#551 Edited by Trinity-Blue (4148 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironphantom: Well, when it does play out, I wanna hear the ideas for the other ways.

#552 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: It's just the one way I'm planning actually, an idea got stuck in my head for how it might play out and I like it.

If it goes any other way I'm just gonna rely on my adaptability.

#553 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: @ironphantom:

The temporal vampire said its piece and Alex sent the message along to Maverick with passive reaction. The temporal vampire had a sort of theatric nature that was to be expected. All the while Maverick was constantly prepared so it wasn't a concern of hers. Then came the reaction of the mechanical companion, and that was a comment that managed to claw at the composure of Alex. The retaliatory response started by displaying a picture in her wallet. The gesture put forth an image of a young archer f chocolate hair and eyes. Beside her a younger brother and sister a loving mom and the background Gothic's city structure.

"I grew up here, granted your argument is already wasted by being on the level of a YouTube comentor. God forbid someone have an opinion if it doesn't meet a self imposed stipulation." Pausing Alex took a moment to spawn riffs for those who could still move in the rubble. Those perceived as having a chance to claw there way to safety with that aid. Alex wasn't opposed to helping, lives did matter. Every second wasted though was a better chance for Satar to continue his campaign.

"Maybe this makes me sound robotic, but many of this league I imagine can see my point of view. This job seeped in death doesn't get easier but you have to know when and how to shut off those emotions. We survived how much? We don't need to turn to the Devils for an answer. Gothic is shit, but the answer isn't looking to the Black House, instead here's a thought anyone who works an average job. Struggling to make it honestly in a city damned by its nation." Her knuckles were white, Gothic wasn't pure anarchy opening ones eyes and reaching out was an answer not adding to the problem. She knew it wasn't the easy solution but nothing worth it was easy.

"Can I just take this League back to the hideout, can take the wounded to if you want. I get that it's emotional, but I want to know Satar is done. Can't cry for the dead when so many more corpses can be expected as long as he's loose."

(Still trying to get back into the feel of writing, shaking off that dust but I liked that post)

#554 Edited by Arquitenens (12015 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: @ironphantom: @timesiphon:

Abigail heard the cosmic vampire begin to respond, and she turned away. Words from a girl who didn't even know her, that's all they were. She didn't care, even if some of them felt half-right. She didn't care. Who ever said she deserved forgiveness anyway? All she wanted was to leave that place. Nothing else. But they just kept coming. People were dead. Abigail Aensland killed them. A few of her own had been captured and their lives too rested on her shoulders. She wouldn't find a silver lining that night, or any certain conclusions one way or another. She wouldn't find solitude either; not if her present company could help it. With their continued persistence she started to feel more irritated than even anger or guilt.

At least, until he spoke up.

"What have you done?"

His words stole the breath from her lungs. She wished he wouldn't. Him of all people, why couldn't he just listen? Why couldn't anybody just listen?

Her hand fell to her belt line and closed into a fist. His voice stopped her, but Abigail didn't turn around. She bit back a sobbing reaction, but tears flowed freely down both cheeks. Between the strangers, Ishmael and the situation, her mind was an inconsolable torrent, of guilt and self-hate and irritation. But that night, it seemed, no one cared about anything. Headstrong and ever-defiant, the Maverick archer retorted with a fire of her own and then went right back at Abigail.

That was it. Exasperated, Abby turned and threw her arms wide. "Are you daft? Are you dead from the neck up? People are dead. God knows how many more might be injured. Human lives. So forgive me if I don't give a damn about your bloody'point of view!' Your 'point of view' thank you so very much for sharing means nothing to me. So just shut the hell up and leave me be."

She turned a softer, apologetic gaze toward the AI. "I'll explain later. Just...please, I need a little time." Brooking no further arguments, she squeezed her clenched fist and from it a flash erupted, accompanied by a thick haze. And through it, Raysh al-Shaytan and her followers vanished as well.

#555 Posted by Arbitrator (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: Jury duty in a bit, but you can bet I'll be responding to that today.

#556 Posted by Arquitenens (12015 posts) - - Show Bio

@arbitrator: Oh! My God! I swear when I saw the name I thought somebody else was jumping in. But it's you!

#557 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: (Yup, just me, no need to panic =), on the other hand, you're going to get an earful after you get back from whatever soul searching you're off to perform.)

