Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bladebrave: @demon_diane: @solarius: @iridum: @nightwarden17: @orange_water:

@wes_the_hog: @lowlaville: @kaija: @warpspeed: @_reynard_: @lunahawk:

@demonboundsitri: @gale_xanders: @seraphic: @amyearheart: @zafir_karim:

OOC Thread

If you want to be involved in this and didn't get a tag, post on the OOC thread and we'll get you sorted somehow.

No Caption Provided

By some twist of fate, it was not raining.

Technically, in Los Angeles in the early summer, rain was unlikely, but Nathan Gray felt that any time one planned an outdoor event, the chances of rain rose by approximately nine hundred percent. He had been counting on having the event outside - he had a feeling that even the Safeguard Team's apartment would have gotten a little cramped with everyone who was planning to be there. He also had a feeling that there were probably more people planning to be there than Nathan was planning on being there, but that was parties for you. He just hoped that the people who showed up could maintain themselves with a degree of... well, decorum was unlikely, but he would compromise at rationality.

The apartment complex's pavilion was covered, just in case it did start raining, and the picnic tables had been set with various snacks and drinks in coolers. He himself was sitting on one of the picnic tables, holding a cold beer bottle and telling himself that he wasn't panicking.

He wasn't a very good liar. It seemed kind of silly, though - he could run into close combat with unmentionable horrors and not worry about it a bit, but social hosting was another monster entirely - one unfamiliar and somehow terrifying. Especially when he was hosting a party full of people with the power to destroy the universe on a whim if they objected to the nacho toppings or something.

He twisted the top off the bottle and took a drink. He'd already given Rana the I had better not catch you drinking, young lady speech, and he'd given it to Solaris as well just on general principle, although the billions-year-old star had seemed a little skeptical of the censure, so he'd relented on her case to one drink, but only one, and don't go anywhere with anyone you don't know. Diane had, probably with more wisdom than Nathan, stayed the hell out of that conversation. He was pretty sure she'd been rolling her eyes at him, though. He was also pretty sure he probably deserved it, but what the hell. Someone had to keep an eye on the kids. He was worried about them, what with everyone who was going to be showing up and all their various powers, and the kids still probably not fully recovered from the damage they'd taken when Warden's satellite had fallen. Physically they seemed fine, but... well, not all wounds were physical. He knew that one well enough.

Hopefully, this event would help heal some wounds. And if it couldn't do that... well, hopefully it wouldn't cause any more.

He took another drink, and shook his head. Combat was easier than this, any day.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave:

No Caption Provided

"You should do something about that fear smell you've got going on." Xae said with a smile, lightly playing her decorated claws under her chin. Where she'd come from, how she'd arrived without being seen and why she'd finally said something, or if it was a finally, was anyone's guess. She leaned back against a wall, dressed in her phancy go to party armor. She had her whip in her hand, playfully coiling and uncoiling it. "Parties aren't so bad, most people just want to have a good time and go home with someone they don't have to remember tomorrow."

As useless as her armor for the party may have looked the new design was everything but. It was light, flexible (even beyond her normal armor) and stealthier than a shadow in a rain storm at midnight. She smiled a little. "I don't get your kind, you guys were fighting a week ago and now you're inviting your enemies over for alcohol and rolled meats. Beer bottle diplomacy I suppose, not really my style..." She slid her supposedly decorative claws along her whip as she began to coil it again, caressing it like a lover in the process. "But I do like a good party."

She crossed the distance between the two of them, sliding her coiled whip onto her hip belt in the process. She offered her hand to shake with a slightly cocked head. "Human traditional greeting, I believe. I'm Xae."

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: @bladebrave: OOC: This alright? I want to be sure of it so I know if I should alter this or not.

Luis Proulx arrived by foot, which wasn't all that hard considering the shape he was in and that he'd stayed nearby enough for about an hour and a half of walking. He still had noticeable bruises in a few places but most were covered up by the uniform he wore, same as when he'd fought on Warden's side except it had clearly been fixed for any damage it had.

He waved toward them both as he walked closer with a normal smile, "Bonjour!" he said with still a few meters to cover. He only vaguely recognized Xae, and really only knew the other due to the invitation of sorts. Since he didn't really live in America he hadn't had reason to pay much mind to them. He could tell they could fight, and that Xae probably had plenty of money, but that was about as far as his knowledge went on them.

When he did arrive he would hold out his hand to shake to each of them "I'm Luis Proulx by the way. I only helped out a little when the station was attacked, which was really why I'm here anyway."

Right, visit. That's easy enough, well, maybe not introductions, I suck at those. But Z said it would be fine if I just wanted to hang out a bit among these people since it's probably the last time it'll happen, and then later I'll inform Warden or whoever owned that station that I worked with Z. That way I don't end up looking like I'm trying to start a fight or something, or getting into one at all I hope And I get to see what people are like here before returning to France.

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave: @zafir_karim: @gale_xanders:

No Caption Provided

This whole thing kind of bothered Rana, felt like every evil bloke on the planet would have a good chance to get feisty with something like this. With so many taking an off day why not cause a riot or some mayhem. She was also just hesitant of the company, while all of them could agree they wanted to help the world how was up for debate. Some might be down for breaking spines of the enemies while others might believe in a chance to break bread and talk things out. If villains didn't feel like crashing the party, there was a chance that conflicting ideals might. And if that didn't happen well then there was a chance they were probably missing something vital. Still Rana was there, her umbrella blocking a few loose rays from hitting Nathan. With any luck he'd eventually drink enough for the fifteen year old to sneak off with a beverage legally she shouldn't have. She couldn't help it though, her unique abilities often tried to ruin the taste of things, it took a conscious effort to avoid thinking something good was instead sour and bad. Alcohol didn't phase her much, but it usually wasn't as distasteful. Her sinful half wanting her to be an addict probably.

"Oh please, if you hadn't kept that sniper off the others who knows how things would have gone." She remarked shaking the guys hand. "I mean surviving that black hole thing I think was just luck, but I imagine that'd of been so much worse inside say the satellite. "It's not a species thing, but a personality thing. We won't always be on the wrong side, sometimes theres a big force wanting to wipe out a species or level parliament. And a sense of camaraderie goes farther then knowing nobody on the field." The teenager remarked to the apparent non human. "Im Rana by the way, or Iridum if you'd rather." She remarked shaking the woman's hand before returning to her cup of tea, her second choice given Nathan's insistence she not partake.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathan considered the entrance of the crazy woman and smiled, back on familiar ground. Hosting parties was a new thing, but crazy women? He had a lot of experience with crazy women. Her introduction was unnerving, but somehow the very weirdness of it was calming, in its own way. He accepted the handshake. "Human traditional response. Nice to meet you. I'm Nathan." He released her hand, taking another drink of beer. "Make yourself on vacation." The saying was 'make yourself at home,' but if she was going to play the inhuman card, he didn't want her to take him literally and end up in some sort of weird alien cantina reconstruction thing. She struck him as the sort of person who would do something like that just for the purpose of making a point, or because she would find it funny. Crazy women.

"Bonjour," he responded automatically to the other new arrival. It was one of the approximately six words of French that he knew that he was willing to say in front of Rana. The other five were Je ne parle pas francais. Saikea had also informed him at some point that his pronunciation was atrocious. Nathan had never had her gift for languages. Ah, well. He couldn't be good at everything. He didn't let it bother him.

He was glad Rana seemed to be coming out of her shell a little bit, even though she was sticking to his side like a lost puppy. He didn't point out the comparison, though - she'd have resented it, and she might have felt obligated to wander off on her own just to prove him wrong. If it comforted her to sit by his side, then he could let her do that and not mention it. "Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Proulx. It sounds like I owe you thanks for the assist as well. I can't say I really know what was going on back then, but it sounds like probably no one did, which is one of the big reasons to get together like this, I suppose. I'm glad you were able to make it."

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zafir_karim: @bladebrave: @iridum: @gale_xanders: @everyoneinvited:

Amy had never been to California before. The air was hot and dry, and she often caught herself coughing on the smog. She shook her head and continued walking. She was almost to her destination anyway.

Amy rarely strayed far from Boston these days. That's where home was, where Ulysses was. But there wasn't much she could do about the bounty hunters. So she'd left Ulysses a note telling him where she was going and when she was coming back, borrowed a car, and took a road trip. Once here she'd heard about a picnic for heroes. Who was she to decline free food? But...aside from that, there was the hero-worshipper in Amy. She liked that they didn't have to hide who they were, and for the most part they were controlled. She wished she could be like that.

No Caption Provided

A few blocks down from the apartment where the rumored picnic would take place, Amy closed her eyes and evolved. Psychic form was probably best, she reasoned. Her ESP would allow her to see danger several minutes before it happened, and her manners would make sure she didn't eat everything in sight as soon as she saw it. She took a deep, shaky breath to calm her nerves. You're going to be fine. Just don't steal from any of them and it'll go smoother than Chansey's egg. Morre confident, she approached the pavilion, trying to predict who would greet her first to avoid an awkward situation.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kaija

Another dress was thrown atop the pile of rejects. Kaija sighed, exiting her closet wearing nothing but lingerie. She met Ali's eyes for a moment, before turning to catch herself in a mirror. She smiled, ever proud of her toned body, then turned and presented her back to the reflective surface. Her smile faded the instant that she saw it. That damned tattoo. It covered most of Kaija's backside, from the nape of her neck to the small of her back.

