Back on the Campaign Trail.

Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Sam Washington touched down on the stage lightly. He was still getting used to the armor, but he could finally land without crushing what was beneath him. The Legion was behind him, looking much more graceful and professional. The faceplate slid open, and he began his speech.

"My name is Sam Washington. You probably know me from the last campaign, and the whole 'VP' thing. You might have guessed why we're here, but before we get to that, I'd like to tell you a story. I was sixteen. Tall, strong. Worked on my dad's farm. Grew up hearing about the Vietnam War. Wanted to enlist. On my birthday, the day I could legally, I snuck out in my dad's car, drove to a recruitment center in the nearest city. Signed up, and went home proud. My dad smacked me harder than anyone would in fifteen years of fighting." This, as it usually did, elicited a laugh. "Now, I ended up Colonel, but before that, I got shot. Firefight in the streets, goes to hell. These guys are running away, one starts shooting. Hits me straight in the guts. My friend, he sees the guys running, he thinks to himself 'I can shoot at them, I can get them. Hell, get a medal, probably.' But he looks down, and he sees some jackass bleeding out next to him. He picks up him gun, hits me from the shoulder, and uses the rifle like a crutch. We limp back to base. Guy in charge, he's pissed. He wants to know why the guys we were chasing got away. My friend, he says this. He says 'Sam got shot.' And that's all he needed to hear. That's loyalty.

Now, my friends here are from the military as well. They're the Titanium Legion, an initiative I championed as Vice President. They're here to protect us, at home and abroad, however they can. And with your help, I'd like to as well." Sam picked up the mic, spun around, and dropped it, as the Uncle Sam '16 banner unfurled.

The Titanium Legion and the military reforms are still canon, but Gothic Heals is not. Just a heads-up!

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

All this Pres stuff has me on the edge of my seat.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf
#2 Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio
YOU. WERE. SUPPOSED. TO. POISON. HIS. TEA.

I'm hyped :D

#3 Posted by Qiang_Lung (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

Damn, you evolved so much from when I first read a post of yours! I'm proud!

Guess quitting is all I have left to teach the newest generation xD

#4 Edited by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@qiang_lung: Who's alt are you? Thanks regardless lol

Edit: Drake, dammit!

#5 Posted by Qiang_Lung (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwhiteblue: That last sentence should have at least painted the image of a silver-haired dude picking his nose while saying "nice, nice". You almost failed me =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
#6 Posted by deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0 (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Patriot is a dope look.

#7 Posted by RedWhiteBlue (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

Wicked :)

Avatar image for devil_by_design
#9 Posted by Devil_by_Design (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hyped :D

Hey! Stop smacking my employees.