#558 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: @arquitenens:

It was moments like these that made the Phantom regret creating a form without active facial expression, instead it simply stared at the brunette archer, its eyes glowing with the same constant soft white glow it always possessed. "I think you misunderstand. If you survived here you were not a part of the group I was referring to, you possessed the power to bite and scratch your way out of here. What hope does the long forgotten drug addict, mind eroded from years of abuse, have of finding a decent job here? What hope do the mentally and physically deficient have of surviving without the mercy of those that lord over them? They serve as their eyes and ears because they have no other means of survival. Not all are as powerful as you, this does not warrant death." Its eyes scanned hers, and none could tell who's were the colder.

"At least not in my opinion. They gave in, did what they had to to scrape by. This is a shanty town, built for those that have no other place in this city, is it so hard to believe there are those with no other option but to live here? To die here?"

Then the machine turned half away, careful not to slight her further with its body language. It had been designed to show more caution when approaching people, when stepping into fragile situations, but that part of its programming had been corrupted long ago. Its priorities shifting once it had a physical form, once it found it could effect the world through more than simple speech. Could she be reasoned with? Perhaps, but it had other matters to attend to first.

"I'll explain later...Just please, I need a little time."

"But--" Foom! and she was gone.

He reached out, steel grasping at wisps of smoke as she vanished. She had been wounded, the blood told the machine as much, but more worrying was the obvious damage she had suffered to her soul. Her tone, the defeated posture, shoulders down, her eye(s) downcast, hardly able to meet the machine's gaze, the clear weariness of a burden shouldered in solitude. It left the AI conflicted, but in the end she had made the decision for it. She had retreated, abandoned them to their fates.

"They need your help..." Its eyes wandered out to the countless heat signatures buried beneath the rubble, some already clawing their way through the Maverick archer's portals, others pinned beneath the stone and steel, and more still, the majority, already fading away, their bright orange-yellow lights equalizing with the dark blues of the depths below.

It took to the labor of shoveling away debris, each piece disrupting the structure of those below. It would be involved work for most, but not the machine. Calculations of force utilized vs. instability of the structure were performed at incredible speed, the actions yielding greatest results with the least possible risk. It was relatively easy work, done without conscious thought, and for a task so monumental as the salvation of others it was rather dull, not at all flashy or attention grabbing, particularly in a place such as Gothic where the media dared not wander. So he dug, his mind struggling to comprehend her actions.

How could she abandon them, no matter what had occurred here? This... Its hands lifted a substantial amount of concrete, steel rebar jutting from the rock, and tossed it aside, away from a pocket of survivors. This is the work of a hero, to help those that cannot help themselves...

Unconscious, three out of the five. The smallest of them, a child, five or six, lay cradled in her mother's arms, dead. The only conscious one, the father, was in no condition to speak, much less move. He cradled the mother and child as the machine extracted the three of them, but there were no medical staff to treat them, no police force to help with evacuations. There was only them, the volunteers, the vigilantes, the heroes. Minus one. One and her army.

How could she leave... Its eyes swept the landscape, searched out the countless souls down below.

Abigail, what happened to you?

#559 Posted by Arquitenens (12015 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironphantom: I knew you'd find a way to make things worse. -___-

#560 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio
#561 Posted by Arquitenens (12015 posts) - - Show Bio
#563 Posted by IronPhantom (487 posts) - - Show Bio
#564 Posted by Satar (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish I could've written down a confrontation between Satar and Thee Champion in a blog or something.

#565 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still sad I missed this :(

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
#566 Edited by Damien_Bonaparte (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Days after the Cave-In.

>>Suggested Music<<

The Black House had a peculiar way of disposing of intruder's bodies. They weren't men after all, nor animals entirely to fight over the leftovers. Nothing that savage, they knew the ailments that came with cannibalism. Instead they marked their kills so that wherever they went after they'd carry their brand of post-mortem brutality. They were territorial by nature. And the cadavers? They'd leave them where they were felled, wrapped tightly in rusty-barbwire for future despots to see and for carrions to rot.

No Caption Provided

In Russia they called him 'Baba Yaga' and a man would tell you that it meant 'The Boogeyman', but that wasn't the proper definition of that word. Baba Yaga did not prey solely on little children. It was this nigh-lovecraftian creature of the night dwelling in a cottage that had the leg of a chicken to move about with - for her master to capture all stray folk simpler. Not to eat, but desolate and destroy. Baba Yaga wasn't the Boogeyman, it was the thing you'd send to skullf*&k the goddamn Boogeyman.

