Behind the Curtain OOC

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#651  Edited By Maelstrom

I've realized that playing the dark/evil characters have always been most enjoyable. Especially when you go from a heroic character to a truly dark and dangerous character.

Ahh, the good times.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#652  Edited By Methos

yeah... i suppose that's what i really like about Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern...

he went from being a founding member of the JLA, to punching superman out and trying to restart the universe :D

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#653  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Maelstrom says:

"I've realized that playing the dark/evil characters have always been most enjoyable. Especially when you go from a heroic character to a truly dark and dangerous character. Ahh, the good times. "

I agree with you. Normally playing a happy go lucky, "I fight for truth and justice" character gets boring but when you play a darker character, it gets better and more interesting. I can think of some cruel things to make my characters do, but I don't wanna be too dark and scare or creep some of the people on this site out. Like, I can think of the most demented things to do... That'll give me more than the bad taste award that Methos gave me with that cancer patient joke. lol

Methos says:

"yeah... i suppose that's what i really like about Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern... he went from being a founding member of the JLA, to punching superman out and trying to restart the universe :D M"

I'm still in love with that Picture. That was what made me like Hal Jordan. For that one punch. lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654  Edited By Methos

Hal was always one of my favorite characters...

but from The Death of Superman, through where he went crazy and started killing his way through the Green Lantern Corps, only trying to do the right thing in his mind... right up until his final death...

it was an amazing story, one of the truly emotional characters in the DCU, he actually showed human emotion and feelings about what he had gone through

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Hal was always one of my favorite characters... but from The Death of Superman, through where he went crazy and started killing his way through the Green Lantern Corps, only trying to do the right thing in his mind... right up until his final death... it was an amazing story, one of the truly emotional characters in the DCU, he actually showed human emotion and feelings about what he had gone through M"

Hal=Peter

:)

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By Maelstrom

Yeah, but Hal really wasn't to blame, given that Parallax was influencing him, and then when Cyborg Supes destroyed Coast City, he just lost it. I would lose it too if I lost everything I knew (and this is without the Parallax bug). And then to add to it, the Guardians being asses.

You know what, they deserved what they got. Sure he used the ring for personal gain but he was in deep pain and desperation and you he can't be blamed for acting the way he did. You'd think the Guardian's would understand Sentient beings a little bit better with as long as they lived.

I wish I could get my hands on old GL stuff, I only got the most recent stuff (well by recent from the last few years, since I've gotten nothing else from GL in months. I practically missed the Sinestro Corps war, and I was so damn excited about it!)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657  Edited By Methos

Maelstrom says:

"Yeah, but Hal really wasn't to blame, given that Parallax was influencing him, and then when Cyborg Supes destroyed Coast City, he just lost it. I would lose it too if I lost everything I knew (and this is without the Parallax bug). And then to add to it, the Guardians being asses.You know what, they deserved what they got. Sure he used the ring for personal gain but he was in deep pain and desperation and you he can't be blamed for acting the way he did. You'd think the Guardian's would understand Sentient beings a little bit better with as long as they lived.I wish I could get my hands on old GL stuff, I only got the most recent stuff (well by recent from the last few years, since I've gotten nothing else from GL in months. I practically missed the Sinestro Corps war, and I was so damn excited about it!)"

THANK YOU!!!

============

You're the first person i've spoken to that actually sees Emerald Twilight in the same view as me... aside from the Parallax fear bug retcon lol

you've got plenty of time to catch up on the Sinestro War... ti's only in the warm up stages yet... the full Light War wont hit for another few months... the the brown sticky stuff will really hit the fan :D

M

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By Maelstrom

Hal Jordan, just rocks, EC. :P Although I'll always be partial to Guy.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Hal=Peter :)"

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#660  Edited By The_Ghostshell

shakes head

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Maelstrom says:

"Hal Jordan, just rocks, EC. :P Although I'll always be partial to Guy. "

He's the man for owning Superman, and Batman.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By Maelstrom

Methos says:

"Maelstrom says:
"Yeah, but Hal really wasn't to blame, given that Parallax was influencing him, and then when Cyborg Supes destroyed Coast City, he just lost it. I would lose it too if I lost everything I knew (and this is without the Parallax bug). And then to add to it, the Guardians being asses.You know what, they deserved what they got. Sure he used the ring for personal gain but he was in deep pain and desperation and you he can't be blamed for acting the way he did. You'd think the Guardian's would understand Sentient beings a little bit better with as long as they lived.I wish I could get my hands on old GL stuff, I only got the most recent stuff (well by recent from the last few years, since I've gotten nothing else from GL in months. I practically missed the Sinestro Corps war, and I was so damn excited about it!)"

