#201 Edited by Animus_ (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Curious to see which way you go with it. WIll he be an airbender or an earthbender? For instance, lava benders are Earth primary benders.

#202 Edited by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@malik_: @fallenprophet

Akira is alone, secluded in her room when she suddenly explodes in fury. By the time she is done, it looks like a hurricane went through her room and demolished everything along with tons of scorch marks on her walls, ceiling and floor. She’s lucky she didn’t burn down her entire home.

By the time she was done, she didn’t care how her room looked. Didn’t care if anyone saw or heard her. She takes a much needed bath, changes her clothes and eats something. Finally, Akira packs her things before she takes her leave of the place. A place she knows she will NEVER return to. After today, she never intends to return to the Fire Nation or be loyal to the Fire Lord. Akira's cousin doesn't deserve her loyalty, not after what she pulled. Akira has a mission to do that has come from the Fire Lord and she has no intention of doing that mission. It's a good thing many of her crew are young and don't have too many wives or kids. The ones that did have a family, she sent home as Akira refused to take those men with her on this mission.

So Akira goes to meet her men. And when she finds them, she finds them complaining. Akira stops at the door, deciding to eavesdrop first.

“Why did we have to go through that humiliation? We already told those families what happened!”

“We didn’t tell them everything.”

“Shut up!” The sound of a drink is heard being poured, then swallowed, “We should have been celebrated as heroes for what we did! Especially Akira!”

“Exactly! I mean, it’s not like Akira could have stopped him! Captain Li had the entire ocean to control. There’s no way any of us would have survived had we fought him before those ships surrounded us.”

“Yeah! Didn’t we sink that Earth Kingdom ship as ordered? So what if the Cap’n ended up being a Waterbending traitor?! We captured him! He’s rotting in prison! If the Fire Lord wanted him questioned, she could have done it herself, why expect Akira to do it?”

“I find it ironic that the Fire Lord did this to us and didn’t even consider the possibilities that she has a Waterbender in her prison, you know, a Waterbender! He likely has information that Lord Sasaki would find useful! Isn’t that alone worth some kind of reward?!”

“You speak truth! How often is it we get a Waterbender as a prisoner and a MASTER Waterbender at that?! And yet we all were humiliated in the Royal Plaza as if we did something wrong. The entire city thinks we're a laughing stock now. Don't you hear the whispers behind our backs? It’s not fair I tell you! We nearly became prisoners, nearly died, and for WHAT?!” The sound of something hits a wall. “To be treated like so much trash! Akira’s a hero, she deserved better.”

“We deserved better too.”

“I’ll drink to that.”

“At least most of the families forgave us! HA!”

“Hear, hear! Some of them even said we were heroes and that none of us could have done better.”

“Too bad Fire Lord Sasaki doesn’t see it that way. I’d like to see that woman’s head on a--”

Akira has had enough. She enters the room and puts her hands on her hips even as her men shut up and stare at her, wondering if she heard anything and if she did, how much, “I know your angry, I know what was done to us was not very fair. I agree with you, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you continue to talk that way."

"Akira, why obey the Fire Lord if she's only going to punish you for an imagined sleight?" One of her men asks.

Akira takes one look at her men and it's obvious they all feel the same way as she does. Not one of them feels very loyal to the Fire Lord. Neither does Akira, "Simple, she's the Fire Lord. Her word is law. And if I catch any of you talking like that again about her, I'll string you up for treason!" She says that more for the sake of this hidden contact than anything else even if Akira won't actually fulfill that threat.

No one likes that answer, but the men let it drop, "What is our mission?" One of the men dares to ask.

Akira opens her mouth to speak, but then she remembers her orders from the Fire Lord. Plus, mentioning anything will ruin her own plans since she doesn't know who this point of contact is. That contact could be in this very room and Akira would never know. She can't trust anyone, not even Master Isi, whom she asked to be brought on board in order to continue with her Firebeneding lessons before she 'fulfill's' Lord Saski's orders. She's never returning to the Fire Nation so bringing him was the smart play. Plus, he's not a body guard and just an old man who seems to be a little too obsessed with tea.

So, Akira may not be able to tell them what Lord Sasaki has ordered her to do, but she can make something up. And that is exactly what she does as she speaks, "We are going to take over and commandeer an Earth Kingdom ship that has been sailing in uncharted waters. We are to gather Intel first, glean any information on why they are out there and steal the ship. Then, we are to return to the Fire Nation." Akira says in a rather convincing lie. She is under orders not to reveal her REAL mission to anyone since her orders come directly from the Fire Lord. But, she had to give the men something. In truth, Akira has no intention of following the Fire Lord's orders, but she cannot say what she intends because of this mysterious contact that may be on board.

