#1151 Edited by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@_grifter_: It's kinda funny, kinda sad. I was talking to a guy and he recommended I watch this movie, and he described it as "they go around and talk to these scientists, and they can't prove evolution." I had to stop him right there because, the way I feel, I don't feel compelled to endorse biblical science in order to love biblical morality. So I stopped him and said "Woah woah, I actually believe in evolution."

But that whole encounter was...hehee.

#1152 Posted by _Grifter_ (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: I can see that being awkward lol. I generally try to avoid conversations like that. They tend to get heated very fast.

#1153 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@_grifter_: It was odd, but I was having fun. Normally it's me who gets uncomfortable, but I've started to sorta come into myself.

#1154 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe said:

I don't feel compelled to endorse biblical science in order to love biblical morality.

I love you.

#1155 Posted by Xiandra (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe:

"Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. If it's truth you're looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall."

-Indiana Jones

;)

#1156 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio
#1157 Posted by _Grifter_ (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: Good for you ^_^

I've gotten slow as hell when it comes to writing small posts.

#1158 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna give a shout out to the RPGers for being, generally speaking, very good users.

#1159 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio
#1160 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio
#1161 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its because we're the only section that is forced to work together to achieve our goal.

#1162 Posted by Xiandra (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#1163 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its because we're the only section that is forced to work together to achieve our goal.

Huhhhhhh this is very interesting

#1164 Edited by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio
#1165 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: @whisper_: In the battles forum relationships start off adversarially. Off topic goers don't -need- any of the off topic people. Fan fictioners only need each other so they feel like someone else is reading their stories. We're the only section where you're incentivized to get along because if you don't you might find yourself without much to do.

#1166 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

I really loved watching Lara Croft come into her badassery. Sad to see it's about over.

Kinda funny, though. Fitting, that I should finish right at the end of my school year. Searches for symbolism.

#1167 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

I should add that it's also sorta happy to see it over. This experience was absolutely miserable for all involved and it's about time they got to go home.

Still sad for all the people that died.

#1168 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: @whisper_: In the battles forum relationships start off adversarially. Off topic goers don't -need- any of the off topic people. Fan fictioners only need each other so they feel like someone else is reading their stories. We're the only section where you're incentivized to get along because if you don't you might find yourself without much to do.

I never actually put any thought into this, but yes, you're absolutely right. That's a really really interesting train of thought.

#1169 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe said:

@lady_liberty: Good. She understands, at least for the most part. "I don't know what I want. I donno what else is there. I'm supposed to help protect these people. But I don't feel...connected with them. I don't...care about them."This revelation is dangerous and I have to scan her features to gauge a reaction.

"I have...come to...like my new master, and sometimes you aren't horrible. But these people as a whole, they don't speak to me. Protecting them feels...thankless. You're a goddess. Can't you tell me something? How can I fix me?"

"The truth is.. that's okay." A dry grin lifted the left side of her mouth and one of her shoulders shrugged. "You don't have any duty to protect people just because you have powers." Liberty knew she was suppose to deliver a rousing speech about honor, heroism and the american way.. but that wasn't the american way. Not really. "Just because you don't feel a duty to become a hero doesn't mean something is wrong with you. You have three fundamental rights Trinity. The right to life. The right to liberty; not me, I mean the right to make your own choices. And the right to pursue happiness. That means you can spend your life doing things that you want to do. There isn't anything wrong with regular people if they choose to not become cops, firemen, doctors or decide to never donate a penny to charity." Kelly shrugs again. "Its the same with you. Having powers doesn't change that."

"I cannot tell you what will make you happy Trinity. There is nothing I can say that will make this life fulfilling or meaningful to you. That has to come from you. All I can tell you is, well, do something else. Go find something that does have meaning to you and do that." Her lips crack into a smile. "Pursue happiness."

#1170 Edited by Inferno_ (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: @no_one_@mutant_kind@daywing

Who is the armored man? No doubt he is with Avalon, I wonder if he's an AI? Tristan restored his sight back to the seemingly helpless woman, surrounded by his flames, and her new protector. F*ck him, and her! Kill two birds with one stone. Tristans' wall of fire surrounding the girl expanded almost instantly, to envelope both the people inside it, and then he slowly allowed it to contract itself to burn the captors inside. I'll make them barbecue. His power operated through his mind alone, so no voluntary movement was required. The armored protector would not be fast enough to reach him, and if he hurt Tristan, there is a high risk the fire will become unconfined and lash out at the two captors inside anyway. How dare they take our mutant messiah, and react this way when we demand his liberation? How dare they scold us for taking a human life when mutants have suffered at Reservation X and facilities like it?

