Character Power Levels, What Level Are You?

• 88 results
White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By White Phantom

OK, so have you ever fought someone and found they were much stronger or weaker then you thought? I created 10 Power Levels, and their purpose to help organize how powerful Viners are. In other words, I have a character or multiple characters with each level, and you compare your characters with the examples. If you're even with one of the examples, or with another character who's even with the example, then you're at that level. Powers are listed with each level, your powers don't have to match the powers listed. I just figured that if you're even with the example you would probably have powers similar to those. Here are the levels, if you have any questions, just ask.

10-Ion Levels, limitless power in every way.

9-Ganthet, Galactus, Parallax Levels, limitless abilities at a vast but not limitless strength

8-Thanos Levels, again, limitless, or near limitless abilities but not at the same strength.

7-Average Herald, Average Ring Wielder Levels, same near limitless abilities but at an even lower degree of strength.

6-Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel Levels, powers mostly from sheer might but some that aren't brawn.

5-Superman Levels, powers used mostly in close combat, strength, speed, flight, maybe others.

4-Hulk, Juggernaut Levels, great strength and durability, but not much else.

3-Wolverine Levels, mostly skills but some additional powers.

2-Captain America Levels, peak human skills, near superhuman but not quite.

1-Batman Levels, non-super, uses weapons and skills.

If you have different or better character examples, feel free to use them. Again, if you have any questions, just ask. I don't know if this will be helpful, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what people do with it.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"White Phantom says:
"OK, so have you ever fought someone and found they were much stronger or weaker then you thought? I created 10 Power Levels, and their purpose to help organize how powerful Viners are. In other words, I have a character or multiple characters with each level, and you compare your characters with the examples. If you're even with one of the examples, or with another character who's even with the example, then you're at that level. Powers are listed with each level, your powers don't have to match the powers listed. I just figured that if you're even with the example you would probably have powers similar to those. Here are the levels, if you have any questions, just ask. 10-Ion Levels, limitless power in every way. 9-Ganthet, Galactus, Parallax Levels, limitless abilities at a vast but not limitless strength 8-Thanos Levels, again, limitless, or near limitless abilities but not at the same strength. 7-Average Herald, Average Ring Wielder Levels, same near limitless abilities but at an even lower degree of strength. 6-Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel Levels, powers mostly from sheer might but some that aren't brawn. 5-Superman Levels, powers used mostly in close combat, strength, speed, flight, maybe others. 4-Hulk, Juggernaut Levels, great strength and durability, but not much else. 3-Wolverine Levels, mostly skills but some additional powers. 2-Captain America Levels, peak human skills, near superhuman but not quite. 1-Batman Levels, non-super, uses weapons and skills. If you have different or better character examples, feel free to use them. Again, if you have any questions, just ask. I don't know if this will be helpful, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what people do with it. "

Galactus has limitless Strength.

I'm at like, level 8-9."

dido

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Assimilation2

White Phantom says:

"OK, so have you ever fought someone and found they were much stronger or weaker then you thought? I created 10 Power Levels, and their purpose to help organize how powerful Viners are. In other words, I have a character or multiple characters with each level, and you compare your characters with the examples. If you're even with one of the examples, or with another character who's even with the example, then you're at that level. Powers are listed with each level, your powers don't have to match the powers listed. I just figured that if you're even with the example you would probably have powers similar to those. Here are the levels, if you have any questions, just ask. 10-Ion Levels, limitless power in every way. 9-Ganthet, Galactus, Parallax Levels, limitless abilities at a vast but not limitless strength 8-Thanos Levels, again, limitless, or near limitless abilities but not at the same strength. 7-Average Herald, Average Ring Wielder Levels, same near limitless abilities but at an even lower degree of strength. 6-Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel Levels, powers mostly from sheer might but some that aren't brawn. 5-Superman Levels, powers used mostly in close combat, strength, speed, flight, maybe others. 4-Hulk, Juggernaut Levels, great strength and durability, but not much else. 3-Wolverine Levels, mostly skills but some additional powers. 2-Captain America Levels, peak human skills, near superhuman but not quite. 1-Batman Levels, non-super, uses weapons and skills. If you have different or better character examples, feel free to use them. Again, if you have any questions, just ask. I don't know if this will be helpful, but I thought I'd put it out there and see what people do with it. "
3. Best category I fit under, but really out there.
Post Edited:2008-03-30 13:32:59
Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

White Phantom says:

I'm at like, level 8-9.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By White Phantom

Eternal Chaos says:

"White Phantom says:

I'm at like, level 8-9."