No Caption Provided

But Baba Yaga hadn't died in the cave in, he was merely dormant to save his strength under the tons of concrete-steel and metalwork. Baba Yaga didn't die in the after torment, he lived through it and felt every waking moment of his body being shredded and torn by the corroded thorns. Baba Yaga found this 'death' boresome and just stood up after two days of fighting off nature that sought to break down his body. Baba Yaga beat Jesus by a day.

There is no grave that can hold down a Bonaparte.

But unlike the alleged son of God, Baba Yaga didn't return to deliver you from all the sins of your past and future. He wasn't the great unifier and healer of the sick. You see, Baba Yaga was the Spirit of Murder...

...and he was f*&king pissed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
#567 Posted by deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0 (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Days after the Cave-In.

>>Suggested Music<<

The Black House had a peculiar way of disposing of intruder's bodies. They weren't men after all, nor animals entirely to fight over the leftovers. Nothing that savage, they knew the ailments that came with cannibalism. Instead they marked their kills so that wherever they went after they'd carry their brand of post-mortem brutality. They were territorial by nature. And the cadavers? They'd leave them where they were felled, wrapped tightly in rusty-barbwire for future despots to see and for carrions to rot.

No Caption Provided

In Russia they called him 'Baba Yaga' and a man would tell you that it meant 'The Boogeyman', but that wasn't the proper definition of that word. Baba Yaga did not prey solely on little children. It was this nigh-lovecraftian creature of the night dwelling in a cottage that had the leg of a chicken to move about with - for her master to capture all stray folk simpler. Not to eat, but desolate and destroy. Baba Yaga wasn't the Boogeyman, it was the thing you'd send to skullf*&k the goddamn Boogeyman.

No Caption Provided

But Baba Yaga hadn't died in the cave in, he was merely dormant to save his strength under the tons of concrete-steel and metalwork. Baba Yaga didn't die in the after torment, he lived through it and felt every waking moment of his body being shredded and torn by the corroded thorns. Baba Yaga found this 'death' boresome and just stood up after two days of fighting off nature that sought to break down his body. Baba Yaga beat Jesus by a day.

There is no grave that can hold down a Bonaparte.

But unlike the alleged son of God, Baba Yaga didn't return to deliver you from all the sins of your past and future. He wasn't the great unifier and healer of the sick. You see, Baba Yaga was the Spirit of Murder...

Diggin the Baba Yaga theme
Diggin the Baba Yaga theme

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
#568 Posted by Damien_Bonaparte (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_shaytan: Thanks man, however I borrowed the initial idea from John Wick :P

I love that movie.

#569 Posted by Madridista (103 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Burst-proof and draped in nanotube skeletons, the car tires burned a trail on the empty road. The mechanical roars of VR38DETT twin-turbo V6 engines hung thick in the air, echoing violently as Nissan GT-R NISMO N-Attacks sped through the streets of Gothic, their xenon headlights casting a sky blue glow in the darkness of night. In the passenger seat, Genki's hazel eyes glanced at the GPS location on his phone's screen, "We are a minute away", his voice echoed, dark and monotone with a subtle but exotic mix of Spanish and Japanese inflections. "Be ready", the Dragon warned, casting an earnest glance the driver's way. Behind them his entourage trailed, Espada assassins and spies in identical Nissan GT-Rs.

Soon the engine roars became hums and the cars came to an abrupt stop, skid marks marring the road behind them. The passenger door swung open and The Beast From The East emerged, his Espada assassins flanking him, the silver blades of their weapons shimmering under the moonlight. Before them was the supposed entrance of Black House, formerly the Brahma Brotherhood's base of operations in Gothic City. The entrance was an abandoned hospital building, and behind it? The informal layout of a caved in shanty town, laid to waste by the exploits of an Abigail Aensland. Their cars parked in formation, Genki strode forward, carrying himself with the cold confidence of a seasoned killer, his gloved hands slipped comfortably into his pockets.

"Enter the shanty town remains", he said, his Espada assassins complying, "Kill everyone inside", he commanded, his voice empty of warmth and softness, "And re-purpose the base. It is ours now".

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
#570 Edited by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
#571 Posted by Madridista (103 posts) - - Show Bio
#572 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
#573 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: Only cars I've seen hated here are muscle cars. They f'n hate them, LOL.

#574 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Only cars I've seen hated here are muscle cars. They f'n hate them, LOL.

