Arcitect's Parable: Open

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BKole

Trench coat splayed out behind him, Ed leapt across the expanse between buildings, landing in a tight crouch before twisting into a run again. Reaching the edge of this rooftop, he stopped, letting his breath and heart-rate catch up to him. As he cast his gaze down towards the alleyway below, he pushed two fingers into the crook of his wrist, feeling his pulse-rate.

He pulled the exploding book from his jacket pocket, the papers bound together by elastic bands and paper-clips, keeping strands and crunched corners tightly packed into the small leather case. Scrawled into the cover with a compas and some dayglo pens were the words "Neon Bible".

He smiled to himself as he flicked through the pages, trying to find information from the fragment's he'd gleened in his research. For all intents and purposes, the Arthurian Myth's had been repeated across the Modern world. Avatar's taken up to find mythical objects re-created in today's society, as well as ideas and bands brought together through reknewed interested in these ideals.

Mod's had taken up the fashion again, with the popularisation of Indie music and culture, the majority of them donning the colour Red. Flicking towards the back of his book, the manical scribblings involving the parallels between modern Mod's, and the colour Red, Ed had managed to link them together to be Modred. The son of Morgan Le Fey, an enemy of Arthur, her son being his enemy as well, thus making them his enemy.

He shook his head from side to side slowly. Sometime's it didn't make sense. A lot of the time it didn't make sense, but he'd make it fit. He had to at least try. He replaced the book inside his coat pocket and took a few steps back, running towards the edge of the building and leaping across. He followed the sounds of the city, car alarms and window ledge cracks from shut fenestrations. He finally stopped on the ledge of a building a few blocks from where he had last stopped.

Below was a manifestation of the city gone wrong, of nature trying to exhert itself over the urbanised environment Mankind had created for itself. A swirling mass of rubbish, coke cans and newspapers made a gaudy face, metal and meat made it's body, with claws of hypodermic needles and discarded knives.

A Fury. The rage of the city, and the reason why Ed had developed and stolen the Haptic technology. To keep him safe from these things while he did his work.

And his work was beating it up.

((OOC: If people want to join in on the violence, please do!))

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

Dimentio, the charming magician supreme, stood levitating calmly over the city, the depthless jester stood, one half of it's body black and pessimistic, the other white and optimistic, the wind blew through the crown of madness with a howling thunder.   It's mind was a fractured, bloody mess, if it was ever sane, that time was long gone.  "Let us see what this audience has for me, master of dimensions, and bringer of laughter." spoke dimentio with a laughing tone that would send chills down the spine of any sane man.   "Ciao and bienvenu, I am your host, Dimentio, the greatest of wizards" boasted Dimentio to the onlooking crowd.   "And I have come to show you my greatest trick, the ultimate illusion, your worst fears, come true!" and in an instant all twenty people who were looking at dimentio saw their worst nightmares and fears appear in front of them, a phantasmal killer that will kill the weak minded the moment it touches them, and that very instant twenty people died of fright.    

"Ah, how it brings me great joy to show others what magic really is." laughed the two dimensional jester.  But as it spoke it heard the rustling of a ragomoffyn, a pile of junk given a semblence of life and animation, "What is that my ears behold?  A pile of junk given life I see.  Chasing a poor fellow across the town of the fair folk.  But the fellow is no ordinary man praytell.  But one of the superheroes that populate this world." laughed the magician in a sing-song voice.   But unbestknown to Dimentio, a ragomoffyn of discarded clothing formed behind him, the clothing took the general shape of a man, hats and scarves for a head, shirts and jackers for a torso, gloves for hands, pants for legs, shoes and socks for feet.   Without warning the Ragomoffyn pounced upon dimentio with a furious burst of energy, fueled by the rage of nature and the power of Modred.  

Grabbing the mage by the torso with it's long arms the Fury hoped to strangle the magician, but Dimentio's head turned one hundred eighty degrees to face it, followed by it's upper torso, and finally it's legs and waist, in a manner that shouldn't at all be possible.   "Ah So you have managed to touch me I see.  But tell me what can you see when you are dead!" and the magician threw a huge sunburst of raw magic into the fury, causing it to combust and feel a hells worth of pain and agony.  But Dimentio was not finished, no it had to do much more than simply kill it, it had to make it die smiling, so Dimentio snapped it's fingers causing the overwhelming urge to burst into a hideous laughter into the poor thing.  The fury laughed uncontrollably and fell to the ground, laughing as it was burning into cinders.  To a human this would be an unspeakable act of evil, to dimentio, it was a service.  The White half's grin became even larger and more disturbing.  