"Why did he have to make it so damned big." she thought to herself, her annoyance clearly written all over her face.

Kaija's recent trip to the 'land of the macabre' had revealed some unsavory truths regarding the nature of her existence. She had come to accept these truths and decided to not let them define her... but that wasn't the issue at hand. Regardless of how well she was handling the recent discovery... having a mark on her back that threatened to expose that information to the world was less than ideal. The unfortunate reality of things was that every dress that she may have wanted to wear to the event did a pitiful job of concealing her brand. The brand itself wasn't legible to her, and it didn't seem to be written in any human language, but she wasn't worried about just anyone seeing it. Given the nature of the sadistic benefactor whom had placed the cursed ink upon her back, Kaija assumed that if there was indeed someone else who could read the brand, then they were the type of person that she had no desire to come into contact with. She turned her attention back to her boyfriend, waiting patiently on her bed.

"Uma... there's no need to be so uptight. Just wear your underarmor. I'm sure it'll be fine. You'll look just fine in your underarmor."

Ali had no idea what the brand on Kaija's back meant, and quite frankly, she barely understood it herself. As far as he knew, it was just a regular tattoo, and she had little desire to elaborate on its origin. She knew that she would have to tell him at some point, but for the moment, she decided to let him believe that it was simply a regrettable decision made in the spur of the moment; that it was shame that kept her from wearing her more revealing dresses and not fear of discovery. She shrugged her shoulders, admitting defeat and donning her trademark underarmor. It was a superhero party after all, so it wasn't like she needed to conceal her identity. Still, it would've been nice to wear something a bit more casual for a change...

"Yeah, alright. At least people should know who I am when I show up. It's still a bit disappointing though." she replied, dropping her undergarments to the floor and changing into herunderarmor right there in front of him, "Ugh, work attire it is, I guess..."

She glanced at herself in the mirror for a moment, more than underwhelmed at the sight, then walked over to Ali and took his hand.

"Alright, let's go."

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightWarden17

After the satelite event, Jacob teleported to his company building, stowed his equipment in the Precinct, and had a long discourse with his board of directors, many of whom were dear friends from the service, and like him, had become captains of industry and business thereafter.

They knew he had gone too far, despite having the best of intentions, and for all the PR and financial wizardry they would perform, including enlisting the aid of high-level contacts in the media, if they made another grievous error like this, there would be hell to pay.

Their stocks wouldn't suffer, as they were privatized, but they had to maintain relations and control their situation before public perception became any more shaken than it already was.

To that end, Jacob scheduled a press conference for after his meeting with Safeguard and company.

Jacob had touched down from a private Chase Conglomerates airfield near L.A. and remained pensive all the way to Safeguard's locale, barely hearing the roar of his silver Lamborgini's engine even as it parked.

Jacob knew he had been uncharacteristically sloppy, he had even put a child in harm's way.

Perhaps it was the loss and then corruption of his own child that made him susceptible to taking this action, something he vowed would never happen again.

He would never let himself be vulnerable he swore and kept his emotions measured as he entered Safeguard's venue in respectful semi-formal wear, briefcase in hand, with something that would help rectify Solaris' energy variability.

He offered colloquialisms to all, and then said to Solaris and Safeguard in a private and professional manner, "My actions were incorrigible, and no amount of obtuse adjectives will change that. In truth, perhaps my loss of my own family and seeing how well yours operated blinded me. I am in great admiration of your operations, maybe my lone wolf attitude has rendered me a bit too cold at times. In an effort to prevent such a mistake from happening in the future, I've created an energy stabilizer, a small but armored device that can be interwoven into Solaris' attire. Solaris will have to program in her specifications to the device, but it should be fairly versatile. I hope we can ally ourselves together in the future. I'd be more than willing to listen to any of your concerns."

He handed Solarius the briefcase and then milled about succinctly talking to others.

To Xae, he introduced himself, his company, and told her all about Project Warden, its goals to aid in connectivity between the communities of the world, help the less fortunate through active philanthropy, aid in rebuilding places like Grimm, make breakthroughs in health and security, and many other fields. He further told her he had even spoken to Vai about it, and that he looked forward to potential collaborations with them in the future.

He thanked the others who had helped him with the satellite, telling them he hoped to ally himself with them again.

When they arrived, he would greet Reynard and Warpspeed and tell them he could see their point of view, that he may have overstepped, and that he would be focusing on more grounded local initiatives, for now, especially those benefiting the less fortunate.

When she entered, Jacob would also greet Lunahawk and tell Lunahawk about his admiration for her altruistic work towards others, his work, and that he would like to work with her in the future.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

Luna Hawk landed gracefully on the pavilion, wearing the same clothing she was usually seen in. She smiled warmly, greeting Night Warden when he approached her and nodding a little in thanks to his kind words. Once he moved on she shifted her attention to the rest of the growing party. She walked to one of the refreshment areas and acquired a beer for herself. She opened it and took a drink before she made her way to Nathan. "I appreciate the invitation." She said, offering him her hand to shake. "It's not often I get to go to something that doesn't involve work or punching someone in the face...not that I mind punching people in the face but variety is good." She smirked. "I saw your recent work on TV, must have been a difficult situation to be in, sounds like the whole thing kind of turned into a cluster on you. Been there, I don't envy you."

Kendra had come from work actually, she'd wrapped up a few things at the studio...namely reviewing film for editing. The studio was working on a major mainstream release and she wanted to make certain everything was in place. There was also a new actor that was nervous and after some prolonged conversation she'd determined she'd have to work with him, since he seemed most comfortable with her. Life, it had a way of going on no matter what else was happening.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People were beginning to arrive in earnest. Nathan was trying to at least say something to everyone as they arrived, though no doubt they'd all go have their own conversations after a while. Most of them he'd at least heard of, though the little girl with the floofy hair was a new one. I kind of want to pat her head. How old is she, anyway, like twelve? Maybe I should start a kids' table. ...Rana would kill me. He half-smiled at the girl beside him, but didn't share his thoughts. Instead, he turned it into a real smile and greeted the newcomer. "Hello, miss. I don't think I know you. I'm Nathan. Nice to meet you. Feel free to get something to eat or a soft drink" -emphasis included, since she looked like she was also going to be a member of the 'you better not be drinking beer' club- "And get to know some of the other people here."Short, sweet, and to the point, gave her a chance to make her introduction and start doing whatever it was teenagers did at parties.

Actually, hopefully she did nothing of the sort. He had a few memories of being a teen at a party, before he'd left home. The sorts of behaviors teens engaged in at parties were perhaps better avoided. Along with the beer.

Fortunately he was saved from having to contemplate that particular line of thought by the arrival of the man who was irresponsible for this occasion, the Nightwarden. The man took a few minutes to speak to Solaris, Nathan listened in carefully, ready to interdict if necessary, but whatever she was feeling about him, she was at least keeping it to herself enough that he didn't need to worry about a sudden heat wave. "Mr. Warden," he greeted the man, "I'm glad you were able to make it. Hopefully this gives all us of a chance to know each other's qualifications a little better. I know I'm looking forward to finding out more about you." Well, that had a delightfully subtle edge, in retrospect. Saikea would have been so proud. "Please feel free to mingle. I know there are a lot of people here who are eager to speak with you."

A few moments later he was shaking hands with media mogul Luna Hawk. He was glad she'd decided to attend, she was one of the locals, and he'd been firm that they needed to be on good terms if they were going to operate in the same area. "It's nice to meet you," he told her. "I hope you're not too disappointed by the lack of faces to punch. If it makes you feel better, the party's not over yet, things could change by the end." He smirked, and acknowledged the change of topic. "I think the situation was a sh-" he glanced over to Rana beside him, "ah, 'debacle' from the start, we just didn't realize it until later. Hopefully getting a chance to get to know everyone a little better will help prevent that sort of thing from happening again."

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sitri was not entirely sure about this 'party' thing that Luna Hawk wanted to attend. They'd been in contact, of course, but Sitri hadn't been back at Moon Bird Studios or any of its affiliated locations since the terrorist attack. She hadn't really seen all that much of Luna Hawk, either, it had mostly been her infinitely more crazy pseudo-sibling that Sitri had been hanging around with. That was, in large part, because Solar Hawk was not one of those people who took "no" for an answer.

So, when Luna Hawk had gotten the invitation to whatever this soiree was supposed to be, Solar Hawk had cheerfully pointed out that Sitri was still on the books as a security officer, and it would be good for Luna Hawk to have some security with her. Sitri had pointed out all the things that were wrong with that particular notion - it had been a long list - and Solar Hawk had countered with the irrevocable "It would be good for you." Sitri found herself doing an awful lot of things that Solar Hawk thought would be good for her, no matter how stupid Sitri, personally, found them. Damnably, most of them actually did seem to be good for her. Sitri had long ago resolved that there was no way in hell she would ever admit that to Solar Hawk. She got enough "I told you sos" without it.