THANK YOU!!!

============

You're the first person i've spoken to that actually sees Emerald Twilight in the same view as me... aside from the Parallax fear bug retcon lol

you've got plenty of time to catch up on the Sinestro War... ti's only in the warm up stages yet... the full Light War wont hit for another few months... the the brown sticky stuff will really hit the fan :D

M"

Seriously? How do most other fans view Emerald Twilight?

To me (from what I've gathered) the way I've always interpreted it, as a story of a man whose lashing out when his entire life was ripped asunder. (And to add to it unfairly.) And he acted in one of two emotions any person can have, anger or sadness. He chose anger, and you couldn't blame him when the people who practically gave him his special powers turned their backs on someone who they viewed as the Greatest Green Lantern, and let him suffer through his problems alone.

And like most people he acted in what he thought was right. It's like history, people do an action truly believing it's for the best. One side views them as a hero, the other as a villain. It's all a matter of interpretation.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Hal=Peter :)"
M"

You are so lucky I don't have photo shop.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664  Edited By Maelstrom

Gambler! :D Beams

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"Gambler! :D *Beams*"

Hey ;) You dont know what your getting yourself into here. Methos is a GL FANATIC your gonna be talkin GL for the next week :P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos

fine, i'll stop...

grumbles about Gambit fans and wanders back to the submission queue

M

"

LMFAO. Fair enough :P continue.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667  Edited By Methos

a lot of people actually considor Emerald Twighlight to be the worst Green Lantern story arc ever written...

i pop onto the Green Lantern forums from time to time...

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/

and the general consensus there is that it's a complete abomination...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"King of Kings says:
"Maelstrom says:

Hey ;) You dont know what your getting yourself into here. Methos is a GL FANATIC your gonna be talkin GL for the next week :P"

You're being mean. Now come over here and kiss me. ;P "

Thats not mean. He admits it, he likes it, plus he's a mod, he's the enemy :P just teasing.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"You are so lucky I don't have photo shop."

lol

M

King of Kings says:

"Hey ;) You dont know what your getting yourself into here. Methos is a GL **FANATIC** your gonna be talkin GL for the next week :P"

fine, i'll stop...

grumbles about Gambit fans and wanders back to the submission queue

M

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By Maelstrom

I absolutely LOVED that scene in Rebirth. Hal punching Batman was artistry at it's best. It made my entire week!

What I loved even more was the fact that when it came down to Hal facing Parallax.... Hal, Alan, John and Guy stood up for one of their own against the Justice League. They showed their unity, and that just made me love them even more.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671  Edited By Maelstrom

King of Kings says:

"Maelstrom says:

Hey ;) You dont know what your getting yourself into here. Methos is a GL FANATIC your gonna be talkin GL for the next week :P"

You're being mean. Now come over here and kiss me. ;P

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:You are so lucky I don't have photo shop."

Lol don't worry. I'm gonna find somebody who does and get a picture of Hal getting knocked out by May. Lol.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673  Edited By Methos

Maelstrom says:

"I absolutely LOVED that scene in Rebirth. Hal punching Batman was artistry at it's best. It made my entire week!What I loved even more was the fact that when it came down to Hal facing Parallax.... Hal, Alan, John and Guy stood up for one of their own against the Justice League. They showed their unity, and that just made me love them even more. "

yeah... The Green Lantern Corps facing down the JLA was brilliant...

i loved how they all stood back and thought about it... you could see it crossing their faces...

