A large mobile base built by the combined efforts of Achilles and Thee Champion, Aurora acts as the American God's primary residence. Found drifting across the sky during night and in harsh corners of Antarctica during day, Aurora is not only home to Achilles, but to his starship - the Blue Eagle - and many a technological and scientific marvel man has never beheld.
✪ The Vessel - Technology & Internal Layout ✪
✯✯ Armored-Xeno Hull✯✯
Resilient and well-armored, Aurora features a hull forged from an element called "Xeno" mined from a different universe altogether. Comprised of exotic matter found only in the universe from which it hails, xeno is - at the quantum level - made of only one type of quantum as opposed to the usual four. And past the quantum level, xeno only features one color of gluon, all of which combine to create an element with strange and unique properties. Lightweight and capable of annulling most conventional objects/forces that interact with it, xeno exhibits absurd strength and durability.
Sheets of xeno woven with a diamond chemical vapor deposition are crushed into super-dense layers to create a bulletproof, explosion-proof, ultra-durable, weather and temperature resistant material for Aurora's hull.
✯✯ Flight-Tech & Power Source✯✯
Bearing greater similarity to a superstructure than an actual vehicle, Aurora requires non-standard sources of energy to make operations possible. For propulsion, the vessel uses large deuterium-tritium fusion reactors kept in vast chambers. These fusion reactors power many of Aurora's fundamental systems, including several aft-mounted plasma engines that propel the vessel. Furthermore, Aurora uses non-reactive fifth force drives for standard maneuvering, hovering and general anti-gravity purposes. The fifth force in question is a telekinetic fifth fundamental force responsible for countless anomalous observations that modern science is unable to reconcile with existing theories.
A vast and powerful force to whom atoms respond more strongly than electric forces, the fifth fundamental force transmits an enormous of energy which most often manifests telekinetically. Aurora's fifth force drives act as receiving and transmitting devices of the fifth force by bearing technology that is uniquely sensitive to the properties of the mysterious fundamental force. In addition to it's deuterium-tritium fusion reactors, Aurora is also home to nuclear reactors powered by a mysterious mineral by the name of astronium. Found in the same universe from which xeno hails, astronium obtains superconductive properties from mineral refinement. By relying on the superconductive properties of refined astronium, Aurora's nuclear reactors use the mineral as a powerful fuel source.
However, instead of doing so via fission or fusion, Aurora's nuclear reactors use astronium as power converters, directly converting an unknown percentage of the mineral's mass into energy.
✯✯ Miscellaneous Technologies✯✯
Among the countless technologies of Aurora are waste-consuming nanites, helper robots, virtual intelligence computers, holographic systems, auto-piloting systems, fifth force-powered force fields and barriers for armor and hull-reinforcements and so on. Aurora features an incredibly sophisticated scanning system, one which includes a vast range of passive and active scanners ranging from visual, thermographic and radio detectors to radar and laser detection. This scanning system provides long range topographical scanning resolutions and can deploy a multi-static grid of radar-emitting nanites that deliver a digital elevation model at 15 meters per pixel resolution.
For slower scanning and rendering speeds ideal for geological and biological prospecting, as well as archaeological research and long-term security surveillance, the scanning system can lower to 0.001 millimeter per pixel while the spherical geometry of it's multi-static grid enables exceptional cross-sectioning and a stiff resistance to electronic countermeasures. A secondary set of nanites manifests as a nano-filtering system that eliminates airborne toxins and enemy nanites. Furthermore, they recycle exhaled carbon dioxide into fresh oxygen. A tertiary set of nanites are deployed as espionage units that use an algorithm which incorporates sound to read passive sounds through video to analyze the imperceptible vibrations made by sound waves on surfaces.
When paired with their electroacoustic transducer technology, these nanites use the algorithm to turn imperceptible vibrations into audible sounds, enabling them to recover the intelligible speech from a group being recorded some 40 feet away behind soundproof glass. And because the best results need the video's frames per second to be higher than the frequency of the audio signal, these nanites also work as high-speed nano-cameras.
As a ship, Aurora's internal layout is organized in decks, all of which are as follows:
- Achilles' Quarters:The first and topmost deck of Aurora is completely taken up by Achilles' quarters. It is located directly under the exterior pressure hull. Beyond standard comforts like a bed, bathroom, desk and furniture, the American God's quarters possess a private terminal for basic communication and ship monitoring purposes.
- Data Center: The second deck and one of the largest is home to Aurora's research and tech labs, communications room, bridge, primary airlock, and so on. From the bridge, Achilles himself or Aurora's virtual intelligence computer systems can pilot the vessel while engaging in communication with the roaming helper bots. The control panel next to the pilot's seat can be used to open and close the hull's fifth force shields.
- Amenities: Aurora's third deck features observation rooms, life support systems, bathrooms, the main battery, the medical bay, kitchen, and so on.
- Drive Bay: Here, drive cores and a string of Aurora's robust engineering is housed.
- Hangar: The lowest of Aurora's deck is the hangar, wherein the armory can be found, as well as the Blue Eagle.
✪ The Fortress - Security & Defenses ✪
✯✯ Stealth Systems✯✯
Despite it's size being comparable to an aircraft carrier, Aurora exhibits powerful stealth technology consisting of various systems geared towards limiting the sound, light and heat it generates. Firstly, Aurora incorporates vibranium-based stealth systems to absorb the sound waves the vessel produces. Secondly, Aurora makes use of a photonics stealth system that temporarily stores the photons the vessel generates, preventing it's light from reaching eyes etc., affording it short-term invisibility.
Finally, because the heat generated by it's on-board operations renders it easily detectable to thermal scanners, Aurora's third stealth system can temporarily store the heat it generates in lithium heat sinks kept deep within it's hull. However, the stored heat must eventually be radiated lest it run the risk of scorching Aurora's insides via heat accumulation.
In addition to standard military armament e.g. EMPs, ship-to-ship missiles and so on, as well as more exotic variants such as particle beam weaponry and fifth force cannons that project powerful telekinetic blasts, Aurora also features large magnetic cannons. These cannons fire massive metal slugs via a linear arrangement of magnetic fields coiling down a long shaft to increase the slug's velocity and consequently, it's kinetic energy, to monstrous heights. The slugs themselves are depleted uranium cores jacketed with ferric lining to magnetically propel them.
The second round of Aurora's weaponry however, is subtler. A network of deployed nanites swarm enemy ships before bursting into stormy electromagnetic clouds of energetic particles which burn out the electronics in enemy ships to render them impossible to pilot. Aurora is also able to fire missiles which produce ultrasound waves meant to disorient pilots with crippling headaches and nausea.
- Standard RPG rules apply e.g. no godmodding, no-selling etc.
- This is a character base/home thread and typically I'd say don't just show up if you're a stranger because that's just strange. But given that this is an enormous ship that's often drifting through the night sky (upper atmosphere), it's not too crazy if your character got curious and decided to show up.
- During daytime, the ship is landed in Antarctica, so unless you frequent Antarctica, you'll probably only see this thing at night.
- If you want to attack this location for whatever reason, shoot me a PM on this account or on Grimmwald, King Leo or any of my other alts that I'm active with.