Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magus_Maximus

History:

A few millennia ago, there existed a village whose inhabitants all had the natural gift of mana. And while they all possessed a substantial amount of this energy source to perform the most basic of spells, only a select few really knew of the more intermediate spells, let alone be able to cast them. And those that did know how to cast the spells, used them to help in their everyday responsibilities.. Farmers would use basic elemental skills to water their crops in the dry season. Seamstress would cast basic manipulation skills on their needles and threads in order to sew multiple pieces of fabric simultaneously to meet whatever demands they were working on.

But there was one villager in particular named Nabu whose mana pool was so immense that this mystical energy would radiate from him and from the very spells he cast. Basic water based spells that would otherwise only shower a plant would give life to crops that had withered away. Simple wind based spells that would summon a gust of wind gave life to any plants or floral he so desired to a barren field.

One day, the otherwise peaceful village was raided and pillaged by a group of barbarians, and although the villagers fought with their last breath they were no match for the brute strength and sheer number of the merciless warriors who ransacked and set the village a blaze. Killing every one of its inhabitants except for one; Nabu.

The elderly Nabu escaped, wounded and weak. His heart ached as he watched his village slowly disintegrate before him from a distance before he slipped into unconsciousness.

After regaining consciousnesses, he soon realized he was in a different village, rescued by a good Samaritan who had taken the elderly Nabu to their home. And although this village he was taking refuge in was much similar to the one he had just lost. Peaceful, simple and full of mana. It's villagers were slightly different, the villagers were a little more versed in spells and magic.

After having gained back enough strength, Nabu had slowly accepted the painful truth that this was his home now as his old one was destroyed by the hands of barbaric men. Men of violence and immorality. Within a few days of exploring his newly found home, Nabu stumbled upon the village's library where it housed valuable books about the art of mana and energy, detailing the magic and spells that utilized this soulful and rage power. Nabu's interest grew for the mystic arts and for the next few years he read and diligently internalized all the books he could find in the village's library.

Years passed and Nabu's wisdom and knowledge in the mystical arts had grew at an unbelievable rate. When he had learned all that he could in the village, he announced to the villagers that he would go out and expand his knowledge and power further but promised that he would one day return. And when the day of his return would come, the village and its people that saved him, will in turn be saved forever.

After two decades, Nabu returned to the village even older and even more wiser. As he was greeted with compassion and glee, Nabu spoke "I owe my life to this village and its people. And as you have shared your homes to me and as you have sheltered me years ago so shall I shelter and protect you for years to come." raising both his hands to his chest, he uttered two words. "Augus Magus" just under his breath.

A bright golden yellow light flashed before everyone's eyes, temporarily blinding them. As the villagers vision adjusted and as the yellow light had slowly faded, they realized that the village has now sat on a completely unfamiliar location. What was a small area of land has now turned into hectares upon hectares of land adorned with vibrant green grass with a variety of bright colorful floral. And in the distance a castle so grand and majestic it left the people speechless.

One villager came up to Nabu and asked where they were. Nabu simply replied with a warm smile and spoke. "We are everywhere and anywhere that is safe."

Augus Magus is 500 square miles of land that has been developed purely with magic for millennia by it's inhabitants under a Magus' supervision. The highest rank in their hierarchy. First created by Nabu as a safe haven for the people that had saved him, the location of Augus Magus is never set in one specific place, as it somehow constantly moves and changes locations to where it is the least dangerous and violent at that specific time. No matter the outside weather condition or season Augus Magus seems to be in, the weather inside Augus Magus seems to be unaffected and run its seasons on its own accord.
Augus Magus is 500 square miles of land that has been developed purely with magic for millennia by it's inhabitants under a Magus' supervision. The highest rank in their hierarchy. First created by Nabu as a safe haven for the people that had saved him, the location of Augus Magus is never set in one specific place, as it somehow constantly moves and changes locations to where it is the least dangerous and violent at that specific time. No matter the outside weather condition or season Augus Magus seems to be in, the weather inside Augus Magus seems to be unaffected and run its seasons on its own accord.

University:

What was once an exclusive location that was created for the sole purpose of keeping the villagers that had saved Nabu safe, Augus Magus has since opened its gates to their safe haven to other sorcerers, mages, and those that are gifted with mana to take shelter and/or learn or further their understanding in the mystical arts under one of the best mages and sorcerers.
What was once an exclusive location that was created for the sole purpose of keeping the villagers that had saved Nabu safe, Augus Magus has since opened its gates to their safe haven to other sorcerers, mages, and those that are gifted with mana to take shelter and/or learn or further their understanding in the mystical arts under one of the best mages and sorcerers.

Library:

A library so grand that it has now it's own separate building. It's extensive collection of books range from long lost spells and summons to the newest of techniques and research about the mystic arts. Some books were collected while others were donated by students and high level sorcerers as a token of appreciation.
A library so grand that it has now it's own separate building. It's extensive collection of books range from long lost spells and summons to the newest of techniques and research about the mystic arts. Some books were collected while others were donated by students and high level sorcerers as a token of appreciation.

