Colombia Bleeds Empire Claim (IC Thread)

• 69 results
Avatar image for lord_knightfall
Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Lord_Knightfall

Cydrus felt the tremor and realized it had to be the source of the biggest fighters, he looked at it but suddenly all many of the life signatures in the building vanished. He spun in a circle searching, finally he saw them. Miles out of the city. People who hadn't been there before. Holding up both hands rocks and debree spun around him and then in front of him and created a portal to the Tyrant, the Heartless, and his attackers, which he stepped through as it closed.

"Hello there, mind it I join in this little conflict." the Demon Faced said rhetorically in his distorted voice while cocking his head.

@agent-wilson: @614azrael: @cutthroatbitch: @the_shogun: @lady_liberty: @subject47: @alpha_dog: @the_b_list: @traverser: @vein: @cormac: @venatoria: @dr_izza: @petiri_mapoza: @lord_knightfall: @lichter: @admirallogic: @neon_leon: @arquitenens

The Tyrant's war mapping happened at a rate that would make most computers blush and so too did his battle mapping. He wasn't certain of the arrow's properties but a simple understanding of his situation quickly indicated to him it was likely some sort of large explosive. The reasoning was simple, Lichter was intelligent enough to have likely noticed his deflector shield which means there was no way he would have thrown an ordinary arrow, it would have to be something capable of producing a huge explosion that might over load the shield around his chair. The Tyrant's eyes narrowed in the moment between the arrow's release and the firing of the death ray. His neurological interface with the chair had already begun operating, receiving instructions from his brain in the seconds in took for the arrow to be released and for Lichter to fire his weapon. There was a sudden surge of power and the reactors powering the Bogota area suddenly surged and exploded, massive explosions that destroyed the remaining infrastructure powering the city and sent tremors through the ground. The power was consumed by the chair and there was a flash before the one kiloton flash. The mass teleportation device built into his chair was an emergency device, an item of last resort. The chair's other functions were fried in an instant and its sensitive circuitry destroyed but it and its occupant and every entity within the palace (and on top of it @the_b_list, @cvnuheartless) was teleported away, not out of any design by The Tyrant but because the chair didn't have enough time to pick and choose who it took. Lichter was gone a half second before the teleportation activated.

The Presidential Palace shuddered and then collapsed into a huge crater that had one been the bomb shelter. The entire building collapsed inside of it and a great cloud of dust was cast up into the air. Tremors shook the city, buildings shuddered and the soldiers in the streets could feel the ground quake beneath their feet. The one kiloton explosion was mostly focused downward thanks to bunker it exploded in but even so the blast wave simply moved the earth and concrete for nearly a mile around. Everything that stood in that circle collapsed into a cavernous hole in the ground that would forever mark the location where the war in Colombia took a turn for the worse.

Several miles outside of the city everyone teleported by the chair was unceremoniously deposited onto the ground. The Tyrant's chair was gone, fried in the explosion and unable to actually teleport itself. The Tyrant stood up slowly, dusting himself off and casting his gaze at those around him. He smiled slowly and removed the final neural connectors from the back of his head and tossed them to the ground. He reached into his robes and felt his persona teleportation device, it too had been fried. He shook his head and shrugged, tossing the useless device to the ground. His connection with his general was now lost which set into a motion a series of plans already put into place before the war had started. In keeping with his haggard and worn appearance The Tyrant moved slowly to crouch down and pick up a large stick to use as a cane. He turned to the members of The B List and the Heartless they had been fighting and nodded for a moment at some internal thought. "Keep fighting if you want." He told the super villains of the suicide squad. "But your friends just about killed you." They also ended any semblance of this being a war. I hope the general is able to gather data on how well those Organization troops fight, I very much want to know their worth.

He started laughing a little, the laugh turning for a few moments into a hideously evil cackle before he was able to gain control of his emotions. He grinned.

"Oh...oh I love how mistaken everyone has been to this point. They will come away from this war thinking they've won, but I've just forced Venezuela into spending blood and treasure on a war that didn't matter...and likely an ensuing occupation and rebuilding project. Ah well, every projection predicted a five percent chance of total victory if Venezuela invaded...that's the one surprise you know, the invasion. Sadly even my predictions can't be one hundred percent accurate without greater knowledge of my foes...and now I have it." He leaned on the cane, his sunken eyes fixing on Eureka and the others as he clasped one withered hand over the other. "So do we begin our own little fight, you with your curious assortment of former villains and me with my Heartless or shall we do something else? Your friends have won this war, my command and control center is destroyed and I suspect my general is in danger now as well. All that remains is a few more fights to learn more about my foes..." He smiled slowly and narrowed his sinister eyes. "So who's first?"

