Century City (United States/CVnU & CV2 Location)

• 67 results
Avatar image for deactivated-642caa2a45b15
deactivated-642caa2a45b15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry, but taking this down. Feel free to finish your RP's here, but from this time forward this is no longer a viable location...

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Sweetness on a stick...

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My God, the amount of time and detail you put in to RPGing is Beyond amazing!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6 Feral Nova  Moderator

Well damn, this thing is massive

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarlet_

@paragonxxx@decibelle_

No Caption Provided

"Im so excited, uh-huh."

"And I just cant hide it, oh yeah."

"Im about to lose control and I think I like it."

There was a certain excitement in the air. A buzz of fresh joy and anticipation that young Julie McConnell couldn't hide. This was the year she was not going to live on the merits of her family name, but be recognized as Julie.

Being a McConnell had its perks, but it had its downfalls when one sought independence as a woman in the world. Where her friends where going off to the Maldives, Italy, and Spain, she was going to network, get a summer internship and make a name for herself for her own future.

She marveled at herself in the mirror. This was the face of a successful woman. This was her moment. Something that not even her overbearing older-sister, Blake, could squash. Her smile began to crack, hating to hide her summer plans from her brothers Newton and Peter. She admired those two so much that she knew she had to apply somewhere safe from the McConnell influence - Century City being her choice. She had thought of Gothic City, but...well she vowed never to be caught dead in Gothic City. After all, she was a McConnell even with the best attempts to hide it. Julie went so far as applying for this internship under the guise of Julie McCann. She was ready to hit the world, cleaning the bathroom for one last time and come back an accomplished woman. Her smile became wide once more, only to flush the toilet for no reason which always reminded her of her twin Ringo. This would be something not even he would attempt to squash.

She glanced at her reflection one last time before making her way to her ride ready for her at the McConnell Estate. She took a deep breathe as she made everyone belief she was spending the summer somewhere else, uttering her hopes in a low tone. "Good-bye McConnell Estate. Hello Century City"

Century City

later that day...

No Caption Provided

"I hate this damn song," Julie uttered, once loving the REM hit 'Everybody Hurts,' but it was now her that was hurting. It was an unusual feeling. Her plans didn't go as planned. She envisioned walking into the biggest publisher in Century City and walking out a made person. She only faced with rejection with a capital R. It was something she did not know how to handle. Who knew a news publisher actually checked references.

"My life sucks." She said aloud, downing her glass as if there was no tomorrow. The joy of life was easily squashed by the cruel world as she sought anybody that listened. "...And when I walked out, my heart torn out by the stupid editor, I eventually found myself in this place called Carver's Square where this skate boarder tried to get my number. Like who still skateboards in their twenties? The memory made Julie taste her breakfast in the evening hours. It had a bitter taste than she remembered when she ate it before she left.

Julie slammed her empty glass upon the bar, looking at the bar-tender. "How much do I owe you?"

The bartender shrugged. "You've been drinking nothing but soda since you got here. Fountain drinks are free."

Julie merely winked at the bartender, drunk in her despair, "I owe you."

Julie's next steps seemed to take forever as her mind tried to contemplate her next move. Her mind made each patron she passed seem to stare with judging eyes or whispers of gossip how she got denied the job. It was a horrible feeling, one that seemed to engulf her but something in her sparked from within. She was a McConnell. She wasn't Julie McCann. She was Julie freaking McConnell and where she was from that meant something. It meant she was an overcomer. Not some loser nobody.

She turned to the crowd as she reached the door, knowing that there were plenty of opportunities out there as she stood before the entrance into the city. It just needed a McConnell to conquer it, even if they did not know it was a McConnell that did the conquering. She could find a stupid summer gig. She was smart. She was pretty. She was determined. Sure she needed a place to stay and a job but those were trivial in her pursuit.

Avatar image for deactivated-642cae21c72ce
deactivated-642cae21c72ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Linda has lived in Century City for a full year now, made a name for herself as both a normal person and a vigilante. Also as a professional thief. When asked about what she does for a living, she simply says that she is a sales representative. And in a sense, she is. She sells the things she steals for the money and then gives half of it to the poor. She has no real job to speak of, preferring to live as free as she can with no constraints to tie her down.

No Caption Provided

Lost in thought, Linda very nearly runs into another young woman who reeks of alcohol. She tilts her head to the side before she blinks, a blank expression on her porcelain features. Immediately, she analyzis this girl in front of her as if she's an object, -Young. Beautiful. Drunk. Lost. Down on her luck.-

Could be just a young woman out for a drink, but Linda knows that look. She's been there herself and that reminds her of where she came from. But before she can utter a single word, they are surrounded by several men. Most of them are drunk too, speaking things not fit for the human ear.

Linda is disgusted by them, hearing the obvious leader of the pack smile in a half-drunk daze, "Where yous ladies going? We knows where a good party is."

The blonde bombshell knows exactly where this is going as the men step closer to them. -Filthy pigs!- She thinks to herself. She can't leave the stranger here to face these men alone. And with an escape blocked on all sides, Linda voices one warning and only one. Staring down the leader, she says, "We're not interested and if you don't leave us alone, I'll break every bone in your body." Hands by her side, they slowly curl into fists as the men laugh at her. Incredulous that she can do anything to them.