The Five Magus':

Nabu. The first

and arguably the most powerful of all the magus. Known for having an immensely large mana pool and the creator of the spell
and arguably the most powerful of all the magus. Known for having an immensely large mana pool and the creator of the spell "Augus Magus". A spell that birthed an entirely new location and transferred an existing village to it. Served for 2 millennia

Rajid. The second Magus.

Won the title of Magus in a tournament Nabu had set in order to find someone to take his place as Magus when he ascended into the mana realm. Had an unquenchable thirst for power and an authoritarian. Served for only 5 years as Paz dethroned him.
Won the title of Magus in a tournament Nabu had set in order to find someone to take his place as Magus when he ascended into the mana realm. Had an unquenchable thirst for power and an authoritarian. Served for only 5 years as Paz dethroned him.

Paz. The third Magus:

a noble battle mage who had enough of Rajid's wicked ways. Known for creating the spell
a noble battle mage who had enough of Rajid's wicked ways. Known for creating the spell "Impectai Magus" designed specifically for a rouge magus. It completely drains the mana pool of a magus temporarily, enough for further incapacitation. Paz made the spell public so that anyone with a pure heart and enough mana could learn and use it if another Magus would turn to wicked doings, including himself. Served for 5 millennia

Leux.The fourth Magus:

Expanded Augus Magus's and eventually opened it to outsiders. Dedicated a large parcel of land for a university of sorts for students and high level sorcerers alike. Served for 8 millennia
Expanded Augus Magus's and eventually opened it to outsiders. Dedicated a large parcel of land for a university of sorts for students and high level sorcerers alike. Served for 8 millennia

Maximus.The fifth:

and current magus. Maximus has picked up where his predecessor had left off and has continued the expansion of Augus Magus. Making the slowly developing city into a large and vast kingdom.
and current magus. Maximus has picked up where his predecessor had left off and has continued the expansion of Augus Magus. Making the slowly developing city into a large and vast kingdom.

Augus Magus:

Magus' Castle
Magus' Castle
Healer's center
Healer's center
Main City
Main City

The Perch

The Perch is a hidden realm within Augus Magus in which Mana overflows even more so. It is inhabited by a benevolent, giant, owl like creature, named Aman' whose wisdom has been rumored to dwarf that of Nabu's. It is unclear as to how it came to be for it doesn't seem to heed the calls and summons from even a Magus. Only Paz, the third Magus has been recorded to have interacted with Aman.
The Perch is a hidden realm within Augus Magus in which Mana overflows even more so. It is inhabited by a benevolent, giant, owl like creature, named Aman' whose wisdom has been rumored to dwarf that of Nabu's. It is unclear as to how it came to be for it doesn't seem to heed the calls and summons from even a Magus. Only Paz, the third Magus has been recorded to have interacted with Aman.

Rules:

• Standard CVnU rules apply.
  • No destruction of the place without my permission!Have fun!
  • Augus Magus is known to most sorcerers, wizards and mages so any characters with magical abilities can come. If your character is a street level please have a means as to how he was able to find and enter Augus Magus. (Maybe he piggy backed rode a wizard friend?)

Notes

• This place is a work in progress and I am very much open to suggestions! (What you might want added, taken out off, etc)
  • NPC's will be added soon and a lot of tidying up will be done shortly! So please bare with me
  • Any point outs to any mistakes, (Especially if I'm breaking a rule or two) Is greatly appreciated! For the people I disappointe, sorry. Forgive me
Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, pretty good! Might or might not come, if I do it'll probably be with Zafir or Ferris_Crane. (But I don't intend on destroying anything, just in case you're worried,)

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Magus_Maximus

(Sunnuva. Is it me or are the pictures not there? Dammit)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Ohhh, I likes.

yeah no pics showing for me either

Draco_Trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Draco_Trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus: (Ah. Anyway I might come tonight or tommorrow, probably as Zafir now that I think of it.)

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

( I have no idea what's going on with the format, but it's late where I'm at and this is getting frustrated. Apologies guys for the messy format, will fix it when I can!)

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zafir_Karim

reminder to self to do this tomorrow.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Zafir was a very knowledgable sorcerer, and alchemist, and elemental manipulator, and many other things. Even so, the idea of "Mana magic" was also very interesting, or perhaps it was amusing, he wasn't sure entirely. It was an extremely uncommon type of magic in agrabah. They used very different forms, and even for those who could detect mana or use it, it was more typical for them to use the existing methods that Agrabah sorcerers were skilled at.

And yet, this place known as Augus Magus still fascinated him. He knew he was powerful, and he had had one on one conversations with some of Agrabah's greatest and most legendary sorcerers, who could quite possibly stand up to the person this place called the Magus. That might have been why going in he didn't feel the need to hide himself, walking in under his original form and even carrying the serpentine staff in its original form as well.