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katraya:

Alright then.

Dog cracked his neck, his trademark savage grin somewhat affected by the skin that was still regrowing across his face. "Hear imitation's the highest form o' flattery," he growled, "but flattery'll get ya nowhere with me." He raked his own claws against the cracked stone of the wall behind him, creating a truly awful noise. "Ya got the claws, but ya weren't born to use 'em. Killin' may be yer trade, but it's all I live fer."

With that, he launched himself at his foe, fangs and claws bared in a savage assault...which was a feint. Instead of plowing into his enemy, Dog tucked himself into a forward roll with an impressive agility in one of his size. As he came up from it, he braced one hand against the ground and twisted sideways, seeking to lock his legs about his opponent's waist and take her to the ground in a Russian Sambo scissor takedown favored by the Spetsnaz.

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog:

(I don't know jack crap about wrestling so I looked up the move and tried for the better part of 30 minutes to find anything talking about defending against it but everything I found was against completely different techniques. Since my character knows more than me...I'm basically just going to have to make something up, sorry =( ).

She was trained for killing, it's true, but she had been trained her entire life, her body and abilities had been specifically honed for it, she was every bit the lethal weapon of her opponent. Her eyes were on him the entire time, she was already taking a half step back when he initiated his roll and her expert eyes (made so by her skill lock) picked out the incoming Sambo Scissor with precision. There were a limited number of ways for someone trained in Ninjitsu to avoid such a take down, so she decided to improvise while at the same time sending a neural impulse to her gene lock sequencers to make her body itself into a lethal weapon. Gene lock, electrical control. The Sambo Scissors relied upon a specific fulcrum point to succeed in bringing down an opponent and it was that point she saw fit to attack. The area was to narrow to jump to one side or leap backwards with so much debris around them. She extended the claws on her right hand and rather than try to avoid his legs she stepped forward and made two counter offensive moves. The first was to jam the claws of her left hand down towards the leg that sought to wrap around the front of her waist with every ounce of one ton force she'd recently given herself. If the attack connected successfully it would make completing the leg wrap difficult, especially since the claws and impact would be driving right into his knee.

Her other attack was to drive her other hand its claws into the hip to try and disrupt his positioning and throw his attack off balance. The extended claws and extreme force would do significant damage if allowed to fully impact. If both of these failed to disrupt the take down she was able to take the fall and would immediately begin her next move, intending to give him very little time to actually launch the follow up attacks required to make the take-down anything more than simply putting the both of them on their backs. This move was a bit dirty but she didn't care. Nearly one hundred thousand volts of electricity rippled over every inch of her body and armor, turning her into a living conduit of lethal doses of electricity. Finally, she initiated a new skill lock to compensate. skill lock- Sambo.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While her new found ally, Lichter, went to make his surgical strike at the enemies leadership cadre Ivana joined the massing of Doghouse graduates, Orochi and reserves well behind the front line.

Armored personal carriers and infantry fighting vehicles abounded, thanks to the temporary roads and routs that had been constructed, as well as the Shogunate's control of many bridges. This made the force highly mobile and Ivana put that mobility to instant use.

While the tip of the spear had become bogged down fighting in the Capitol and the rear echelon and artillery forces fought a delaying action against the flanking force behind them Ivana and the mass of mutants, Orochi and reserves flew down the roads behind them and themselves slammed into the flanking force.

Their attack was accompanied by a redoubling of cruise missile and drone bombardments, as well as renewed psychic assaults.

Though casualties in her outflanked and bogged down force were mounting it was here Ivana intended to simply smash the enemies outflanking force like a rock between a hammer and anvil.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect. Just as expected.

Firing explosives at an oil field hadn't seemed like a smart tactic in the first place. A terrible idea, unless the enemy had some means of avoiding or withstanding the destruction themselves. And if they did - which was apparently the case - then it was...actually maybe not as bad as it seemed, on their part. (Well, aside from the resulting damage to a major facet of Colombia's industry.) And if they were the right kind of smart, they'd want a souvenir, so to speak.

It was the same way Anastasia had been prone to thinking, the same way those around her thought, and it suggested the men she briefly laid eyes on were in the business of information. Most likely working under a scientific banner of some sort. She'd expected they would want a sample, but the whole thing? Would they want a prisoner? It was almost regrettable, the inability to find out.

Chances were the body was too badly damaged for attempts at reading or playing with the DNA to be of any use; and even if they had means or desire to go through the trouble with dental records it'd take time to figure out the body wasn't that of a mutant, let alone identify whom it was.