Additionally on the list of "things that were stupid and/or good for you" was the concept of flight. She'd seen Luna Hawk fly a couple times, back when she still could see. Luna Hawk made it look graceful, like some sort of aerobatic ballet thing that was totally natural and supposed to happen. Sitri had made the mistake of mentioning to Solar Hawk once that she was pretty sure she could fly, if she got the proper shapeshift down and gave it a try, but that she chose not to. Solar Hawk had shortly thereafter informed Sitri that she chose otherwise. At least she was sort of getting the hang of how to shift her body into the form she actually wanted, now, rather than it being a luck-of-the-draw situation half the time. She was still convinced that she definitely was less aerial-ballet and more aerial-pop-and-lock, but at least she hadn't killed herself. She wasn't going to try to pull off Luna Hawk's graceful public landing, though, especially in an unfamiliar area. She dropped - cautiously - above where the people seemed to be mostly gathered, stuttering down to a light landing that still managed to give her ankle a weird twist. She muttered a curse, wiggling it until it felt right and wiggling the feelings in her head until the go away, stupid wings ability felt right, too. She stood up properly and pulled a tank top on over the halter top she'd been wearing - good for keeping your boobs covered when you were flying, but so '90s. Not something she wanted to appear in public in.

Especially since she didn't really want to appear in public at all. She still didn't look like a hero - she lacked the spandex for it. In black tank top and black pants, she really looked more like a yoga instructor than a hero, though she would happily kill anyone who made the comparison. She took yoga classes twice a week now, was fairly good at it by this point, and considered it the second-stupidest "sport" in existence, right after competitive golf. It had been another of Solar Hawk's "suggestions."

Good for you, yeah, sure. I notice SHE didn't come to this stupid thing.

Sitri dropped down from the pavilion roof onto the ground - short drops were easy, she'd done plenty of those. She could do those with grace, finesse, and a certain degree of badassery. Especially with the blue ribbon tied around her eyes, blindfold-style. Anything looked more badass when done with a blindfold.

Even if Sitri would have been equally blind without the ribbon. She straightened her shoulders, put a hand on the gun holster at her belt that did not actually hold a gun, but rather one of those collapsible white canes that Sitri had thought was really stupid at first, but soon learned could be used to "accidentally" whack people holding oblivious conversations in the stairwells when there were other people waiting to go past, and had consequently earned her respect. As anything other than an instrument of guilt inducing idiot smacking, though, the thing was pretty useless.

She acquired a pillar to lean against in proper antisocial fashion, keeping her mental awareness open enough to find the tangle of emotions that was Luna Hawk and keep tabs on her location. Screw me, there are a lot of people here, though, she noted, And, seriously, some of these people are messed up. Her dark half perked up, wanting to take in all the screwed up emotions running rampant around this place, but Sitri pushed it down as best she could. Good for me, sure. If I don't go crazy and kill everyone here by accident, I'll have successfully learned that I should never take advice from Solar Hawk again.

Life lessons, chapter twenty-eight. She reached into a pocket, pulling out a shuriken that she had no idea how to use and fiddling with it, keeping calm, wondering who was going to show up at the party. One of these days, she was going to get a chance to return that little throwing star to its rightful owner.

Preferably by dropping it in to the gaping hole in his chest after she yanked out his heart and ate it. Mmm.

She felt the creepy smile start to edge up, and pushed her mental walls up a little higher, denying the demon half its desire to feed, even if it made her even more effectively blind. Jesus Christ, these people are screwed up.

Some days she wondered what her own emotions would taste like, if another empath ever got hold of them.

Most days, she didn't want to know.

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunahawk: @amyearheart: @bladebrave: @nightwarden17: @THE_GANG

L.A. Skies

The Gang flew in fast, with Warpspeed in the lead. A luminous trail of energy tailed behind Woodrow, air superheated into a cone in front of him as he hyper-accelerated across the country. Cutting a path through the atmosphere, he soared across the Gulf of Mexico, Texas, Arizona, and finally turned North to blast his way into California. His helm navigated for him, a GPS-like triangulation system matching the invitation's address with his own position. Reynard was at his side, as was Friendo, their newly-anointed mascot wearing a vintage space-suit for his costume. The brown mutt was propelled along in a translucent bubble of energy projected by the Alpha Telekinetic himself. Warp tried not to show it as openly as Atticus, but he loved that dog just as much, and was proud to have him accompanying them on their first peaceful venture out.

His golden helmet was blaring music, loud enough for anyone around to hear. It shifted from Deep Purple's heavy bass to Led Zeppelin's opening bars of Immigrant Song, synchronizing perfectly with their approach. The apartment complex was nothing too out of the ordinary, but certainly higher-class than their own. From far off, he used the lenses to zoom in on the pavilion they'd been invited to, slowing his approach...but not too much.

How soft your fields so green / Can whisper tales of gore / Of how we calmed the tides of war / We are your overlords

Like a roaring missile, he careened down towards the ground, extending his hands only a second before hitting it to decrease his inertia. While he could've come to a full stop, he chose instead only to decelerate enough to prevent a crater, expending minimal effort to adjust his own energy field and instead swing his legs underneath him, initiating the classic super-hero-landing.

BOOM.

An indentation in the rock beneath his booted heels, sun gleaming from his helmet. The final notes of one of Robert Plant's many masterpieces.

Straightening from his landing pose just as the song ended, he tapped his helmet once to turn off the music, then a second time to activate a few auxiliary functions - a normal procedure in situations like this. The Gang closed in behind him, but as the face of the group, as well as the fastest, it only made sense that he arrive first.

He'd allow a beat of silence, drinking in the tension.

"Sup, my dudes."

Nobody he recognized immediately, save for one man that stood out like a sore thumb. In a party made for superheroes, a multi-billionaire whose only job was to sponsor one had decided to make an appearance. A man who Warp had called out publicly less than a week before, and the media had taken notice. Mister Chase, it seemed, had taken the initiative to speak with him. He was moving over to greet them, Reynard almost certainly in tow.

Atticus is gonna love having him here, Woody thought between milliseconds, watching Chase approach in what seemed to be slow motion. All the while, he was thinking, pondering, observing. What purpose might he have here?

"Save it," he'd say, cutting off Chase's perfunctory greeting before it could even begin. The moment that man opened his mouth, Woodrow had a retort. "I'd rather speak to Mister Warden than a suit like you," he'd finish, squaring up to the billionaire. Still casual, but cold. A superior smile etched on Woodrow's face. There was no eye contact to be had, Woodrow's lenses and mask entirely obscuring the upper half of his visage. The lower half of his jaw was still bearing that trademark smirk, but up above, where none could see?

The eyes were suspicious ones. Eyes that sought the answer to a new theory.

He'd walk past, letting Chase deal with Reynard, who would undoubtedly be even more eager to tear the .001%er a new hole or two. He moved towards the center of the party, seeking out its host, and ready to talk to anyone who approached him.

Demon_Diane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demon_Diane

Diane wore her usual outfit, the black colored skin tight with white stripes on the sides, the usual getup for the mercenary going into her job.

Diane watched from the sidelines as various guests arrived, and Nathan went about frantically greeting them in as they rolled about. She narrowed her Gaze as Warden came with a suitcase, stuffing it into Solaris's hands. He'd come bearing gifts, eh. The man really had no consideration for what was proper etiquette when it came to such occasions. How was stuffing anything held within a suitcase appropriate in front of a million other people? Whatever it contained.

Diane had a glass of lemonade in front her, not really keen on having beer as such, sitting at a table all by herself. She'd taken a sip and looked around. A small lavender haired girl who walked in seemed to be the oddest of them all, although the girl in the cat costume and the mask across her eyes would strike Diane as someone from the porn industry, it was nearly not as odd as seeing a girl with long hair walk in. She looked more or less the same age as Rana. Diane's eyes flew over to Iridum, drinking tea? Well she supposed it was appropriate for her age.

Age appropriation, in her mind was next to useless. It imposed needless restrictions on free souls, but Nathan seemed to enjoy doing that to Rana and ... Solaris, though she understood little why Nathan would ask Solarius to refrain from drinking. Did she thing a few hundred milligrams of alcohol would make a living star ... explode or something? The though itself was ridiculous, she thought, laughing.

Diane kept tapping the table, waiting for one particular guest @wes_the_hog. She still didn't know whether he would come or not. The other set of guests here seemed to be the group of peculiar heroes intent on bringing down a space station with people (@warpspeed@_reynard_) still inside of it. Was this heroic? Not in her books. These were the actions of savagery and diction, actions disregarding the safety of others, actions of children with too much god given power.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Diane waited, not minding anyone else for the moment. She'd given Nathan a few glances, and a wink as he'd turned to look at her. She took a sip from her glass and smiled.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NightWarden17

@Neuromind: @zafir_karim: @Reynard: @warpspeed: Jacob tapped Warpspeed lightly before he stepped past, changing into his Night Warden suit. He spoke to both Warpspeed, Reynard, and Nueromind with the suit's voice modulator on.

