Avatar image for peter_greystoke
#1 Edited by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
  • This is a medieval fantasy-type RPG.  That means no guns, lasers, robots, atom bombs, etc.
  • It does not have to be canon for anyone or their characters.
  • New accounts are optional.
  • Players may chose to be Vampires, Centaurs, Lycans, Elves, or Humans.
  • Standard RPG Rules / Rates apply.
  • RPG Thread Here.

Synopsis:

Background:  The Four Kingdoms

Three hundred years ago, the world was a different place.  It began with the establishment of the Four Kingdoms. The first kingdom was the realm of the vampires.  Creatures of the dark, they were able to formulate their plans during the day, then execute them at night.  The second kingdom belonged to the centaurs.  These majestic beasts emerged as powerful warriors.  The third kingdom were the lycans.  By day, they had the appearance of men; but by night, they would transform into ferocious predators.  The fourth and final kingdom belonged to the elves.  Virtuous and noble, these beings lived in harmony with nature.

Demetri Nostrovich
Demetri Nostrovich
Oreius
Oreius
Together, the Four Kingdoms lived alongside mortal men.  The vampires were led by their king, DemetriNostrovich.  Though he cooperated in maintaining balance, his ambition was great.  He craved power more than he even craved blood.  As a leader, he established a powerful military among the vampires and created many powerful weapons of war.  The centaurs were led by King Oreius, a just leader who always placed the needs of his people above his own.  King Oreius was known for his generosity and his strong interaction with humans.  He kept not only his own lands well-protected, but protected the humans as well.

Malcolm Greystoke
Malcolm Greystoke
Sylvan
Sylvan
Though divided at first, the lycans were eventually united when they crowned their own king, Malcolm Greystoke.  King Greystoke taught his people that they were more than animals and that they could rise above their primitive instincts and become more in life.  As a result, the lycans had managed to control their thirst for human blood.  Finally, the fourth kingdom of the elves was ruled by their king, Sylvan.  Highly virtuous, Sylvan led by example.  He believed that war should be only a last resort, for he highly valued peace.  However, when the time for war would come, Sylvan would put himself on the front lines of battle, ready to suppress his foe.

Betrayal

King Nostrovich was not content with the Four Kingdoms.  While there was currently a balance of power, he wanted the scale to be tipped in his favor.  Thirsty for power, he began to devise a plan.  Nostrovich wanted there to be ONE superior race... the vampires.  The other races could remain; but they would be subject to the rule of the vampires.  Whether it be to serve as their slaves or as their food, the remaining three races would forever be in servitude to the vampires.

One night, Nostrovich sent vampiric assassins to each of the three other kingdoms.  In the dead of night, the vampires, under a banner of peace, attacked the leaders of the three kingdoms.  King Oreius, Greystoke, and Sylvan were all targeted.  Oreius was the first to fall.  His generosity and trusting nature allowed the vampires to get close enough..... to bleed him dry.  Next, the vampires tried to take Sylvan; but the elf managed to escape.  Finally, Malcolm was targeted.  However, being creatures of the night, the lycans were able to stop the assassins.  In one night, the balance was shifted.  The peace was shattered, and a war had begun...

Blood Wars

Confident that his military could suppress the two remaining kingdoms, Nostrovich declared war upon the lycans and the elves.  The centaurs were now leaderless, thus in the need of an urgent reconstruction.  In an effort to suppress Nostrovich and restore the balance and peace, King Greystoke and Sylvan led an army of lycans and elves on an assault of Nostrovich's imposing mountain citadel.  However, Nostrovich had summoned an army of men to fight for his cause out of fear.  During the battle, both sides took heavy casualties.

For a moment, it appeared as if the lycans and elves would win the battle.  However, King Malcolm was shot three times with silver-tipped arrows.  When that happened, the lycan and elven forces were beaten back.  Through his treachery, Nostrovich had finally achieved vampiric superiority.

With the vampires rapidly increasing in numbers, the elves were forced to fall back into obscurity.  In the final moments, Sylvan managed to rescue his fallen comrade's son, Peter Greystoke.  Peter Greystoke would remain the rightful heir to the lycan throne.  Sylvan raised Peter, kept him safe, and taught him how to fight.  The time would come when the the young lycan would grow up.

300 Years Later:

Vampires:

They are the dominant class.  Even though they only emerge at night, these creatures rule the known world with an iron fist.  Other races have been enslaved to them.  The vampires are highly advanced as well.  Their warriors patrol the land fully-armored and on horseback.  Their castles are highly fortified with ballistae mounted upon the walls.  The vampires are still under the rule of their immortal lord, who has now given himself the title of Emperor Demetri Nostrovich.

