Broken Man, Broken Home (Antares Prelude

Antares_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Antares_

Amidst a broken universe, where reality itself has been turned inside out, a silent entity flowed around the remains of a catastrophe. The worlds around him were shattered and blinked in and out of existence as time and space fought to fix what couldn't be repaired. He continued floating amongst the ruins of his home world, as the distorted reality around him shouted in a disorienting reverb, crying for help in its final moments.

No Caption Provided

The being was oblivious to the warped shape of dimensions and misshapen flow of time. Within his cosmic induced slumber, he was even oblivious to the state of his own being. As time skipped and space repeated, the lone being continued his blissful stress amongst the chaos for what seemed like both centuries and mere moments.

It all continued, the lone entity's slumber being the only constant in a universe of irrational change. However, that too was changed. The remnants of the ruinous cosmos shook violently. Failing to hold the eccentric state it was in, it collapsed upon itself. Infinite energies merging with non-zero energy, imaginary mass clashing with exotic mass. All of this broken plane of existence merging into one and its center was the slumbering one. The fractured reality caved into the man's chest, awakening him with the searing pain of a million glass shards and burning into him a universe's shattered wrath, unifying into one being.

However, even in death, unity seemed impossible as in a flash a white hot brilliance. The multitude of properties that inhabited that universe exploded within him. Sending cosmic shrapnel through the many dimensions of meta-hyperspace, simultaneously sending pieces of the man's existence with it. Leaving the man with little more than an existential husk of himself.

Eventually the pain overtook him, sending him back into his cosmic coma.

□ □ □

Within his dreamscape, the environment around consisted of a void. There was nothing besides the husk of himself. No sound. No signs of anything. The man ventured into this nothing, his feet hitting only the infinite darkness underneath him.

There wasn't any distance, no time that passed much like the universe he slept in. Except this plane, the inside of his own unconsciousness, was calm. However, that too was interrupted. From the darkness above, the outline of an omnipotent finger emerged. It was beyond comprehension in sheer size, and all the man could was simply stare as it interrupted his state of peace with a brilliant flash of white radiance

□ □ □

He woke up once more, but instead of an endless void of nothingness in front of him there were brushstrokes of purplish-pink nebula and little white points dotted throughout the inky black sky. The man continued to watch the beautiful scenery, and it reawakened something within him, something familiar. It was too faint to be considered a memory, but this hunch he felt reminded him that he once looked up at these stars with some form of amazement.

He looked around at how ordered everything was. The flow of time, the orbits of planets, the passage of energy. Everything here was in unity. And this unison reminded him of how broken he was. His glitched presence seemed like a blemish amongst the very existence of this universe. And so, he turned away from it all, only to be met with greater brilliance. A sun blazed in front of him in orange-reddish fury, it lashed around, seemingly at random. It appeared not to be in unison with itself, as energy pulsating from around it. And this brought the man comfort. He sat and faced the sun, declaring a promise and his name.

"I am Antares"

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By StarSpirit

First off, Great Read.

With that said, this was a weird way to begin a story. Well written but weird.

I get the feeling your character is some super-powered reality warper???

Antares_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starspirit: I don't think he's gonna be a reality warped. I believe he's going to be more of a reality breaker.

Like, uncontrollable consequences from his unusual existence type of thing.

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antares_:

Okay you got me there. I was about to ask 'what is the fun in writing a character that powerful,'... but I can see the thrill with a "Reality Breaker"

Can't wait to read more of your work!