#1171 Edited by No_One_ (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_samurai: @la_espada: @daywing: @inferno_: (sorry for delay)

Fire spawned all around the blond receptionist engulfing her and pinning her down as the mutant revolutionary advanced. She didn't bother to evade. The grip tightens around her neck, struggling to choke Ruby. However her present aura of this form of herself was the most durable. She didn't struggle to breathe, or slip out of consciousness. Instead her fists came up over her head releasing shock waves that would flip a bus over. Even if it didn't end her opponent it would let her execute a flip that'd break her free of the hold. A masked figure she'd later learn to be Ronin jumped in front of her. "My hero" she remarked rolling her eyes.

A dauntingly tall figure of monstrously bulky armor took up the flanking rear. "Weeeeeeell that escalated quickly. Hey guys I'm Ruby nice to meet you." The bubbly vixen introducing herself before turning towards the lead duo of the riot. Before she could even speak the flames expanded. A wild inferno seeking to burn them all. With a flash of light her form changed.

Hair white as snow weapon a ornate rapier she stabbed it into the concrete. A barrier of ice halting the flames with their cold embrace. Sweat dripped from her brow a second later and she might have burned. "So I didn't die! What's your plan now? Burn a city? Genocide? Do you know how stupidly counter productive you are! And this is coming from the girl who tripped on her way out here!" She really didn't care if the mutants listened to her, she just needed to flail her arms and vent a bit.

#1172 Posted by Inferno_ (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@no_one_: (You didn't mention the fire enveloping her from every single direction, lol. I think it's because the post was twenty minutes before yours)

#1173 Posted by No_One_ (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferno_: made an edit lol

Sorry for missing it. You posted about the time I was catching up on last page.

#1174 Posted by Inferno_ (115 posts) - - Show Bio
#1175 Posted by Daywing (4487 posts) - - Show Bio

@no_one_: Ronin looked over the woman, she was a lot more than he expected. He was about to speak before she began yelling at the man in armor, he decided it would be best not to cross her.

#1176 Edited by Stella_Turner (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_samurai@no_one_@la_espada@mutant_kind

"There it is, that mutant racism!" A girl emerged from the crowd, bright purple hair, a green jacket and a white t-shirt. "You just generalise every mutant for the works of a few! Just like the muslims, and 9/11! You are determined to make mutants the enemy. Because of this, we can no longer ask for our rights, we have to demand them through force and protest" the girl herself was a mutant terrorist, she was in fact the sister of Tristan Turner, Inferno, who was in the same crowd. But she would not unleash chaos right now "You pushed us so hard, that we're done talking, and when we get angry, you scold us!" She then motioned to the crowd "so tell us now, what are we supposed to do, when our way of life is at risk? What happened to the foundations of the country, of equality for all!?" she turned back to the woman. "Mankind reaps what it sows" she had roused the crowd even further, as they rallied behind her.

#1177 Posted by No_One_ (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@daywing: (at the mutants dummy :p Espada is on our side lol) @stella_turner: @inferno_: (Espada isn't on this page so i couldn't tag him lol)

"You act violently people think your violent. Shocking! Amaranth, Brahma they don't give a damn about equality. Thus why they rack up a body count. Your backing someone who nearly had Gothic leveled! The children dead in the street what did they sow!..love the hair by the way." She mentally yelled at herself, she had to be serious like seriously. "What does this little stunt prove?"

#1178 Posted by _Ophelia_ (1996 posts) - - Show Bio

Gah, I hate writing backstories >.<

#1179 Posted by Stella_Turner (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@no_one_: @la_espada@daywing@mutant_kind@the_last_samurai

"There you go, generalising mutants. You think every mutant is violent, b*tch?" Stella was trying hard not to unlike her powers of laser upon this woman, "you speak about mutants targeting the innocent, huh? It works the same way with you, todays society brands every mutant as despicable, and persecutes them relentlessly and unfairly. Amaranth was only returning the favor, for every mutant this society has killed and wronged, and you react in contempt to the very same crimes you've committed. Or are you forgetting of Paradiso? Levelled to the ground, a safe haven for mutants just gone. Sound familiar?" Stella took a breath, then spoke again "this proves mutants are done being second-rate to humans, and we will stand up for ourselves" she smirked.

#1180 Posted by No_One_ (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferno_: @daywing: @stella_turner:

"No I don't. I do think you and your friends are acting violently though. Why you ask. Because I have already had two people try and take my life!" She rolled her eyes "with me? Nope. I don't care about the wars. I just don't like being attacked at work." Ruby shook her head. "Paradiso for Gothic. Pittsburgh for HellFire Academy. Then there was that Venezuela ordeal. Both sides get aggressive both sides get people killed. Maybe we should all grow up some?" She tried not to laugh at the remark knowing that anyone who knew her would find it ironic.