No Caption Provided

He walked up his eyes seeing from the places front to its back, selecting the most powerful of the people out by merely glancing at them, and memorizing any spell he might notice.

He was headed to Magus castle and didn't bother hiding that fact. He fully intended on meeting this person who's power was so well known here. Perhaps he could learn perhaps this would be a waste of time, but he was going to try it anyway.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

No Caption Provided

My character Brenna Luther will definitely pay a visit. ^_^

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@zafir_karim: "Lost, wanderer?" Maximus spoke, his voice boomed throughout the room with gravitas. Although Augus Magus was originally created to be an open safe haven of sorts to other sorcerers, Maximus always thought of the castle as some place of privacy for a magus ever since the second magus had created it. And it always irritated him when someone would suddenly wander inside.

The fifth magus stood up from his throne as he walked towards the stranger. His steps having a slight echo as his shoes made contact with the beautiful marble floors "I believe this is your first time in Augus Magus as I have never felt your energy or your presence here before. In that case, welcome wanderer." Maximus added, before stopping a few feet from his throne. His eyes seemingly without pupils or irises staring directly at the first timer's eyes. "Now, what is it you seek wanderer. Refuge? To learn? Both?" The mighty mystic inquired, his tone firm yet welcoming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Zafir grinned slightly as he saw them, he was most obviously an outsider after all. A six foot eight thin Arabic man with a serpents staff and sorcerers clothing.

"Indeed, this would be the first time I have come here." He said his eyes picking up on their magical potential, which was incredibly significant, "To learn. I'm very knowledgable in many forms of sorcery, magic, even dark magic though I've never used it and never intend to. But mana magic is something I'm not nearly as well aquatinted with, where I come from it's seen as...limiting. Still, it has its uses I'm sure. which is the main reason I'm here."

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@zafir_karim: "Ah. A man after my own heart" The Mighty Mystic responded, his tone lightened upon hearing the new comer's reason for visiting the fabled university. "But I have to correct you on some of your misconceptions about mana, wanderer. You see, mana like other forms of energy is only as powerful and as potent as the being who uses it. Take this place for example, wanderer. A seemingly self aware safe haven that constantly changes locations, even planes just to avoid threats. It moves to locations where there is the least amount of danger and violence at that current specific time while leaving the inhabitants of Augus Magus undisturbed while it is on the move. In fact, we are moving right now." Maximus gestured with his hand, creating a projection in thin air, allowing Zafir to see Augus Magus moving to its new location. "You see, wanderer. Everything you see here was created with nothing but mana and magic. The very foundation of which this safe haven rests upon was created by Nabu, our very first Magus. Who, with only one single spell that he created and an unbelievable amount of mana. birthed this complex place" The fifth magus explained.

"Which brings us to my second correction. There is no such thing as mana magic wanderer" Maximus continued as he made his way towards one of the wide eighteen feet high marble walls. Gesturing his guest to follow after him "You see wanderer, Mana is simply a form of energy that we use to cast spells and incantations, spells and incantations we share like so many men of magic. Observe this wall in front of me wanderer, you might be familiar with most of these spells." Maximus gestured to the wide marble wall with hundreds of spells engraved on it "These spells are used by warlocks, wizards, mages and sorcerers. Some of these are the "Dark" magic I assume you speak of. You see, unlike other men of magic, I do not give it certain labels. For me, there is no dark magic, or white magic or "Mana" magic. Strip these "different forms" of magic down to their bare bones and you can see they are only merely spells and incantations or a combination of different variations of the two. And mana is simply the form of energy we use to cast these spells. And I have found that there are certain spells that are more potent, more effective and more powerful when cast using mana. Of course, there are certain spells we have created over the few thousand years that can only be cast with mana as well.

Dominus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIGHT! I've been wanting magic to come back to the board. Gives writers more options, content and something fresh to work with. Power to you! :)

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is interesting. I might have to pay a visit.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dominus_: (Thanks! I sincerely appreciate it. Hopefully more magic based characters will pop up soon and give the CVnU some more variation!)

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Magus_Maximus
Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Zafir watched, although he seemed neutral about what was going on his response next would signify he had made an assessment of these people, "Now it is I that must correct you I'm afraid." He said simply holding out a hand to one side as fire burned on it, though not violently or offensively, "The Sorcery of where I come from, not identical to magic. It takes no words, no incantations or runes at all. Merely thought or simple physical actions to produce. It takes no mana or outside energy aside from its intended effects. Some take energy from the user, but they vary and sometimes don't do it at all for certain sorcerers. Mana magic is entirely different, a user of sorcery like mine may or may not be able to use mana magic and vice versa." He then gestured to an image of someone preforming dark magic, and then of one preforming white magic, "Dark magic, the summoning of demonic activity. In truth it's hardly magic at all, supernatural yes, but real dark magic only need be preformed properly. If you're in the right position any being with a body and a soul, at least that isn't already of angelic type, can do it."