Centaurs:

Divided after the fall of King Oreius, these creatures serve mostly as beasts of burden for the vampires.  While most are in complete bondage, there are few who have joined a resistance.  Once a proud and majestic race of nobility, the centaurs strive to regain their former status.

Lycans:

Like the centaurs, the lycans became divided and leaderless after the death of their king, Malcolm Greystoke.  As of late, they blend in with normal humans during the daytime.  However, they have the ability to change into their lycan form with the full moon.  They tend to dwell in the forests and in the mountains.  While many of the lycans have been made into slaves, some of them have managed to form a resistance movement.  Their warriors are each highly skilled with a sword and bow as well and usually remain cloaked often, utilizing stealth.  However, these creatures have one primary weakness: silver.

Elves:

Besides Nostrovich, the only other ruler to have survived over the years is Sylvan of the elves.  As of late, the elves have been content to remain safe deep within the forests.  Throughout many years, they have lived in peace.  However, if threatened, they may once again bear arms to protect themselves.  These warriors are more skilled with bows and stealth maneuvers than any other race.  Their sense rival those of the lycans.  Their race is being hunted down.  Above all, the vampires wish to completely exterminate the elves.

Humans:

Mortal men and women strive to survive in the harsh world they live in.  The vampires rule over them with an iron fist.  Humans are merely food to the vampires.  Also, they do their bidding during the daytime.  Whether it be looking over the vampires' domain or finding new slaves, the humans serve merely as tools.  The fear of death is what keeps them subservient to the vampires.  Whenever any humans have protested or have tried to revolt, the vampires make examples of the revolting parties and use fear to their advantage.  The humans have the potential to be great.  However, they only need a leader....
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio

wow thats full on

#3 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

I might take part in this with my Drizzt account.

#4 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"I might take part in this with my Drizzt account."
I was hoping you would, lol.
#5 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

Does magic work or exist? Magical gear, equipment or weapons etc, Or magical racial traits. Like dark elves can generate a soft glowing light, or globes of darkness etc.

#6 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Greystoke said:
"Andferne said:
"I might take part in this with my Drizzt account."
I was hoping you would, lol."
I may be keen..

who is running it?
#7 Posted by Kurrent (14282 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool...I might get in one this

Avatar image for demitri_nostrovich
#8 Posted by Demitri_Nostrovich (23 posts) - - Show Bio

See now, I can show the world that the lycans are nothing but scum.

#9 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"Does magic work or exist? Magical gear, equipment or weapons etc, Or magical racial traits. Like dark elves can generate a soft glowing light, or globes of darkness etc."
Good point..... Sure, if you want to use it.

Kurrent said:
"Looks cool...I might get in one this"
Awesome.
#10 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Greystoke said:
"Andferne said:
"Does magic work or exist? Magical gear, equipment or weapons etc, Or magical racial traits. Like dark elves can generate a soft glowing light, or globes of darkness etc."
I don't think I'll use the magical weapons and gear, but I can have fun with the racial traits.
#11 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, not sure if I will join though.

#12 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"Peter Greystoke said:
"Andferne said:
I don't think I'll use the magical weapons and gear, but I can have fun with the racial traits."
Yeah man.  Each race has their own special qualities that make them badass.
#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry i was asking who is running it

#14 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Elven Ranger here I come. ^^ and no Ranger is complete without an animal companion. Mine is a 500 pound panther named Guenhwyvar. :D

#15 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"sorry i was asking who is running it"
Not sure why it matters who made the rpg...
#16 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! 

Goes to get his medieval account :DDDDDDDDD

#17 Posted by Allenheart (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm posting soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#18 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt said:
".Mistress Redhead. said:
Not sure why it matters who made the rpg..."
does for me ^^
#19 Posted by Allenheart (29 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Drizzt said:
does for me ^^"
So, that's why you didn't contribute to mine when I made it  :' -(  :-P

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG A midiaval RP how cool :D

<-----------Is writing his post XD

#20 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Allenheart said:
"Drizzt said:
does for me ^^"
o.O when did i not play in yours??

its got nothing to do with who it is.. i just like to know.. im unsure why im getting harrasment for it

I was planning on playing..
#21 Posted by Okami (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be in on this. I need to write a bio for myself anyway.

#22 Posted by Gracia Hughes (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Female Vampire here!

#23 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio
Allenheart said:
<-----------Is writing his post XD
Same. ^^
#24 Posted by Okami (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try to write one for tomorrow

#25 Posted by Kurrent (14282 posts) - - Show Bio

Quick question....In medieval movies and stuff of that nature when people say their proper name some say

Kurrent son of RL

and others say...