"But if blood for blood is all you crave can we at least move away from innocent people?"

#1181 Posted by Stella_Turner (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@no_one_: "Me, and 'my friends' have done no worse than what you've done. You treat us as if we're a disease. We are normal people, but just like any other previous regime in history, the people rebel after oppression" Stella was not calming down at all, talking with this woman only strengthened her belief in human ignorance. "Just like humanity acts indiscriminately against mutants, so too will mutants do so with humans. This only ends when 'humans' reverse the damage they've done to mutants. We are only reacting to our treatment, we do not initiate attacks and protests for no reason. Mutants are not inherently evil, we are only protecting our own" she looked around at the mutants and mutant supporters behind there "among this crowd are humans, even your own kind have come to realise what is happening is unjust."

Stella laughed "As of right now, no one who works in Avalon is innocent. Everyone in that building who chose to stay is either supporting or tolerating your bosses' treatment of Amaranth, a visionary who has the interests of mutantkind at hear. Every employee of Avalon is now an enemy of mutant kind, and that woman cannot keep protecting everyone" Stella threatened.

#1182 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@daywing: @inferno_: @no_one_: @stella_turner: @mutant_kind

The rousing speeches for mutant rights, the ethically spurred arguments against their moral character by the emerging Avalon constituents and the unacquainted 'Ronin', while conversationally compelling, neither was necessary. The time for an exchange of words had long passed. And with the gathered crowd willing to take lives and raises searing walls of fire, there was only one course of action to take. Crowd control. Casting a glance towards Ronin, his orange-flushed visor meeting the man's eyes, the Bison Armor's speech synthesizer muffled Santiago's emitted voice, imbuing within it, a monotone robotic character, "Try to keep these people safe", he suggested, before turning, tersely glancing at the youth commanding the raging fires.

"He's just a young buck, a nino", a smile of bemusement crept onto his veiled features as he raised both palms, thrusting them forward as the graviphoton bracelets on each wrist projected a towering wall of repulsive force, the immaterial phenomena seeking to forcibly repel not only the flames but the congested crowd from the building. As powerful as they were, all had no choice but to yield before the forces of physics. Turning to his endeavored collaborators, he urged that they regress to Avalon's interior. "I suggest you all go back inside. If we fight and kill one of these people, we will be proving them right, no? That the mutant race is an evolutionary inconvenience that can only be managed through violence. But that is not what we believe. We simply do not endorse terrorism".

"Go back inside my friends, I will use some graviphoton or anti-gravity based technology to keep them away from the building". Whether or not his comrades would comply was hardly of any relevance, he would proceed as planned with or without their tactical complacency. Thrusting both palms forward, an enveloping, repulsive barrier encompassed the building, towering at forty feet, the translucent barrier found immediate fortification as Santi rerouted the majority of his armor's fuel cells into structurally strengthening the barrier's atomic binding energy via quantum-shielding. The entirety of his purpose, to force the gathered to remain thirty meters from the building, though with the bulk of the Bison Armor's power being feverishly exhausted in his present endeavor, only two hours remained. Afterwards, his armor would face immediate deactivation.

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
#1183 Posted by The_Last_Samurai (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Can you outlay what has happened to me? I can't be asked to read all that right now lol Too many posts xP

#1184 Edited by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_samurai: Oh um people fought, VG's boy is using fire against us, Az's character is confronting this new character Stella, and Ronin's helping to try and control the crowd. Santi emerged with the armor and suggested that they all go inside Avalon and proceeded to erect a thirty foot tall anti-gravity, repulsive barrier around the building, and is attempting to stretch it thirty meters forward to keep the crowd and the fire away from the building for the next two hours before his armor deactivates. That's pretty much it unless I'm missing something LOL.

#1185 Posted by The_Last_Samurai (2291 posts) - - Show Bio
#1186 Posted by VictorGrey (13505 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Stella is also my character, btw.

But yeah, you got everything. Also, @no_one_ is not dead because she managed to evade your death blow.

#1187 Posted by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#1188 Edited by Mutant_Kind (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferno_: @no_one_: @stella_turner: @la_espada:

Catapulted back into the crowd by Avalon's receptionist, the Roaming Revolutionary felt his teeth shatter within his mouth as blood stained the concrete ground, crawling back onto his feet, casting a devilish grin to the onlookers as he went to greet the armored bison which had foolishly come to the corporations aid, cracking his neck and smiling as blood crawled down his chin and dripped onto the ground below, his crimson eyes looked at Espada, recklessly running into the man, attempting to body check him....

