Castello Cardinale: Liafador Winery (Sicily, Italy)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102 Feral Nova  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-603254cf2e22e
deactivated-603254cf2e22e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

He found himself soaring through the sky, Leonel. Gliding in misleading tranquility, a thick sea of clouds beneath him, a never-ending expanse of blue around him, the New God seemed at peace. He wasn't. His fury, his indignation was ever-present. His golden boy features, he held them in earnest, his eyes of sapphire blue wearing his heart's quiet intensity. The air breezed through his hair, his medium-length raven locks. It was the cold, the air. But his icy fury was colder still. 'This is Reality-M all over again', his mind echoed, fists tightening as he bit back a sneer. Gliding across the air, his fists seemed to tremble. Reality-M was repeating itself in the nU Reality, and every effort he'd made to grow into the warrior whose strength would prove enough to save Reality-M failed.

And the stress of it, of his family's separation, of the realization that this world seemed destined to share the fate of his, it'd left him deprived of his energies, leaving his personal quantum dimensional state to leak its energies and weaken. He was weaker now, as strong as his father but much weaker than before. He couldn't help but dwell on it. And dwell he did until he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He reached for it and answered. It was Maya. "I'm on my way", he promised and descended from the clouds. He accelerated and descended until before him stood the family winery. Adorned in his crimson leather jacket, denim jeans and black shirt, Leonel strode in, eyes quickly spotting Maya at the bar drowning her sorrows in glass after glass of wine. "Maya", he called out to her, his voice soft but steady.

Gliding towards her, he paused, resting a palm on her shoulder, "I missed you, sis", he smiled, wiping the tears from her eyes, "Come on, give me a hug".

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son:

“Leonel…” Maya’s eyes magnetically drifted toward her brother with jubilation, It’d been a while since they last seen each other, needless to say he could not hide his anger in a false façade, not from Maya. “I missed you too punk” She said, wrapping her extensive arms around his muscular frame.

Her brother was one of the most powerful beings on the planet, able to withstand the might of exploding stars, while toppling many armies. The question that lingered was why? Why didn’t Leonel choose to intervene? None of them; Alexis, Selene, Tassi, Leon or Maya were capable to actually confronting Ziccarra in a fatal battle, none of them would ever be able to bring themselves to slay her, but Leonel, he could.

As perplexing as the question was, she couldn’t bring herself to ask him, such a question would give the indication that she was placing blame. It was just so sad so many Spaniards were dying because of inept leadership.

“How are you holding up, I’m so glad you came, I need some normal in my life right now”

“Leonel…” She wiped not allowing herself to lose hold of the embrace. “I’m trying to stay in the fight. I-I just can’t help thinking…we’re going to have to kill her aren’t we…” She sobbed knowing losing her mother would be worse than losing Catalina.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador: @shanana

Faced with Maya's question, her concern, Leonel responded with nothing less than blunt honesty.. and a sigh. He felt his eyelids shut for a moment, his breath escape his lips with the subtle heave of his chest, and as eyes opened and found themselves holding Maya's gaze, the New God held his golden boy features in earnest and they seemed to darken then, if only for a moment. "I wanna smash mom's skull in", he paused, running his fingers through his hair, his other hand balling into a fist, trembling with indignation as he confessed to his sister his sentiments. "Everyday since I learned what happened, I've been envisioning myself storming the palace, running through everyone standing in my way and facing mom in her throne room".

He paused, not for dramatic effect, nor to allow his words to marinate in Maya's mind. He paused because here and now he would have to choose his words carefully. Maya, she wasn't like him. Her heart didn't beat with the same fury that his did. Nor was she born with the killer instinct that rendered him a natural-born warrior. He could be cold and ruthless, the New God. Maya? She was not unlike Tassiana. A sweetheart who lacked his hunger for battle, his fiery and competitive edge. She was the pacifist. The lover not the fighter. Where he would kill, she would spare and offer second chances. "They told me she tried to kill Tassi. To kill all of you. Maya.. I won't lie to you. Ever since knowing about that, I've made a promise to myself. That mom, she'll be stopped".