"If you want to talk, I'm right here. Regarding my wealth, much of it will go to the less fortunate, not those consumed by greed. What you disdain, I share your sentiments to an extent. The satellite won't be an issue for a while. It had too much power, but with the proper infrastructure, it could suit everyone. Local projects are more suitable to be conducted, at least at this point in time. Philanthropicventures will be contributed to by myself, and I will assist others where I can. Certain corporations do hold too much power, but many of them do serve those from every walk of life, and I've strived to keep altruism intact with my own company. Enough escalation from us. Let's stand down. I definitely will take your statements into account."

Jacob stood aside and let them pass, changing back into his civilian attire, his voice modulator switching off as he did.

Jacob was aware of the certain hypocrisies evident about him in Reynard's and Warpspeed's words, but would soon rectify them in a way that would change his life forever, for better or worse.

He ignored their rage and anger, they hadn't even begun to learn how to use it to their advantage, and allow their bluster to be maintained by self-control.

As they passed, he made his way over to those that wanted to speak to him, including Luis. He greeted him and said, I'm much obliged to your help on the satellite, but was there something you wanted to discuss?"

He waited for Luis to respond.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyearheart: @iridum: @gale_xanders: @lunahawk: @bladebrave: @demonboundsitri: @nightwarden17: @demon_diane:

Luis chuckled shortly in response to Rana's statement, "Well thanks. Although I think I made about the least headway, which is rather unfortunate. Most of you had a more significant impact. Since we're on the topic of that, I've seen plenty of fighters but I don't think I've seen someone anywhere near as skilled as you in swordsmanship at your age."

Extremely young, couldn't be older then sixteen. Surprised she was allowed to come much less be involved in the fight. Of course I suppose considering her capabilities that's a little more reasonable. He thought.

Luis glanced around and noticed Warden as well as the rest of everyone who arrived, this time much quicker then how fast it had started. Already there were plenty of people here. He looked with interest at everyone here thinking how he was in the midst of the kind of people he would have joined up with had there not been the issues there were from his own country. And in a way he already had.

He turned back and cocked his head at Xae, "I do not mean to be rude. But while I recognize Ms Rana here, as she was at the Warden project satellite, I actually don't know you. Since I'm from France I am not aquatinted much with the sorts that hang around in America very much."

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evio smiled at the host, Nathan. "Hi, Eviolite, thank you," she said in reply to his individual comments. She went over to the snack table and stayed by herself, watching the people file in one by one. Nobody seemed to notice her, and while part of her was a little peeved the rest was relieved. She ate as slowly as she could while filling her stomach with the tastiest meal she'd had in months. A can of root beer was open to flatten a bit before she tried drinking it. It'd been so long since she'd allowed herself a carbonated drink that she was fairly certain the bubbles would make her choke. Not exactly the way she wanted to die.

People started arriving more numerously now, but none of them impressed Amy. She didn't know a thing about the modern movie industry or Chase Conglomerates. She didn't have time to know things like that. The only people so far who truly impressed her, aside from her kind host, were the members of the Gang. She was deeply impressed by their entrance, and moved towards them a little, still keeping to herself. Warpspeed told off a guy in a business suit, and left him for Reynard to handle. His helmet reminded Amy of Giratina's crest. While it wasn't the most complimentary of terms on a normal day, seeing as Giratina was the Pokemon Satan, it still seemed to suit him best. Strong, independent, and didn't give a dam. That's what Amy liked about heroes. They could be themselves and not care about the rest. Reynard was one of Amy's personal favorite heroes. She didn't know a thing about his politics, but he was strong and outspoken. Alpha Telekinetic, he was called. Equivalent to MewTwo. The kind of guy the psychic-type Evio could look up to in terms of power, wisdom, strength. The rest were noted, one by one. Bitan, Genesect. Seraph, Cresselia. Neuromind, Deoxys. Dandy, Registeel. And who could forget the media pet, Friendo, who should just be his own Pokemon. Jirachi, for good luck. She smiled as they landed and watched them disperse into the crowd, before going back to sit at her table by herself with her food.

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Boracay, Phillipines

Dress after dress after dress, Uma kept tossing them into a pile of 'can't wear this', 'too revealing', 'too fancy', 'too dark' and 'too gloomy'. Ali sat at the side of the bed, staring at Uma going in and out of her closet as she frantically rejected everything she had in their. Women. Why did they even need so many clothes to wear? Ali wondered. He'd just come up with a casual dark gray colored long sleeved hooded shirt, and a matching color jeans to go along. There was little to panic about that.

Ali didn't know why Uma was trying so desperately to hide the tattoo she got. It sat so beautifully and fully on her back, there was nothing absolutely wrong with it being revealed to others. Or at least, Ali had realized this should be the case. Normally, she would don one of the fancy dresses or jeans and tops when they went out together. Today, she was having a hard time setting on anything in particular.

Uma... there's no need to be so uptight. Just wear your underarmor. I'm sure it'll be fine. You'll look just fine in your underarmor.

Ali suggested, after a while of just staring at her almost bare naked body. It was a great sight to behold, but they were due for an event that would've started a while back. It was evening in Boracay, but where this event was going on, it was merely the morning. Whoever knew the two were preparing to go out, would think they were just going out on a regular date.

On his recommendation, Kaija finally donned her signature work outfit, a slight smile appearing on his face as Kaija had taken off the lingerie she had worn in order to suit up into the underarmor. And then, she was ready, after a long time.

"Yeah, alright. At least people should know who I am when I show up. It's still a bit disappointing though." she replied, dropping her undergarments to the floor and changing into herunderarmor right there in front of him, "Ugh, work attire it is, I guess..."

She glanced at herself in the mirror for a moment, more than underwhelmed at the sight, then walked over to Ali and took his hand.

"Alright, let's go."

Ali laughed, "People know who who you are Uma. You are Kaija, the giantess who is always on the news!" He got up, holding Kaija's hand, "Let's go,"

They took a walk out of the base, and Ali held her within his arms, letting lightning flow out of his body, and covering both of them as it did, and then, they slowly hovered into the air, before taking off east towards their destination. Weeks of travelling later, Ali had come to realize that going East from Boracay was far easier than going west.

L.A, USA

According to the invitation Ali had received from the red woman, this was the spot of the gathering. There were already some people abound. He and Kaija managed to reach the venue behind the hot trail of The Gang, lead by a particular man in yellow armor @warpspeed. The boom, and the crash landing, the man had straightened up just when Ali had landed on the premise with Kaija, close to where he just landed.

"He's a fancy one," Ali laughed, nudging Kaija next to him, Warpspeed, he was on the news. Ali knew who he was. He pointed towards the Pavilion, towards the food. "Should we go for food or..." He really wanted the food. Ali scanned around for the red woman, but found no sign of her.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpspeed

Well, the entrances were just getting fancier and fancier. By the time the night was over, maybe it would be "bring your own fireworks" night. Solaris could probably hack that somehow, Nathan thought, though he didn't think she'd appreciate his asking about it. And he sticks the landing, that's a ten-point routine for the man in yellow.
Nathan watched him approach Warden Chase, apparently with a bit of a bone to pick. He was wondering if he'd have to go stop the rich guy from becoming a pancake when the man fiddled with some sort of hidden button (there was always a hidden button) and popped a super-suit like a reverse Clark Kent. Nightwarden. Warden Chase. Well. That explains a lot.

That was also an issue that he was not going to touch. Whatever identities people were going to choose to play around with this afternoon was decidedly not his problem. "Warpspeed," he greeted the man in yellow when he approached. "I'm glad you could make it. It seems you're livening up the party already." He raised an eyebrow, but couldn't resist. "I guess you work fast."

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Warpspeed

@nightwarden17: @bladebrave:

Warpspeed almost reeled at the tap on his plated shoulder, ready to force the man off his person. Instead, all he received was a confirmation of his original suspicion. He listened with blasé silence, eyebrow raised behind the golden helmet and its concealing lenses. The only rich man at the party, representing his "client" Night Warden, chatting it up with a bunch of capes? And here, he was revealed to be just another one of them, the very same he'd fought aboard the satellite. The one who'd run. He was proselytizing about his vision of crimefighting, one that he couldn't genuinely believe. Or, if he did, he was going senile.

Warp just took it all in.

"Shocker, dude," he said indifferently, turning to walk away from the original conversation and seek out the host. To a man who'd watched stars implode upon themselves, a simple change of costume and all it might've meant was just another drop of rain in a thunderstorm. Still...he was glad he'd been wearing his helmet, what with all the functions it afforded him. Not that the Warden seemed to care much about his identity.

As it turned out, the host came to him. A regular greeting, professional approach...and a speed pun.

^&%* this planet.