The men nod and warm up to the idea, not bothering to question how they will accomplish the mission while on board Akira's royal barge. They seem satisfied for now. And Akira will know that whoever her contact is will wonder what Akira is planning because he or she will know she just lied to her men. She has no intention of actually hunting down an Earth Kingdom ship. In fact, she did some digging. A lot of it recently and she found it. A very old map with an island that has been lost for thousands of years. It's not on any of the modern maps and it's the perfect place to disappear. But first, she needs to think of a way to get there, sink her ship and abandon her men so that the Fire Lord never knows where Akira went. She might even think her cousin is dead. Good thing she ripped the page out of the book that contains this ancient map. She can't risk being followed...ever. Akira does not intend for the Fire Lord, or anyone, to ever be able to find her.

So, with that done, Akira leaves the room. The last thing she needs is dealing with discontent among her crew. When she gets to the bridge, she orders her Royal Barge to pull out of the harbor and out to the open sea. The Fire Lord should have NEVER punished her the way she did. Had Sasaki rewarded her, as she deserved, then she would have gained Akira’s loyalty forever and she would have gladly done ANYTHING the woman desired. But instead, she punished her for no just cause, rhyme or reason. She sigh's as she stares at the Yamato. She wanted to command that ship, one of the best in the Fire Nation Navy. Her dreams dashed, she looks away in disgust. It's a good thing she ordered her Royal Barge to be modified with some weapons and catapults, otherwise her men might have questioned her idea of taking over, and commandeering, an Earth Kingdom ship.

Akira hates her, she hates the Fire Lord, she hates her cousin. She would have killed her on the spot if she had been powerful enough to challenge her for this gross injustice! For this insult! But no. Akira is no where near powerful enough to try that. So, she had to suffer under her own cousin’s misguided sense that Akira had done something wrong!

That is why Akira will no longer serve the Fire Lord. It’s a week later when the Yamato is a good distance from the Fire Nation when the ship encounters some trouble from a certain Waterbender...

#203 Posted by Razahn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@sii-la:

"I see", Razahn answered, the words flowing out his throat like a calming breath. As he shut his eyes to see not the salted waves of the sea or the port village below - but darkness - Razahn understood. "You're from the past. A past lost to time". Around him, the wind howled and whipped at his back, racing past him and sweeping crushed rock into the air. The mountaintop was growing violent, the winds wild and harsh, and the air thin. "Much like you escaped death by crossing into the Spirit World, the Air Nomads escaped death by fleeing to the one Air Temple the Fire Nation couldn't - and can't - touch. At least not yet. The Northern Air Temple. On Earth Kingdom territory".

"The Fire Nation wasn't ready to risk a full scale war with the Earth Kingdom. Not with the Northern Water Tribe still strong. So the last of us, the last airbenders, sit and wait for peace at the Northern Air Temple", Razahn lamented, his sigh little more than a wisp amid the racing winds. Eyes opening to the shadow of a coming storm, Razahn stood to his full height. Eyes on the dark clouds gathering over the ocean's edge, he shook his head, "No, your mission is not mute. The Avatar may no longer be here, but you still have a duty to our people. Just as I do. Return to them. Go to the Northern Air Temple. Protect them. It's inevitable that the Fire Nation will attack once more. I can't say when, but when they do, our people will need you to guide them to the Spirit World, where the Fire Nation won't find them".

With a whisk of air, Razahn pulled his glider staff back into his grip and turned round, his eyes meeting Sii-La's. "Share your wisdom with our people. Wisdom that's been lost to us for hundreds of years".

#204 Posted by Razahn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaya:

Crystal Catacombs, Ba Sing Se, Earth Kingdom

Deep in the underground belly of Ba Sing Se lay a forgotten city carved from rock and great and glimmering crystals. Walking through a tunnel, his only companion the glider staff he held in a firm grip, Razahn strode through the darkness, trusting not his eyes - but his ears. Following the sounds of rushing river streams and lumbering earth and rock, Razahn felt the ground tremble and shake, Jaya. She's practicing, he thought. Stepping out the tunnel to the soft green glow of crystals protruding from the walls and ceiling, Razahn caught sight of Jaya, alone by the waterfall and the channels that led streams of water to the rest of the catacombs. To the rest of the Terracotta Rebellion.