"Either we find a way to save her from... whatever it is that's doing this to her, if something is making her act this way. Or I crush her and throw her into the sun". He felt horrible. He felt horrible for not feeling horrible over what he'd just said. Catching sight of his sister's tears, Leonel again cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears with a brother's affection. "I'm gonna need you to be strong Maya. Because if it comes down to it, its going to be you running the family. We already had someone like me run it, and look at where she's brought us to. We need someone like. Kind, a heart of gold but also strong. Promise me you'll be strong", he paused, holding her gaze.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son:

Her head jerked, just slightly. She knew Leonel, he was a fighter; a protector of the family, but more importantly he was vengeful. Unfortunately for him; his protective nature forced him to be vengeful. In that moment, Maya didn’t see him as her brother, she saw him as the adoptive son of Ziccarra Liafador. He wanted her to be strong, to be the rock that held this family together, but that wasn’t her.

“I-I can’t Leonel” She replied marginally making eye contact. “Dad has not shed one tear since this all started, from birth I’ve always felt the closest to him. Because of it, I feel the pain; I feel his anguish, the confusion. He’s HURTING!” She shouted, drawing the attention from the nearby handlers.

He's hurting...
He's hurting...

“He’s hurting…” she said, again this time her voice much more docile. “But you…” she started fixing a type of judgmental gaze on him.

“Y-You sound just like her. You saw how she stormed into Asgard to protect our family; you know what Amora did to her Leonel. You know how hurt she was when she turned mortal again…how depressed. How could you honestly believe she wanted this?”

Maya hissed almost pulling away from Leonel in disgust. “Mom and Dad have tried to kill each other numerous times, but they gave each other second chances. Selene has tried to kill me; I forgave her. You have tried to kill me but I forgave you…” She explained trying to beg Leonel for a pardon on behalf of their mother.

“Something is wrong with her…you have to believe me.” Her voice settled just below a whisper, but no longer did she cry. Leonel was right this family needed a change. Throughout the entirety of the conflict Zeon, the family’s matriarch had been absent.

“What we need is someone who will protect this family by any means necessary…even if that meant killing HIMSELF. Who we need is Mark Antony…”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

Feeling his lips curl into a frown and his hands slide from her face, Leonel held Maya's gaze, in earnest as was his disposition. "That's because I am just like her", he paused, "If I wasn't, I would've never said it. But I am. I'm not like you, or Tassi or dad. I might look like him, I'm dad's son but I am mom's son". His sister's apparent disgust, it tore something in his heart, the manner in which she looked at him then, as if he they weren't family, as if he were a stranger she was simply friendly with, it was a feeling that could snuff a man's soul. It hurt. It hurt but he masked it as best he could. The situation, it was greater than any of their respective sentiments. "I don't think she wanted any of this".

"Odds are something really is wrong with her, but... if all efforts fail and we can't find a way to save her, I will put my guns up and shoot. You know this. Everyone knows it. You all knew it from the moment this happened. I love mom, but I love everyone else too. I'm not selfish enough to let the fact that I love my mother get in the way of me stopping her from killing the rest of my family. Because other than Zeon, nobody else has what it takes to end this once for all if need be. I don't aspire to be an ideal. I'm me. I know who I am, and I've never been ashamed of it. But when I look into your eyes at this moment and see that you can't even stare into mine for more than second, like I'm a stranger because I want to protect this family... that kills me more than anything mom can do to me".

"I've seen this before. A parent who rules a nation turn on everyone. I saw it when I should have been in kindergarten. I've seen mom turn against us before. Hell, I lived it. And because I didn't... couldn't stop what she and dad did, my world paid for it. You, dead. Catalina, dead. Tassi, dead. Selene, dead. I survived, I was lucky. But I was alone. For a very long time I was alone and that made me angry. That I watched my family die but was too weak to save them. It still makes me angry. But I'm not weak anymore. I've become a stronger version of myself. And I'll be damned if I let this turn into Reality-M 2.0. We'll try and save mom, we'll do what we can, but if that fails, I will put her down, even if it ends with all of you hating me. Because hate me or love me, I'd rather have you all alive than me looking for another universe after letting my family die again".