He tapped his staff on the ground as the image he'd created shifted, "White magic. Half the time it's a lie. Merely dark magic under another name. I should know, I've seen demons often enough to know when something empowers them or not."

Zafir stroked his beard in thought, "Perhaps you aren't as knowledgable as originally anticipated. Just as powerful I can see that. I suppose I should explain why I know things. Sorcerers, magicians, warlocks, witches, not all the same thing by the way. But if I were to classify myself it would be as a scientific sorcerer, despite my ability to use things that are not of sorcery such as true alchemy. I know a lot, and I'm powerful and skilled, but only in comparison to most. I never focused on power itself."

He looked again at the wall his eyes glaring at the spells that were dark magic for a moment, "Tell me. You describe mana, effectively, as a form of energy correct? Suppose we compare mana to electricity, and my sorcery to say kinetic energy. They're vastly different, but they can still both generate useful things. Such as this location, not something easily cast using my form of sorcery, I'd have to use a combination of things to manage it. And yet your first Magus did it extremely fast right? Is it possible for any of you to still preform this? And if so, can you change it, alter it, make it more or less powerful then it already is? This is the sort of thing that I do not know enough about."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@zafir_karim: A grin crept on Maximus' face as he listened to Zafir's response. He was not used to having people, especially outsiders calling him out and pointing out his errors, let alone be questioned about this knowledge out in the open. Although he was still not completely convinced he was the one who was mistaken. "You have named titles of beings who use magic, granted of course they are using different forms of it. But do they not use some sort of energy to achieve a desired effect? Did they not learn and master some sort of spells or incantations beforehand?"

"As for your question. My predecessor has attempted to replicate the spell multiple times, but he never succeeded. He could never figure out why. But I know exactly why he was not successful in his attempts." Maximus paused before continuing. "He simply did not have enough mana." He walked towards one of the windows in the castle before he continued. "You see. My predecessor was only able to develop some of the parcels of land that was originally created by Nabu. He created most of the major buildings you might have seen here. He is responsible for the library and the university. But he was never able to expand the size of Augus Magus, only improve what was already here." The Mighty Mystic made a small gesture with his left hand, barely noticeable. "I, however am able to change Its geography. I was able to improve upon it." The floating castle that they were currently in started to slowly ascend higher in the sky. "I am able to sprout up mountains as I wish." Maximus intoned as a large vertical drop of rock slowly took form in the distance. "Without having to follow the basic rules of nature. I did not have to cast a spell that manipulates the elements, I did not have to mess around with the tectonic plates either, as you might have witnessed. I simply use Mana. And of course I can change it however I please." He added, gesturing with his fingers as water started to gush out on top of the vertical drop of rock before cascading down "Waterfalls are always pleasant to look at. Don't you think, wanderer?" The Mighty Magus queried. "Everything you see here is made from Mana. The very castle we are in right now is made from mana. And although I may not have as an immense mana pool as Nabu once had, I am confident I can recreate Augus Magus if some unforeseeable events were to occur and destroy this place. But I believe that is highly unlikely." Maximus finished, extreme confidence oozed from his tone.

"Now, if I have answered all your questions, wanderer. I think it is my turn to inquire. Firstly, I don't think you have told me your name." The Mighty Magus turned away from the window and shifted his attention to the new comer. "Secondly, where do you come from? I have felt and sensed your power and energy from the moment you entered Augus Magus, as I do with every new visitor that enters this place. But your energy seems...rather different. I don't believe I have come across such form of energy before. And it seems to radiate from the staff you hold on your hand"

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

"You have named titles of beings who use magic, granted of course they are using different forms of it. But do they not use some sort of energy to achieve a desired effect? Did they not learn and master some sort of spells or incantations beforehand?"

"We do not. Only certain types of sorcery we use require that. Psuedo minds occasionally require it, but that's a rather advanced technique. The words are more for our benefit of concentration then the actual spell. Like grunting to increase ones strength. Some sorcerers can't even speak, and don't bother to write or draw." Zafir explained calmly, it was a rather usual thing for those outside of agrabah to expect that sorcerers needed to know the incantations or words to preform sorcery.

He listened carefully with interest as the Magus explained about the location and spell used. It was certainly an impressive feat to manage. It also meant that the spell was actively malleable, which made it all the more superior to many other forms of magic used to make a location.

Waterfalls are always pleasant to look at. Don't you think, wanderer?

"It's possibly the most beautiful element that there is, light itself is the only thing that can compare." He said with honesty. He was in fact pleased, and calmed, by the look of a waterfall. And it had so many other ways to interpret it as well if one were to be metaphorical.