No Caption Provided

"You spend a lot of your time alone", Razahn began, voice cool like a winter wind, eyes mystifying as they met hers. "A lot of soldiers told me so. And that you were the one who shaped these channels with her bending so that everyone in the cave'd have water", he paused, leaning his glider staff against a rocky pillar before doing the same, arms folded before his chest, eyes on hers. "Commendable. You've done a lot to help the people of the Earth Kingdom. You've created the only meaningful armed resistance to fight the Fire Nation and counter their war efforts. Even the Northern Water Tribe isn't taking action. They're content with sitting back and playing a defensive game. It's why you're a legend. A revolutionary. To me that's admirable. I come from a people who are happy to wait and meditate while their children, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers die. Too pacifistic for our own good".

"There's no one like you among the Air Nomads. Or even in the world. Unless there's a second Terracotta Rebellion I don't know about", he smiled, calm and amused. "Unfortunately I didn't come here just to talk. You do things on your own, but there's something we can do as a team. Before joining your Rebellion, I spent months in the Fire Nation. And I learned about a warship called the Yamato, and a waterbender captain who's being held prisoner in the Fire Nation. He could be a valuable asset to us. As could that warship. My idea is high risk and high reward. We disguise ourselves, blend in with Fire Nation citizens in one of it's islands. We conduct raids on the soldiers and guardsmen there, enough for the Yamato warship to be called to the island we're in to deal with us".

"But while they're investigating the raids and trying to identify us, we capture a crew member and interrogate them for the waterbender's location. Once we have the information we need, we'll leave with the Yamato warship and find this waterbender. He could be useful in convincing the Northern Water Tribe to join the war".

#205 Posted by Tamaki (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

@tamaki: It's the holidays down in the states right now. Everyone might be busy.

Yes...that would have made sense...I should have thought of that considering I'm American.

#206 Posted by Feng_ (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaya: @razahn:
As soon as Jaya got into a more combative stance, Feng retreated several steps back. He had faced earthbenders before, and one of their favorite methods of attack was limiting their opponent's movement. Feng's backsteps were followed immediately by what he assumed would happen, before his very eyes the ground where he stood moments ago had shifted to close in on his feet. Feng would have to keep his movement up if he was going to be able to do anything to protect himself. Still hiding the wooden sword behind his body, he looked back up at the hostile people before him, "It doesn't feel like you're just asking anymore, lady. But as I said, I'm just walking."

Then, that's when the bald member spoke up, "Feng? Good. A name. If it's really your name, it'll give us a glimpse of your history. If you're lying, it'll tell us why" Feng didn't usually mind being asked these sort of questions, but it was their undertone that made him uncomfortable, that made him reserved and ready to defend himself, soon after his first statement, the bald man spoke up once again, finally reacting to Feng's hand placed behind his back on the wooden sword, "Don't try it. You've been asked a simple question. Answer it. Or fight if dying for nothing is what you want. If you're innocent, you have nothing to worry about it. But then... which firebender is?"

"Is that what you call a simple question?" Feng pointed his freehand at the mounds of Earth Jaya had just formed to hold down his legs. "Or what about your little staff there? But, no it's okay for someone like you two to act a certain way because you're not firebenders." The last part of the mystery man's small speech was what pushed Feng, "You'll probably never meet an innocent firebender in your life, you want to know why, you wouldn't give him the time of day to prove his innocence. I think we're all passed questions and answers. So make your next move."

Feng couldn't initiate not with the two of them, he would need to counteract whatever they threw his way, find an opening, and seize it. IF he had tried to engage on one the other would swiftly blindside him for a quick end to all of this.

#207 Posted by Sii-la (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@razahn said:

@sii-la:

"I see", Razahn answered, the words flowing out his throat like a calming breath. As he shut his eyes to see not the salted waves of the sea or the port village below - but darkness - Razahn understood. "You're from the past. A past lost to time". Around him, the wind howled and whipped at his back, racing past him and sweeping crushed rock into the air. The mountaintop was growing violent, the winds wild and harsh, and the air thin. "Much like you escaped death by crossing into the Spirit World, the Air Nomads escaped death by fleeing to the one Air Temple the Fire Nation couldn't - and can't - touch. At least not yet. The Northern Air Temple. On Earth Kingdom territory".