The leader tries to grab Linda, his smile silently telling her he doesn't believe her, but he suddenly and unexpectedly finds himself with his back on the ground. This is followed by the snapping of his arm as it breaks. Releasing him, Linda glances at the other men who remain standing, staring at her completely dumbfounded because she just took down a 6'3" tall guy who weighs in at 240 lbs like he was nothing. But then all chaos breaks loose as they all begin to try and fight Linda.

The scream queen is there one second, gone the next, as she moves with the grace of a dancer to avoid being punched, blocking and parrying blows before delivering counterstrikes of her own. One of them manages to strike her, but Linda merely wipes away the blood before she slams her foot straight under the man's chin. The entire fight is over in under 60 seconds.

Linda looks at Julie, not knowing her name, and attempts to grab her hand to try and pull her away from the scene, "Come on, let's get out of here." She says, hoping Julie will come with her. Once an adequate distance away, she introduces herself at last with a smirk and an impish grin, "Names Linda, you?"

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scarlet_

@decibelle_:

No Caption Provided

Julie's attempt of hope was quickly dashed when leaving the establishment. It was day one, and Century City continued to rain down on her aspirations. When she bumped into the blonde, she could feel actual judgement. She probably thought she was some eager prostitute with red hair scouting the area. If being judged as a prostitute wasnt bad enough, she reeked of alcohol even though she didnt even purchase a drink - the waitress bumped into her and spilled multiple drinks upon her, and it wasnt even a Cosmopolitan. She stunk, she was unemployed, and now she figured she was about to be gangraped in an alley by some guys who probably had no future aspirations of long-term goals and no clue about a 401K.

The taste of her breakfast found her way into her mouth once more as she could feel the leader's gaze stare at her through her clothes as if they were not even on. Her eyes looked down, not wanting to look at the sad inevitability which they were about to partake, hearing only Linda showing signs of bravery she wished she possessed. She closed her eyes, clenching them tightly much like every muscle in her body. She could hear the grunts and moans come from blonde, hoping she would tire the group before they reached her. Then there was a silence, her eyes opening once more to see how close they were only to see the group of men on the alley pavement.

No Caption Provided

Julie had no words. She looked at the blonde. The blonde looked at her, feeling the blonde's hand grab hers with her words leading the way out of trouble. Julie could nothing but nod, asking only for one second as she went to the fallen leader of the group, staring at his unconscious body and feel all the emotions build in her as Century City smacked her in the face since the moment she stepped foot within its boundaries. Her hands clasped her purse straps only to unleash a powerful blow onto the wanting assailant.

Julie then trailed the blonde as they departed, racing past parts of the city she knew not yet not knowing if the blonde was leading her toward another path of Century City misfortune. Julie didnt look back, keeping her eyes focused on only what was in front of her, which was the blonde until she stopped.

She said her name was Linda. She seemed normal, outside the fact that she just took out six ruffians. Everything was still racing so fast in her head, Julie gesturing for another moment . Reality was beginning the meet realization, Julie fully realizing what they had just escaped, forcing her bite her bottom lip as she tried not to cry.

No Caption Provided

My name Julie, she uttered still exhausted from the run. Julie Mc...Cann. Julie had to correct her Century City disguise even in front of the person who just saved her.

You kicked ass back there. It reminded me of my brother Peter. He's the ass kicker of the family. He boxes though. Did you do that ass kicking through ka-ra-te? Her hands gesturing some chops and kicks.

It was more of a platitude for Julie not caring how she escaped. It was her way of continuing the conversation. Im really grateful you were there. Thanks alot.

Julie's poseur slumped, her gaze looking upward at the sky, fully expecting a lightning bolt to strike her where she stood. I just arrived in Century City expecting to get a job. I didnt get it. Ive applied at twenty looking for a place to stay for the summer with noone calling me back. So Im unemployed and homeless, and all in the first two hours in Century City. In the other time Ive been hit on by a guy who belonged in the TLC song 'No Scrubs', Ive had a tray of drinks spilled on me, and until I met you I was about to be gangraped with no Vaseline. Other than that, my day is going swell.

She didnt expect to confess all her mishaps with Linda, but she did. How about you?

She looked at her savior, realizing the moment taking her time as well. Hey, uhm...allow me to buy you a meal. Its the least I can do for saving me. I dont know whats good around here, but Im sure you do.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

I was about to be gangraped with no Vaseline.

..........I'll be keeping that image in my head,

Kidding great post as always

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_: (OOC: Love Julie so far! ^_^ Also, sorry for assuming she was smelling of alcohol, I honestly thought your character was drunk. My bad).

Linda gives Julie that one second as she waits patiently as the bombshell of a redhead smashes her purse onto the man's face before the two women make their departure. And finally they stop when they are both far enough away. Again, the scream queen is patient as Julie gathers her wits.

-The poor thing must be scared about what just happened back there.- Linda thinks. Ordinarily, she would have been as well if it wasn't for the fact she's a vigilante and is used to dealing with scumbags like that on a near-daily basis.