"Now, if I have answered all your questions, wanderer. I think it is my turn to inquire. Firstly, I don't think you have told me your name." The Mighty Magus turned away from the window and shifted his attention to the new comer. "Secondly, where do you come from? I have felt and sensed your power and energy from the moment you entered Augus Magus, as I do with every new visitor that enters this place. But your energy seems...rather different. I don't believe I have come across such form of energy before. And it seems to radiate from the staff you hold on your hand"

Zafir tipped his head forwards a bit in a nod, "I suppose. You gave me information, I should do likewise. My name is Zafir, I'd tell you my last name, unfortunately I am also hunted so keeping my full name to myself is important for now. I suppose hiding the location I'm from won't do much good however as long as you do not spread it, I am from Agrabah, a land of sorcerers hidden away from the world. An average sorcerer there would make for a deadly weapon outside of it. One of the main classes there is in fact assassin. And dark magic is an everyday occurrence as well. They are powerful, and skilled, though pleasurable if you only desire corporal means, far less pleasant than this otherwise. This, this is almost peaceful." He held up his staff tipping it so he was holding it sideways and looking at it for a moment, "Don't bother taking this, just in case that was in your mind. It does indeed possess power, but the power is mine. In my hands it's functionally indestructible no matter my enemies power, and it increases my own power enormously, sorcery, magic, alchemy, everything. I'm the equivalent of a scientist where I come from, so this would almost be like wearing a soldiers gear. Of course, I'm not helpless without it. To be honest, I think if this were done with mana magic a lot of differences would need to be made."

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

No Caption Provided

A magical portal opens and a gorgeous woman with raven black hair steps through. Hear name is Brenna Luther, the new Sorceress Supreme. She's never been to this place, but always meant to make the time. Now is as good a time as any.

This place, she had to admit, was magnificent. No, IS magnificent. Beautiful architecture everywhere. And the magic, Brenna could sense the magic everywhere. The place was brimming with it! For a moment, she had to close her eyes to enjoy that feeling. Earth had magic too, but due to the widespread belief that magic didn't exist and so few people using magic, Earth was at a low ebb. For once, it was nice to feel it in every molecule of her surroundings.

Brenna could definitely make a home here, but it wasn't meant to be. Earth needs her and there she will be, to protect it from mystical threats. She begins walking the streets, just looking around and seeing everything.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@zafir_karim: Maximus listened intently to Zafir's response and explanation. The current Magus curiosity grew upon hearing the new comer's history and his place of origin and their kind of magic and sorcery.

Zafir tipped his head forwards a bit in a nod, "I suppose. You gave me information, I should do likewise. My name is Zafir, I'd tell you my last name, unfortunately I am also hunted so keeping my full name to myself is important for now. I suppose hiding the location I'm from won't do much good however as long as you do not spread it, I am from Agrabah, a land of sorcerers hidden away from the world. An average sorcerer there would make for a deadly weapon outside of it. One of the main classes there is in fact assassin. And dark magic is an everyday occurrence as well. They are powerful, and skilled, though pleasurable if you only desire corporal means, far less pleasant than this otherwise. This, this is almost peaceful." He held up his staff tipping it so he was holding it sideways and looking at it for a moment, "Don't bother taking this, just in case that was in your mind. It does indeed possess power, but the power is mine. In my hands it's functionally indestructible no matter my enemies power, and it increases my own power enormously, sorcery, magic, alchemy, everything. I'm the equivalent of a scientist where I come from, so this would almost be like wearing a soldiers gear. Of course, I'm not helpless without it. To be honest, I think if this were done with mana magic a lot of differences would need to be made."

"Ah, no." Maximus chuckled "I do not have any plans to take what is yours, Zafir of Agrabah. I just could not help but notice the power it possesses. You said you were hunted, why? And who is hunting you?" Maximus asked, suspicion started to creep in his thoughts as to why Zafir was being hunted, and by who.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@arquitenens: (Well, I'm certainly open to anything! Sorry for the late reply by the way. Thought I had replied already for some reason.)

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

"Well, I suppose only a few of them remain a threat, I already took down one of them. Remember I said dark magic was common, well I never used it and never would, it corrupts no matter how strong you think you are. A rather admirable woman took against these demonic actions forming a group against them, her name was Mariam Saab. Still one of the most powerful, intelligent, and skilled sorcerers I've seen" He said looking at his own staff again as he set it down and smiling even though it was clear he regretted something, "On the other end however, with comparable power and skill, were two others. The one I took down, his name Omar Alfarsi, dark magic, necromancy, the whole shebang. I beat him by preying on his greed but there's still another, and he has an army of sorcerers who would make most forces look like child's play. I won't mention his name because he might hear it for all I know, and I don't know if even your combined efforts could protect me. They suspected me and came after me because they thought I'd betray them, rightfully so I suppose, I despise dark magic and would have destroyed every one of them if it were within my power. Of course, I predicted this, set a trap, and vanished from my home, probably forever. That gave Saab a chance to start an assault with her own group, and leaving me to escape without having to worry about an entire country of sorcerers coming after me."

