Castle Lichter, Switzerland (CVU Location)

• 57 results
Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Lichter
No Caption Provided

Seat of House Lichter

Castle Lichter was built in the 16th century under the orders of the Lichter family, constructed high on a mountaintop overlooking the small village commonly referred to as the Lichter fief. Inhabited for generations by the lesser members of the family that commissioned its construction, the castle would later serve as a retreat for the family during World War II, protecting them and the citizens of the Fief from a secret Nazi offensive in Switzerland. With the conclusion of the conflict, the castle would later serve as the base of operations of the nefarious Count Untergang, none other than Otto von Lichter himself.

The castle is Gothic in nature, with massive spires and walls overlooking a serene view of the valley beneath. Built directly into the side of the mountain, Castle Lichter is practically unassailable, boasting stone battlements and iron-barred windows all throughout the complex. The castle was designed with a siege in mind, with various portions able to be sealed off from the inside. There are a plethora of secret rooms slipped into the designs by various Lichters, leading to different parts of the castle in a much more efficient way than simply walking through the hallways.

The Castle boasts an area of 650,000 square feet, along with around 900 different rooms. These include quarters for guards under the employment of House Lichter, chefs, scholars, and groundskeepers. Many of the Castle's rooms are empty, reserved for the citizens of the Fief should they ever require asylum. There have been several instances in which the town evacuated into the Castle, the most recent involving a highly dangerous winter storm.

No Caption Provided

The largest room in the Castle is the library, containing five million separate volumes in a multitude of fields, ranging from history to theoretical physics. Five separate librarians, who also serve as armed guards, patrol the enormous room; they are among the most friendly occupants of Castle Lichter, each willing to strike up a conversation whilst simultaneously helping someone find a book. In addition to the hard volumes of books, the library's center is a massive computer, used not only to organize the many works within, but to search the internet and conduct research.

The Castle's hallways and lounges alike are adorned in works of art, acquired over the generations of use. The Castle actually houses twelve different artists, who have each devoted their lives to providing works for the Castle's decoration. They alternate between living at their own homes around the world and lodging at the Castle, and are all paid handsomely for their work. In addition to this ever-growing collection of decorations, the Castle houses some original works by some Renaissance artists, including an original copy of Leda and the Swan by Da Vinci.

The Castle's food storage rooms and kitchens are always well-stocked and in constant operation. Most of the food is imported, but some of it is actually grown in-house in small greenhouses that line the Western Parapets. A rotating crew of fifty chefs keep the dishes well-prepared. They are paid handsomely for their service, but they often remark that working at Castle Lichter is its own reward. Like most employees, their families live in the Castle along with them.

The Castle has a garage that serves partially as a vintage car museum, and partially as a functional storage space for modern vehicles. These range from all-wheel drive trucks for wintertime to exotic cars when the weather improves. Additionally, one of the Castle's turrets can open to reveal a helicopter, which can leave the structure in under a minute should the need arise. Fuel depots help keep these vehicles operational, and a group of mechanics keep them in optimal working order. The most interesting addition to the collection was an experimental Nazi tank, captured during the secret Siege of Castle Lichter in 1942.

No Caption Provided

The Castle crypt is the only part of the building to have been completely redesigned. Having never seen much use anyhow, the crypt was essentially removed and replaced with a highly system of wall-to-wall computers and gadgets, with a generator that powers the entire Castle. Maintenance workers and engineers work on this level to keep the generator operating. The crypt's advancements in the fields of energy conservation and teleportational frequency are notably remarkable, but many of these secrets died with Otto von Lichter in 2015.

The Castle's armory is highly impressive, but also almost never utilized. While every guard in Castle Lichter is equipped with advanced firearms and even explosive weaponry (though it cannot be activated within the castle without proper authorization), there has never been an instance in which they have needed to use said weapons. The guard barracks has been integrated into the same living quarters as the rest of the employees; it's more of a locker room than anything.

The Throne Room, which only saw use in the last few years by Otto von Lichter, is itself quite magnificent. Banners inscribed with the family crest line the walls along with magnificent suits of armor, and the intricate stained-glass windows cast astonishing patterns of light upon the walls. The throne itself is truly remarkable.

Updates following Klaus' inheritance

Improbable Architecture / Octonomic Structure

The private half of the Castle, inhabited solely by the Lichter heir, has been redesigned entirely with pseudoscientific defense in mind. Eschewing clumsy sentry turrets and automated trapdoors in favor of esoteric non-EM energy walls and illusory corridors, the upper half of the Castle is practically in-navigable to any unaccompanied by Klaus himself as their guide. The walls have been lined with silver plating, the circuits within altered painstakingly by the Architect of Order to emulate the powerful technology within his gauntlets. These alterations would prove a lethal defense against any conceivable assault, functionally reality-warping the opponents' very life forces out of existence should he so choose. The upper half of the Castle is, for all intents and purposes, a domain controlled on an atomic level by the Lichter Heir himself. The labyrinthine halls alone would be enough to put a stop to any crusade against the Delver; the electric air is but overkill.

The Trophy Hall

Klaus prides himself as a collector of fine art, and no art might be more fine than the weapons and gadgets of uncanny avenger past. Arms and armor of both superheroes and supervillains line the walls, some gifts, some retrieved from decrepit lairs and faraway places. A centerpiece of the collection is Thales, Kai Aurelius' trident.