No Caption Provided

Anastasia watched from a distance as the soldiers carted their subject away, the grounds in flames surrounding them. And although the fire burned hot all around, her body shuddered as if caught in a momentary chill. Captivity...Dain would've never forgiven her. But beyond that the thought was terrifying. To end up just like him, in so short a time. Subject to all kinds of prodding, dissecting, reprogramming, and whatever else they'd think of, for the rest of forever.

Although Nastya planned for a battle of attrition the retreat was a welcome surprise. When they were gone she could rally her team and work on suppressing the fire, keep it from getting to the civilians or causing too much damage.

She wanted to hurt the company, not cripple it beyond anyone's ability to help.

The_B_List

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_B_List

Several things tended to 'rile up' supervillains.

Foiled plans.

Goody two-shoes.

Hallmark movies.

In this case, being teleported without permission to come face-to-face with the Man of Infinite Wrinkles was the undesirable 'riling'. And, unfortunately, the B List was not very good at dealing with such riling. "Who the $%^* are you?!" Butch almost screamed, raising his gun up and aiming it straight at the Tyrant's face. The rest of the team followed suit, making sure that they didn't attack until their leader did. Butch did not take kindly to meeting strangers- least of all when it was from out of nowhere transportation. However, no move was made against them, and very slowly Butch started to lower his gun- the barrel now pointed at the chest of the Tyrant, as opposed to the face.

"Well, they aren't really our friends, over yonder. We're kinda on our own. The plan was that we'd kill you, and make friends with them. Ya know, big rewards, parties, badges of heroism. Etcetera." Butch sniffed, ginger mutton chops caked in blood. "But it sounds like you're pretty prepared for getting your ass kicked."

The rest of the team was perfectly still. They had trained for moments like this- when they came face to face with their prey. Their assignment? To sit back and stay quiet. "Now, it seems to me that you haven't killed us first for some reason or another. Now, I personally would like to hear said reasons." Drawing a fat cigar with his free hand, Butch stuck it in his mouth and fumbled around for a lighter, before drawing one and setting the Cuban ablaze. Tobacco always helped him when making deals with vicious, wrinkly war criminals.

@the_tyrant_

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lichter

Klaus skidded across the cobbled streets, reappearing about a meter above the ground just as the Colombian palace collapsed. He'd already been blown backwards by the very small initial shockwave inside the bunker, and his momentum had carried through his teleportational jump. He sat up, resting his arm on his knee. Turning his Ray over, he inspected the power cells, noting that they were all still fully charged and operational. He looked over to where the palace had been, the dust cloud carrying high up into the air and surrounding the streets in debris. Fires blazed around him. Experimentally, he tested all his joints, pleased to find that he had not been injured. Laboriously, he stood, straightening his back and checking his ears to make sure they'd not been damaged. His suit had protected his senses, which would of course have been devastated otherwise.

The cloud expanded from where the palace had been, almost filling the sky before him. According to the Shogun, there would be almost no radioactive fallout from the vibranium weapon, so he hadn't been in any hurry to leave. He was slightly hunched over, white knuckles underneath the gloves grasping the blade and gun. Exhaling softly, he willed his hands to stop shaking. He rectified his slouch, standing up straight, and slipping the dagger back into his belt. Replacing the Death Ray in its holster, he remained still, debris smashing into cars and shattering windows all around where he stood. He looked back up into the red cloud, and clasped his hands behind his back.

He remained there, drinking it all in.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katraya:

So that’s the way it’s gonna be, huh?

In his more lucid moments, Dog might have admitted to being impressed. Aside from avoiding the attempt in its entirety, a scissor takedown could be a complicated move to effectively counter. She hadn’t tried to get too technical; she just buried her new claws into places that she knew would cause a lot of damage. They did, in addition to causing a lot of pain, but the burning adrenal rage in Dog’s brain pushed it aside and he persisted, like a savage Juggernaut.

The electricity was another matter. If the two of them had not been locked together in a violent embrace, he would have likely been thrown across the room by it. As it was, he probably lost consciousness several times, each time being almost instantly jolted back to consciousness by his healing factor. As his back slammed against the floor of the damaged sewer, he could smell his flesh beginning to cook, a smell that he had become all too accustomed to, today.

Still, if she wanted to fight dirty, he was all too happy to oblige. Fighting to control his own spasmodic musculature, one hand found a piece of brick or concrete, no doubt dislodged from the surrounding architecture by the recent blast, and he swung the improvised bludgeon viciously at his opponent’s head.

Agent-Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Agent-Wilson

@the_tyrant-: (Sorry I didn't respond quickly, I was busy!) Wilson stays in the front of his plane.