I'm cursed to forever try to avoid a full on battle with them by going elsewhere. So I suppose wanderer is a good description of what I am.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zafir_karim: "Well, Zafir. if you ever find yourself in more trouble than you already are in. Do not hesitate to come to Augus Magus for protection. I know you still have doubts about Mana and our capabilities..but I assure you. You have yet to truly see what immense power some of us are really capable of." Maximus assured with confidence.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Zafir nodded towards them slightly, "I'm afraid I'd only get your people dead. You wouldn't be facing mere sorcerers, they're more along the lines of professional powered and organized murderers." He grimaced at the thought of seeing the people demolished, and then himself with them, "I can see your powers potency. It is strong, incredibly so. Probably stronger then my own. If it were a battle between all of you and only the leader hunting me, perhaps you'd win. But armies of necromancers and demon summoners are worth perhaps more then you realize."

He brought his head back up to look at them to add, "But I thank you, for the knowledge provided and the offer. Perhaps I'll return perhaps not. Time will tell I suppose."

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@zafir_karim: Maximus took offence at Zafir's response at first, he felt severely underestimated but what he felt slowly turned into concern and worry. He contemplated how powerful these men of magic must be for Zafir to warn him even after having felt his power and witnessed it first hand. "Then it seems I must get back to work and increase our defenses here." Maximus bantered. "Before you leave, please take this." Maximus materialized a small crystal, radiating with energy on his palm"This is a crystal filled with Mana. For Mana users, it is a source of energy that replenishe their Mana levels immediately when crushed. To others who cannot channel Mana like yourself, it is utterly useless. But I made some minor changes. This will create a barrier, a force field of sorts made out of pure Mana. This should give you time to cast a spell or two to escape. It will also mask whatever trace or trail you may leave behind. Be it scent or energy."

No Caption Provided
Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@knight101: "Do you sense that Maximus?" Voux, Maximus adviser inquired upon sensing a potent and powerful source of magic and energy enter Augus Magus. "Of course" The Mighty Mystic replied, grinning. Excited to meet whoever this individual was who was radiating such immense power.

Having tracked down the source of the energy, he was no longer surprised who it was. The Sorceress Supreme, Breena Luther. Admiring the magnificent sights of Augus Magus. "Welcome, Sorceress Supreme." Maximus intoned as he appeared a few feet behind her. "I see you finally came around to visit." The Fifth Magus continued. Only a few beings who study the arts of magic didn't know who she was. A powerful sorceress who's powers rival some of the very best in the world of magic. Her style has been the topic in some lectures in Augus Magus' university and Maximus was pleased to see her here.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Zafir raised his eyebrows and examined the item given to him, "I think you, I believe that this could indeed come in handy. If someone does end up gaining interest in crafting devices like my staff do tell me, I'd gladly return the favor for this." He responded in earnest eying the crystal before putting it away.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Knight101

@magus_maximus:

Brenna was not very surprised she was known when she was addressed as the Sorceress Supreme. Powerful beings skilled in the mystic arts would know her, as well as sensing the raw magic energy inside of her. She turns and looks at Maximus. She has never meet him before now, only knowing him by reputation only. She senses him before she saw him and turns around as he speaks to her, a smile gracing her pinkish lips. She bows respectfully to him, "Why, if it isn't the great Magus himself. You do me great honor by greeting me. I am honored to meet you, Magus. I do apologize it has taken me so long to visit this place."

All of this, she says with the utmost respect. She is only a guest here and this place is Maximus' realm and not hers.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knight101: "Apologies are not necessary here Sorceress Supreme. Especially with the responsibility that you have, I understand completely. Now please, tell me, to what do we owe this pleasure?" Magus inquired with genuine curiosity. A small crowd started to form around the two, it consisted mostly of students who may have studied Brenna and were fans of the powerful sorceress. "To learn? Sight seeing, perhaps?" Maximus added to his question.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

Brenna didn't think she was known, but apparently, she was. She noticed the growing crowd and some of the expressions on several faces told Brenna they knew of her. But she shouldn't be surprised. She had many adventures with a companion thousands of years ago before Brenna became frozen in ice only to emerge in the modern world of man.

In answer to Maximus' question, she responds with a delightful smile, "I may be the Sorceress Supreme, but I am always learning. So, you can say I came for both."

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@knight101: "I hope the crowd is not making you too uncomfortable. They're mostly students who may have studied about you." Maximus paused momentarily, contemplating if that statement sounded odd, before explaining further for clarification. "The universities here in Augus Magus dissects everything and anything related to magic or energy down to its bare bones. We try to examine it in every possible angle and perspective and break it down so that the newer sorcerers can understand easily. It also provides a new perspective for the experienced ones, it hopefully gives them a new way of looking at it. One of the things we do here to try and improve even further in the arts of magic are analysis of current or past beings skilled in a certain form or style of magic. Be it a famous necromancer, a notorious mage, wizard or an infamous sorcerer. See how they used their spells, what combinations they liked to use. What spells they favored or certain offensive or defensive tactics they utilized. Of course, some had multiple lectures worth of accounts and records for their style, while others had so little information it wouldn't take up half the time in class."