"The Fire Nation wasn't ready to risk a full scale war with the Earth Kingdom. Not with the Northern Water Tribe still strong. So the last of us, the last airbenders, sit and wait for peace at the Northern Air Temple", Razahn lamented, his sigh little more than a wisp amid the racing winds. Eyes opening to the shadow of a coming storm, Razahn stood to his full height. Eyes on the dark clouds gathering over the ocean's edge, he shook his head, "No, your mission is not mute. The Avatar may no longer be here, but you still have a duty to our people. Just as I do. Return to them. Go to the Northern Air Temple. Protect them. It's inevitable that the Fire Nation will attack once more. I can't say when, but when they do, our people will need you to guide them to the Spirit World, where the Fire Nation won't find them".

With a whisk of air, Razahn pulled his glider staff back into his grip and turned round, his eyes meeting Sii-La's. "Share your wisdom with our people. Wisdom that's been lost to us for hundreds of years".

"Not lost. So long as the Airbender ways survive so do we. It's why I fled to begin with, to ensure we would survive as a people. But now that I've returned without a mission...and the airbenders still in existence...I see no reason to remain here." Sii's feet begin to rise off of the ground.

As he begins to float Rahzan's words weigh down his heart, "You don't understand. I was supposed to teach the Avatar so that he or she would then defend all people. I can't intervene so directly with the events of the spirit and human world. It's not my right. Even if I could they would need to give up all of their attachments to this world, as I did. If that were to happen then we would be as good as wiped from the face of the Earth by the fire nation. Look at me?"

The air Whips Sii onto his feet, "I didn't return for 4 centuries and then some because I became too detached. Imagine if we based our whole religion on that methodology? There needs to be another way. We need to find the Avatar if we are to protect our people."

#208 Posted by Razahn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@sii-la:

"There needs to be another way. We need to find the Avatar if we are to protect our people"

"No", Razahn answered, his voice as cool as it was sure and steely. "The Avatar Spirit is dead", he declared, his gaze grim, the wind rustling his grey rags as his words hung in the air like a force of nature. "And the days of looking to someone for salvation - are gone. It's time we look within ourselves and stop leaving our fate in the hands of another. It's time we take our destiny into our own hands", Razahn asserted, his back to the stormy clouds now looming over the Mo Ce Sea. And as the smell of coming rain lingered in the air, Razahn continued, "If we don't, then our people are as good as dead. Why, among all other people have the Air Nomads suffered the most?", he asked.

No Caption Provided

"Why, even when we live in temples so high above ground one must take to the air to reach us? Because we're weak. Because while everyone else, waterbenders and earthbenders, stand and fight and take their destiny into their own hands - our people sit and wait for a dead savior to fix our problems, to protect us". Brow heavy with disappointment, Razahn sighed, "Sit and wait if you must", he paused, freeing his glider staff's wings with a quick twirl. "You've chosen you're path. I walk a separate one". Bursting into a quick sprint, Razahn leaped from the mountaintop and took flight, his glider riding the air currents as he fled from the approaching storm.

#209 Posted by Sii-la (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@razahn: "It is because we must stand as the beacon of hope, of peace. We live as a testament to what could be if all man embraced peace. The avatar is not dead. If the Avatar were dead we would have seen the cycle repeated. This is something else...possibly orchestrated by the Fire Nation. I must find him or her."

Sii watches the misguided man take to the winds, "You will learn my brother," He whispers, "The best offense is a good defense." Picking up his belongings Sii pulls the giant lilly petal holding his belongings from his back and unfurls it to a perfect circle. He tosses it into the air off the cliff and jumps off.

The petal glides beneath his feet as Master La's feet touch it and he sails the winds in the opposite direction of Rahzan. Where his journey would take him was unclear, but one thing seemed destined-- Sii La of the East would meet Rahzan of the North again...in time.

#210 Posted by Sasaki (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@akirahoshi:

The Fire Lord arrived well into the evening, after all of her "more important" tasks were completed. It wasn't all lie; she was a busy girl, that much couldn't be denied. But the callous ruler deliberately took her time—reading, training, bathing and eating, even having her hair re-done—to make her point with their time. She received their apologies, looking down on them from her palanquin, and they continued to wait.

The warriors were dismissed just before sundown, "Everyone except Akira. I have a special assignment for this special warrior," she said with an off-puttingly mirthful smile. As the others left, Sasaki instructed the bearers of her cart wait some not insignificant distance away, and the girls were surrounded by a wide ring of blue flame several heads taller than either, isolating them.

"Well done, Akira. Truth be told I wasn't sure you all would manage. You are that much closer to regaining the honor you've lost. But there is one last thing. It is a long-term assignment requiring the utmost discretion. For your own protection, as well as all citizens of the Fire Nation.

