B&E: Interview with Elsa Beremud (OOC)

#1 Edited by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

On the heels of the Alaric Foundation press conference in which Elsa Beremud, the foundation's head, unveiled a "cure" which promises opportunities for mutants and other metahumans to live normal lives, reporters nationwide scramble for an interview, and yet no one can seem to reach her. No matter one's history, credentials, or affiliations, Beremud refuses to be reached for comment.

No Caption Provided

Katie Kurtz has neither credentials nor affiliations, but an aggressive sense of initiative emboldened by superhuman powers which she hopes will prove superior to all of that. Even if it means questionable methods, she is determined to get answers.

• This is a closed RP between myself and @beremud. OOC chatter, cheers and jeers, all go here.
  • Yes, Nord, I am aware that it is peak self-aggrandizement plastering myself on the front page like this, but I felt I deserve some reward for all the stress I went through typing up the intro post. Just...let me have this one. (Also I have no idea who you use to picture Elsa Beremud, so there's that.)
  • RP link goes here for ease of access.

#2 Posted by ParagonxXx (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good! Awesome job. I look forward to seeing this play out.

#3 Posted by LamarTheSlayer (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks sick! Can't wait to read it

#4 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by FarSeeker (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how long it'll be before someone weaponizes this cure...

#6 Posted by FarSeeker (182 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually super cool. I haven't seen a lot of non-battle encounters that aren't kind of intimate or built on a lot of history, so this feels really fresh and new to me. Can't wait to read more!

#7 Posted by Mockingjay (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Better live up to the hype. ;P

#8 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

@farseeker: Well, you never know. Maybe she runs into some reform kid from juvie and things do get intimate. ~_^ Or, y'know, maybe she gets caught and Elsa locks her in a dungeon for a few years. ;>_>
[But that's the secret. The title is supposed to subconsciously convince Nord to agree to an interview. The audience expects, so the pressure is on.]

@mockingjay:

Sweetie, I AM the hype.
Sweetie, I AM the hype.

#9 Edited by Red_Jay (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

Great setup, I’ll be reading though this one!

#10 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_jay: If she goes missing, Will's the emergency contact.

#11 Edited by Amazonian (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this is going to be hype!!!!! Can’t wait to follow the story till the end 😊

#12 Posted by Red_Jay (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@_araneae_: He should just start getting paid for his services at this point LOL. Gotta make Outcasts income somehow!

#13 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Red_Jay (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@_araneae_: Actually.. no. That'd be a shitty thing to do LOL.

#15 Posted by Beremud (636 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Val Cooper. ;P

#16 Edited by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

She shouldn't even be here!

It's the wrong time.

#17 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda rushed this one because I gotta go to work, but here!

#18 Posted by Non_Playable (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Was going to post a gif of popcorn munchin' moviegoers, but you know. Below 25.

So let's just do this.

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–’β–’β–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–“β–“β”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–’β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–“β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β”Œβ–‘β–’β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–“β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–’β”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–“β–“β”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–‘β”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ”Œβ”Œβ”Œβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β”Œβ”Œβ–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

#19 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarcastic quip that masks my fear?

Check.
Check.

#20 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

Game on sucka.

#21 Posted by Beremud (636 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by _Araneae_ (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to get at least one of these out, and this one came most easily in the moment.

Re-up and rebound.