Yeah, more or less, it's best to make an OOC first and see how people respond.

#160 Posted by Vitus (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jericho: @below0gaming: The general rule is to run any proposed massive destruction past the CoE first, as well as the creator of the thread (if you're not making your own).

#161 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

CoE?

#162 Posted by Vitus (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@below0gaming: Basically the CVnU referees: Impero, Zauberin, and Mercy. Of course, if you want to set your RP in an alternative universe or make it otherwise outside of CVnU canon, you can pretty much do whatever.

#163 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the overall consensus is that we want to do very little to actively limit people's creative freedoms. If you're changing major facts of the past (IE stopping 9/11), or wreaking major destruction (usually anything more than a couple of city blocks, or if you're wrecking a high value target such as a landmark or the NYSE), then you need to run it past the COE and receive a 2/3 majority in favor.

Outside of that and anything else already stated in the rules, I don't think we're comfortable placing restrictions on event RPGs.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#164 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitus said:

@below0gaming: Basically the CVnU referees: Impero, Zauberin, and Mercy. Of course, if you want to set your RP in an alternative universe or make it otherwise outside of CVnU canon, you can pretty much do whatever.

Hey Mercy, I wanna make a super powerful adamantium army living in an invincible super country that can't be invaded and has ultra powerful technology, oh, and did I forget the adamantium army?

Here ya go.

#166 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
#169 Posted by Arceus_Aurelius-Rex (468 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Criptyd (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@orpheus_knightfall: I think it really depends on context and if it is within the realm of taste.

#171 Posted by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio

If I want to roleplay in a thread do i simply enter and make up a character or is there a procedure I have to go through?

#172 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

If I want to roleplay in a thread do i simply enter and make up a character or is there a procedure I have to go through?

Best thing to do is make up a character first, then enter. There isn't any approval procedure or anything though.

Avatar image for theevolutionary
#173 Edited by TheEvolutionary (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the five hundred posts be added up from alt accounts?

#174 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@extreme_pickle: In your character bio. Hover your mouse over your account icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. A dropdown menu will appear. Select 'Settings' and write up your character in that. Then click 'Save' at the bottom of that page. You can also add an avatar from that same page.

#177 Posted by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by extreme_pickle (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Also do the actions have to be a certain length (example= a paragraph long+) or can they be however long one pleases?

#179 Posted by ParagonxXx (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@extreme_pickle: However long one pleases. Some prefer to write long posts/actions. Others like to keep it short.

#180 Posted by TheSentinell (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

-Cough- Is America available?

#181 Posted by Nordok (2342 posts) - - Show Bio
#182 Posted by TheSentinell (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok: If I followed steps for claimed territory...and came out on top...could I claim America?

#183 Posted by Nordok (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesentinell: You'd need to follow the empire rules, and going by established precedent, you'd need to do it state-by-state.

#184 Posted by TheSentinell (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok:

Got it ..Imma need to post 50 threads

#185 Edited by Nordok (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesentinell: One at a time, yes. Only one claim can be active at a time. You also need to hit that 500 post mark before staking a claim.

#186 Edited by Feral Nova (58929 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesentinell said:

@nordok: If I followed steps for claimed territory...and came out on top...could I claim America?

I know Nord explained what to do, but this thread (if you read the Empire rules) state that the empire rules are ONLY for the Prime Universe. For the CVnU you have to look into the CVnU Rules as CVnU Empire claim rules are slightly different than Prime Empire claim rules.

This applies only to Vine ‘Verse Prime (main Vine canon). It does not apply to empires outside the solar system, other dimensions, imaginary universes, alternate universes, future universes, or absolutely anything besides the solar system of the main Vine Verse.

#187 Posted by ShadowGuard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question about God moding that has always bothered me.

Let's say your opponent throws a karate chop at your neck....

Are you allowed to say you block it? Because technically that would be controling there arm. Next, let's say you are allowed to do that, my follow up question would be, can you also say, by blocking it you force his arm to the side where you can get a clean shot at his throat?

#188 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowguard: You can always successfully defend, including blocking karate chops. You could say that you attempt to force his arm to the side or something and your opponent could choose if they sold or not.

#189 Posted by ShadowGuard (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Thank,

Also is there some rule that says, if a Batman and Superman character were playing together, that the Superman character can't just speed blitz of battlefield remove the Batman.In other words is there a rule that says you can't just super over power another?

#190 Posted by Amumu00 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I play a lot of apknite role-playing games, and the above rules should apply to all current role-playing games.

Avatar image for charlesbmoore01
#191 Posted by CharlesBMoore01 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

very good game. it is better than games I download at mobidescargar you should try