After Julie introduces herself, Linda smirks, giving a nod of acknowledgment, "Nice to meet you." Then watches with some amusement as the redhead chops the air with karate punches and kicks. Tilting her head to the side, she answers calmly, "Something like that, yes."

-So, her brother's a boxer and his name is Peter. Good to know.- Linda files that one away into her memory because she's going to remember that later. If it's one thing she loves, it's learning all she can about those she meets and that includes potential allies and enemies. They can be a potential resource or something to avoid in the future.

Shrugging dismissively, "Your welcome." Linda says, placing a hand on Julie's shoulder and looking her in the eye, "Us girls have to stick together in a city like this." And there's a lot of story to tell in just that one sentence.

Then after briefly giving Linda her life story, Julie makes an offer. This is met with a smirk, "Century City has hit some hard times lately so finding a job is going to be hard."

No Caption Provided

At the offer of a meal, Linda smiles knowingly, "With what money? If you don't have a job, then how are you going to pay?" She has a point, but honestly, she doesn't know how much money Julie has left in her purse. "But if your hungry, I'll pay. You need to hold onto whatever little you might have left."

Then Linda suggests a place to eat, "There's a place near here if you like Thai food. There, we can talk about potential job opportunities."

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_: I suck at site transitioning, so you can lead to the Thai restaurant or whatever.

No Caption Provided

Julie smiled holding back laughter of Linda asking about her financials. She was a McConnel after all. Sadly, Linda was unaware of that information, even under her McCann identity. Pulling out her cell phone from her purse, she did not if Linda was one of the less fortunate or oblivious to the finer things. I didn't say I was destitute. I came with credit cards and of course there is always cash app. I never leave home without it.

Julie was more than able to pull her rouse for as long as she needed, but she knew she couldn't allow the whole truth to be revealed to Linda. I established a savings before coming to Century City. I know it wont last forever though, even if she could, so I was somewhat naïve in thinking that the Gazette would hire me even if I believe they should have. I can definitely afford a meal to someone that saved my life.

Linda seemed sincere enough to a total stranger. She appreciated that. She was so informative yet seemed so aware of what she wanted, and she loved Thai which was also important. Im serious, Linda. Just point the way because I'm all about to listen about potential jobs. Rent can be a biotch though, you knowing it more than I in Century City, so outside of avoiding the Drummond area, I may have to look for a rental in Hannigan. Its not my top choice, but like I said, I have to choose wisely, even if it means Ramen every day. So if you have any connections that could help me out that would be great as well. Now lets go eat.

wild cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wild cat

What..the actual fork. This is awesome! What a fleshed out world/city!!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wild_cat: Thank you! ^_^

And ya might want to censor that word. Just a suggestion. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Linda sees that Julie is dead set with buying her a meal after proving she has the means to do it. So the redhead's hero thumbs in the direction behind her with a flashy smile, "Well, alright then. Let's go."

The Thai Resoraunt

After ordering fried rice with tofu and cashews along with a cup of water to drink, Linda sits at a table with Julie. Already her mind is swimming with some possibilities but to get a sense of her newfound friend's skills she knows to know more about her in order to better help with her situation. Wouldn't want to be stuck with a job one cannot perform.

Folding her hands on the table, Linda looks Julie in the eye as they wait for their food, "So. Before I start making suggestions, I'd like to know what kind of skills you have. More importantly, what are you looking to do here in Century City? What are your dreams aspirations?" And answering these questions will allow Linda to think up possible solutions.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_:

Julie savored the hot rice and tangy flavor of mango hitting her mouth as it took a moment for her to fully register Linda's question. They were simple questions, especially in Julie's current situation. She found it odd that even though she had asked Linda for help, Linda's use of key words such as 'skills' and 'aspirations' made Linda sound like her sister, Blake. This was the second time in under an hour that Linda reminded her of her own family. Had she grown homesick already or was there just something about Linda that she couldnt place yet.

No Caption Provided

Skills? Julie asked with a full mouth, asking for a moment to swallow her food while also trying to conceive a proper backstory that molded both Julie McConnell and Julie McCann. I speak a few languages, in which she did due to the affluency of the McConnell status. Spanish, Japanese, and some French. She looked dead into Linda's eye trying to hide that truth with a lie. My father was in the military so I picked up a few things here and there when we moved.

I did pretty well in school. Which was quite an accomplishment for the money her parents paid for her and Ringo's schooling but didnt want to blow her disguise over a meal so she considered vagueness her ally. I play piano due to our neighbor teaching me when my father was on deployment. I kept to myself alot. I tried to avoid all social media outlets. I found it too petty.

Julie took a deep breath trying to answer Linda's aspiration question. Linda wouldnt know how much pressure growing up as a McConnell would be. It was almost like being a Kennedy. Living up to the name was always tedious in her opinion. From the tales her parents told about Blake, it was like a double shadow which hovered over her. I want to make something of myself, Linda. And Im not talking about being an actor or something like that. I want to make a difference but something different than my family. My sister is in the military too. My oldest brother is an engineer. Next is an athlete. And then last one is just...well, he tries well. I think. Not really, but I mean well. I want to be able to speak for those who cannot be heard. Its why I applied at the Gazette. It may sound corny but I want to write an article which says I hear you, and now so do others. I mean Im a great writer. My brother writes fanfic all the time.