"As for Mark....", his features almost wore an angered tic at the name, "Yeah... I guess you're right about him".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son:

“I’m sorry Leonel” She retracted placing a somber hand on his shoulder. “You’ve lived through this once. You’ve seen what can happen if she’s left unchecked. I’m still having trouble believing it’s all real.” She explained folding her arms across her breast. “It’s just that, I don’t know what will happen If I lose her. I’ve never lost a parent. I know I’m not one of her most behaved children, but I do love her; and I think that’s what hurts me the worst.”

The fabrics of Maya and Ziccarra’s relationship weren’t like that of Leonel’s and Ziccarra’s, they clashed often; most of the advice Maya received came from her father…even if he regurgitated what Z had already stated. Maya was characteristically defiant, but more so when it came to her mother; what she was feeling now was nothing more than guilt.

“Mom once told me once…that I needed to be ready to accept the fact that anyone could become an enemy. I failed with Cat, I failed with Selene, and it appears I’m failing with her too…” She grew restless from standing, taking her seat; she allowed her index finger to trace the rim of her glass before turning her russet gaze back toward her brother.

“I know she must be stopped, and she will be. If that means killing her then…I guess I can accept that, but I will NOT be the one to do it. I’m not strong enough yet” Those words “I’m not strong enough” they meant more now that the Phoenix Force interrupted her tether to reality warping.

She had the power to end the entire conflict altogether, to make everything right. ‘The Purest heart’ but with the phoenix force present, she was liable to complete destroy all of reality something she wouldn’t risk. Not even for the safety of her own family.

“I’m not asking you to like Mark, I know that’ll probably never happen. But it’s time we included him on this too. Our mother is his grandmother, besides he loves us too in his own weird little way. Have you spoken to pop?” She asked changing the conversation in an effort to not tick Leonel off even further.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

Never far from a sigh, Leonel's lips expelled some air, his chest relaxing and his features softening at the touch of Maya's hand on his shoulder. "It's fine", he assured, "We'll always see things differently. Just... just don't look at me like that again", he jested, his smile growing into a tame chuckle. "I almost didn't wanna believe this was real. That it's happening again. But it's happening, and it's looking to be just as shitty as last time", Leonel paused, mirroring his sister's mannerisms, folding his arms before his chest. "Well.. we'll do everything in our power to make sure you don't lose a parent. But if it does come down to it, we'll make sure that you only lose one of them, not both of them.. like I did".

"You and mom were never really going to get along, not with you at this age. Down the line when you got older yeah, but not right now. You're too strong willed, too willing to say no, you move to the beat of your own drum, and mom is very traditional. She's as Spanish as they come, and the culture of the matriarch, the mother commanding the most respect in the family, its strong in her. She's very old school Spanish. You two were always gonna clash. I just hoped it was never on the battlefield", he sighed, a shake of the head silencing him for a moment. "Anyone can become your enemy. It's just how things are. That's why you always gotta be ready. That's why staying strong isn't enough. You have to get stronger, become better, so that you're never a step behind".

Nodding in agreement, Leonel unfolded his arms, "Don't worry, you won't be the one to kill her if we have to", he promised her before turning his attention to the topic he dreaded, Mark. "I'll bite my tongue and not say much about that kid but whatever its fine, he can be included I guess", he compromised with a shrug. "Dad seems to be holding up well. He's taking care of Tassi, they're all the way out in the Great Basin Desert in a remodeled airbase he owns. He hides the hurt well, he has to, he doesn't want Tassi to see him sad but he is. I see it every time I look him in the eye. I spoke to him, he doesn't even wanna look at mom. He says it hurts too much. Switches off the TV every time she pops up in a news report. He just wants things to go back to the way they were. He wants us all to be a family again".