Kurrent of Florida

What is the distinction between these? Does one certain way show nobility or something?

#26 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio

My post's almost done.

#27 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Quick question....In medieval movies and stuff of that nature when people say their proper name some say

Kurrent son of RL

and others say...

Kurrent of Florida

What is the distinction between these? Does one certain way show nobility or something?
 "
I think one's just a way to show some pride on your roots.
#28 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Quick question....In medieval movies and stuff of that nature when people say their proper name some say

Kurrent son of RL

and others say...

Kurrent of Florida

"
I believe some might just have to do with who you are and not really a distinction between station. If your family is more well known I would see the Son of title being used more. If not then it would be from the land. Of course it could always be a combination of both. Kurrent, Son of RL, Knight of Florida etc
#29 Posted by Allenheart (29 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Allenheart said:
"Drizzt said:
does for me ^^"

its got nothing to do with who it is.. i just like to know.. im unsure why im getting harrasment for it

I was planning on playing.."
I forgot lol XD

o.O OMG!!!!!!!! You would be a vampire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna fight you XD

Okami said:
"I'd be in on this. I need to write a bio for myself anyway."
OKAMI - That's Wolf in Japanese! I think, or was it Chinese? Is one of those languages! XD

#30 Posted by Kurrent (14282 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt said:
"Kurrent said:

Kurrent son of RL

and others say...

Kurrent of Florida

"
I believe some might just have to do with who you are and not really a distinction between station. If your family is more well known I would see the Son of title being used more. If not then it would be from the land. Of course it could always be a combination of both. Kurrent, Son of RL, Knight of Florida etc"
The last was is way better
#31 Posted by Okami (38 posts) - - Show Bio
Allenheart said:
"Allenheart said:
"Drizzt said:
does for me ^^"

I forgot lol XD

o.O OMG!!!!!!!! You would be a vampire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna fight you XD

Okami said:
"I'd be in on this. I need to write a bio for myself anyway."
OKAMI - That's Wolf in Japanese! I think, or was it Chinese? Is one of those languages! XD

"
Yeah it is! Some of you mau recognize this account from it's breif appearance on the Vice. Well, I've westernized the abilites a bit and hopefully this RP will give me a back story.
#32 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted.

#33 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Allenheart said:

I forgot lol XD

"
LMAO nah i woulndt have been a vamp i would have been an elf.

well i have no memory, though i tend to suck at remembering stuff!
#34 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Allenheart said:
"Drizzt said:
does for me ^^"

At this point, a few people may be running it.... myself, and possibly a few others.  Sorry for not answering sooner.
#35 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Greystoke said:
 At this point, a few people may be running it.... myself, and possibly a few others.  Sorry for not answering sooner."
Thats fine
#36 Posted by Lady Nightmare (8662 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm i might join as blood lust

#37 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#38 Posted by Okami (38 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Nightmare said:
"hmm i might join as blood lust"
o.o
#39 Posted by Allenheart (29 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Greystoke said:
"Posted."
Nice hunting post XD

I'm writing my merchandising post XD
#40 Posted by Lady Nightmare (8662 posts) - - Show Bio
Okami said:
"Lady Nightmare said:
o.o"
que?
#41 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted.

#42 Posted by Okami (38 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Nightmare said:
"Okami said:
"Lady Nightmare said:
o.o"
que?"
N-Nothing
#43 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
" i would have been an elf.
points to a flamboyant hat and a colorful vest :P
#44 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice post Peter G

#45 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt said:
"Nice post Peter G"
Likewise.

It's always nice to have a fellow hunter around.
#46 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone has got to keep those pesky bloodsuckers from entering My forest. ^^

#47 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26678 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt said:
" i would have been an elf.
points to a flamboyant hat and a colorful vest :P"
oh................dear god...................... now you have me all tingly..........

do you think i should?

could i do him justice???
#48 Posted by Drizzt (583 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"oh................dear god...................... now you have me all tingly..........

do you think i should?

could i do him justice???"
Just depends on the type of character you want to play. Honestly I'm not sure our eye patch friend would be good for this setting. Unless you have him working all ends. Aligning with the Vamps and Elves, pitting them against one another for the most money and benefit.
#49 Posted by Lady Nightmare (8662 posts) - - Show Bio
Okami said:
"Lady Nightmare said:
"Okami said:
"Lady Nightmare said:
o.o"
que?"
N-Nothing"

suurre
#50 Posted by Peter Greystoke (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Drizzt said:
"Someone has got to keep those pesky bloodsuckers from entering My forest. ^^"
Something tells me our paths shall cross soon, my friend.