Julie looked at Linda's meal as it spoke to her. This may sound odd, but can I have a piece of your meal? Its looks interesting. She said with a smile. So you think I have a shot, Linda, or am I going to end up at Hooters or something like that? I know I dont have the biggest cups, but Im young and firm. It has to account for something, right? Julie winked, signaling she was joking about that line of work.

What type of connections does Linda know? Julie asked curiously. Im looking for real work, Linda. Maybe even branch off on my own if I can get to know how the industry works.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_: (OOC: SORRY it took a month to reply to this. We are officially back in business! AND if you notice the title, Century City is now in the CV2!)

As Linda listens to how Julie answers, a once junior high school reporter's instincts kick in and tell her the red-headed bombshell is also being deliberate with her own answers but also careful not to reveal too much. A grin plays at the corners of her lips, though, "Social media gives toxic fandom too much of a voice. I don't have any of that either." Not even Facebook.

So, she wants to write... Linda thinks to herself, feeling the familiar reporter's passion rise within her. At the question on weather she can have a piece of her meal, she nods as she offers some to her, "Go for it." And then she giggles at the boob joke, "Well, I'm not into girls but even I have to acknowledge your a knockout. But there's better work for you than sucking up to some schmuck who won't appreciate you." And let's face it, Hooters wouldn't do Julie any favors.

As for what kind of connections Linda has, her eyes sparkle like stars it seems like when she answers, "I used to be a High School reporter, even ran the paper for 3 years. It's those kinds of connections I have." And a lot more besides that, but she doesn't mention that part because those are...less savory connections that Julie doesn't need to know. "I have more than enough experience and pull to start my own paper. So if you want to make a difference, Julie, we can start with that if being a reporter interests you?"

This is perfect! Linda thinks triumphantly. I can use this new paper as a front for what I do, what we both do, while I play the professional thief on the side. Julie can make a difference and I can use this to get the law off my back when I need to.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scarlet_

@decibelle_:

Julie could have anointed Linda for sainthood on the spot as she didnt hesitate to gobble up what little Linda had left of her meal. Julie knew it was an awkward question, but she didnt get that vibe from Linda, or at least she thought that. Julie would feel pride as Linda complimented her about her appearance, even after the ordeal they had just experienced.

Julie's interest became razor sharp as Linda started in on her connections. It was quite impressive, one even worthy of the Gazette and then she transitioned into something totally unexpected - freelance writing. This was perfect, she thought. Julie could use this business endeavor as a way to reach out onto her own as she was guided by Linda throughout the city. Linda could be a way to do what she wanted to do without the chance of being recognized as a McConnell.

No Caption Provided

O-M-G! Julie said aloud. That is such a great idea. Freelance reporting. Like guerilla reporting the way Gordon Knott does it on World Press News. I love that guy as much as I love the idea. Julie's face would easily seen to be thinking and talking at the same time, a skill she had learned long ago with her brother Ringo. We could start our own website and even youtube our stuff. I had a friend that even created a makeup blog where she got paid due to the amount of subscribers. We could definitely get more subscribers than her page.

The plan had merit, Julie's mind going off onto a future tangent when her facial expression went blank when she thought of the obvious - initial investment. The access to the McConnell money was limited as she had to move cash around into a savings where she wouldn't be located. It was a great plan but the Gazette didn't pan out. Starting up a business and rent would chew into the amount she had faster then she had wanted.

Uhm...Linda, she said with a concerned tone. The offer is great but where did you plan on staging this news outlet? I have some holdings but to help pay rent for a headquarters and rent would stretch me out pretty thin, even if I had to live in the roughest part of town.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Linda gives a little smile as Julie scarfs up the last bits of food on her plate, Like a kid who was given candy. She thinks that Julie is acting cute.

The pleased look in Linda's eyes suggests she is happy that Julie loves the idea. The wheels are turning inside that pretty red head, but so too is the thinking process of the blonde bombshell. While ultimately self-serving, Linda's idea has the added benefit of helping Julie and that is great news for them both. The mention and suggestion of YouTube, along with a blog, is not something the scream queen thought of but of no less value. This could put them both ahead of the online newspaper called 'Off the Record', written and edited by some lone guy who refuses to show his face.

But as excitement turns into concern, Linda waves it off dismissively, "I was thinking somewhere in Quincy Flats." She says, withholding the fact she wants to be closer to the underground meta-human fight club so they can make additional money on the side. As great as YouTube and Blogging are, they both take time to be true money makers. "As for rent, I have a suggestion. How about become roomies? Share an apartment and split the rent 50/50?" Now, there's an idea...

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_:

Since she was new to Century City, Julie would rely on Linda's insight on the Quincy Flats suggestion. There had to be a reason she chose such a location and in time, she was sure she would know. She didn't have enough information to counter such a suggestion nor would she challenge it, this was the woman who saved her life.

The revelation of rooming made sense. Julie's head would nod, visually liking the idea with an obvious smile. Julie's thoughts began to move faster again, thinking of the possibilities. Rooming together would be awesome! I'm low maintenance. Don't snore. You probably wont even know I'm there.

