Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

5 Days Ago

At long last, Dante thought, deeply gazing into reddened hues of the setting sun. He gracefully hovered over a wide sea of endless blue, arms folded in an innate exhibition of suave swagger. His muscles relaxed as a cool breeze wafted oceany saltiness past his nose. The gentle, resonating swaying of the sea below was befitting of the unparalleled composure positively lining his exterior. And yet, past that (Kept inward), his heart leapt with joy. Elation at the prospect of what would soon proceed coursed through him, fueling him with a seemingly endless degree of energy. Glee having gone missing for quite some time.

Everything was now in place. He had amassed the technology, had planned out the re-population, and all that was left for him to do was to bring the land he intended to rule into the planet that billions shared.

It finally happens.

His eyes gleamed through the expressionless, silvery helm like vibrant pools of deepest crimson. Metal clad hands glide up to the sides of his hood, viridescent cloak audibly billowing behind him as he lowered it from his head. Intaking a gulp of cold, salty air, his moderately sized fingers lowered to the points around his neck, tightening around the edges of the mask. Radiant eyes shut, he detached the menacing helm from the suit, fingers snaking around its chins as his left arm drooped off to the side.

His lips were curled into content beam, pure, unaltered, void of its arrogant taint. A bang golden as the brightest sun fell across his forehead, debonair-lined visage flawlessly complimenting his grin, which stretched from ear to ear.

His brilliantly lean frame was momentarily shadowed as the Arch-Bots of his creation descended around him, grey forms kept afloat by anti-gravitational components built into them. "Be prepared to initiate terraforming and structural creation protocols when the landmass is transported here," Dante ordered, calm inflection exhibiting admirably commanding undertones. Brilliant azure shone through the Arch-Bots eyes at Lord Aventus' command, mechanical tones resounding in guaranteed carrying out of his will.

"Good... we can commence."

For but a moment, Dante's eyes shut closed, free hand slowly extending outward, as though grasping something unseen. Fairly pointed chin tilted downward, under his breath, he had begun to mutter something... something incomprehensible, almost somber. Almost like lyrics, or perhaps, an oath. His voice softened considerably as he spoke it, grin fading ever so slightly...

Ego vero beneficio populi mei.

In eorum solatium, amica mea regna.

Qui ante me aspiciet me in generatione hac.

Eorum fines usibus notitia bellatum est mihi.

Ac ob id ego in hanc potestatem.

Quia Rex sum.

More poem then song, but truly, it was a promise. His word, his vow as King.

As the final world rang out, his eyes opened, gaze shifting to the ocean below. Akin to a storm, the waves had begun to roar. The air began to constrict, before spiraling outward, greatly rushing winds audible to the soon-to-be-king that induced them. And just as a mortal would motion a key opening a doorway, his hand twisted, fingers clenched.

"So come forth, my kingdom, my home. The world befitting of your rebirth is set, and your prince has ascended to reign. Archium, come! King Aventus calls for it!" He cried, glaring forward as thrust his arm upward. In an instant, vibrant blocks of deepest black and red began to flake outward from around his gloved hand, rigid arcs of crimson shooting out like a narrow maze. Overtaking the armored avatar in its radiance, the maze continued to expand, tiny, slender cracks accompanying their wake. As the bridge between space, between realities, was thrust apart, the seas themselves had begun to part, monstrous torrents rushing out for indefinite lengths.

For that brief instant, a mass length of ocean was bathed in blinding white, to which Dante didn't avert his eyes. Violent whips of air blew past him, almost shortening his breaths. The blocks had begun to dissipate, with the maze appearing to shatter in sheer nothingness. The light had begun to die down, the saline scent all but vanished.

And finally, he shut his eyes.... and opened them again.

What he saw made his hands tremble, helm almost slipping from his left hand. As he made his descent, his feet touched... the roof of deadened, mossy structure. Dust and growth covered symbols were visible across the magnificently designed buildings in this area, with towering trees darkening the grounds. Several, browning leaves fluttered past him, his right hand gently clasping around one, swirling orbs brightening as he gazed down at it, before allowing it to glide from his grasp.

After all this time... even overgrown with moss, it's just as beautiful as before, he thought, suave countenance flecked with not only surprise, but with.... utmost glee. A laugh escaped him as he heavily dropped to the ground, head tilting around as he drunk it all in. The rising emotion inward went beyond words. Beyond any form of saying. Beyond a sense of accomplishment, or satisfaction. Even beyond what he would prefer to outwardly express.

He was home.

Confident swagger overtook his posture as multitudes of Arch-Bots descended behind him, apathetically staring upon him as they awaited his signal. As he turned towards them, head and face adorned in the viridescent hood and silvery mask, his eyes glinted proudly. As he strode forward, cloak sweeping behind him, he firmly stated one last thing.

"Initiate the New Archium protocol. We have retrieved the land from Aetheroth... and now, we build."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I'll stick with this writing style. Definitely think it's an improvement, and I definitely put in more emotion in the writing than usual.

But yeah, hope people enjoy this prelude to Archium.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

*looks at title of thread*

I feel only slightly betrayed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt said:

*looks at title of thread*

I feel only slightly betrayed.

Technically, Arch is actually the ninth continent.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

North and South America, Europe, Asia, Antarctica, Australia, Africa...

Skellbrieg? It's not part of the CVnU any longer, unless something else popped up and I haven't been paying any attention.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice stuff!

Also, North and South aren't supposed to be different continents >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt:

Oh, forgot mate.

Eighth Continent then? But, I don't necessarily want to use the 'Eighth Continent', cuz that's the name you'd already employed for Skellbrieg (Even though it's not part of the CVnU anymore).

@_drake Thanks!

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

It's its own planet in GG/WV. I'll even edit the title.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: We soooooo need to do stuff on Skelly again. Like Vor'zhul/Gaiseric kind of stuff with something that resembles the Band of the Ivory Skull.

That and I wanna use my Guts account =P

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake:

Pretty much why it's there, bae :P

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, so Arturia knows a king now.

Manipulation/hedonism in-bound!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: Stop by Arch sometime and we can do another interaction with Dante and Arturia. :)

@thisisgonnahurt: Alright. I'll go through and edit out Aeth/Skelly stuff and Infernal Phalanx tomorrow.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt

Edited.

I guess it teleported into the oceans where Skelly use to be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A month later, I finally realize where I goofed up in this story. Fixed.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma blow it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt:

Nor do I care to. You are dismissed from Aventus' presence, rejoice that you were able to bask in it for even a few moments.
Nor do I care to. You are dismissed from Aventus' presence, rejoice that you were able to bask in it for even a few moments.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

I want Ghoul to get his ass kicked by Aventus now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: Just swing by Archium, or we could have an OOC/IC thing. Dante gladly accepts 1 v 1 duels.