"ohhh crap... 4 Green Lanterns? against all of us? nah, we'll leave it"

M

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674  Edited By Maelstrom

Methos says:

"a lot of people actually considor Emerald Twighlight to be the worst Green Lantern story arc ever written...i pop onto the Green Lantern forums from time to time...http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/and the general consensus there is that it's a complete abomination...M"

Personally, I think the concept behind Emerald Twilight was great. You got to see what happens when a hero loses everything and then joins the "dark side". And what we saw is that they're crueler and more twisted than any straight-up villain ever could be. Now THAT's a story.

Methos says:

"Maelstrom says:
"I absolutely LOVED that scene in Rebirth. Hal punching Batman was artistry at it's best. It made my entire week!What I loved even more was the fact that when it came down to Hal facing Parallax.... Hal, Alan, John and Guy stood up for one of their own against the Justice League. They showed their unity, and that just made me love them even more. "

yeah... The Green Lantern Corps facing down the JLA was brilliant...

i loved how they all stood back and thought about it... you could see it crossing their faces...

"ohhh crap... 4 Green Lanterns? against all of us? nah, we'll leave it"

M"

Agreed. It just proved that they were a united front and that they had each other's back no matter what. Loved how Batman backed down. You know he had to be angry, he operates on fear and Hal is the man without fear, they're naturally going to bump heads.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675  Edited By Maelstrom

King of Kings says:

Thats not mean. He admits it, he likes it, plus he's a mod, he's the enemy :P *just teasing.*"

LMAO. :P

Now where's my kiss?! :P You have two nights to make up for, dammit! ;P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"King of Kings says:
Thats not mean. He admits it, he likes it, plus he's a mod, he's the enemy :P *just teasing.*"

Now where's my kiss?! :P You have two nights to make up for, dammit! ;P"

I'll come back later ;P

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677  Edited By Maelstrom

King of Kings says:

"Maelstrom says:
"King of Kings says:

Now where's my kiss?! :P You have two nights to make up for, dammit! ;P"

I'll come back later ;P"

Damn you. ;-;

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#678  Edited By Methos

Maelstrom says:

"Agreed. It just proved that they were a united front and that they had each other's back no matter what. Loved how Batman backed down. You know he had to be angry, he operates on fear and Hal is the man without fear, they're naturally going to bump heads."

Yeah... Hal Vs Batman has always been hilarious :D

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Looks like I gotta get Emerald Twilight.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By Maelstrom

Methos says:

"Maelstrom says:
"Agreed. It just proved that they were a united front and that they had each other's back no matter what. Loved how Batman backed down. You know he had to be angry, he operates on fear and Hal is the man without fear, they're naturally going to bump heads."

Yeah... Hal Vs Batman has always been hilarious :D

M"

What sucked was how Bats got his revenge punch when they were after Tattoo Man.... (Can't remember if that was his name but the tattoo guy). And he got an extra Hal pain moment in the Batmobile, I have to admit, even I enjoyed that one, Hal deserved it for being a little too cocky. :P

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#681  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Looks like I gotta get Emerald Twilight."

you do...

it's amazing...

but you have to read Death of Superman first, then Emerald Twilight, then New Dawn

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Looks like I gotta get Emerald Twilight."
you do... it's amazing... but you have to read **Death of Superman** first, then **Emerald Twilight**, then **New Dawn** M"

I'll Death of Superman just to see that bastard die.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683  Edited By Methos

Hal is supposed to be cocky, he's a test pilot lol

M

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#684  Edited By Maelstrom

Methos says:

"Hal is supposed to be cocky, he's a test pilot lolM"

Fair enough. Or just a pilot in general because Ben is pretty cocky himself.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685  Edited By Methos

yeah, thats a fair comment lol

M

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686  Edited By Maelstrom

Methos says:

"yeah, thats a fair comment lolM"

Lots of "fairness" going on tonight. xD

Ya know, I wouldn't mind seeing a Ben and Hal on an adventure together especially given that their history as pilots.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#687  Edited By Lady Tlieso

Final Arrow says:

"I think Im going to redo it, But with a better story line I kinda rushed this and the post have been good, But it needs something for us all to do, I hope you all agree, If you dont the carry on, But I am out!"

dammit.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Awww :P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points