She would wink playfully, And if there is someone special and you need alone time, just say pineapples. That will be our special word. You probably will use it more than I since I'm a career focused woman at the moment - in other words, a free agent.

Just out of curiosity, how do we get to Quincy Flats from here? she said with an uneven smile. The faster we get this thing rolling the better the machine runs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

Pineapples, huh? Linda thinks, I guess that works. She smiles like a sly dog, playing along because they both know what Julie means on that one. It's one of those hidden messages girls like them send each other. And never in a million years did she think she'd be a roomie with someone.

No Caption Provided

With their meal done, Linda gets up and makes a small gesture to follow her. Once outside, they go for a walk. "We take my car." It's a bit a ways since they came to the restaurant on foot. But once they arrive, the car is revealed to be a nice two-door Subaru. Looks fast too.

With a click of a button, Linda unlocks the car, "Get in, it won't bite." She smirks, getting in the driver's seat before buckling up and starting the engine, which hums to life.

"Do you have any kind of vehicle?" Linda asks as she begins driving. If Julie doesn't, they will have to think about getting her one.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_:

Julie smiled nervously as the two stopped in front of the blue sedan. Julie didnt know the make or model of the vehicle since she relied on her butler, Walter, alot when it came to vehicles. Even when she had to drive, she knew she wasnt the best driver. She had been in a few fender benders in the past. Few being an optimal word to define her driving record.

This is quite a ride, Linda! Julie exclaimed trying to get more information from it. Julie stared at the Subaru symbol not knowing if it was American or Japanese made. All she knew it wasnt Italian or German. She made a gesture near the handle, waiting for it to open. She swiped it once more with still no response, then pretending to buff the side of the car incase Linda saw her unfamiliarity with the vehicle.

It was then Julie heard Linda ask her a question. Do I have a vehicle? Julie restated. Of course. Its a used one. Not as nice as this. I mean, I wish I had a car like this. I hear this make and model are well built. Would you recommend this make and model as something I should buy? My car's flux capacitor keeps giving out, she laughed aloud, knowing she heard that term with a car in some movie.

Julie finally managed to open the car door, sitting in the passenger seat and buckling herself in. Julie gave the thumbs up as she was ready to embark on their endeavor. I had planned to use Uber and public transit when I arrived in Century. I could easily call a relative to drop off my car if its a problem here.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Closure

a lot of thought was put into this wowow

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

"Thanks!" She says with a glorious smile when Julie compliments her on her ride before getting in. Then upon noticing the redhead's unfamiliarity with a simple car door, Linda leans over to opens it for her from the inside.

Linda smirks at the flux capacitor comment as she decides to run with it and add in her own bit, "Then have Doc fix that, he's good with Delorians and flux capacitors." Thus, clearly showing she has seen the Back to the Future movies. In a more serious tone she says, "And yeah, I would recommend Subaru's. They are excellent cars that are easy to maintain and inexpensive."

Then with a wave of her hand, Linda says, "Yes, call in for your car. The public transportation system is overcrowded just as in any city. But hey," She says with a mild shrug, "If you want to use the public transportation, go for it. Century City doesn't suffer from nearly as many traffic jams as New York or Los Angeles, thanks to that." She points up and if Julie chances to look up through the windshield, she'll see a car that is actually flying through the air above. But not just one...many of them. What kind of city is this?

Avatar image for urmomus_maximus
urmomus_maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This is just like Jupiter's Legacy: Requiem. I did not know there were other fans of Mark Miller.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: you replied. This got burried with cv2 stuff. My bad. Ill get to it this weekend

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scarlet_

@decibelle_: Julie smiled nervously, not knowing what a Subaru was. Julie always knew she was sheltered, but with Linda, she could have come from another planet. Julie couldnt call Walter, the butler, as the McConnell's cars were definitely not Subarus. The thought of buying one though would cause too many questions.

Julie looked at her phone, pondering what to do as she scrolled through her contact list, wondering who to call and what to say. Linda gave an innocent gesture which made Julie look upward rather than straight ahead. Julie was amassed at all she hadnt noticed. It was a swarm of technology which trapped her words from escaping. Julie smiled like a gleeful child, looking directly at Linda. I think I will take the public transport. My car cant do what that and we are to be the voice of the people, are we not? Now lets see this place in Quincy Flats? Girls just want to have fun is what I always say.

It was a simple reference yet short lived, as Julie's eyes went big. Her attention went away from the skyward cars and she could have sworn from the corner of her eye she saw something illegal. OMG, Linda. That street we just passed. I saw someone getting mugged. We got to call the police.

The_Superstar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(The new stomping grounds)

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superstar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: I'm not either? Sorry, but what's the question?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superstar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

No Caption Provided

Linda is about to answer that last question when she hears that someone is getting mugged. The police will get here far too late. She narrows her eyes because in a split second she is about to decide whether to let Julie in on a little secret or not. She doesn't want the redhead to know what she does on a nightly basis.

If Linda leaves the poor victim and just calls the cops, that might be enough to make Julie happy. But not Linda. She may be a thief, but she's also a vigilante, cracking skulls where the Cops cannot. "Julie, hold onto something," Linda says, looking in her rearview mirror and spotting flashes of light coming from an alleyway. That is no ordinary mugging!