"My man," he said, reaching out a hand for a shake. He'd go beyond just that, though, seeking to enrapture Nathan, sidling up to him and extending his arm around his back, planning to rest his hand on his shoulder. Side-by-side they'd stand, were he successful...and the odds were that he would be. Warpspeed, after all, was both fast and strong, moving into position the moment he had the chance. The modern-day Johnson Treatment, albeit a friendlier one. He was intent on having Nathan under his arm as he continued to talk.

"Impressive place you got. You live here?" he'd inquire, cocking his head to the side as he looked up at the apartment building.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpspeed:

"I live in one apartment of this impressive place," Nathan answered. He was a little unsure about the guy's arm around his shoulder, especially since he was particularly unsure how it had gotten there. Damn. He is fast. And I don't think he's just here for the canapes. Well, it wasn't hurting anything right now, but he gave Rana a little be mindful gesture behind his back. He trusted his team's judgment if this got weird. "The rest of it's other people. We decided the whole impenetrable super secret fortress base of invisibility wasn't really our style. Seems more like a villain thing than a hero thing. Where're you camped out these days?" A question to which he very much doubted he was going to get a straight answer, but the buildup was more important than the inquiry itself, especially with as many people as were here, and no doubt a good number of them listening in. Since his entire reason for hosting had been to make people think a little bit about what it meant to be a hero, maybe a few comments like that would get some of them thinking. Bring people out in the open, where they could help each other. Not hide away waiting for the villains to come to them.

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave:

"Space, man. Space. Though I'm the sorta guy that can be anywhere I want just like that," he said with a laugh, snapping his gloved fingers on the last word. He relinquished his jovial hold on the presumed host, patting him on the back instead. It was a little more forceful than he'd give an ordinary human, but this guy was a superhero - he could take it. A solid slap on the back, along with a chuckle.

"Good to meet you, dude. Didn't catch your name, though," he said, turning to look at the man more closely. Not physically remarkable; he had an everyman look to him. Brown eyes and hair that matched. It was pretty long, for a man. What was his power again?

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpspeed:

Does this guy think he's a politician or something? The blatant intimidation tactics were a little weird. It was like being at a seminar for power players. Just needed some speeches about Efficiency and Utilization, and a couple guys selling Amway in the lobby. Nathan bore it without comment, though he was really tempted to pop the knives out of his spine when the guy hit his back. It would have been easier than holding them in... but that was not the sort of thing polite hosts did. "Nathan Gray," he answered. It was a real name, not a moniker like Warpspeed or Nightwarden, but he rarely bothered using a superhero-style name anyway. It didn't feel right, especially since he wasn't a meta. It also had the advantage of being an exceptionally boring - and exceptionally common - name. Its very normalcy was defense enough. "You want to keep dancing, or feel like telling me what your plan is, here?" The guy obviously was trying to maneuver Nathan in to something. For a guy with super speed, he was taking a while to get to the point. Nathan kept the thought to himself, though. No more than one pun per person, that was just rude. The guy probably got about as tired of it as Solaris got tired of being called Sunshine all the time. Better to lay off early.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave: @demon_diane: @solarius: @iridum: @nightwarden17: @wes_the_hog: @lowlaville: @kaija: @warpspeed: @_reynard_: @lunahawk:@demonboundsitri: @gale_xanders: @seraphic: @amyearheart: @zafir_karim:@neuromind:

It had been a long night while most of these heroes may have been sleeping or preparing for the party I wasn't so lucky and last night was almost completely horrible for me. I went to Bludhaven to free some slaves maybe use a couple one liners involving Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation but nope instead it went south pretty quickly. With many of the slaves dead because some idiot all in black and playing Danny Phantom with guns either got some killed or killed them himself and then that woman and her bodyguard probably killed a couple slaves to. Maybe I was more mad at myself because I wasn't fast enough to stop the murder of those innocent people. But either way after the incident I was mad enough to take it all out on some drug dealers using a shield punch on one almost broke every bone in one thug's body while the last one standing I had used my ice powers to cause frostbite in his leg causing permanent nerve damage probably never gonna walk again after. I was disappointed in myself there I was in alleyway going to far on a couple street criminals safe to say the least I didn't trust myself around Bludhaven for the rest of the night and so I spent the rest of my night propelling myself back to LA to attend the party with me reminding myself of all of my failures and of my limited success the only real bright spots were the outcome of the Minnesota case and Miami well if you don't count Liath eating that guy anyway.

I returned to LA that night and got to the cheap hotel room that I was staying in and fell to sleep having the standard nightmare's the first one being when I woke up in Seattle surrounding by dead or severely injured people. The second on my return home watching as the people I run away from murder two members of my family and continue by crippling other's. The final nightmare was just as standard as the others the Minnesota case when me and Wes were attacked by those people transformed into dogs I killed most of them. In my dreams all I could see was my own guilty conscience never really a ray of sunshine in them all I was reminded of in my dreams was everything I felt I did I wrong but either way I finally heard the alarm next me going off." Damn it I'm late..."

I rushed to put on my armor and remembered I would have to travel through the sewers to the building I need to avoid the public don't really need to be spotted today. I grabbed one of the few remaining poptarts and ate it along the way to the sewer which I would travel through for about an hour before I finally arrived underneath the building. Of course the armor smelled quite a bit from my walk but by the time I had exited the sewer I had already cleaned the armor off with the water in my suit getting rid of any stink whatsoever. I then walked towards the building and eventually got to the pavilion.

It seemed that several heroes had decided to fly instead but that wasn't the only thing Warpspeed and his "gang" were here now as well I couldn't put my finger on it but I didn't trust Warp or any of his team to be honest. Chase finally revealed he was the Warden to everyone in my opinion another bad call he was still enamored with getting the great heroes of the planet on his side it would seem that he didn't see the consequences behind such a move. Before Bladebrave even noticed me walking through he had been pulled away by Warp who took the classic hero stance upon meeting a great person. I don't even know anymore last night had made me severely angry and I was feeling slightly more paranoid by the second but I still saw one person I hadn't seen in awhile Evio from Bludhaven I walked over to her and said," Been awhile Evio how's business?"

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kaija

"I'm not particularly hungry at the moment, honestly. I just want to meet some normal people. I've never really been to a party with civilians..." Kaija admitted, taking a moment to roll the definition of "civilian" through her head, "Or, whatever, people who aren't in the military. You know what I mean. Go get some food and come get me if you need me, I'm just gonna see if I can find someone to talk to. Worst case scenario, I already brought the best guest with me when I showed up."

Kaija planted a small kiss on his cheek and departed into the crowd. She took a moment to scan over the guests to find someone who caught her attention. Despite the large assortment of vibrant costumes and unusual physiologies... no one seemed to draw her attention. Everyone there was so unique that the word lost it's meaning, and Kaija was no exception. One particular party guest caught her eye, and for her normalcy of all things. Well, as least comparative normalcy.

"Ha, what the hell?" Kaija laughed to herself as she scanned the girl.

Her face looked rather normal, and she was wearing a regular black tank top and black pants. As unusual as that was at this particular gathering, that wasn't what Kaija found amusing. She picked up on the sidearm that the woman carried on her hip, and on her head... she wore a blindfold!? Kaija couldn't help but smile at such an odd sight. She knew that most of the people here were likely to have superpowers, and she accepted the fact that the blindfolded woman was likely no different. But still... what if she didn't. Kaija had seen plenty of movies and stories about blind swordsmen weren't new to her at all. But as a marksman herself, the thought of a blind sharpshooter.... HOLY CRAP! With a wide grin on her face and wonder in her eyes, she made her way over to the blindfolded woman.

"Hi, nice piece! I'm Kaija. You might've heard of me... on the news, maybe? I put down a giant adamantine turtle the other day. Uh, anyways, what's your name? I didn't expect to find anyone else here who actually uses guns. I'm pretty good myself, but I think you've got me outclassed. I don't think that I've gotten to the point where I can hit a target blindfolded, ya know? Haha." Kaija said to the blind stranger, "That's pretty impressive, I'll give you that."

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladebrave: @kaija@amyearheart: @orange_water:

Warp shrugged, a blank faced response to Nathan's query. Also, did this guy not have a codename?

"You invited me, Nate," he said, lips thin. "Do I really seem like a man with a plan? I just drift on through," he said, shaking his head and looking at the ground. Nathan's perceptiveness was notable, but there wasn't much for him to go on. So what if Woody wasn't perfect? He still did good things. What more could you ask for?

"Speaking of," he said, eyeing a young woman in figure-hugging underarmor. She seemed to have a date, though. Maybe another time.

"See you round, Natey. Digging the party. Maybe you can come hang with us someday," he said, giving a tiny two-finger salute to their host. With that, he'd turn away, and move towards someone else he spotted: a truly odd-looking young specimen. She looked underage as Hell. What was a kid doing here? And who was that talking to her?

A good opportunity to work some magic, and spread the word of the Gang's good will. This was a party to spread heroism, right? He was about to spread it right all over everyone's goddamned faces.

"Sah," he said, striding over to the mutate-looking girl and the orange-clad figure to her side. "Name's Warpspeed. What're your codes?"