"Well, Sorceress Supreme. May I offer you our library? Or maybe you would like full access to our Hall Of Spells. It is a building with walls engraved with spells upon spells that we have collected throughout the millennia and shared for those we trust to see. Or is there something specific you wanted to learn or ask about?" The Magus inquired, his tone very accommodating, his voice oozed with gravitas.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Knight101

@magus_maximus:

That was a really good way to study magic. Time consuming, though, but it had it's benefits. Brenna has discovered, however, that no matter how much one learns about magic, there is always something new to discover. Even studying magic the way Maximus describes, one can find new things every day for as long as one can live and still learn something new.

Brenna glances again at the the crowd, then looks back at Maximus, speaking into his mind with telepathic communication, ~Forgive the intrusion, but this is not for the ears of the crowd. As much as you honor me by offering me access to the Hall of Spells, I'm after something of more importance. I trust even you have heard of the legendary Kalikah, she who destroys? My personal library does not have much information about her, so I was hoping yours would be different. Oh, and I also need information about the book known as the Darkholde.~

The Darkholde is a legendary book that is filled with knowledge, providing anything the reader desired. Unfortunately, it also corrupts any who read it. Why was Brenna asking about it?

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@knight101: The Mighty Mystic was surprised and caught off guard from the sudden switch from verbal to telepathic communication. It would mean only one thing; something in secrecy would be discussed. And sure enough, Maximus was right.

The Magus demeanor changed noticeably, he was more serious as the name "Kalikah" pierced through their conversation. "Understood. Let us go to the castle. There, we will have full privacy and can speak verbally" Maximus responded, although his mind was still upon Kalikah. Was she coming for Augus Magus? Was she close? No. Impossible. If there was one place Kalikah could not enter, it was Augus Magus.

Upon arriving in the castle. Maximus finally responded to the Sorceress Supreme "I have heard of her, yes. I have heard of her tremendous power and her lack of regard of life. Our library may have something on her, but I think I have something that will be of much more use to you." Maximus paused before casting a spell that summoned a 3 paged scroll. "Here, take a look at this. It is a record of Leux, my predecessor's close encounter with Kalikah."

I have felt this power before. It is wicked, evil and it screams destruction. I have felt its presence a few months ago but I simply disregarded it. But I am feeling its energy once more, this time closer to Augus Maugs. I am unsure how it is able to close in on us. How is it able to constantly keep up and find where our general vicinity is? How is it able to follow us so closely? Nevertheless, I have to do something without alerting the people of Augus Magus. It will only surely lead to panic. Should I try and confront this being of tremendous power? Surely I can hold my own against it, but I am uncertain if I am able to defeat it. No, this would only be a pointless move. The risk would be far greater than the reward. I must find a different way.

She. "It" is a she. I have decided to follow the being that transmitted such malicious energy yesterday. I took the necessary precautions, I masked myself and my energy fully to where she could not sense me. I was also prepared to fight if I was ever found. I also placed Augus Magus' battle mages and top sorcerers on high alert. I informed them about the presence I have felt and instructed them to not hold back if ever the being would find Augus Magus. Upon zeroing in on the energy, I was shocked to see it was a woman. I could not make out her face in detail, only enough for me to determine her gender. She did not notice me nor sensed my mana, but I did sense her energy and it was of such tremendous amount, I am no longer confident that I would survive a confrontation with her. I know now what I must do. I must hide Augus Magus from this being.

I have done it. Although it was no small task. It has taken its toll on me and I have used an incredible amount of my mana But I think we are safe. I have sent mana crystals filled with as much of my mana as I could place inside without breaking them in numerous locations that would jump and change its current locations similar to Augus Magus. Some of those crystals will also break open and give out a bigger, clearer signal to this woman. This should further confuse her. On top of that, I have also masked Augus Magus' trail temporarily. I have created the necessary spell and shall teach it to the others.

"Of course, when we first found out about this, we did not know who this being was. But as time went on, the top scholars and sorcerers that we asked for help from other realms have come to an agreement that this woman that the fourth Magus was referring to was in fact Kalikah. The way Leux wrote about her bothers me. Leux was a very powerful sorcerer himself, but it seems he knew he would have been killed quickly if he confronted her. I must ask, Sorceress Supreme, is she coming? Is she back?" Maximus inquired with concern, before remembering Brenna's second question.

"Ah, as for the book Darkholde. I am having trouble understanding why you are looking for it, Sorceress Supreme. You must surely know what it does to whoever reads it." Maximus informed Brenna, his tone, noticeably suspicious.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Knight101

@magus_maximus:

No Caption Provided

(OOC: This is what Kalikah looks like. You have my permission if you wish Maximus to know this much information. And she's my NPC, so please don't control her or kill her. I have plans. ^_^)

With a nod of thanks and wave or two at some of the crowd who were smiling and waving at her, Brenna follows Maximus into the castle where they can continue their conversation. Brenna reads the scroll over carefully, absorbing every word and it seems even someone as powerful as a former Magus felt unable to defeat Kalikah. Brenna understood now why this place was hidden from such evil. There was something here that Kalikah wanted, but could not reach.