Suddenly slamming on the breaks, tires burn rubber as she maneuvers the car into a sideways spin until it faces the opposite direction. Then the car takes off like a rocket, racing back towards where they came, "Watch this." She says, activating a series of hidden buttons as police sirens start blaring just in time to see the mugger running away after slamming on the breaks and looking into the alleyway. A few more button presses and a call is made to the police to pick up the victim.

Linda turns to smirk at Julie, "Pretty cool, huh?" Linda makes it look like her car made the police siren sounds, but it was actually the woman herself.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_:

No Caption Provided

Linda's plea for Julie to grab onto something caught the red-head off-guard, as did the sudden shift in her weight as her body swayed harshly toward Linda, the driver and then to the door as Linda made the car swerve as if she was auditioning for the Fast and Furious series. The smell of rubber lingered in the air as she thought her heart would rip out of her chest as Linda slammed on the breaks.

There was a moment of appreciation that they were both still alive, her hands rubbing her neck making one final check that everything was fine as Linda winked. We are just full of surprises today arent we?

The dashboard of buttons in Linda's Subaru was quite fascinating, as were the flying cars revealing the great wonders of Century City. She heard the police sirens in the distance, but just as quickly she exited the vehicle, gesturing Linda to follow her.

No Caption Provided

Julie grabbed her phone, swiping it on to the selfie mode she was quite familiar with. She quickly fixed her hair disheveled hair, quickly realizing that heels should never be worn again in their future endeavor. Hello... Hello! I am Julie McCann, reporting in Century City. Crime on the street, has it hit too many of us. This station just witnessed a mugging in broad daylight, the person behind me the latest victim to chaos. Julie turned to the person gathering themselves on the alley street as her body shielded them and she spoke in a low tone, You okay? Want to do an interview. I can photo shop you out if needed.

As a person who just visited Century City, I too have experienced first hand the crime in the city. Will it ever stop. I dont know. Maybe the city needs a hero. Maybe it doesnt, but what it does need is the truth, and Century City can rest assured that Julie McCann will be there to tell it. Julie winked past her phone, trying to gauge any reaction from Linda as the news just fell into their laps.

The_Superstar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Century City
The New Hero of the Century?

Many individuals used the hover system Century City had developed to lower traffic congestion when it came to travel on the city's roads, at least in the Society Hill part of town. It was safe, efficient, no matter how many cars crowded the airways. Several safety systems were in place. Any failures could be quickly dealt with.

Usually.

This was one of those one in a million chances.

One singular, silver-colored hover car had been traveling fine enough on its own, heading towards the area just outside Battenberg Heights where a number of restaurants for fine dinging could be found. An entire family was inside the vehicle, possibly going out for a meal together or as a special occasion.

John didn't know for sure. His super-hearing had only tuned in once they started screaming and the subsequent sound and smell of an engine piece bursting and shredding itself to pieces with a few small combustions occurred.

Then it fell. And nothing went to try and stop it.

There must have been an electrical or coding problem along with the engine problem. Something keeping it from being registered as a potential airborne threat and would cause collisions on the way down with other cars if it weren't stopped.

A one in a billion chance.

In two seconds, the car would collide with another car unless the other vehicles managed to avoid or swerve around it.

Assuming the self-driving vehicles could register and react in time for that.

A one in a trillion chance.

It took a fraction of a picosecond for the suit to be summoned. Another nanosecond to get it on his body. Half a second to fly and approach speeds that should shatter window all around. Nothing happened. Just a slight rumble of air as something traveling fast began to close in the general direction of the car.

John had been heading towards the Labyrinth on foot, passing out the Brisby Flats. Which meant he was nearly on the other side of the city.

One second left.

It took another fraction of a second to locate the car among all the other noises and sounds and distractions. Another nanosecond to determine the best course of action with a picosecond to double check himself.

A half a second to close in.

The next car, a black yet more sleek vehicle with two passengers inside, did not have a chance to look up.

They screamed as a blur flew towards them.

Then nothing.

Sitting only a few inches, a few centimeters above the vehicle, was the silver car, stopped and slowed while all the passengers inside both vehicles were safe and sound despite it all. One hand held it aloft as it had shot out and caught it at the last moment, supporting the entirety of its front from colliding with the next car.

The blur came into focus for all to see. A man clad in blue, red, and accented here and there with yellow. A red flowing cape with the same S-symbol on the back of it as well as on his chest.

A new hero had arrived.

And just in the nick of time as all heroes do.

"I apologize for the scare, everyone. However, I believe I should be getting you all back to safety."

Shifting the car in his hands, the vehicle was no longer held in one but by two and it sat raised over his head as if he were carrying something over himself to cover his head from rain or sunlight.

The flight to the nearest skystop was smooth, smoother than any hover car or air bike could ever hope to match. It was serene, peaceful, and there seemed to a sort of strength to it.

Like the family inside would never fall again.

The sound of metal making contact with the ground was heard by all as the silver vehicle was set down gently and softly, like a mother with a newborn baby.

The man in blue knocked on the door's window a few times.

"Is everyone alright? Can you get out? If not, stand back."