"Just as the enemy has undermined us, I wish to do the same. I want you to leave the Fire Nation. Tell no one why, only that it's important you do so, and that no one knows why. Akira, your assignment requires you to join the enemy's ranks. Become their trusted ally. Learn who their leaders are, their best warriors, their strengths and weaknesses, their plans. And, of course, if there are any more traitors in our midst. Sow the seeds of doubt among them. For safety reasons, you will have a single point of contact on this assignment. It's dangerous, but it is extremely important. Do you think you can handle it?"she asked but the implication was clear. She would have to handle it, or else...

#211 Edited by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@sasaki:

No Caption Provided

"Everyone except Akira. I have a special assignment for this special warrior,"

As the rest of the soldiers left, Akira obediently stays there and wipes some more tears from her eyes before she notices a circle of blue flame that is surrounding them, isolating the two women from anyone who might be watching. She the words 'special warrior' are so patronizing coming from Sasaki's lips, but there's nothing she can do about that but keep her head bowed. What would you know about honor? Akira thinks to herself.

Akira's feet have never ached so badly in her life. All she wants to do right now is sit down, but she doesn't dare. Instead, she remains in a kneeled position before the Fire Lord with her head bowed as she waits for what else the Fire Lord has to say.

When Sasaki tells Akira she wants her to be her spy, she has to struggle to hide her surprise. Then the implication if she can handle it is not lost on Akira. She'd have to be able to because if she couldn't, Fire Lord Sasaki would probably throw her in prison...or worse, kill her.

Akira bows her head to the floor, then raises herself, but still in that kneeling position, "Yes, I can handle it, Lord Sasaki. May I ask who my point of contact will be?" Sasaki didn't reveal that bit of information yet, so Akira asks because she needs to know who her contact will be so she can fulfill the Fire Lord's orders.

#212 Posted by _Dirge_ (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@animus_ said:

@_dirge_: Curious to see which way you go with it. WIll he be an airbender or an earthbender? For instance, lava benders are Earth primary benders.

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a look. I was leaning on Gaara, but I'm not happy with the gifs. Originally, I was just going to rely on sand bending, and maybe a bit of metal bending. But now....I don't know.

#213 Posted by Sasaki (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@akirahoshi: "You could ask. But then I would say 'I'm not telling you,'" Sasaki said smugly. She sat across from her. "I will not say it and neither will you, as that would be a risk to the assignment. You will have time to set affairs in order, gathering things for your journey, but you must be light. A small crew to man your royal barge, servants but no guards. For your own safety, once they learn that you're a 'traitor.'

"There will be one sent to hunt you down, once your treachery is 'discovered.' But he will not actually try to kill you; likewise, you will do him no serious harm. He will approach you when alone. If, however, you are caught by your crew or those of the other nations, you will make it look real and he will retreat." And if captured, for his honor, that of his family, and the whole fire nation, then his life was forfeit and he would take it himself without hesitation. That, however, was one thing Sasaki neglected to mention. Akira's emotions were wild cards and needed to be checked, lest they compromise the operation.

#214 Posted by Animus_ (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: hmmm...Well fringe bending is right up your alley, far as sand or metal goes. Between those two it also seems like Earth will be the foundation you build from...so maybe you need to find someone (character look) with that base ability or something adjacent to it and add those abilities to him as a build on?

One thing I havent seen done by Earth benders is plant bending that's an option too. Control trees and vines etc. Geokinesis is few and far between as far as abilities go.

#215 Edited by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@sasaki:

So, if Akira doesn't know who her point of contact is, then how will she be able to contact him or her?! And then it dawns on her, she isn't supposed to. The point of contact is meant to contact her and her alone, but never the other way around. A man, or a woman, completely loyal to the Fire Lord is to 'spy' on Akira even while the young Firebender is to act as a spy for Lord Sasaki. From what Akira knows about her cousin, she loves having as much control as possible. So by keeping the point of contact a mystery to Akira, Lord Sasaki is able to have all that much more control over her cousin. That way, if Akira really does, for real, betray Sasaki, then her cousin will know about it because Akira will not know who the contact is. At least, this is Akira's own deductive reasoning and she could be wrong but she doesn't think she is. Akira has a feeling the contact will be close, perhaps part of her crew. It's a clever move, really.

As further details come to light about her unexpected assignment, she listens attentively. Being a spy among the enemy is not something Akira wants to do. Too many variables and too many unknowns. Plus, this is a long term assignment and that means being away from the Fire Nation for...who knows how long. Could be years, could be many years. On the plus side, Akira's shame in the Royal Plaza will have been forgotten. On the negative side, however, those who think of her as a hero will have forgotten her so called 'heroic deeds' as well. Akira will have to start from scratch in the Fire Nation. Again.