"Always a pleasure to bring a laugh before for your final hour, but I must bid you adeu and au revoir!" hissed dimentio as it flew off to another part of the city.  To find out where these furies, incarnations of nature's wrath were coming from.  "Perhaps an vengeful druid is animating them" spoke the black half.  "No it is obvious that this is the work of a wizard or sorcerer!" argued the white half.  "It would only make sense if it were a druid, Druid's are the users of nature's magic!" countered the black half with an agitated tone.  "Pah, the magic of druids is such a small thing, only the users of real, arcane magic such as a wizard or a sorcerer would have the power to pull this off!" roared the white half.  "Yes you are right, I am sorry to have attempted to argue with your brilliance." whimpered the black half.  "Yes of course I am right, that is why I am dominant!" boasted the white half as it observed the entire city from atop the tallest building, and then it imagined the entire city on fire, with armies of summoned creatures and phantasmal killers slaughtering the population in such a way as to bring smiles to their face as they died horrible deaths.

"Yes, this is my kind of city, millions of people that will die laughing.  Yes!  MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAA!" cackled dimentio as lightning crackled around him with a thunderous "KRACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!" dimentio laughed towards the heavens, as the thunder storm was raging at it's peak, and the heavy rains made a pitter patter around it.   "Soon i'll be killing in the rain!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!" thundered the mad jester as only a madman would.   A security officer exited the door at the top and spoke to the jester.  "Sir it's not safe for you to be up here!" he yelled at dimentio before noticing that he lacked any depth what so ever.   The Jester Turned it's head a 180 degrees to face the officer.  "Well I think it's not safe for you!  Now please see some of my magic!" cackled the jester as it casted a spell that inflicted permanent madness upon those who could not resist, and the officer fell to the ground, crying and laughing, before finally jumping off the skyscraper, laughing.   "I will find this mordred, and teach him what magic really is!" spoke the mad jester.  

Arach-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arach-Knight

The city was always a fair bit better to look at from three hundred feet in the air, swinging on webs like Tarzan…without all the screaming and shouting.  Seriously, why did Tarzan need to scream?  Was it to strike fear in the hearts of men?  Or tigers?  Do tigers really freak out at screaming?  Mental note: Google this.  All nonsense aside, and the Arach-Knight was indeed capable of copious amounts of nonsense, it was a fairly nice night.

Did I remember the grocery list?  Check.  Extra underwear?  Check.  Oh mom would be so proud.  Her little baby is all growed up.  The Knight swung up and onto a roof, and then hung down over the edge to get a look at the street signs below.  Okay, if that’s Twenty-fifth and Vine, then I need to go two more blocks over and one up.  Or is it down?  Which way is north?  I really need to stitch a compass into this costume.

Then there came a horrid screeching sound like every kid in America deciding to simultaneously scratch a chalk board, but not for just a second, more like a five minute long affair that lasted until the very sound sank deep into your bones and became a part of you.  Needless to say, it was an unpleasant sound.  The Arach-Knight turned his head slowly, as the sound was coming from behind him, and what to his wondering eyes should appear…no, not a fat guy in a red suit, but a pile of junk with flashlights for eyes.

“What are you, like Recycle-Man, making the planet green one garbage bin at a time?” the Arach-Knight asked as he turned fully around to regard the strange junk creature.  But no response came from the thing.  “Well you have me at a bit of a loss,” he continued.  “While you appear slightly menacing, you’ve done nothing to make me want to hit you.”  The junk creature cocked its head as he spoke.  “So, I guess then I’ll be on my way, but I’m watching you, so behave yourself young man, or old man, or whatever you are.”

As the Arach-Knight turned to leave, his warning sense kicked in and he leapt high into the air, narrowly avoiding the sharpened shrapnel the junk creature shot out at him.  “Now come on, that’s just rude.  Seriously?  You wait until I turn my back?”  The acrobatic arachnid landed on the roof once more and then performed a leaping back flip over the monster, coming to rest behind it.  Unleashing a punishing punch into its back, the creature shattered into a thousand tiny bits.