After the father of the group pressed a few buttons and nothing happened before shaking his head, the superhero nodded his head, understanding, before motioning everyone to back up a little. His hand felt purchase on the door handle.

And pulled.

A small snap echoed before the door came free, opening along its hinges.

"Are you sure you all are okay? Does anyone need any sort of help or medical assistance?"

He glanced around as he began speaking loudly, and his voice carrying a higher timbre to it despite only adjusting his voice a little. Everyone at the skystation would hear it easily, no matter what.

"Someone call emergency services and a hover tow truck. Now, please."

He smiled as he pulled everyone out, one by one carefully making sure each and every person was situated, with a strength and gentleness that belonged to people who made it their job to ensure others were safe and sound. Calls were made and emergency services should be on their way. Tears were shed and hugs were given.

The mother and children crying most of all as the father tried to keep it together, to corral them all that everything would be alright.

The man in blue kept his distance, respecting their need to air their emotions as he stood on standby, only gently offering his cape to be wrapped around the entire family.

His way of offering comfort, as little as it might be.

". . ."

He looked to the sky and smiled only a little.

He had been here in time. He would always be there in time.

Always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

No Caption Provided

I'm not the only one full of surprises... The thought shoots like an arrow in Linda's mind as Julie reports the news, And we haven't even decided on a name yet.

But it's charming, no...it's cute. Julie is enthusiastic, popping with energy that the paper will need. Linda smiles at the redhead, glad the situation worked out as well as it did. The scream queen really didn't need to suit up as Decibelle because she'd rather keep that side of herself hidden from her new friend and roomie.

I never envisioned myself running a newspaper outside of High School. But here they are, their first story! A mugging that could have gone wrong. Except it didn't. Is Julie a good luck charm?

Linda walks over to Julie, swinging her arm around her shoulders, "So...what do you think we should call our new paper, hm? The Raw Truth? The Daily Splash?" She crinkles up her nose at the last one, "Hey, since your going to be the face of this paper, how about you name it?"

Avatar image for deactivated-642caa2a45b15
deactivated-642caa2a45b15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: Made two new entries to the HEROES, VIGILANTE'S & OTHER GROUPS

Here they are for ease of reading without having to look it up in the original post.

Decibelle: While new in Century City, the vigilante known as Decibelle has already made multiple newspaper headlines about her numerous thefts of the rich elite and war on crime in the worst parts of town.

The Superstar: Often confused for being Superion by Century City's residents, the Superstar's origins are completely unknown. Although this makes him something of an enigma, his intentions seem pure as his heroic status makes him a rising star.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Scarlet_

@decibelle_:

No Caption Provided

Face of the paper? The suggestion caught her totally off guard as she stammered somewhat at the thought. I mean...I thought we can both be anchors. That way we can cover more of the city. Divide and conquer, you know?

As for the name, the Daily Splash sounds good. The sounds of the police cars hovering over their location came to no surprise. With a flirtatious wave at a couple of the officers she saw that Century City couldnt be all that bad. Hey...Linda...why dont we introduce ourselves to the local police. Just so they know that their is a new business on the scene, she said as she bit her bottom lip toward one officer. Unless you know them already?

Hi! She said softly as one passed her by. Her wandering mind was broken by the sound and vibration of her cell phone. The tone was a familiar one, one that she couldnt ignore. She also only knew one person that would call instead of text and that would be Walter, the McConnell butler. Julie had an immense respect for him, Walter being the one who tendered to her and Ringo since they were young.

Hello...she said with a joyous tone, expecting to hear the soft caring voice of Walter. @starspirit

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

No Caption Provided

It was rude, it was childish and it wasn’t funny, but there was no other way he would greet his baby sister than with the one word that defined their childhood. Therefore, at the moment he heard the word “Hello” from Julie’s mouth, he responded with a long, loud resonating “DERRRRRP!” Now whether or not his baby sister would speak back or even yell, he would continue his taunt for a good thirty seconds until either his voice would run out or the joke would have run it’s bit. Then after all of his sisters incessant whining over ‘why he called her’ or ‘choose to waste her time’, he would calmly wait for her to finish, just in time to say, “Do you really want to know?” followed buy a few short seconds of chuckles!

Shortly there after yelling “No No, Don’t hang up!” his voice takes a serious tone, or as serious as he can get with his sister, then begins yammering “Okay okay there is a real reason I called.” Taking another twenty seconds trying to convince her this was not a practical joke, he finally gets to the point, “There’s a package here for you!” Hoping to have finally gained her attention he goes on. “You must have ordered this before you left!” Picking up a small package wrapped in clear brown paper, with only the words Julie Reagan McConnell written on a label, he shakes it near the speaker for her to hear. “It doesn’t say who it’s from, it just has your name on it!”

Tired with the whole brotherly thing, his voice goes back to chuckles as he jokes back, “It can’t be a bomb because I sent that to you through Amazon!” Whether or not she laughed, he goes back to being indifferent, “Walter found it by the door and was going to inform you, but I insisted he let me as we haven’t spoken in so long…..so still ugly??” Again he laughs for no other reason than the enjoyment of these brother sister engagements as they are his way of saying “I love you!”