Slang for codename - at least, it was in the sixties.

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AmyEarheart

@warpspeed: @orange_water:

Amy was eating quietly by herself when Orange came up to her. It had been a while since she'd seen him, and she did still owe him from Bludhaven, but she didn't like discussing work with him considering her work leaned towards the illegal side. Which was why she couldn't decide whether it was fortunate or just flustering that Warpspeed came up to her just then. She rubbed one of her lavender "ears" somewhat nervously as she smiled at the hero. She wasn't sure what he meant by codes, but it wouldn't hurt to give him her name.

"I'm Eviolite," she told him. "You're Warpspeed, right? I'm a big fan." She'd seen his news report, but there was also the word on the street--rumors spread over time by witnesses. They painted a great hero. She could look up to that.

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hegemon

@kaija:

"I'm not particularly hungry at the moment, honestly. I just want to meet some normal people. I've never really been to a party with civilians..." Kaija admitted, taking a moment to roll the definition of "civilian" through her head, "Or, whatever, people who aren't in the military. You know what I mean. Go get some food and come get me if you need me, I'm just gonna see if I can find someone to talk to. Worst case scenario, I already brought the best guest with me when I showed up."

Ali nodded towards Kaija with a smile. People, he loved meeting people as well. But the food was a priority. After party ways with Kaija, he whizzed past droves of people, like a bolt of lightning, but taking care not to disturb anyone as he did so. He stopped by the snacks table, where @amyearheart had been helping herself to some snacks.

Ali grabbed a plate, put some on it, then turned to Amy, "My name is Ali, what's yours?" He turned to look at a man in flashy orange armor? and another guy, black hair, @warpspeed@orange_water"A pleasure to meet you both," He said, smiling.

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpspeed: @lowlaville:

Amy looked away from her hero to see who the newcomer was. To think, a moment before she had been alone, now it seemed everyone was coming over to her. She decided to keep it simple. "Eviolite," she told him, after moving her plate out of the way so he could get his food.

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: @orange_water: @amyearheart:

"Eviolite. Never heard anything like it before," he said, extending his closed hand for a fist-bump, gloved knuckles perpendicular to the ground. "Always an honor to meet a 'fan,' but that's not really what I'd call it. The whole super-media biz...not for me," he laughed, smiling. She had a quiet, small voice, and an unassuming physique, save for two odd purple ears sticking out of her head. Clearly not human, but it was rude to immediately demand what she was. Animal characteristics, perhaps - not an uncommon mutation.

"You seem kinda young to be in the hero game. Or is that just part of what you can do?" he asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. He looked over at the newcomer.

"Mister Ali, good to meet you. Name's Warpspeed," he said, extending a hand for a more casual shake than the one he afforded Big Nate.

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AmyEarheart

@warpspeed:

When Amy bumped fists with Warpspeed, it was all she could do to now squee like a Fangirl. She waited for him to finish with Ali before answering his question. "It's just a part of my mutation, I look a bit younger than I am. It's nice sometimes." She was forcing her little voice to be calmer than she really felt, mostly for etiquette sake.

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hegemon

@amyearheart: @warpspeed: @orange_water:

Ali made a casual gesture to move into place as Amy stepped aside. He'd quickly picked up a fill in on to his plate, before turning to Warpspeed. The man had been engaged with Amy. Ali only knew what was said in the media.

Right after he left the scene after he found a woman at the center of a crater outside L.A, he had left for Seattle, but upon reaching, he saw what was on the news. That was the scene of a battle between an infamous Warden and a gang of superheroes, part of which was the group which the red woman had belonged to. Did she call herself Diane? Ali wondered.

"Mister Ali, good to meet you. Name's Warpspeed,"

That's a weird name, Ali thought to himself. Probably not his real name. Oh he didn't care, shaking Warpspeed's hand. "A pleasure to make acquaintance, Mr. Warpspeed. I don't suppose you have seen a red skinned woman, about this big," Ali raised a hand, about his own height, 6'5", "black hair, with a streak of red, roaming about in this place? She was the one who invited me to this party, and I can't seem to locate her at all," Ali was referring to Diane, having only seen her in her altered form, he didn't know any better.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Orange_Water

@warpspeed: @amyearheart: @lowlaville: I understood why Evio didn't discuss her crimes but if she knew anything since the last time I saw her she would know I didn't care me and her ran away for the same reason's both of us were slaves to organization's who freed ourselves. But at a superhero gathering I understand especially when the Warpspeed character introduced himself and another known as Ali appeared to get food almost uncaring of the forces here who are you? " Nice to meet you Ali and Warp I'm known as Orange Water." I held out my hand to shake their's and thought Warp hopefully won't pull his bullcrap again.

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Reynard_

@warpspeed@friendo@nightwarden17

Friendo was taking his first flight inside the bubble well, it was like he was inside a car. His tongue was sticking out and the saliva was being flung back to their teammates logging behind like the occasional drops of rain. They could have both made it back there in less than a second, unfortunately the dog couldn’t as the pressure of moving that quickly would turn him into a smorgasbord of blood and bone.

Reynard smelled like a hotel in Vegas that was just inhabited by Charlie Sheen. Eyes were slightly red and breath like a jackhammer. Calculating that they were only a few minutes away, he started preparing himself. From one of the side pockets in his utility belt he pulled out a stick of mint gum and placed it his mouth. The cool flavors made his tongue vibrate, as if snowflakes were landing on his tongue like they did back when he was growing up in Boston.

Inside the same pocket he grabbed an eyedrops bottle and untightened it with his index finger and middle finger. Atticus squeezed it lightly, letting two drop slowly squirt out and held by a miniscule telekinetic field being formed around them. He dragged the two drops into his left eye and squeezed two more into his right eye.

The pocket next to them held a small bottle of cologne. Reynard sprayed it twice into the air and carried the particles towards his body to make sure that they would have full effect. Moments away from making an entrance, he thought about turning back, but he was already there and he didn’t trust them with Friendo.

Atticus would have cracked the ground upon landing as he did when he was nineteen, but those entrances weren’t glamorous as they were before. Landing with a boom was kid stuff at his age, he had not done one of those since he was twenty one and he wasn’t planning on doing it now to impress the new kids around the block. Instead he just slowly lowered himself and Friendo.

Of course the first one to try to approach them was Jacob Chase, the reason why this whole party was occurring in the first place.

One man in a quest to get all up on people’s shit.

Woody didn’t waste any time to antagonize Chase, and Chase didn’t waste any time to prove everything he had theorized before. It was almost too good to be true. Not good for Warden, but good for Reynard. Woody and Reynard had crossed eyes before Woody decided to walk away. With one glare at each other they had an understanding.

He crossed his arms and suddenly the height difference between Night Warden and Reynard became apparent.”Why don’t you save that too, @#$hole? You think a few charities are going to solve anything? You think punching crime solves anything? If you truly want to be a hero, why don’t you sell all you have and donate it to the poor? That way you'll have the altruism that you want. Then, after you do that, come and follow me.”

Warpspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: @_reynard_: @lowlaville: @orange_water: @amyearheart: @friendo:

Warp warmly took Ali's hand and gave it a shake, something he'd perfected over his time in space. Dealing with every type of biology conceivable made interaction with humans all the easier. "Nah, haven't seen her 'round," he said, shaking his head softly at Ali. "If I run into her, I'll mention you're here." The guy had a casual grey getup, shirt and pants matching. It seemed the days of icons had come to an end, if this was how people were fighting crime now. All the better for Woody to capitalize off of.

"Eviolite" was suppressing her emotions, he noted. He gave her another smile, hopefully one that would calm her down.

The other guy, though...

"Orange Water? What kinda name is that?" Woody repeated, shaking his head and laughing slightly. "I mean...that sounds like what a guy makes after drinkin' Monster," he said, taking his hand and patting him on the shoulder a little harder. He wanted him to feel it through the armor.

"Oh, hey, check it out. The main event," he said in a low voice, pointing back towards Reynard and the newly-revealed Night Warden. Woody made sure his lenses were focused in on their interaction, capturing every detail...just as it had throughout the party.

Friendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wes_the_HOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wes walked up to the pavilion, true to form he had arrived late to the party. He always told himself that he was trying to be fashionabley late, but in truth he just had aweful time management skills.

It had been quite a while since the last time he'd been in L.A. so he when he got an invitation to some party for heroes from Diane he decided to make a trip of it. His mistake had been thinking he had enough time to swing by his parent's house before heading out. Never again would he doubt his parents' ability to turn a quick visit into a three-hour long stay. Still, he'd not be able to come over for Christmas last year due to some business he had to take care of, so it made sense that they spent so much time catching up. Though he could have done without his mother, who had started knitting in the past year, giving him a Christmas sweater and forcing him to wear it.

Sighing he looked over the crowd of people that had already arrived, most of them he'd never seen before, but he'd caught their name on the news from time to time. Surprisingly he managed to spot someone that he knew, Orange/Will/Landon whatever he'd have to say hi to him at some point. Picking at his itchy sweater, he finally spotted who he was looking for.