“Wow, well that was easy,” the Knight said as he looked down and toed the junk lying on the roof.  “What on earth was the point of this?”

Then, as if in answer to the query, the junk reformed, shooting up into the air and slamming the Arach-Knight in the face.  Our hero fell backwards onto his rump and bounced three times before coming to rest against the wall behind him.  The junk monster growled something unintelligible as it looked down at the Arach-Knight.

“I really need to just take my victories and run with them,” he said, rubbing his jaw and standing up.  There was a cool draft on his backside, so he chanced a glance behind and saw that the seat of his pants had torn.  “Come on!  Now I’ll be mooning people all night!  Hey kids, do you see that?  It’s the Arach-Knight!  Ewww daddy, I can see his butt!  Although on the bright side, if some model happened to see me and thought I had a cute posterior, well then it’s date city!”  While prattling on, the Arach-Knight yanked a random pipe off of the wall and hefted it in his hands.  “This should do,” he remarked as he swung it at the junk monster, sending the beast skidding across the roof.

The junk squawked again and then leapt to the roof across the street and began running.  “The chase is on,” the Arach-Knight shouted in a horrible cockney accent as he ran towards the edge of the roof.  A glint of light caught his eye and he stopped.  Down on the ground was an old brass compass.  “I believe my luck just might be changing tonight!” he proclaimed as he bent down to pick it up.  Then scanning the rooftops he spotted the monster heading to the…the Knight checked his compass…west!

“Tonight’s my night, monster!  Here I come,” he shouted as he let loose a web strand and yanked his way across the street.  As he did, unbeknownst to him, three sets of Fury eyes followed him.  It figures, just when things were looking up he gets led into a trap.

Kado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kado

Trash, junk, scrap, whatever you wanted to cal it didn't matter. Right now it had it's own mind. It was being manipulated, controlled. The only question was, how could you stop something that could recycle itself in a matter of seconds. The colossus watched from an appropriate distance, as many tried to end this deadly trash guru. It was almost pitiful, because he and only he knew how to stop this creature. Chances were, moments later it would re-form itself. It didn't matter, he would just keep killing it until it got his message. What is that message, you ask? Stay the hell off of his planet.

The Titan slowly stepped from the alley and onto the city street. Clad in his red armor and equipped with his mace, Kado was prepared for combat. It was a good thing, because almost instantly as he had stepped into the madness, had he been attacked. An array of cans shot from the shifting pile of trash, not doing damage to Kado but more like aggravating him. He stomped his foot on the ground sending a powerful sonic wave causing the creature to stumble.

The Celestial of Force then began to charge towards the scrap, while bounding into the air. As he came down, he landed himself right into the middle of this trash sage. He began to swing his mace, and pound furiously at the junk even do it made little difference. He then prepared to execute the vile beast. He sat down on the ground, and waited as the trash tried to consume his massive 12 foot body. Then instantly, he snapped his finger as a fire sparked onto the waste monster. The fire spread, the smell of burning trash caused him to release a victory laugh. Then, then, oh no, “Shit.” it was starting to rain. The fire was about to be put out.  
BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BKole

Between the mental laughter of a 2 Dimensional Magical Wraith, a Man that was bigger than his brothers stood on each others shoulders, and a man who clung to walls and produced webbing, presumably from Endodermis Spinnerets, the Fury had been beaten, set fire too, webbed, punched and destroyed with what appeared to be an unidentifiable energy.

He leapt downwards from his position at the top of the building, using window ledges and outcrops as a reason to slow his decent, until he reached the floor, the rain becoming heavier and heavier, until it was almost torrential. He pulled his coat up, covering the Hawaiian shirt underneath it's leather folds.

“We need to follow him.” He said, straight to the point with Kado. The man was a giant, and just like with big cats, and Great Apes, BKole made no effort to look him in the eyes to challenge his position. He was the Alpha, BKole was just offering a suggestion.

“Fury’s can’t die like that.” He said again, starting to walk from the Alleyway, looking around to try and get a bead on the location of the spawning ground.

“Imagine a pond made of Rubbish, we’re talking about a spirit, probably of the city, or nature trying to exert itself over the top of the city, Spawning in this pond. It’s using up all the ponds resources to allow it to grow and reproduce, so in this case, this Fury has probably come from a big tip, and given birth to a few babies. Which’ll be follow that guy.”