Well I put Ion at level 10 and Galactus isn't at Ion levels. Oh, I meant original Ion at 10. I'm at Level 9 as well.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gloom

I'd put my character at about 6 ½ but she doesn't exactly fit anywhere on that grid, IMO.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By White Phantom

Eternal Chaos says:

"Darkchild says:
"dido"

I think it was a pretty good break down, but my problem is the fact that it's not totally correct."

That's why I said you could give different examples, I wasn't sure how good it was.

Avantar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avantar

MIne I would classify as 3.. Actaully Captain America level combat and physical qualities, but has Some magic prowness and items such as the sword Caliburn which will cut through almost anything like Wolverines claws

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Darkchild says:

"dido"

I think it was a pretty good break down, but my problem is the fact that it's not totally correct.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gloom

Eternal Chaos says:

"Darkchild says:
"dido"

I think it was a pretty good break down, but my problem is the fact that it's not totally correct."

A group of viners should gather and make complete and neat power levels that would encompass all characters, and those power levels could become official and be integrated on a viner's character page.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By White Phantom

The thing I tried to do is an overall how strong are you, who could you take sort of thing. All different powers would get to complicated, and I did this in the car. You don't know how hard it is for a kid to work on stuff in the backseat.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gloom says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Darkchild says:
"dido"
A group of viners should gather and make complete and neat power levels that would encompass all characters, and those power levels could become official and be integrated on a viner's character page."

I agree, however a list like that is too vague. You would need to do a total breakdown for everything, like Strength, Speed, Energy Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Reality Manipulation, Magic, combat, and stuff like that. I'd have no problem doing it with a few people on here.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By White Phantom

Maybe if one of the levels I gave doesn't work a person can compare themselves to a character, for starters, and then they get worked into a ranking. Just temporary, but it might be something to start with until a more formal and organized list is formed. Just a suggestion.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal Chaos

White Phantom says:

"The thing I tried to do is an overall how strong are you, who could you take sort of thing. All different powers would get to complicated, and I did this in the car. You don't know how hard it is for a kid to work on stuff in the backseat. "

Believe me, I know. And I know it would be complicated, that's exactly why I said it would have to be a team effort.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

White Phantom says:

"Maybe if one of the levels I gave doesn't work a person can compare themselves to a character, for starters, and then they get worked into a ranking. Just temporary, but it might be something to start with until a more formal and organized list is formed. Just a suggestion."

I can see that working a little bit better.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rdeegvainl

I think the biggest gap in there is between 3 and 4. From wolverine to hulk is a huge space. Is there a spot you could jack in there, like spiderman, or someone to close up the gap a little?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Methos

I'm level 2

2-Captain America Levels, peak human skills, near superhuman but not quite.

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gottheit

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Assimilation2

White Phantom says:

"Maybe if one of the levels I gave doesn't work a person can compare themselves to a character, for starters, and then they get worked into a ranking. Just temporary, but it might be something to start with until a more formal and organized list is formed. Just a suggestion."

k then, my character is more like proffesor X, in the case that, if used effectively, it could be deadly, but if used bady, it is just a useless parlor trick.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sling Shot

Was someone digging through my old threads or something this is like the third remake of one of my threads I've seen today.

But hey if you wasn't there the first time around I ain't mad at the second.

Sling Shot is level 3.5 according to your chart.

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zenma

mine can be both level 10 and 9 because my character can transform and have level 10 powers

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shaper

4 and 3.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By White Phantom

Sling Shot says:

"Was someone digging through my old threads or something this is like the third remake of one of my threads I've seen today.But hey if you wasn't there the first time around I ain't mad at the second.Sling Shot is level 3.5 according to your chart."

I'd of put you at a 4.5, you could take Hulk easily enough. Not sure about Superman though so probably not at 5. And no, I didn't intend to try and remake one of your threads, I just thought it might be a good idea.

