"Pull up man, you can't make that"

"Made it..."

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"History is grey, not black and white. Those who spearhead society have violated their obligations to teach the mass what occurred in the past in a objective manner. It is my belief that Western Civilization is becoming the very thing they sought to destroy in 1939 and 1946." - Future Speech

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We, the extraordinary, were conspiring to make the world better."

Ryan_McKinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I am neither your Guardian nor your Executioner, but I am here to prepare you for the time of Recreation."

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3106  Edited By Vishop_

"You must see by now there is no you and I, there is only us. We are together or we are nothing."

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have to do this right or not at all. Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made." "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“I never asked for power. Power is dangerous. It corrupts the best and attracts the worst. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolute power does not corrupt absolutely. Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect all who seek it. We should grant power over our affairs only to those who are reluctant to hold it and then only under conditions that increase that reluctance.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3110  Edited By Cutting_Edge

“The thing about being a superhero is that you’re expected to save people. That’s the deal, the more you people save, the more you're a hero. Therefore, the one who saves the most is the greatest hero, and you want that to be you. So what do you do? You start crunching the numbers and try to save as many people as possible, and then you figure out which people that you should save and how to do it. Because that’s the best way to operate, right? Doing the math and doing what’s best for the greater good. The thing is, after a while, you lose sight of humanity and only see the data, because that’s all there is. The numbers become priority number one, not human capacity. You start operating the same way that a machine does. It’s callous, sure, but that’s the job. Doing what the results tell you to do and supporting the greater good of the people. It’s the most effective work. And if the most effective work comes from finding the answer to being a hero, tackling the ethical equation, and “solving for x”, then you can get your answer, hero. The answer is... The premise is flawed, and the “greatest hero” doesn’t exist. In fact, you aren’t one to any degree. You’re a machine, really just a calculator. And hey, you can argue if you want, but you’re just cheating yourself and everyone around you. Because the fact of the matter is... numbers don’t lie.

So... Why should you?”

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extreme heroism springs from something that no scientific theory can fully explain; it's an illogical impulse that flies in the face of biology, psychology, actuarial statistics, and basic common sense. But a hero can also be just a random everyday, guy working a terrible job because he's got to support his family. Or someone who helps the kid next to him from the bully and pulls him into a hug telling that things will get better. People think you need to have super powers to be a hero. You don't.

Anyone can be a hero.

Anyone can save the day.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I visualize it. I picture it right up there. I SEE WHAT I WANT TO SEE. And what I see is what is.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The miracle is to not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on Earth.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Alexander West. You've known me as Velocity and as Tachyon. You've witnessed my whole journey up until this moment. You've seen my wants, my love; my regrets...my fears. You know me through and through. You also know that I've made mistakes, done bad if not horrible things, and there's no excuse for that. But now that's all gone, I'm gone. My own choices led to me being erased. Zapped. Adios. *Sigh* But it wasn't the end, because my son stepped up, and he saw something, and he set things in motion...and now I'm coming back, but I may not be the man you remember....not for a while at least.

I hope I do things right this time.