Grabbing a can of beer before he walked over, Wes sat down across the table from Diane. "Hey, I'm not that late am I? I didn't expect there to be so many people here, kinda blown away, to be honest." He said popping open his drink and taking a sip, gesturing to the group of people talking around them. In truth, he knew very little about what he was walking into. Though he did catch a glimpse of what had prompted this whole meeting to happen, the Nightwarden himself. Even if he was pretty out of the loop when it came to current events, nearly everyone had heard about the disaster that was the Warden incident.

Hegemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hegemon

After Warpspeed answered his question, Ali monetarily returned his attention to Amy. After all, Amy was the person of interest he had initially wanted to talk to, which somehow became an interaction involving Warpspeed and another guy who identified himself as Orange Water. Awesome, he thought, chuckling. Another hero with one of them fancy names.

Ali didn't know better, he didn't know about Orange Water's history OR his track record, which would otherwise compel him to doubt the term hero was actually applicable to the man.

"Soo... Eviolite, what's a girl like you doing here all alone? Doesn't big scary men like Mr. Warpspeed here scare you?" Ali had overheard what she said just as he'd arrived on the scene. While appearing to not really mind what was going on, he really WAS paying attention to what was happening around. Ali just decided to tease her a bit for it.

"Orange Water? What kinda name is that?" Woody repeated, shaking his head and laughing slightly. "I mean...that sounds like what a guy makes after drinkin' Monster,"

Ali laughed at the joke, if it was one. He didn't really understood humans and their sense of humor. Most of the times, Ali just tried to fit in as best as he could. Part of this was his happy-go-lucky demeanor, hidden under which was a person who thought deeply over most things. Everyone that happened about seemed to have an agenda on their minds. This was what usually threw him off. The little girl however, she felt as pure as the near 7KM rock named Gargamight, whom he had met not long ago. "or some kind of bad medicine," He said.

"Oh, hey, check it out. The main event,"

Ali turned his gaze towards @_reynard_ and his dog @friendo. They made a peculiar entrance, and the animal made for more of an annoyance, something which seemed to bark out of turn.

Demon_Diane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wes_the_hog:

Diane had finished a few glasses of lemonade when Wes finally decided to show up.

No Caption Provided

"Hey, I'm not that late am I? I didn't expect there to be so many people here, kinda blown away, to be honest."

She pretended to be surprised when she saw Wes sit down at the table, "Late? I'm shocked you arrived this early," Diane wore a frown on her face. "Well this IS a party, what did you expect?" Diane's eyes flashed orange, a sign of her frustration. She'd observed @kaija enter the premise with her boyfriend @lowlaville and how they seemed so lovey lovey, and how Wes was not even able to show up to the event on time! Diane momentarily forgot how she herself was usually never able to go anywhere on time. "Well, whatever. Let's go meet some people," Diane said, getting up.

Gesturing Wes to follow her, she walked up to Nathan (@bladebrave), who had just gotten his hand free of the one named Warpspeed, as flashy as ever, "Nathan, I would like you to meet Wes, he is my- friend!" She said, glaring at Wes. "Wes, this is the leader of our team, Safeguard, Nathan,"

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AmyEarheart

Amy's stomach did a backflip when Warp smiled at her, but she was calming down and becoming more comfortable. She realized that in the excitement of the gathering she'd stopped her FutureSight--part of the reason she'd sort of freaked out when Warpspeed came over. Now that she was more relaxed, she began using the ability again, "seeing" the possible events of the next few minutes. She didn't need her limited social abilities to shut down if Reynard or one of the others came over. Though, if she did get nervous, it wouldn't be for the reasons Ali mentioned.

"Nah, not much scares me, " she told him, matter-of-factly. "Besides, I'm used to handling myself." It was true, and the way she said it clarified that she wasn't just trying to impress people. There really wasn't a lot that frightened her, although there was a lot that made her slightly nervous. She was quite capable of taking care of herself no matter what situation she got herself into.

She laughed at Warp's joke about OW's name, and Ali's mention of bad medicine. She was much more comfortable now. She looked at Warden and Reynard arguing. The Alpha Telekinetic towered over Night Warden. She could only imagine how tall he'd be up close to her. Or predict, using her power. Friendo seemed eager to get away from the argument and into the party, or maybe just get to the food She couldn't blame him. The food was amazing. To most people it was just a filler snack, but to Amy a plateful of what was set out was tastier and probably healthier than she usually ate in the course of three days.

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaija

"Hi, nice piece! I'm Kaija. You might've heard of me... on the news, maybe? I put down a giant adamantine turtle the other day. Uh, anyways, what's your name? I didn't expect to find anyone else here who actually uses actually uses guns. I'm pretty good myself, but I think you've got me outclassed. I don't think that I've gotten to the point where I can hit a target blindfolded, ya know? Haha." Kaija said to the blind stranger, "That's pretty impressive, I'll give you that."

"I haven't watched the news in a few months," Sitri commented, deadpan. She had already learned that some of the reactions she got when she said things like that were hilarious. "I know the name, though. You were in that Nebraska thing." That was probably the last major bit of heroism-news that Sitri had been able to watch. She considered where the voice beside her was really coming from, the soft footsteps that had led up to it. "I suppose either the camera adds more pounds than I thought or that means you've got some sort of size shift going on. I'm Sitri. Moon Bird Studios Security." She made a vague gesture in the direction of where the Luna Hawk beacon was standing. Or sitting. Maybe. Details were difficult. No, she's still standing. The center is up a little more than when she sits. She still couldn't fine tune her sense that well with most people, though. Luna Hawk was easier, probably because she was more familiar, or just because Sitri found her easier to sense, and always had.

"I'd like to take the compliment, but you've probably got the edge. I used to be pretty good. Now I'm relearning. My psycho therapist says I have potential." The slight pause between the words made it quite clear that it was definitely 'psycho therapist' and not 'psychotherapist.' In private, Sitri still felt like "crazy bitch" was a more appropriate appellation, but that probably wasn't the sort of thing one was supposed to go around talking about in polite company.

Although some of the company here was hardly polite. That Warpspeed guy was scoring about an 11 on the Young Ladies' Creep Diagnostic Radar. Blech. And the young man Kaija had come in with was having all sorts of improper emotions in Kaija's general direction. It seemed to be mutual, though. Heh. Good for them. Just as long as they didn't decide to wander off to the bushes for a bit of pretend privacy.

And, of course, everyone seemed to have issues. Sitri wondered if there was such a thing as an uncomplicated hero who didn't have some sort of tangled backstory or emotional hornets' nest as fuel. Probably not. It seemed to go with the job.

"Do you do a lot of weapons work?" she inquired, redirecting her attention to the conversation at hand, "I'd thought I remembered you being more the kung fu type."

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Nice to meet you, Wes," Nathan greeted the newcomer. He glanced over at Diane, mouthed 'Friend'? with an added eyebrow of I call BS on that one. Apparently that explained Diane's newfound addiction to texting over the last few days. He wasn't going to tease her about it, though.

At least, not right now. Later, though... Oh, yeah. Later she was going to hear all about it.

He was keeping half an eye on Warpspeed, but the little girl he'd introduced himself to seemed to be okay with the attention, at least for now. Ancient gods, protect me from ever having fangirls. Or wanting them. He didn't know if the man's charisma was impressive or horrifying. Probably a little bit of both. An epic weapon of sorts... Nathan just hoped the guy knew what he was doing with it.

And that he wasn't doing something awful.

A few others seemed to be arriving. He watched the purple guy from the satellite swagger up, accompanied by a... dog? Is that a pet, or a person? Sometimes, with metas, it was hard to tell. Whatever it was, it was choosing to act like a dog, and one who was going to get tied to a tree if he didn't back off the charcuterie.

Apparently Warpspeed and Fifty Shades of Grape were an item now - or at least a team - by the way they were hanging about together. He watched them swagger across the pavilion like a couple of punks from West Side Story, half expecting them to break into a choreographed musical number. Here come the Jets, like a bat out of hell. Someone gets in our way, someone don't feel so well! Here come the Jets: Little world, step aside! Better go underground, better run, better hide! He half-whistled a bar of it, badly, but stopped after a moment out of politeness - both because he doubted the man would appreciate the comparison, and also because Nathan's whistling was really that awful. He'd never really gotten the hang of it. Close enough to be recognizable, far enough to be dissonant. Maybe he could weaponize that into a meta ability somehow.

He watched the Amethyst Agitator start in on Warden and set his mostly empty beer bottle down on the table, wondering if it was time to go break up a fight before it started, or if it was a bit too late for that. "Excuse me," he murmured to the people he was with. Time to go play peacekeeper, it looked like. Nathan went over to the two with a fixed host's smile. "Hey," he greeted the newcomer. "I recognize you from the satellite. Nathan Gray. I don't think I ever caught your name and I'm running out of synonyms for purple."