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Taki

2.5 for me

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Andferne

Level 3

Post Edited:2008-04-08 15:31:58

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Switch

Level 3. Vampiric physical abilities but mainly relies on skill for fighting.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Paragon

3-Wolverine Levels, mostly skills (hand to hand/swordsmanship/high intellect) but some additional powers (Healing factor/teleport).

J1NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By J1NX

3-My computer skills are nigh unmatchable, but my probability manipulation is the thing that keeps people guessing.

Avatar image for lillya_wildchild
Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lillya WildChild

where would you put some one with so much power that is really strong but the person is not?

Skeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skeletor

Eternal Chaos says:

"White Phantom says:

I'm at like, level 8-9."

they why did he get curbstomped by celestials?

Skeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skeletor

3 or 7

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Skeletor says:

"they why did he get curbstomped by celestials?"

I don't recall him getting curbstomped by Celestials. I remember it going the otherway around in Earth X. And if you're talking about Tenebrous and Aegis, that's a different story. It's complicated with Cosmics anyway. Trust me, I'm a cosmics fan. You know, Marvel who actually has cosmics and not just people who are ridiculously powerful? Yeah, those. LoL.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Skeletor says:

"3 or 7"

There's a big difference between 3 and 7. That's like saying "Yeah, I struggle with Wolverine, but I can beat Superman.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 to 4, depending on gear.

Skeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skeletor

Eternal Chaos says:

"Skeletor says:
"3 or 7"

There's a big difference between 3 and 7. That's like saying "Yeah, I struggle with Wolverine, but I can beat Superman."

and? look at Skeletor and tell me what EXACTLY he is?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Skeletor says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Skeletor says:
"3 or 7"
There's a big difference between 3 and 7. That's like saying "Yeah, I struggle with Wolverine, but I can beat Superman."
and? look at Skeletor and tell me what EXACTLY he is?"

No idea. From what I've seen Skeletor can probably be like 4 or 5. Not a 7 or a 3.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andferne

Skeletor says:

"3 or 7"

Cut the differance and call it a 5.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Cos, according to my bio, would be hovering on the border of 4 and 5 I think.

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Neocrous

I think I'm a six

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By White Phantom

Remember, these levels aren't about which description fits you best but which character that's an example for the level would give you a hard fight but wouldn't cream you and you wouldn't cream him, because I've noticed a lot of people putting themselves at 3 or 4 but when I check there powers it looks like they're stronger. Oh, and by limitless strength I meant there is no limit to the strength of the power. Ion has no limits whatsoever so he has the limitless strength. Galactus' power however can't reach any strength with no limit, so his strength isn't limitless.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By White Phantom

Lillya WildChild says:

"where would you put some one with so much power that is really strong but the person is not?"

What do you mean, strong power but weak character?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gottheit

Oh, and even though I don't get more powers when this happens, my power level increases based on the level of evil that I am squaring off against. Like, I would only be, like, a 3 against someone like Joker or bin Laden, but I would be, like, an 8 or nine against someone like Thanos or Anti-Moniter. Part of the whole Crusader shpeal, you understand...

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Midnight Lantern

5 or a 6.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Forever

Sling Shot says:

"Was someone digging through my old threads or something this is like the third remake of one of my threads I've seen today.But hey if you wasn't there the first time around I ain't mad at the second.Sling Shot is level 3.5 according to your chart."

Always ahead of your time my friend.

Jet jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jet jaguar

i'm 5

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Forever says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Was someone digging through my old threads or something this is like the third remake of one of my threads I've seen today. But hey if you wasn't there the first time around I ain't mad at the second. Sling Shot is level 3.5 according to your chart."
Always ahead of your time my friend."

From now on, I'm Spider-Man and you're Doctor Strange because you appear when I least expect you to.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"From now on, I'm Spider-Man and you're Doctor Strange because you appear when I least expect you to."

lol. Its just because I rarely post.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sparda

I'm not gonna go into the original Sparda's power levels, since I haven't quite decided yet myself.

But Sparda 2.0 is (if he unleashed everything he's got) up on a 8-9 scale.