So, a small crew, no guards but servants are allowed, travel light, take her royal barge rather than the Yamato and a man will be sent to attack her once her so called treachery is discovered, but it'll be staged to make Akira look good. She memorizes her assignment and what she needs to do. For the moment, she intends to do it. Every word of it, not yet deciding, like later on, to never do it. But right now, she has every intent to fulfill Sasaki's orders since she's too tired and emotionally drained to have the will to defy her cousin.

"I understand, Lord Sasaki. Is there anything else I need to know about my assignment?" She asks respectfully, head still bowed.

#216 Edited by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

(@malik_@fallenprophetOOC: Edited my post to better reflect what is happening to Akira in my RP with Zauberin and to keep her mission more mysterious. I also changed "Yamato" into "Royal Barge" since Akira cannot take the Yamato on her mission).

#217 Posted by Malik_ (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@akirahoshi: Years ago, Malik set sail to the open seas to defend those like the Southern Water Tribe members that were attacked, when he ventured to the South in hopes of aiding them through the Northern Water Tribe's Resources. Malik roamed the waters of the world, not bound to any land, but purposely seeking Fire Nation Ships, and hunting them one by one in the middle of the Ocean. With the belief, "Water is my greatest weapon, so why not surround myself with it." Idly waiting for the fire nation to break through defenses and attack, was somewhat foolish in Malik's eyes. Yes, they would be attacking Waterbender's land, but Waterbenders, in reality, are bound to no land. It would be okay to give your enemy the chance to fight, but it was important to allow it on your terms.

So, there in the waters floated a lonesome piece of wood, large enough to stand on and move around, but just enough for a man to lay down peacefully. The piece of wood moved as one with the waters of the world if the water rose so did the board. if it sank, so followed the wood. One with the water. But as for right now, the waters were calm and somewhat still and so was the piece. It was a peaceful sight, and moments passed with board idle as the sea. And out of nowhere, something splashed out of the water, gripping the board tightly. It was Malik. breathing in and out as he had come back up for air. He had been under for minutes, around 25. Constantly moving his limbs underwater as if he was shadow fighting. Thus making the breathing process more difficult than just resting underneath. Further reinforcing his belief that waterbenders were to not limit themselves to becoming one with their greatest ally, water.

Malik pulled himself on to the board and extended his limbs, drying his body a bit, until he fell to sleep with the calm waters.

He awoke to the shifting of the waves, where earlier there had been little to none, the waves had begun to grow exponentially. Malik shifted his position from laying down to one in which his legs were crossed underneath him. He closed his eyes allow the board the ability to continue to move one with the water. He felt the water around him and the board and even though he had blinded himself by closing his eyes, it had given him the ability to focus on the water around him. Another one was coming. A ship was coming.

Instantly, Malik's eyes shot wide open and arose to a wide standing position on the board. The Wandering Waterbender was once again reminded why exactly he was out at sea like this. By his feel of the Water, they were nearing each other, the ship and him. But the "dangerous" waters made it almost impossible for the ship to detect him, he would be able to close the gap undetected until he chose to make presence known or at least until he was ready to attack.

"Water is my greatest weapon, so why not surround myself with it."
#218 Posted by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@malik_:

No Caption Provided

Akira lacks any drive now, which is detrimental to a Firebender. When they lack drive, their powers weaken. And Akira used to know what gave her the drive, and ambition, to do what she does. She thought she wanted to one day be the Fire Lord. But thanks to what Sasaki has done with the position, Akira doesn't want to be anything like her cousin. Especially after what Sasaki did to her by humiliating her in front of the Royal Plaza. Akira used to have the drive to serve the Fire Nation, gain recognition and be a hero. But that was destroyed too thanks to the Fire Lord and what she did.

Akira doesn't know what she wants in life now. But she does know she does not want to serve the Fire Lord and she never will again. But she doesn't wish to join the rebellion either, despite the Fire Lord's orders. So far, her cousin doesn't know her intentions and neither does her crew. That means this mysterious contact doesn't know either. So far, at least. But Akira knows she can only stall for so long before this 'contact', whoever it is, gets suspicious.

The ship shudders all of a sudden and Akira has to catch herself to prevent from falling. "Report, what--" But she is interrupted as a huge tentacle or two slam down on the ship's deck. Akira's eyes widen in surprise and fear.