He pointed towards the swinging form of Arach-Knight, and then back at Kado.

“I appreciate the assistance, given that I did nothing at all to help out, and I don’t mean to give orders here, but we really, really need to get after him. These Furies won’t die unless we break up their spawning ground.”

He looked up at Kado through his moisture covered gas-mask eyes, and slick, soaking hair.

“Please?”

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

Dimentio came down and saw more rages, but these were made out of power tools, many of them even had drills or circular saws for hands.  "What kind of idiot leaves his power tools collecting dust where magical energy can animate them?" questioned dimentio's black half.  "The Human Kind, now let us remove the Ragomoffyn factor from this equation." responded the white half in a rapid tone.  Long ago, during the middle ages, rages once stalked the earth, but then they were called ragomoffyns, but a circle of eight wizards destroyed them, now it seems that they have come back in a newer, deadlier forms.  For never before has there been so much garbage being tossed out.   Then Dimentio realized, if the animating force managed to reach the city landfill, the result would be catastrophic, it would either form a ragomoffyn army of epic proportions, or a single enormous ragomoffyn.  But before Dimentio could fully deduce this, a large rage the size of a tyrannosaurus rex formed inside a garbage truck, before tearing apart the truck and absorbing it as well, to form a protective armor of metal around it. 

"Oh this is going to be good" laughed Dimentio as it threw five bolts of pure kinetic force, three rays of scorching heat, and one orb of icy cold.   The Bolts of kinetic force were weak, but they managed to put a large enough dent in it's protective hide as they shimmered and hit with a "TWISHHHHH!!" The heat rays soon followed and turned the entire metallic rage red hot.  But the orb of ice was the finishing blow.  It is a well known fact that metal that is rapidly heated then rapidly cooled down becomes extremely stiff and hard to move.  And when the orb impacted the Rage became immobilized, a prisoner of it's own material.

"Basic physics one oh one, a metal that is rapidly heated, then cooled, becomes extremely stiff, so unfourtunately for you, your not going anywhere" spoke dimentio in a laughing tone as it unleashed a wave of pure shattering force.  Which vibrated the Ragomoffyn at it's natural frequency, until it crumbled beyond the point of animation, falling in a heap on the street.  "Basic phsyics one oh two, adding more energy to an object vibrating at it's natural frequency will rapidly shatter it" laughed the jester of madness.  "Now I must be off, Au Revoir!" spoke the mad mage as it snapped it's fingers to teleport to the bay.   Where a fleet of garbage barges were heading steaming away, until the entire floatilla of eight barges were suddenly drawn into the air as they formed an enormous hundred foot tall Rage.  

"Oh this will be good!" laughed dimentio as it flew up at the monster.  But as the wizard flew at the beast, it simply flicked it into a building much as a man would do to an insect.  The Megarage gave a deafening roar to the city as it started smashing the port into ruin, absorbing the rubble it created to grow ever larger.  But it's form began to change.  It's body shifted and underwent a metamorphisis, it grew an additional leg, and it's waist turned into a rotating platform, to support three bodies, each with a complete set of arms and a complete head. 
The Monster reared itself into the air and came down upon a large dock, killing all the workers who were building a new oil tanker, before it tore the tanker into small pieces.

"And to think, this isn't the largest possible rage." mused dimentio as the rage took metal from the tanker to form a protective shell of armor.  It then tore the crane apart to form a improvised flail, and attacthed a crudely made metal ball on the hook.   "Now just because your a giant doesn't mean I'm not going to crush you!" laughed dimentio as it flew towards it's head.  Peppering the monster with Kinetic force bolts.  However all this was managing to do was annoy the monster, very greatly.  The Second of the three bodies clapped it's hands on dimentio, flattening it in a manner only seen in cartoons.   "Ow, that hurt" said Dimentio weakly as it shook it's head and decided to up it's ante, throwing huge 40 foot in diameter fireballs, and enormous 240 foot long, five foot wide, and five foot tall bolts of lightning, using more of it's magic might upon the Rage Executioner.   But any damage Dimentio was doing was rapidly repairing itself, for some reason the spirit guiding this rage was powerful enough to pull lost pieces of itself back on. 