"You know the drill pilots, chase after that APC ASAP!" Agent Wilson says in his typical demanding tone, as he looked out the window, with his arms crossed behind him, would this bring him a step closer to finding the general? He had been up for nights, running off of nothing but caffein and adrenaline to research his possible locations.

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Katraya

@alpha_dog:

I need a way to get him out of this fight, he'll just keep going with that healing factor and we'll be here all day. I CANT be here all day. Katraya thought just as he swung the weapon at her head. She had precious little time to react so she decided instead to trust to her recently granted healing factor. The weapon cracked open the side of her head and blood gushed down the side of her face as she recoiled from the strike...but her healing factor had been chosen to match his own and the bone quickly knit itself back together again. What he did buy himself was time away from the electrical charge. The strike disrupted her and rendered her unconscious for a brief heartbeat or two and finally the electrical charge relented. She shook her head to clear blood drops from her left her eye and left the electrical field inactive, for the moment.

Needing to force him out of the combat or eventually she would be forced to teleport away, Katraya wrenched one clawed hand from his body and attempted to catch the wrist holding the improvised weapon. She intended to use her one ton strength to squeeze until she felt bones break if she was able to grab hold of his wrist. If not she'd shift to a defensive move with her arm and hand, intending to block any further strikes from hitting her head by taking the blunt of the damage to her arm. The other claws she tore from his body and sought to drive them down again, this time into the hip joint of his right leg. She intended to bury the blade up to her hand inside of his joint and if successful, she would twist until the blade snapped off inside of his body and hopefully limited his mobility. The unfortunate effect of a quick healing factor was the tendency to heal incorrectly if someone is smart enough to manipulate it. If his skin healed closed with the blade still inside he'd have to rip it out of himself, not to mention the injury, even if healed, would release one of his legs from her body and allow her to separate from him again.

If this ploy didn't work, she had another but held it back for now, intent to see his response to the first two.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katraya:

As his enemy's hand enclosed the wrist holding the improvised weapon, Dog was caught momentarily off-guard. Her grip would have easily crushed normal bones, but the feral mutant's were considerably more durable and would take longer to crack under the pressure, and he had no intention of allowing her that much time. "Yer strong," he growled, as his left hand shot up to attempt to grab the wrist of the hand that presently gripped his own. "I'm stronger." If his own grip connected, he intended to bring his own ten tons of strength to bear, and give a taste of her own maneuver.

However, his own tactic, if successful, would leave him largely open to her free hand's assault on his hip joint, and the damage would be enough to elicit a pained roar from the bestial operative. the affected leg would spasmodically release its lock about her midsection. Intent on not allowing his own loss in mobility to translate into an advantage for her, though, his uninjured and now free left leg would send a vicious kick at the woman's knee. Armor typically had to be weaker around the joints, to allow for flexibility, and he was curious to see how well it would absorb one of his blows at full strength.

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog:

Katraya did nothing to defend her wrist, she'd deal with that later. For now she had an opportunity and wanted to make use of one of those few moments when he gave her an opening of any sort. She broke the blade off in his hip as intended and pulled her hand back. .There was little she could do about the kick to her knee and she had to allow it to happen and deal with the aftermath. The armor absorbed a good portion of the blow but she knew going in that it wouldn't save her knee. She grit her teeth and refused to make any sounds of pain as the knee broke. Without the armor it would have shattered into pieces and her leg could have possibly been cut off at the knee. The armor itself didn't break though it dented a little. The next part was the hardest, she pulled herself back from his leg lock now that his other leg was off of her with even more pain in her leg.

She was unable to get to her feet immediately, though she felt the leg begin to heal almost immediately. He also still had a hold on her wrist and she could feel the bones cracking as more and more strength was applied. "Gene lock...regrowth." This is about to suck. The Hyper Mutant bit her lip and slashed out with the remaining claw on her free hand, her aim wasn't for his arm...it was for her own. She was intending to sever her hand to give her free ability to withdraw from his grasp and fight from a new angle. Her new gene lock would regrow the lost hand fairly quickly, quickly enough for her purposes anyway. To help ensure success in her attempt she once more charged her body with lethal doses of electricity. He'd successfully rendered her leg immobile but her combat level regeneration was already working on repairing the damage and she moved to pull her leg back from him to make follow up attacks more difficult.

The_tyrant-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_b_list: @agent-wilson@lord_knightfall:

The Tyrant smiled slowly as he watched the response of the B list. First anger...then recognition of what he'd said. "Yes, I suspect you would. It goes a little something like this. I have a plan, a very long reaching plan and I like to include within it certain useful elements. You can be on one end of the plan or on the other, that choice is yours." The Tyrant explained. "What you care about is money, fame and glory. So I'm going to offer you four times whatever you're being paid and you can even eat your cake. We'll arrange for you to receive credit for my death. The fact it never happened will be our little secret. At a time of my choosing I will contact you later and offer you another job, with pay. I'll even let you meet some of my pretty female assistants."