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00@nano_swarm@ultra_girl_

The Jurassic World plane touched down not far from the winery and Gale and Kat took a limo from there to the winery. They were shown to the luxury suite Gale had reserved and she smiled softly as the door opened to reveal the lavishly decorated room. She walked to one of the huge viewing windows and looked out over the winery. Since they were alone and Kat knew her secret she revealed her wings and spread them out, allowing them to soak up the warmth of the radiant sun light pouring into the room. The cold blooded Xae closed her eyes, breathing and relaxing.

"Do me a favor Kat...if the bedroom has windows like these on the bed shut the blinds or it'll be hard to get me out of bed." She joked. There was a glass bottle of milk on the end table by the resident leather couch with a glass already filled. Beside it was a glass of one of the local wine varieties. Xae had called ahead while Kat was sleeping on the plane to make sure the two glasses were waiting for them. "To tell the truth, I came here as much for business as to get away from the island and Gothic City for awhile. Terra is very different from how it was in my day and It's always nice to get away from civilization and work once in awhile."

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat gave a small smile as she crossed her arms and tried to play hard to get "Hey just so you know I'm with you but that doesn't mean I'm going to treat anyone else different" she grabbed one glass of milk as she gave a serious place "I'm seeeeerious" she said in a long but low voice as she started to drink the glass of milk and examine the rooms as if there was something hidden some where.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*seein' people at the Cardinale that aren't Liafadors*

:P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Feral Nova  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Closes place down *

*Renames it Aventus' Personal Winery*

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Feral Nova  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Feral Nova  Moderator
Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

Gale folded her wings and made them vanish. She smiled and turned to watch Kat explore their room. There was nothing hidden but plenty of valuable items and artifacts scattered about as decoration. "I know." She told her. "Trust me, I don't want you to change." Gale added. She picked up the wine glass and took a sip from it as she watched Kat. "This place is beautiful isn't it? We should go for a walk some time later today."

Avatar image for deactivated-59c7179498eb5
deactivated-59c7179498eb5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

Gale folded her wings and made them vanish. She smiled and turned to watch Kat explore their room. There was nothing hidden but plenty of valuable items and artifacts scattered about as decoration. "I know." She told her. "Trust me, I don't want you to change." Gale added. She picked up the wine glass and took a sip from it as she watched Kat. "This place is beautiful isn't it? We should go for a walk some time later today."

Kat set the glass down "I usually don't say this but I really appreciate what you are doing for me Zay" Kat gave a grateful look "I never dreamed I'd be able to visit a place look this at my current age, thought I'd have to steal for a few more years before I got here"

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

Xae walked over to her and gave her a light kiss. "I thought you could use a bit of the high life." Xae offered her hand to her, taking a drink of her wine with the other. She smiled and set the empty glass down. "Want to take a walk? There's a lot to see here and much that I think you'll enjoy."

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat nodded eagerly "aren't there supposed to be gift shops too here right?" she asked as she already thought about stealing things.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

They headed for the lobby and one of the gift shops. "At least one." Xae nodded. "You enjoy testing yourself against new places don't you?" She asked, apparently sensing the motive behind the question. She didn't seem bothered by it though.

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat shrugged her shoulders while giving a smug look "I need to be good at what I do not just in Gothic but everywhere I go"

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

"I agree." Xae said with a simple nod as they walked from their room into the hallways. "You seem to have a natural knack for it though, which is always helpful to have. I'll try not to get in your way, I'm terrible at it to be perfectly honest."

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Feral Nova  Moderator

>_>

*insert Robert De Niro "I'm Watching you" gif*

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@feral_nova: Weird fact, Pyro's brother does a hilarious Robert De Niro face that looks surprisingly accurate.

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat stopped her reply as she saw a gift shop that had a stuffed cat toy with a black ribbon, she walked closer to it as she had a look of want.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

Xae smirked and let her do her thing while she entered the gift shop to look around for herself. She knew Kat was probably going to try and abscond with the cat but she intended to buy it for her if she didn't do that first. Xae kept Kat's scent in mind, tracking her location without having to look up and possibly give her away. She smiled a little when she spotted a little marble globe of the world. She touched it, quietly thinking about how different everything was.

Nano_Swarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: "What the hel%$% are you doing, get off of me!" Kat could be heard shouting as one of her arms was restrained by a stranger and injected with a needle.