"Geeze, I feel like the millitary in a godzilla movie, completely ineffective!" exclaimed dimentio as it continued to hurl lightning bolts and fireballs.   But as if in answer to dimentio, the United states millitary indeed did arrive, firing upon the enormous monster.  But every projectile they fired at it simply exploded harmlessly on it's shell, and the fragments of the weapons were absorbed, in effect, the shots were only making it stronger.   "Thrice Damned idiots, do they not know that physical projectiles fired at rages only make them larger!" cursed dimentio as it tossed an intensified fireball, which was sixteen times as powerful, and four twice as large.  This fireball was over 160 feet in diameter.  A third of the monsters current height.  The fireball hit the beast with a loud "THWOOOOOMMMM!!!" as it caused the rage to glow red hot.  But as the creature was so much larger than the dump truck rage, it cooled down far more quickly. 

Ignoring dimentio the Rage Executioner turned it's focus onto the millitary, and it saw over one hundred vehicles mounting a concerted effort.  Enraged at humanities insolence the monster charged towards the millitary, unleashing white hot flames from it's three maws, which almost instantly melted the vehicles into slag and burned the soldiers into ashes.    "How about you just disintegrate for me!" laughed dimentio as a small green ray flew from it's fingers.  "ZZZZZZzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppp!!!" went the ray as it flew straight into the monster, turning it's third body into a pile of ash.  The remaining torsos rotated to face the mad mage and immediately wreathed it in white hot fire.  while the remains of the millitary vehicles were pulled to begin reforming the destroyed third body.  

This attack was beginning to overwhelm the mage.  Even it's spell for protection against fire was beginning to be overwhelmed, the flames were causing too much damage for the shield to absorb, then the monster hit dimentio with it's makeshift flail, sending dimentio falling to the ground, and then it proceeded to step on dimentio, trying to use it's two hundred thousand ton weight to crush dimentio under it's foot.    Lifting it's foot when it was convinced that dimentio was slain, the monster was surprised to see a wounded, but alive jester.  "It will take a lot more than that to kill me!"  shouted the jester angrily as a swarm of twenty flaming rocks flew from it's outsrtetched finger, each one twenty feet in diameter, all wreathed in a eighty foot aura of flame.  The flaming rocks smashed into the beast with the force of a f-16 hitting a building at mach 2, and the flames burned at over 10,000 degrees celsius, well beyond any metal's melting point.  The monster was melting, glowing white hot, and had twenty enormous holes in it.

It let loose a pitiful roar from it's maws, but the mage was incredibly angry, it's usual frown and smile turned into a unified expression of pure rage.  For once the two halves of dimentio agreed on what to do, make the thing pay.   Using a spell of telekinesis the mad sorcerer flung a oil tanker into the beast, igniting it right before it hit the monster.  This explosion caused it to stumble towards the ocean.  "Now feel my wrath!!!!  DIE!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!!!  DIE!!!!!!" Dimentio then used a spell of shrinking to halve the creatures size and mass, and then again to further reduce it's size to a mere 120 feet, and again, cutting it down to 60 feet, and again cutting it down to 30 feet, and again cutting it down to 15 feet, and again, cutting it down to seven and a half feet, and again, cutting it down to three and a quarter feet, and again until it was the size of an ant.  Dimentio then picked up the rage between it's fingers, and snapped it's thumb between it's fingers, breaking the once deadly incarnation of natures wrath like a cheap toy.  

"This would probably only work a few more times, the creatures seem to be capable of adapting a resistance to something repeatedly used against them" mused Dimentio.  "Which would explain why my fire balls became less, and less effective against the executioner after a while.  Perhaps I should warn the others of this" mused the mad jester as it snapped it's fingers and teleported in front of Ed.  "Ciao and Bon Jour mon ami!  It seems your planet has a ragomoffyn problem, not seen since the middle ages when the circle of eight destroyed them the first time.  Tell me is it a spiteful druid?  A mad wizard?  Simply nature giving your species the middle finger?" questioned dimentio in a shrill tone.  It's face became a unified smile, for the white half had become dominant at last, all but crushing the pessimistic yet sane black half.   

"May I remind you that we also should hurry this up, they're using tools as component parts now, so expect saw blades and hammers instead of syringes" said dimentio.