Lord Knightfall arrived and The Tyrant turned his gaze to the new, combat eager arrival. He looked at The B List and @cvnuheartless the heartless and gestured to Lord Knightfall. "You have arrived at a fork in the wood, choose your path." The Tyrant smiled slowly and leaned on his cane. "But choose wisely." He told the mercenaries.

Agent-Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tyrant-: The ship went after the APC, it shot a pulse ray after it which seemed to disrupt the engine. Agent Wilson was excited by that, he gave the men the single to use the machine guns. Soon after the top of the STRIKE plane emerged with machine guns that also started to break down the APCs coating.

"Finding a landing stop, I wanna nail this buzzard, now!" Agent Wilson says to his crew, as they try to do just that.

"Got it, boss." One of the men says putting down his donut working with the plane's controls.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katraya:

Dog gave a grunt of pain as the two separated, his left hand reflexively going to his wounded hip as he pushed himself unsteadily to his feet. In his right, he still held her own clawed hand, now neatly severed at the wrist by her own efforts. He was right; this was becoming fun. "Givin' me somethin' to remember ya by, sweetheart?" He lifted her still-twitching appendage to his lips and kissed it rather obscenely.

The next bit was less fun, but no less motivational. Digging his claws into the punctured flesh as he gritted his sharp teeth against the rivers up pain it sent racing to his brain, he ripped out the claw that his foe had left embedded in the joint. He gave it a glance before tossing the bloodied bit over his shoulder. Giving her a twisted grin, he beckoned with his free hand. "Yer move."

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog:

Katraya's hand grew back in moments, she flexed the fingers on it a few times to get used to it as the intense pain of her recent experiences began to fade with her regenerative properties taking over. "This is pretty hot." She said with a bloodied grin. Her muscles tensed as if she was about to launch an attack when her com device went off loudly enough for both of them to hear. "Son of a brick " She glanced at the device mounted on her wrist and then back at Alpha Dog. Disappointment registered on her face. "Orders to redeploy right when things get fun."

Katraya saw in alpha dog something of a curious kindred spirit and hadn't been challenged in combat like that in a long time. Most of the people in her training program had never come close. This isn't over. "Where can I find you? I don't like to leave my men unsatisfied." She said.

(sending you a PM)

CVnUHeartless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_knightfall: @the_tyrant-: @the_b_list:

In an instant, the Heartless were warped away from their previous battlefield right back to the presence of the Tyrant, with the mercenary group and demonic Knightfall present. With a terrifying shriek from the Ghoul, the others who had been following 47 regrouped with the rest, so that they would all be together. The Ghoul then noticed the Knightfall, and became both physical and visible. It shrieked again, this time shorter, but in a higher pitch, and several Elites surrounded him and began to sway side to side with their claws dragging on the ground, awaiting the okay to strike. The rest of the Elites stood at the ready for the mercenaries' response, recognizing the master's intent to negotiate. Best to not anger the master, lest they be unable to find another.

Avatar image for lord_knightfall
Lord_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent-wilson: @the_tyrant-: @cvnuheartless:

The Demon Faced cocked his head unnaturally far to the right and let out a half shriek half roar of his own as he began a large circle dragging his katana four inches under ground as he did, in truth he was preparing a magic trick. As he dug the thin hole in the ground a thin black liquid slid along the hidden side of his sword into the soon to be ring. It's intentions were mystical, although if none of them figured it out it could teleport all inside seventy feet into the air.

He didn't expect it would actually work properly, the man was to smart for that. But there was a chance he might catch the heartless in it. Or not, but it still ended in a mysterious demon faced creature fighting and eventually vanishing.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katraya:

Dog very nearly pounced when she shifted her attention, albeit momentarily, but instinct held him back. Looks like this fight was over; if the big guns were getting recalled, that likely meant that things were winding down. That was a shame; he was just starting to enjoy himself, but if the battle was waning, it was time to go. Dog wasn't in the mood for going completely lone wolf behind the lines, at least not today.

"Don't ya worry yer pretty little head about that," Dog replied with a dangerous grin. "Next time I'll be the one findin' you, now that I got yer scent." He gave her severed hand one more good sniff, more for show than necessity, before tossing it casually back to her. He stepped back, fading into the shadows of the sewer tunnels, and the last bits of him to disappear from sight were his twisted grin and gleaming, feral eyes.