Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@august_hearst:

✭✭ Skies of New York City ✭✭

No Caption Provided

Aurora, a mobile fortress home to heroes from worlds far and near, hovered silently in the night sky. Below it, a metropolis glimmered, forever committed to it's role as The City That Never Sleeps. Here, slumber was elusive, and a luxury least afforded by a demigod whose mind had grown heavy with the weight of one thought too many.

Of all the places in the universe, why has the Court of Courts come to NY?

How do we stop both the Imperium and universal judgement?

And where did this hammer come from? And why to me?

Arms crossed over his chest, focus glinting in his eyes, Achilles stared at the mystery hammer for what seemed like a lifetime. Behind the dim light of a force field cast by the chamber that held it, the hammer crackled with an energy - a force - the American God was unfamiliar with. Not knowing frustrated him, as though he - a demigod - would sooner grow old than find an answer to the object's origins, and it's purpose in seemingly choosing him as it's sole wielder.

"I'll need to run some more tests".

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By August_Hearst

✭✭ Skies of New York City ✭✭

Seeded inside the Aurora, August Hearst stared at the city of New York below, lights glimmered and the night sky, and even seated in the heavens one could hear the roar of life from below, a never ending seed of continuity, though New York was beautiful in it's own way, it had nothing compared to August's home.

This is what clamped August's mind, filling him with stress. Standing with a tenseness to his muscles that makes him more like a mannequin than a god of thundering might. The Prince of Thunder pondered why he was able to open the Bifrost to any location but his home...

"Why do the Norns forsake me so? Or perhaps my father..."

Clenching the runic necklace that held his mighty weapon Dáinsleif he would stroll from his quarters in search for something to take his mind off his troubles.

No Caption Provided

This led him to his Battle-Brother and closest friend: The Star-Spangled god of Wonders Achilles, and his latest project. Pacing over to his friend he would look at the hammer that lied there and his brow would furrow as it crackled with powerful unknown energy.

"What in Odin's beard is that?"

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august_hearst:

"What in Odin's beard is that?"

There was no mistaking the source of the voice rolling behind him. Looking over his shoulder to meet eyes with the team's resident Asgardian, Achilles answered the curiosity on August's brow with the subtle glint of amusement in his eye.

"So, even the world's foremost expert on magic hammers is stumped".

No Caption Provided

Smiling, his mood lifted by the presence of his closest friend, the American God steered his gaze back to the mystery hammer and watched it's energy flail outwards - and push against it's containment field.

"I have no idea what this thing is or where it came from. According to news reports, it crash landed in Expendaville. I found it there not too long after it's landing. The weird thing however, was that I could sense it's presence, all the way from Antarctica. Still can".

Raising a hand, Achilles felt a spark in the air as the hammer tilted towards him. It's handle answered to the motion of his fingertips, and even as it hung several feet away behind a force field, Achilles swore he could feel the hammer's weight in his bones, as though it were sitting in his grip.

"I've run a couple of tests on the hammer. The energy it contains seems to be from some sort of force, one that atoms respond more strongly to than electric forces. And for whatever reason, the hammer's bound to my quantum state - only I can lift it. A lot like yours. But that's all I know so far".

Turning back to August, the American God's attention shifted to more dire matters.

"I intend to learn more but there's more important business to tend to. We have to start prepping for the Imperium's impending invasion before shit hits the fan, which isn't to say it hasn't already, because our universe is apparently due it's judgment by multiversal gods. Their HQ is currently in this very city. I don't know what the future has in store for us, but I sense something big is coming".

"Oh", Achilles smiled, pleased at one turn of events, at least, "We have a new member. You'll be meeting her in due time".

Shield-Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By August_Hearst

Striding forward to stand next to his friend August's gaze would remain straddled to the Hammer that hummed with special energy foreign to mankind, confusion glinted at the front of the Prince Of Thunder's brow, though a flicker of humor glinted on the peak of August's mouth at Achilles jest.

"So, even the world's foremost expert on magic hammers is stumped".

No Caption Provided

"Shh. Tell no one, if the Asgardians' found out I would have my title as Prince Of Hammers stripped. Though in my defense I'm not sure this hammer is magical in nature. And it's definitely not Asgardian." Even from his position by Achilles he could feel the powerful hum of external energy.

As Achilles began to explain the origins of how he found this August listened intently encasing every word deeply into his mind, even as Achilles brought up more pressing matters.

"I intend to learn more but there's more important business to tend to. We have to start prepping for the Imperium's impending invasion before shit hits the fan, which isn't to say it hasn't already, because our universe is apparently due it's judgment by multiversal gods. Their HQ is currently in this very city. I don't know what the future has in store for us, but I sense something big is coming".

August's eyes set in a serious stare and he would nod in agreement to what Achilles was saying "If you breathe in deep you can smell the tension in the Universe. The other Realms themselves have been preparing for something as well, though I'm not sure what, Niorun has been plaguing me with many sleepless nights, her face is seldom seen, but each night I grow closer, which must mean something."

Clutching the Runic necklace that was his hammer he would turn to Achilles "This world isn't ready for Nordok and his Imperium. It's governments are primitive and focused on wrong things, preferring to fight us than the shortcomings of their own people."

But as the conversation shifted once again August's eyes glimmered with excitement "New member? Sounds interesting. Can't wait."

"So what do you think we should do about this problem Achilles?"

8th_Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By 8th_Wonder

@august_hearst:

No Caption Provided

Neither ancient runes nor arcane inscriptions were engraved on either side of the hammer. And yet, of August's guess that the hammer's origin was not one of sorcery, the American God was not certain. After all, was magic not merely a force yet unraveled by science? Was it any different than any other field once thought too unpredictable to be sensible? As Achilles pulled his gaze back to the hammer, face caught in the glow of it's crackling light, there was little doubt in his mind. An object of unexplained origin, mediating a force yet understood, was no less magical in nature than a wizard's wand.

That it was not Asgardian however, the American God conceded, nodding as thoughts of additional tests turned to words.

"I'm sure I'll have some kind of answer once the scheduled tests are done".

Turning away from the hammer, Achilles' attention returned to the exiled god-prince, for as the conversation steered towards cosmic dangers, August could not be righter than he was. Something had shifted in the void of space-time.

"Things have gone to shit faster than anyone could have anticipated. And as you said, Earth is ill-prepared for an invasion by the Imperium, but then again, I doubt any planet isn't".

Nordok's rage for all things living spread over the cosmos like an ash storm. And yet, an even greater threat loomed, one that even the high gods who judged universes could not stop.

"We're going to recruit Earth's finest heroes. I've scheduled a meeting with Superion from the JLA. Between him, his team, our new member, and an acquaintance I'll try reaching out to, we'll have the finest minds and heroes Earth has to offer. But", a sigh bred from frustration.

"It won't be enough. Not against the Imperium. We'll need allies from elsewhere in the universe. So, we'll be doing some planet hopping, recruiting as many spacefaring civilizations as we can. The key to our plan is in Deus, my father's seat of power, but I'll break that down later once everyone's been gathered".