"Shark Squid! It's a Shark Squid!" One of her men scream, trying to get away.

"Impossible, they can't grow to this size!" Another man says.

Akira doesn't care if it's not supposed to be so huge. It is, simple as that. And she begins barking out orders. The fight with the sea beast seems to go on for forever and it does a lot of the damage to the Royal Barge. But eventually, through Akira's cunning she and her men fight off the beast and inflict a wound that would eventually end up being fatal to the sea beast. When it eventually dies, it'll end up washing ashore on one of the islands of the Fire Nation. It will go on record as being the largest Shark Squid ever found.

In the meantime, Akira assesses the damage done to her ship. Thankfully, it's not sinking, but the damage done is significant enough that she knows she won't make it to the her intended destination. She curses her rotten luck. So she orders the ship to alter course. Now she is forced to alter her plans.

#219 Posted by Sasaki (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@akirahoshi: "At this time, no." Sasaki turned to leave.She vanished through the flames, her voice echoing one last time over their crackling. "You are dismissed. Get some rest. You must begin preparations tomorrow, because you leave in two days." The flames subsided as her words did, and when they did neither Sasaki nor her palanquin were anywhere to be found.

#220 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@razahn said:

@sii-la:

"There needs to be another way. We need to find the Avatar if we are to protect our people"

"No", Razahn answered, his voice as cool as it was sure and steely. "The Avatar Spirit is dead", he declared, his gaze grim, the wind rustling his grey rags as his words hung in the air like a force of nature. "And the days of looking to someone for salvation - are gone. It's time we look within ourselves and stop leaving our fate in the hands of another. It's time we take our destiny into our own hands", Razahn asserted, his back to the stormy clouds now looming over the Mo Ce Sea. And as the smell of coming rain lingered in the air, Razahn continued, "If we don't, then our people are as good as dead. Why, among all other people have the Air Nomads suffered the most?", he asked.

No Caption Provided

"Why, even when we live in temples so high above ground one must take to the air to reach us? Because we're weak. Because while everyone else, waterbenders and earthbenders, stand and fight and take their destiny into their own hands - our people sit and wait for a dead savior to fix our problems, to protect us". Brow heavy with disappointment, Razahn sighed, "Sit and wait if you must", he paused, freeing his glider staff's wings with a quick twirl. "You've chosen you're path. I walk a separate one". Bursting into a quick sprint, Razahn leaped from the mountaintop and took flight, his glider riding the air currents as he fled from the approaching storm.

That was moving.

#221 Posted by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@sasaki:

"Yes Lord Sasaki." She says as the woman leaves. Once the flames die down and Akira finds herself alone, she stands with clenches fists before she turns around and leaves.

A guard snickers nearby and Akira looks sharply at him and he clears his throat, looking straight ahead as if nothing happened. Others had similar responses as Akira walks by on her aching feet. Just one more humiliation. I hate her. Akira thinks of her cousin.

The Fire Nation Prison...

Due to his old age and the hard work, Captain Kenan Li has a heart attack and dies in prison, never to see or experience freedom again.

#222 Posted by Malik_ (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@akirahoshi: The Huge Sea Beast referred to as a Shark Squid was both a blessing and a curse for Malik and his interaction with the fire nation ship. Yes, the damage the beast did to the enemy ship and its huge presence being the perfect distraction for Malik to close the gap were both welcomed by Malik, BUT by being a part of the whole interaction, it made Malik hold off on interacting with the ship whichever way he chose. So, instead of the usual attack first ask questions later method Malik had developed over the years, he was forced to put himself in the backseat of the whole exchange.

The Crew would be on high alert following the unforeseen attack and it would be riskier for Malik to attack knowing this. So, instead, he waited. Choosing to allow the crew to continue on, possibly figuring out their plans or at least intentions in the process. He was close enough to grab ahold of the back of the ship, and wedge his own wooden piece on to it. He would hitch a ride with the enemy ship for the time being, allowing them to sink back into comfortability, and then the crew members would soon join their most recent enemy in the afterlife.

#223 Edited by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@malik_:

Indeed, the crew is on high alert thanks to the sea creature. Akira's men breathe a sigh of relief, but are on the look out for any other signs of danger, not yet detecting Malik. But as the Waterbender hitches a ride on the Royal Barge, he would hear a conversation between two Fire Nation soldiers.

"Too bad we can't finish our mission. Sinking another Earth Kingdom ship would have been great for Akira."

"Pfft, remember the last time we sank one of those?!"