OOC / Rules

• As further described in the Identity Status blog, the Castle's location is a secret. There are no records of its presence, and detecting it via satellite imagery is unfeasible due to the architecture of the castle.
  • Standard rules apply; no godmodding, no-selling, or being a jerk in this thread.
  • If you wish to destroy anything please ask me first.
  • Finally, please place all your OOC comments / gifs in a spoiler block.
ZexionStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niiice joeeeeey

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lichter
ZexionStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Hnnnnnnnng I knew it was onee of you >.<

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing work!

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Hnnnnnnnng I knew it was onee of you >.<

No worries :)

@_drake said:

Amazing work!

Thanks! I wonder if one of the reasons why I'm not sticking with my characters is because they aren't affecting canon or developing a personal story. Making a location is a good way to do both.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: You talking with the wrong guy. When it's about dropping characters, I have no favorites. As you can see, I keep Drake and drop almost all others that (arguably) had more development.

Still, hope you're right, Jackie-boi.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Lichter's going to stick around because I have several arcs planned for him. Most characters I make are ideal for supporting someone else's story, but not necessarily starring in their own. Percival was close to what I needed, but it'd ruin the enigma of his character if I delved too deep into his motivations and / or backstory. Lichter, on the other hand, is a blank slate to work with. I won't lie, I'm excited.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Guess all I can say is good luck lol Will be keeping an eye out... Like always.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Nah, no parties now. Yesterday was enough for a week or two xD

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: So I've read ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Think my blood got richer with all the expensive stuff I drank lmao

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Have Drake get wasted IC, it'll make for a great one-shot!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: It's funny because Gintoki is wasted almost every week, so I already have an idea of how it'd go lol

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: You know what to do, Drake. You can't quit it...if you win it.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Of course I can quit it, I'm the Quitting God, not some rookie.

But I'll think about it lol

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Look to yourself for inspiration lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: I'll watch Gintama for inspiration. Like I do 100% of the time (when writing Drake).

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boss

Thanks man :)

@_drake said:

@lichter: I'll watch Gintama for inspiration. Like I do 100% of the time (when writing Drake).

Can't wait!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lichter
_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Really not in the mood for it. Actually, I don't even know if I'll write it, so no getting hopes up! Actually, forget about hope, that way it'll surprise you if it comes lol

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is cool and gives me ideas.

• Raid with Obsidian Knightfalls to establish them as a legitimate organization and threat.
  • Have someone join.
  • Make into some sort of political point with Sam.
  • Replace one of the cooks with a Shifter. Remember that? No you don't. :)
Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidianknight: Political point with Sam? He's just a wealthy dude living in Switzerland that inherited a castle lol

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: He's a corrupt capitalist stooge.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: You.

Anyways, I'm gonna raid for little to no reason.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lichter

@obsidianknight: But how do you know of his existence?

Just want to make sure you represent him properly. Also, nobody knows it's in the control of an 18 year old. It'd be like raiding a retirement home. So unless they're pure evil, there's literally no justifiable reason to. Just warning you of how this'll be perceived :)

EDIT: Please don't kill any of the civilians. Lichter's not even debuted yet, I'm not ready to turn him into a murderous psycho.

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lichter

@obsidianknight: I just mean...there's no reason to raid yet. Nobody should even really know about this place. It's in the first rule of the thread, man :)

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: lol I know. Just whining to whine.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lichter

@obsidianknight: Maybe after a little while? They can meet somewhere else eventually, but I've got this whole "coming-to-America" thing planned with Klaus...don't wanna reveal him to the world yet, y'know? After that RP is done I'll start using Klaus in regular interactions. :)

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Sounds good lol

We'll be stalking you wherever you go.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidianknight:B u t w h y y y

To everyone, IC, he's just a regular dude. Having a cadre of Knightfalls stalk him just because he's rich (though relatively much, much less rich than many other CV characters) doesn't make sense! His identity is a secret :)

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Is his relation to the super villain easily find-outable?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidianknight: Not at all. Klaus didn't even know until just now, but I have yet to post that blog.

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Won't go near the topic. Raid'll have to wait.

Will he be coming to Night Vale?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidianknight: Honestly, I doubt it. Not right away at least. Characters need time to establish themselves in their own element, you know? Preserving mood and all. Percival never appeared in anything remotely lighthearted until months after I established his personality.

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ObsidianKnight
Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidianknight: I'd like to focus my efforts on Lichter for now, but I hope Night Vale works out for you! Only hitch I can see is that it's kind of reliant on people knowing what it is. Otherwise, the appeal might not be there right away.

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObsidianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: After the family "excommunicated" Orpheus, he started recruiting other Knightfalls to his sort of secret sect. And thus, this alt.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By The Psyentist

@lichter: Since you don't want to throw this character into anything right away for development (a good idea, IMO), could we maybe start up a rapport? (This character just seems awesome, and I love this location thread!)

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Thanks, but maaaaybe not right now. I will definitely interact with the Rimefrost Society at some point. Before they interact here, I'd rather have him meet them at their HQ...but only after I have him come to America. Additionally, with the holiday right around the corner, I don't want to start any extended interactions until after it's done.

Still, I promise we'll interact eventually. As for right now, the Castle is still secret :)

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Ohhhh. Okay! And enjoy your holidays!

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: After "Coming to America," I promise :)

Likewise, if you still celebrate Thanksgiving in England.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Sadly, no Thanksgiving in London. xD But thanks.