The man managed to successfully insert the chemicals into his arm as he whispered something into the young girls ear before he back offed and attempted to make his escape, no visible facial features were available due to the thick clothing,mask and hoodie the man wore.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nano_swarm:

Kat had yet to see Xae really move but she did the moment the masked man released Kat. She went from standing to nearly full speed in the blink of an eye and rounded the corner out of the gift shop with inhuman precision that belied her true nature. She grabbed at the man from behind, intending to whip him around and drive him face first into the wall with just enough strength to render him unconscious.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: The man was thrown into the wall but continued to move forward through the smashed remains of it as he soon recovered and got back up apparently unharmed, this 'apparent' super human then pulled out a revolver and aimed it at Xae "You can't stop it, Trinity will be restored" he brought the barrel of the gun to his head and then offed himself in front of everyone.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

Xae shook her head and moved to Kat's side. "Are you ok?" She asked, concern obvious in her voice.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Feral Nova  Moderator

People killing themselves in my establishment... This is gonna be horrible for sales...

Cobra_Rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People killing themselves in my establishment... This is gonna be horrible for sales...

Even Leah almost offed herself in that winery.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat held her arm in pain "what ever he injected with me, it paralyzed my arm" Kat asked as she remember hearing a shot "what happened to him, I heard a shot are you okay?" she asked with concern for Xae as she examined the woman's body for injuries.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova said:

O_o when?

Cobra_Rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Between the time when Zeon was all like "Die or GTFO" and the time when Leah was all like "I'm tired of drinking nothing but wine, I'mma go save Zeon's life".

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Feral Nova  Moderator

@cobra_rei: Zeon said it in a much nicer way! :P

and see, it pushed her to become a bad @ss and save her little sisters life xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra_rei said:
@feral_nova said:

The wine is that awful? Makes people wanna off themselves?

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

"I'm ok." Xae said. "He killed himself to prevent me from capturing him. Said something about a Trinity." She told her and looked over the injection site carefully. "What did he say to you?"

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat closed her eyes as she felt a cramping pain in her paralyzed arm "he said that time heals, uh try checking his body for anything important like a note or vial"

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

Xae moved to his body, quickly rifling through his clothing for any possessions. She'd been pre-occupied with Kat's injury and not thought to do something she normally would have done automatically.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Trinity00

@gale_xanders: There was a note but some of the letters were covered in blood, it read

[If you are reading this then it means that I have completed my objective but fai^*ed to (**(&ape, I have injected the girl with a unique*^%*^()n that will linger on for several years. The effects will only go away until time heals it] the words time heals was underlined.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

Xae frowned and brought the note to show Kat. "This is all I found. It doesn't seem to be terribly helpful though unless you have some idea as to what he means by that phrase. I don't think it's as simple as time passing."

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat lied expertly not because she wanted to hurt Xae but to keep her out of the ties she had to one known as Satar "I don't know" Kat replied casually with out change in micro expression or heart rate, she picked up the almost empty syringe that was used to inject her with her good arm "but maybe what ever that's left in here can be used to reverse an antidote" she offered it to Xae "only side effects I feel right now is a pretty bad cramp, could you get me some pain medicine maybe?"

Kat knew who could cure this and that person owed her a favor but this person was also all the way back in Gothic City so Kat would have to wait.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

Xae wasn't an expert on lies so she didn't notice it at all. It would be best if she never found out. She took the needle and nodded a little, carefully putting something over it to act as a cap. "I'll see what I can do Kat. The only pain medicine I have on hand is for myself and that would knock you out cold for a week. Maybe the gift shop has something that would work."

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Kat nodded as she smiled through the pain, "Hey since you know I can't do that thing, maybe you can get me that kitty?" Kat gave a cute begging face with her eyes "purrty please?" she asked cutely.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trinity00:

"Way ahead of you Kat." She smiled a little but was clearly still worried about what she may or may not have been injected with. She paid for the cat and delivered into Kat's hungry gaze, slipping it gently into her good hand. "I was already planning to if you couldn't." She explained.