♔ Le Manoir ♔
An architectural gem that doubles as one of Don Karrit's homes and a base of operations for La Main Noir, Château Noir rises, brick and dressed stone, amid the breathtaking peaks of the French Alps. A towering retreat draped in understated luxury amid a velvet green sea of ancient oaks, sequoias, chestnuts and linden trees, Château Noir casts an air of space and serenity that hangs in stark contrast to the brutal fate awaiting those whose visits are unannounced and uninvited.
Come winter, skeletons trade soil for snow. And the French Alps, water for blood. Turrets, round towers, spires, wind vanes dominate Château Noir's aesthetic, as do arched windows, regal staircases, and towering doorways. With grounds of countless hectares, independent houses and other establishments lie hidden behind dense forestry and a mountain's shadow, with Château Noir revealing itself as the centerpiece of a private mafiosi-run mountain complex.
♕ Maison Karrit - Layout & Security ♕
A home of contrasts, Château Noir bears a stunning and antique aesthetic, wrapping old and new in architectural harmony. It's exterior bears the stone and brickwork worthy of a retired chevalier, while it's interior is as much a stately world of white-washed walls, Spanish arches, exposed beams, and open fireplaces, as it is one of underfloor heating and indoor pools. With seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, indoor and outdoor pools, stables, wine cellars and so on, Château Noir is a favorite of Amin's among his many homes.
Château Noir's interior is a well-furnished hub of luxuries and class. Touched by varying decor, period paintings and historical artifacts thought lost to time, it's interior is one of splendor and artistry. Beautiful stone double-flight staircases, ornate plaster-work, ceiling roses, architraves, cornices, wrought iron-work, parquet floors, marble fireplaces and more all make their presence known to those who walk Château Noir's halls. A spacious library of tall and dense bookcases is embellished with the stolen sarcophagi of forgotten kings, displays of weapons existing only in myth and folklore, busts of Roman greats, and skeletons of creatures long regarded as fables.
A room away, display cases bear macabre decorations - the polished skulls of trespassers, rivals, detectives and judges. Elsewhere, in less morbid parts of the château, ornately carved doors open to a tiled hallway leading to the dining space on the left, and room on the right, next to the kitchen. The living room looks out over the pool and gardens, and it's furnishing are of the highest standard, including flagstone tile flooring, exposed beams, and a large stone fireplace. Cowhide-covered armchairs and a rich, brown leather sofa ring a glass center table and an open fireplace. A second living area is accessed through the dining patio on the ground floor. It features large, overstuffed sofas in shades of heather, as well as wooden cabinets filled with books.
The château's primary dining area sits in an indoor Moroccan-style courtyard off the main hallway on the ground floor. It hosts two dining tables designed to be easily configured for larger groups. The courtyard itself features soft blue walls, oversized Moroccan floor lamps, and a glass ceiling panel, through which light streams into the room. The country-style kitchen across the hallway bears granite worktops, large fridges, an oven and induction hob etc. The château's sleeping quarters are plentiful and as follows:
- ♔ Roi: Reserved for Le Commandant, Roi is a spacious, purple-hued master suite located on the top floor. A small living space gives way to the bedroom with a king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with a freestanding, roll-top bath and a Finnish sauna.
- ♛ Reine: A room often used to slight visiting male guests (hence the suite's name, Reine or "Queen" in French) and remind them of their position below Amin in any social hierarchy, Reine is a large Moroccan-themed suite with a queen-sized bed and en-suite, marble bathroom with bath and spa shower. A small living space with a child's bed is flanked by windows which frame breathtaking mountain views.
- ♖ Duke: A two-bedroom suite location on the ground floor, the decor is Andalusian-themed, ablaze with shades of red and orange. Both bedrooms offer a king-sized four-poster bed with ornate, Andaluz-carved wooden frames. The bathroom, which is shared between both bedrooms, features a Travertine knobbly marble single sink, soaking tub and shower.
- ♝ Marquis: The second ground floor suite, Marquis is - like Duke - a two-bedroom suite. It's Andalusian-themed decor is drenched in creams and golds, and the first bedroom has a king-sized bed with an ornate, Andaluz-carved wood frame. The second bedroom offers a four-poster bed and embroidered lines.
- ♘ Castellan: The final bedroom inside the château is found on the top floor. Furnished more simply than the other bedrooms, Castellan is often reserved for staff. It features a small blue shower space, equipped with a sink, all of which is located off the bedroom.
Cast over the grand area that Château Noir commands, there is a Roman wash-room, Roman well, greenhouses built in and under naturally formed rocks and stones, a park with centuries old trees, rows of olive trees, vineyards, fields, fruit orchids, a complex of houses wherein La Main Noir mafiosi reside, and even a church that serves as both a hub for meetings, and a place of worship for any religious mafiosi in Le Commandant's ranks. A large outdoor pool sits in view of greenery and mountains, and a rumored torture house where Amin's routinely drag trespassers etc. into, never to be seen again.
A tennis court sits near a manicured garden with an explosion of purple and yellow blooms. Helicopter landing pads along with garages and vehicle storage areas are kept away from general view, and somewhat obscured by the horse stables. What appears to be little more than a storage room features a hidden staircase that leads into a vast underground chamber teeming with a multitude of treasures and rare historical artifacts stolen and held by Amin's mafiosi throughout the years. A heavily guarded property, Château Noir is patrolled by a large number of well-armed Miracle-empowered mafiosi, and La Société agents who routinely move from the château to elsewhere via secret underground tunnels.
Many populate very small nearby towns and villages constructed by La Main Noir to mirror the function of watchtowers as well as be the first line of defense before Château Noir can be reached. Furthermore, machine gun turrets are in place to fire powerful vibranium rounds that store elastic potential energy to be released as deadly amounts of kinetic energy upon impact, imploding or otherwise destroying targets with lethal kinetic shock-waves.
Finally, the château is protected by Savant-X, an Omega-level psychic monstrosity whose allegiance is pledged to Don Karrit and whose powers stand ready to protect Château Noir by erecting telekinetic barriers or tearing enemies and trespassers asunder by the power of his terrifying psychic sorcery.
- Standard RPG rules apply e.g. no godmodding etc.
- If for whatever reason you want to swing by you can. Just have a good reason because you will be relentlessly attacked otherwise (do not control the NPCs). But if you're attempting to do some infiltration mission or whatever after investigating some leads to learn about the locale, we can have a little RP. If you want to do something you can think you might need my permission for, shoot me a PM (on this account or 8th Wonder/Thee Champion/Venenoso/Grimmwald).
- This is not La Main Noir's primary base of operations, it is one of many across the globe.
- Have fun with it. Or not.