...Before a translucent blue barrier threw him back once again, cackling, "Mutant" stood, and faced the crowd with a bloody face."Whilst we rebel and demand our freedom, have any of you seen the Avalon CEO?" Glancing around, his eyes looked up to where her supposed office was, then back to the crowd, "The Queen of Avalon hides behind her armored brutes and brainwashed employees," Removing his phone, he scrolled through a list. "she cannot run her business, so she uses force instead. Three shareholders have been murdered. Destiny Jones, Hassan Al-Hakim and John Truma, and do we see a response from the Queen?"

He arrogantly laughed, looking back down at the phone before reading again "Avalon will fall but not from our violence, but her utter incompetence. As of yesterday, 09.23 AM...The Avalon stocks worth have reached a lowest, their shareholders flee, what fool would invest in a corporation which endorses kidnap, the suppression of mutant kind, and where their CEO could die at any moment due to her selfish aims?" Looking ahead, he put up the volume of his phone and thrust it into the air so all could hear, "Do you want to hear how Avalon sees us?" The voice of Espada was blurted into the air for all to hear, amplified by his powers, "The mutant race is an evolutionary inconvenience!" having recorded the segment just before being thrown back by the forcefield. The inhuman grinned, turning around and malignantly winked at Espada, quickly looking back towards the crowd.

"We are Gods unwanted children my people and this is your life...And it's ending one minute at a time," Folding his arms and stepping to the side, allowing the mob an entrance to Avalon. They roared, and then...They charged, hundreds of angry mutants trying to gain entrance into the oppressor of Mutant Kind's hideout, and try they would, the forcefield could only hold them back for so long, it was a finite defence, but their anger stemmed into infinity.

#1189 Posted by Ult_Nerx (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@mutant_kind: If Owen Porter is looking to get Ama, this one is a good alternative target

#1190 Posted by Troy_Walker (419 posts) - - Show Bio
#1191 Posted by Ult_Nerx (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@troy_walker: The guy locked up in the last public announcement, Fun things will come and they will happen at the expense of the mutant community

#1192 Posted by Troy_Walker (419 posts) - - Show Bio
#1193 Edited by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferno_: @daywing: @no_one_: @stella_turner: @mutant_kind: @antonia

Internally unconcerned with the certain misinterpretation of his slyly recorded words, Santiago dismissed their sociopolitical prominence in whatever ethical case the mutant community could muster. After all, his voice and vocabulary were unrecognizable, his armor's speech synthesizer profoundly altering their character. His identity was veiled, this was the Bison Armor's incipient emergence into the public, for all common knowledge there was, he could be a simple bodyguard, a security official tasked with repelling the fervent masses, the relevance of his words, was nonexistent, and it made the Spaniard smirk. A cocky expression that encountered immediate dissipation as the gathered masses blasted forward, bombarding his erect repulsive, graviphoton barrier.

Struggling to maintain the fundamental, fifth force, the Madrid Mamba relayed an instantaneously transmitted message to whatever communicative device was in Antonia's person. ('Ms. Dain, the situation outside the building is under limited control. I've erected a thirty foot tall graviphoton-reliant barrier around the building, thirty meters forward from the building. In two hours, my armor's power will be no more, and it will shut down. At that point, the barrier will disappear. The entire crowd is trying to break through the barrier, they are too many. I'll do what I can to prolong the barrier, but they want you, Antonia. Tis what they keep screaming. Seal the building or something, and retreat to some place these people will not be able to find you if they manage to get past me. Or.. you could send out Ms. Blue'). He continued, ('They want you out here, to fight them, so that they can use you to prove them right, that all we do is use violence against them. There is a small group here helping me, hopefully we can turn the situation around. Cheers bella').

As the irate mob continued to ram into his barrier, the Bison Armor's fuel-cell power continually depleted. Assistance would be required. Assuming that Trinity would not emerge, and that the Avalon CEO would indeed incorporate some method with which to seal the building, he requested Merlin's immediate assistance. ('Merlin, forget whatever I told you to do. Come outside, I need you'). Complying with the Spaniard's request, the artificial intelligence platform emerged from the front doors, it's luminous photoreceptor taking in the sight of indignant organics. "Merlin, aggrandize my barrier with your own. They're trying to break through it. They believe that they will". Tactically assuming a position on Santi's right, Merlin outstretches both arms, facing his palms towards towards the barrier and via his technological exploitation of graviphotons, strengthens it with his own. (--Their belief is not required--).

#1194 Posted by The_Last_Samurai (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Nice. What type of bot is Merlin btw? Can I see an image (if ya got one) help me picture things.

#1195 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

O____________O

#1196 Edited by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#1197 Posted by The_Last_Samurai (2291 posts) - - Show Bio
#1198 Posted by VictorGrey (13505 posts) - - Show Bio
#1199 Edited by ia_espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#1200 Posted by Whisper_ (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be catching up and posting when I get back in.