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibelle_: @starspirit:

No Caption Provided

The voice of Ringo on the other end of the phone call made her feel as if she was part of a horror movie. If anyone could ruin what she was laying down in Century, she had learned that Ringo would and has always been to foil to everything.

Package? Julie said aloud, trying to catch the tone of her voice in front of Linda. She had cursed a thousand expletives in her mind knowing what the package was. How could she forget such an important item. It was typically what Ringo did.

Julie gestured for a minute for Linda, catching one of the officers pass her by, but then focusing back on the call. Ringo...I need you to do me a favor. I need that package. Julie took a deep breath, only to invite Ringo to place she did not want him to be - here in Century City. I...need for you to do me a favor.

She never thought those words would escape her lips to Ringo since the last time she asked. It was a few years ago, but the effects still lingered in her memory so vividly. The words pretty much stuck together, rolling off like a hurt moan as if she was cutting off her own leg.

I need you to bring that package to Century City. Dont say anything. Just shut up and do it. Julie thought of different scenarios she could pitch to Ringo so it wouldnt catch too much of his attention at the drop off. Listen. Im not in the Maldives, she said trying to remember what she had told her family where she was going. She was running short of an answer as Ringo waited, but then she looked at Linda in the distance and something immediately popped in her head. I...got rerouted to Century City with a prospective sorority pledge. She had to deal with stuff in Century and being the lovely, giving person that we all know me to be I volunteered to help her during this time. Ill text you the address. Bring it to me and dont tell anyone or else I will tell Debbie Washerman what you really did last summer. Julie out

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ParagonxXx

Or you two can have fun

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_:

No Caption Provided

The voice on the other side of the phone was not Julie’s, or at least the one he expected. Knowing her like he did, he could hear the concern in her voice no matter how much she tried to hide it. But as she appeared to be the same flighty ball buster he grew up with, Ringo choose to treat her in the same way. Upon hearing the words, “I...need for you to do me a favor.” naturally he responded with a, “well what’s in it for me?” But shortly there after she drop the act and instead of trading verbal jabs with her twin brother, she immediately went into a serious “I need you to bring that package to Century City. Don’t say anything. Just shut up and do it.” At this point Ringo was all in, no matter what was on the line, for this was not just family in trouble, but his little sis. Therefore as she went on explaining where she was and how to reach her, he was already jotting down every word. Occasionally he would respond with a “What’s in the package?” or “What have you gotten yourself into?” but no matter what he said, Julie continued to speak over him. In the end she left him with a stern, “Bring it to me and don’t tell anyone or else I will tell Debbie Washerman what you really did last summer. Julie out!”

Immediately, Ringo yelled back out of desperation, “You wouldn’t dare! If she finds out that I….” but before he could finish his sentence he was greeted by that damn cold dial tone, after Julie had abruptly hung up. Wasting no time, he quickly informs Walter, “Hey Walt, I need the Jet fueled and ready, I got to go help Julie out again.” then chivalrously continues, “As only I can!” To which Sir Walter responds “Yes, of course sir. Good luck in Century City.” Immediately, Ringo does a double take, almost stopping dead in his tracks as he looks back and asks,“How did you know she was in Century City?” to which Sir Walter simply smiles as only he could and says,“I shall inform your parents you're are leaving and that you will be visiting your baby sister” then under his breath “as if they would ever believe that…” then proceeds to set everything in motion. In the mean time Ringo collected his pass port and some quick cash, but most importantly he placed the mysterious package in a bag that he flung over his shoulder, never once letting it out of his sight. But once the family jet was in the air and he was left alone with his thoughts, all he could think was “Julie, I hope to God you’re okay! as well as “Because whatever trouble you are in….I’m gonna hold it over your head for at least a year!”

@paragonxxx (ooc you can jump in any time. lets make this a McConnell family reunion)

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

@paragonxxx: @backstabber @shield-maiden

No Caption Provided

It wasnt a bad trip from Solace City to Century City. Ozzy actually couldnt have thought of a better situation, especially since he didnt have to fly next to Backstabber but instead he managed to sit next to an eager brunette from Toldeo. Her name was Tasha and she had to attend a wedding and some sight seeing. They had exchanged information, even tested the availability of their schedules for a meet up to see some sights. She was interesting enough to to explore further. She wasnt Ven, but that was the past, this was now. Tasha caught Ozzy's attention enough to remember he boarded the flight with another - Backstabber,

Hey man...Ozzy stated with a shove to his rib cage. You sure this is the place, Ozzy asked aloud as he looked through a pair of binoculars onto an apartment complex across the way from his described oak tree. Ozzy would wait for Backstabber to confirm anything, and also the fact that Ozzy went a little heavy with a sedative to get the hope of the universe to get onto an airplane. Ozzy never had drugged anyone before but Backstabber's actions were proving less then beneficial to Ozzy's time and the fate of the universe. Luckily Ozzy had watched many episodes of the A-team to know how Hannibal and Face dealt with Mr. T as all it took was a cup of chocolate milk and cookies and bam! Hello Century City. It was then Ozzy looked at his phone as it chimed - Hello Tasha! How could Ozzy turn down pictures.

Like...I have not seen Julie leave or enter this building. I think Im going to have to go in.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

@red-marvel: sfjc that's allot to read.... Is there a cliff notes version