"She has already returned, Great Magus." That news was enough to send chills down most peoples spines, "But the one thing I found puzzling was why she was not already trying to conquer Earth. And now, thanks to your scroll, I know why. Kalikah is looking for something and she's looking for the Darkholde." And to answer his question, she replies, ever as serious, "I know full well what it does. Tell me, Great Magus, do you know who wrote the book? I doubt that you do, no one does. The legends and myths about it, do not tell. But, I recently peered back through time itself and learned a most startling secret. I found out who wrote the book and it was Kalikah herself. That is why the book is so dangerous, that is why it corrupts any who read it, promising power and knowledge in exchange for servitude. If Leux felt the need to hide this place from Kalikah, I suspect he did it because the Darkholde is here somewhere in this place. Buried, hidden, a place only a few know."

Brenna begins to pace, then stops and looks again at Maximus, "I know the legends say the book cannot be destroyed, but we have to try. Kalikah cannot be allowed to get her hands on it because I sense it is part of her plans to conquer Earth. This place may be hidden from her, but if she wants to find this place and get in, don't you think it's only a matter of time before she finds a way?"

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knight101: Maximus was confused, he simply refused to believe a book so wicked was here, in Augus Magus. A realm he has helped develop to be safe from any evil and free from any impurities. If the Darkholde truly was here, how was he not able to sense its energy all this time? And why did Leux hide it from everyone else? Including Maximus?

"With all due respect, Sorceress Supreme, I must have to disagree with you about the Darkholde's current location. If it was here, I would have sensed it as I sense any and all forms of energy whether local or foreign that is inside Augus Magus. And there is nothing here that suggests such book exists. There is no b-" Maximus' paused abruptly. His eyes widened as a distressing realization popped up in his thoughts, stopping him mid sentence. It was evident that the Mighty Mystic was disturbed and shocked from whatever thought he had just realized.

"Rajid!" Maximus exclaimed. "Our second Magus...he was an authoritarian, he tried to turn Augus Magus into his personal kingdom and the inhabitants, his slaves. He was the only inhabitant of Augus Magus to commit such crimes. No one gave it much thought. Because even the most peaceful of beings will have a handful of criminals." Maximus' tone drastically changed from confident and calm to worried and concerned. "Although, I still have my doubts that the book is still here today. But it might have found its way here a few millennia ago. Then again, I am not as familiar with the book as you are, Sorceress Supreme"

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

The fact that Maximus was worried and concerned made Brenna even more so as the great Magus considered the possibility the Darkholde could be in this place somewhere. If it was here, then it's magic could not be sensed. Which could only mean one thing; whoever hid it, did not want it to be found. And that, in itself, was understandable given the book's nature.

But the dire need of the current situation dictates the book must be located and preferably before Kalikah gets her hands on it. Brenna takes a deep breath, then looks Maximus in the eye, "If you cannot sense the book's energy, then someone hid that energy with a spell. Your library might contain clues to the book's location. If that avenue fails, there is one other option left that might work. But, let's try the library first, unless you have a better suggestion?"

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Magus_Maximus

@knight101: "If someone has hid the book as you have suggested, then I doubt they overlooked the library. Especially if Leux was the one who hid it. But we can of course try. What was your other idea?"

Maximus inquired, while also thinking of alternative ideas to locate the book. He was still confident that Kalikah would be unable to find Augus Magus, let alone enter its premises. Especially after all of the improvements he has made throughout the millennia he has been Magus. But, if all else failed, he did have an idea as to how to find the book. Although, the plan was something he would never choose as a first option.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe6b6aa2d667
deactivated-5fe6b6aa2d667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This awesome place needs a tech embassy, a place of learning where scientists can study magic purely for knowledge purposes and understanding.

Oh...did I just say that out loud? Ignore me.

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novastar_prime: I will be updating the OP soon, and might include that idea! That's actually a really cool concept.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Knight101

@novastar_prime: (OOC: Before I post, I'd like to ask how you'd like this book to be found? )

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe6b6aa2d667
deactivated-5fe6b6aa2d667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus: (OOC: Knight101 here, just realized I posted a message to myself instead of you. *Slams head on desk* Oy.

Ok, so before I post, I'd like to ask how you'd like this book to be found? )

Magus_Maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magus_maximus:

"Well," Brenna takes out some sort of ancient looking dagger with runes covering it's scabbard. It had a distinctive red color to it and it emanated pure evil. It was obviously making Brenna uncomfortable while holding it. "This is Kalikah's own dagger, it is linked with the book. If we get close, the dagger will point the way."

Brenna looks down at the evil weapon then up at Magus, "I don't like this anymore than you do. But if no clues have been left behind, this might be the only way. And...don't bother trying to look for any soul that could reside in the blade. I've tried that too and all I sense is evil, energy, wild and uncontrolled. Fortunately, my spell is keeping it contained...at least for now and long enough for us to find that book."