O_O

What kinda commie horseshit is that lol
What kinda commie horseshit is that lol
#575 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: Haha, it's funny because I love muscle cars. The Ford Mustang GT's one of my favorite cars but if you say that in my part of Europe? Oh man, LMAO. You'll get people saying you like cars that don't need steering wheels, LOL.

#576 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: Thats kinda the point though. It takes a 'legit' driver to handle a muscle car with any sorta precision and skill. You could slap a 5 year old behind the wheel of some of these Nissans out here and they'll drive themselves.

"MURIKA!!!"

#577 Edited by Marcus_Crowne (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

>When you've rocked both a Lexus LFA and a BMW M4 before but no one remembers

I see how it is.
I see how it is.

#578 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: I don't understand the steering wheel bit though because we have a history of loving exotics and if you've ever driven a pre-modern supercar? You'd know they were very hard to handle but people still liked them here. In fact they still like them. I honestly think people here just don't like muscle cars because they just happen to be American-made, LOL. My sister'd get all kinds of looks whenever she'd get behind her Ford.

#579 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio
#580 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: lol hard to handle but they still had power-steering. Old school GTO's had no ps and were all kinds of gnarly, mustangs too. I think you're spot on with the "american made" thing, at least symbolically. Cause everything's kray kray now. Dodge/Chrysler merged with Fiat so its not as American as many believe. Even the Stang's tranny is now made in China (and a few other countries...like Mexico lol) -_______- Chevy's are being made in Canada, while BMW is manufactured here in the States....wtf is going on hahaha.

#581 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

>When you've rocked both a Lexus LFA and a BMW M4 before but no one remembers

I see how it is.
I see how it is.
No Caption Provided

#582 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: Haha, and the funniest part about it is that the people who hate muscle cars here are the ones who say "It's for experienced and educated drivers" to people who say old school supercars are hard to drive. The hypocrisy, LOL. Everything's out of control. I mean, a celebrity just became the US president!

#583 Posted by Marcus_Crowne (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
#584 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: I'm not touching that last bit lol

What are you setting up with Madrista anyway?

#585 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: I wanna have a sword fight with your Deathstroke alt. I wanna start some shit in Gothic and forge connections in the criminal underworld.

@marcus_crowne: I'm gonna PM you about Bonaparte at some point. I wanna do something with him and Madridista.

#586 Posted by Ali_Sani_Bashir (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
#587 Posted by Marcus_Crowne (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
#588 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio
#589 Posted by sal_salvatore (13 posts) - - Show Bio

>.> I wish the CVNU CVU stuff was more clear could be fun getting Sal in on this. But I feel like I should keep him to CVU <.<

Good stuff though none the less

#590 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@sal_salvatore: Sal is strictly a CVU character? Because I've moved my nU canon to the CVU so it's all the same to me, LOL. You're free to jump in.

#591 Posted by sal_salvatore (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: I figured that was the best route to go with him. But seeing as that ain't a concern, expect somethin likely sometime in the near future ^.^ I may not be a Gambler but I can still set out to be a G

#592 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio
#593 Posted by Arenaceus_ (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: I am gona hold off at least till done with work though I've done more then enough posting on the atrocity that is mobile xD

#594 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@arenaceus_: Haha, no worries. I like the Kingpin look a lot btw. I still have no idea how he hasn't been used much.

#595 Posted by Arenaceus_ (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: that decision does go to our boy Gambler, I just refused to let a solid Kingpin alt go to waste >:D he's one of the coolest villains out there imo though I do get the under use.

>.> it is a world filled with model looking, super athletic individuals lol

#596 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@arenaceus_: Oh I know, I remember when he first came up with the alt. I'm glad it's still being used. I'm with you on that. He's one of my favorite comic book villains. I could write an entire analysis on why I love Kingpin haha.

LOL, right? Makes me wanna reuse my old Fat Cobra alt.

#597 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@ali_sani_bashir: It's Zauby's fault, her violent tendencies are a plague.

Honestly I'm torn between "how dare you blame me" and "glad I'm getting due credit."

#598 Posted by Thee_Champion (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@ananke: Of course I blame you, we're all in this together. If I die, you're dying with me. But if you don't, at least gather all seven Dragon Balls and bring me back.

#599 Posted by Ananke (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@thee_champion: I can never die. It is not a thing that can happen. My power is too maximum.

Avatar image for el_cano_kilborn
#600 Posted by El_Cano_Kilborn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna have a sword fight with your Deathstroke alt.

Just remember, you asked for this
Just remember, you asked for this