"Right, how can I forget? The Fire Lord embarrassed us in front of the Royal Plaza because she thought we botched the mission!"

"Yeah, I know. But how could any of us predict our own Captain would turn traitor?"

"And turn out to be a Master Waterbender at that?! What could Akira do, what could any of us do? She loved him like a father!"

"Don't forget, we were out in the middle of ocean! We had no chance against a Master Waterbender with the entire ocean at his command, so of course we hesitated to do anything when Captain Li killed our superiors by drowning them. Anyone would have!"

"Too bad Fire Lord Sasaki didn't see it that way. We were lucky she didn't decide to kill us."

"Poor Akira got the worst of it, I think. She looked up to Captain Li like a second father, especially after the one she had died when she was so young."

"Akira still put Captain Li in prison you know. And at his age, he won't last long. Frankly, I'm surprised he's lasted a year already in prison."

"Did Akira ever visit him?"

"Not as far as I know. Too painful I think. Can you believe he actually wanted her to join the Earth Kingdom's rebellion against the Fire Lord?"

"NO WAY!"

"Oh yeah, he said that."

"What did Akira say to that?"

"She screamed in his face that she hated him and she'd never betray the Fire Nation. But after what the Fire Lord did to her, I'm not so sure now. Have you seen the doubt in her eyes?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I have. She's not as decisive as before. Almost as if she's always second guessing herself."

"Anyone would after what the Fire Lord did to her and us. Man, that was harsh."

"Yeah, I wish I could drink to that but no drinking while on duty." A sigh is heard.

"We'll drink later. I brought plenty to drink before we left."

"That's great! I look forward to it."

"Where do you think we're headed now?"

"The nearest Fire Nation outpost for repairs. We can't continue our mission until that happens. This ship is too busted up to sink that Earth Kingdom ship now. We might even miss our window to sink the thing."

"And then the Fire Lord will really be angry with us, especially with Akira."

"And she won't abide by failure a second time. Not that Akira failed in that mission a year ago. She succeeded as far as I'm concerned. But the Fire Lord punished us anyway for an imagined wrong we never did."

"I'd like to see the Fire Lord's head on a--"

No Caption Provided

A woman's voice speaks now, "If I were you, I wouldn't finish that sentence. Back to your patrol you two, now!"

"Yes ma'am!" Foot steps walk away as the two men resume their patrol around the ship, leaving only the woman.

Akira sigh's, stepping close to the side where Malik is but out of sight. A sniff is heard, then something small drops into the water. It's a diamond ring. Beautiful too. When she speaks, her words can be clearly heard, "If my cousin, Sasaki, thinks I'll spy for her..." She doesn't finish her sentence.

Akira clenches her jaw in anger. "That's the last time you humiliate me, cousin. I promise you that. That is the last time."

Akira walks away, not saying anything more.

Well, well, well. If Malik had been listening attentively enough, he might be able to conclude that Akira is the Fire Lord's cousin. If he kills her and sinks her ship, he can send a message to the Fire Lord. A very powerful message. This is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Eventually, after several hours, the men aren't as much on high alert anymore.

#224 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@razahn said:

@sii-la:

No Caption Provided

That was moving.

Gracias, bella.

#225 Posted by ParagonxXx (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this dead? o.0

#226 Posted by Paradigm_ (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m a month late, but I feel the need to express how well designed the OP is. Well done.

#227 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by ParagonxXx (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Should have taken up your offer to RP then since Malik didn't kill my character.

#229 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Posted by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Since I've lost Malik, we can still do that RP if you want?

#232 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL aww, I liked the spontaneity of her dying like that.

#233 Posted by ParagonxXx (3158 posts) - - Show Bio
#234 Posted by AkiraHoshi (73 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The royal barge suddenly springs a leak that cannot be repaired and as it slowly begins to sink, Akira orders to abandon ship. Unfortunately, as they are rowing away in the life boats, a whirlpool opens up and swallows them up whole.

Akira Hoshi, along with all of her men, drown in the depths of the sea. As the young Firebender's life ebbs away, she smiles. The Fire Lord's plans have now experienced a set back because Akira can no longer accomplish any of them.

No trace of Akira's royal barge, herself or her men will ever be found. This will go down in history as a mystery with countless theories on what happened. But one thing in these stories remains consistent. Akira and her men are forver lost at sea.

#235 Posted by Blackstone (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Since I've lost Malik, we can still do that RP if you want?

I think everyone else either lost interest or got too busy, and that RP wouldn't really work with only the two of us, LOL. If we can get everyone else back on-board then definitely!