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@wes_the_hog: @lowlaville: @kaija: @warpspeed: @lunahawk:

There were so many people now it was like trying to keep track of a zoo and like a zoo, it smelled. Xae's highly evolved sense of smell was able to parse out hundreds of individual scents so at least it wasn't a storm of overwhelming odor, but rather specific scents. Fear, lust, specific individual identification scents and so on...the kind of helpful information the other guests wouldn't pick up on through scent.

"He turned back and cocked his head at Xae, "I do not mean to be rude. But while I recognize Ms Rana here, as she was at the Warden project satellite, I actually don't know you. Since I'm from France I am not aquatinted much with the sorts that hang around in America very much."

Xae smiled at the youth from France @zafir_karim and shrugged. "I used to work out of Grimm City a lot until it was destroyed. I moved to LA after but things have been somewhat quiet in this city. My name's Xae." She glanced in the direction of Nathan when she heard someone comment about 'the main even't' and frowned. "Excuse me...I think I need to back someone up for a second."

She moved through the party, taking the occasional drink from a bottle of beer she abducted somewhere along the way. Her three hundred and sixty degree vision kindly informed her that Nightwarden and some guy in purple were in a bit of a situation. Nathan was approaching already but another body wouldn't hurt. Xae crossed the party, gently slipping past several grouped people in conversation until she was standing next to Nathan. She slid her arm under his and coiled her fingers around his bicep with classic body language that strongly suggested lovers. It wasn't done to give Nathan the creeps as much as inform him without words that she was with him if something happened.

"You've got some really interesting people coming to your party." She said with a smile. "I think he's with Captain Socialism over there." She said, motioning with her free hand to Warpspeed. "Am I right?" She asked @_reynard_ "Oh you two aren't a thing are you? The way you came in together, plus the dog over there...either you're a thing or you're a team without matching colors."

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LunaHawk

@demon_diane: @wes_the_hog

Amused by the brief interaction between Diane, her obvious boyfriend and her team leader Luna Hawk stepped in once Nathan made his leave, having already been close by. She smiled and shook her head, taking a sip from a completely random drink she'd acquired. "Smooth." She teased with a grin. "Your team's new to the area isn't it? I don't believe I'm overly familiar with any of you, I met your leader briefly when all this started. My name's Luna Hawk." She offered Diana her gloved hand to shake. "It's good to see more people in LA looking out for the city and it's people, we're all a little stretched thin these days."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpspeed: @nightwarden17: @_reynard_: @lowlaville:@amyearheart: @friendo: " You would be surprised how many time's I hear a joke similar to that from drug dealers and thugs. But most of the time they just see me and go on down to the ground." This Ali guy was the one the piqued my interest the most he seemed almost normal to normal in fact it was probably just my paranoia again but I wouldn't doubt for a minute that anyone of these people here could take me down in minutes. Though I heard Warp make a comment about Reynard vs Chase almost drawing our attention to them. So this is nothing more than a damned media event for you Warp I wonder how much of what you said on TV is a lie.

But I watch as both Nathan I think that was his name and some woman in armor and a whip hints at Warp's and Reynard's relationship possibly ruining the fight before it could start. She just got my respect but either way I turned back to Evio geeking out over the heroes who were here I wonder if it was the form she had taken or whether she was actually geeking out," So Evio how's Ulysses these day's haven't heard anything out of him or Atticus for awhile since their road trip began?" I turn my head just slightly and see another friend Wes from the Minnesota case enter and immediately get's taken in by that Diane woman from the satellite and approach Nathan.

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AmyEarheart

@orange_water:

Amy fortunately saw the question coming, and her heart fluttered at the thought he was going to mention Ulysses. But she had to break the bad news to him first. She forced herself to stop fangirling and looked as serious as she could.

"Ulysses is...okay. But Atticus..." she looked at her lap as she calmed herself. "Orange, Atticus is dead." She didn't wait for him to respond before adding, "Ulysses didn't take it well, he came to me and we sort of...ended up in a relationship. So there's an upside, but it still hurts to think that Bunnelby went through all of that just to have his brother die on him."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyearheart: Evio almost seemed ready for an answer but her mood seemed to darken slightly telling me something bad but something good. The bad Atticus was dead my heart seemed to stop in that moment and filled with rage in that moment over the death of my friend but I regained control just enough not to create a violent outburst." How was he killed and when can I help you and him take the people down who did it." Wait a second did she say Bunnelby?! Looks like I didn't listen to the second half I felt my eye twitch it wasn't my tell it was me trying to understand." Congrats on getting together then Evio alway's nice to hear something good can sometimes come from situations become bad. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel."

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water:

Amy nodded. The most likely future had involved a bit more table-flipping, but then again, ESP wasn't a perfected science. It was just like knowing what the sides of the die are, and calculating which might come up. She was glad she'd gotten a two instead of a six. "Yeah. The balance is good. It's still sad what happened, though."

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Orange_Water

@friendo: @bladebrave: @gale_xanders: @amyearheart:@nightwarden17: @_reynard_:"Please give Ulysses this message for me when he finds them I want to be their to take vengeance for my freind and here's my number when you do now if you don't mind I'm going to go on and meet some of the other party goers here Evio have fun." I hand Evio my number and I begin thinking through my problems again while walking away dulling the anger the rage I felt with knowing I would avenge my friend. I began my walk towards where Reynard and Chase were it's time that I met the legend known as Reynard of course he wasn't much of a hero these day's sure he would show up during any major event like that skirmish with that villain in Miami but most of the time he would go on spouting his ideology to anyone who would listen god I hate socialists and commies but this guy just seemed to take the opportunity to just tear apart anyone who wouldn't agree with his philosophy. I wouldn't introduce myself yet though I was much more curious about the woman who had tried to stop the fight.

I finally finished walking towards the group and held my hand out to the woman in armor and introduced myself," Hello there my name is Orange Water may I ask who you are?" She didn't seem like much but I knew better than to believe that just like that Ali person no one here was just a normal human except for Chase but when you add in all his gadget's he becomes much more powerful. But she was the curiosity here to me I knew nothing of her so it's best to figure out what she's capable of.

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kaija

@demonboundsitri:

Kaija would've been disappointed if the woman standing before her hadn't made her feel so nervous. Or maybe simply saying that she was uncomfortable was more accurate. As much as she hated to admit it... she recognized the name Moon Bird Studios. Although Sitri had clearly stated that she was security guard, the implications came to effect the way that Kaija viewed the girl, if only through association. She had a great deal of questions brewing in her mind, but she decided that it was best to keep them to herself and avoid ruining the evening.

"To answer your first question: both, actually. Even when I'm only a few stories tall the camera finds a way to add a few tonnes. And... I guess not. I do more weapons training than anything, really. Most things I can just beat to death, so I don't really need weapons that often, but it's still nice to have them. You know, you can't beat everything with your fists. As odd as it sounds, to me, fighting a Kaiju doesn't feel any different than fighting a normal size metahuman. Or, hell, even just a regular dude." Kaija slowly realized that she was rambling on about work and broke gaze with Sitri for a moment before meeting her gaze once more, "Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your eyes? Also, while I'm on that topic, why is a security guard at a superhero party? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm a salarywoman too, but I'm here as someone else's date. This kinda thing isn't really for folks like me. I don't risk my life for the common good, I just do it for a paycheck, ya know?...... This suit isn't even a costume, it's just the only thing that I can wear that doesn't immediately rip or fall off when I use my powers."

Kaija laughed for a moment, stretching some of the fabric over her chest as she explained her unfortunate predicament. She gave Sitri a moment to reply before continuing, "Sorry if I'm going on about my life too much, I just don't know very many people who aren't in the damned UNKD, so it's always nice to just spew all over someone who doesn't just see me as an ungrateful employee or an overly emotional soldier. To make it up for you, how about I get you some food, maybe something to drink? Like, I'm sure that even with your temporary blindness and whatnot you can get it yourself, I know. Just think of it as a favor, eh?"

Wes_the_HOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wes_the_HOG

Wes's took a sip from his can trying to hide his embarrassment. "It took a bit longer to get away from my parents then I planned, I haven't seen them in a while. Boy, and do they worry a lot, they're times I regret telling them I was going to become a hero, and this in one of them." He said pointing to his green and red sweater with a reindeer head on the front.

She had a point though when she asked what he had expected though, in truth he didn't really know how many people he'd thought would be here. "I dunno, kinda figured it was more of a get together is all. Didn't think everyone would be close enough for people to just be revealing their alter egos though." Wes said raising a thumb in the Nightwarden's direction.

He shrugged and got to his feet and followed Diane. If he didn't realize it already, the way she stressed friend gave him the feeling that she might just be a tiny bit annoyed by his lateness. He'd have to find a way to make it up to her at some point, maybe they could go out to eat after the party. Wes pushed the thought aside, later first he had to mingle. He extended his hand to Nathan. "So your Nathan, I've heard quite a lot about you. You and your team are doing a lot of good out there."

As Nathan left to go talk with another one of the party guest someone else walked up to both him and Diane. She introduced herself as Luna Hawk, a name he could have sworn he'd heard before. "Well, nice to meet you. Name's Wes by the way, I'm Diane's friend."He said with an over the top wink.