🗽 Apartment 616, New York City (CVnU Sub-Location/Locale)

Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio
🏙️ Apartment 616, New York City
Reggie's Humble Abode
No Caption Provided

"No place like home."

Occupant(s): Reginald "Reggie" Zacharias Quinn

Room Area: 12'x12'; 144 sq.ft.

Address: 805 West Drive Queens, NY 11233

Phone Number: 212-232-6683

No Caption Provided

Welcome! This humble abode serves as both shelter and workshop for the Noetic Nobody as well as his main base of operations. Cheap and affordable, the layout of the complex is fairly simplistic in design with all the mechanical and domestic necessities properly accounted for. Cabinets and other amenities line the walls of the apartment, compartmentalized to Reginald's preference. The apartment offers a sublime view through its twin windows, outside of which sport a fire escape for a quick and easy escape in case of emergencies. The apartment contains access to a small attic-space accessible via a small hatch and holds a clean, closet-sized bathroom with fully-functioning plumbing. A standard-sized bed rests near the center with a comfy chair and small desk sitting starboard to it. Resting on its smooth, wooden surface and contained within are all the necessary electronic and forensic equipment required for Reginald's daily job(s).

No Caption Provided

Situated within the western portion of the Queens borough that borders Brooklyn, the apartment complex sits at a height of several stories high with Apartment 616 situated at the highest level along with easy access to the rooftop. Surrounding the complex are several small businesses and restaurants as well a nearby police precinct and hospital several blocks away with a few dicey areas in-between. However, crime in the area has seen a significant reduction due to the efforts of the Spectacular Spider, Orb-Weaver!

Overall, not too bad of a place to stay.

Apartment Details:

• The lock on the front door is broken with webbing currently being utilized to keep the door "locked".
  • All appliances are all in working order, and the water is clean and filtered.
  • Internet reception is decent and protected via VPN and the Technological Tarantula's personal A.I.
  • Watch the mess.
  • Oh, and for the landlord too.

OOC

• Standard CVNU rules
  • Feel free to visit but PM or message me if you want to do any large scale destruction or anything spider/hero-related.
  • Prone to edits.
  • Please put any OOC-related chatter in spoiler blocks.
  • Totally spider-infested.

#1 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoy!

#2 Edited by LamarTheSlayer (5321 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by superion_prime (568 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome! ^_^

#4 Edited by Cutting_Edge (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: Nice! Arthur needs to pay his old buddy Reggie a visit ;p

#5 Edited by Oraculi (7315 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: (Since this is an apartment building can other characters live and post here?)

#6 Edited by Juno_Fei (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Very quaint, I like it! ^_^

#7 Edited by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

Head's up everyone! I'd prefer if everyone used spoiler blocks for OOC stuff. I just put it in the thread just now because I forgot to put it. Thanks!

@superion_prime:

Thank you! I put a good deal of time and effort to get it exactly how I wanted.

@cutting_edge:

Thanks! You better bring a pizza with you then. ;P

@lamartheslayer:

Unless you're going to burn it all, I don't think even you could pull of a feat of this magnitude.

But hey anyone can show up. Just send me a PM or something and we can work something out.

@oraculi:

Sure, why not? I mean, it only has one bed and it's sorta of a small living space because of the appliances and what not so I'm not sure if I would recommend it. Why do you ask?

#8 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Oraculi (7315 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: (tbh because I'm looking for a living space for my character lol)

#11 Edited by DarkAngel_ (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Jay here

Great job on this!

#12 Posted by superion_prime (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi: Since Marie and Paragon both live in Metro City, why not move there? Get closer to them. *Winks* Hehe.

Just a thought.

#13 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio
@oraculi said:

@orb-weaver: (tbh because I'm looking for a living space for my character lol)

I wouldn't mind. If you want, we can discuss this over a PM. Your character gets the bed tho. I get the floor.

Or maybe I could set myself up a little web hammock.
Or maybe I could set myself up a little web hammock.

@darkangel_said:

Red Jay here

Great job on this!

Gracias, Red!

#14 Posted by BrennaLuther (47 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@brennaluther said:

@orb-weaver: Love the new avatar. ^_^

Thank you! Took a few tries but I finally got it to be something I liked.

#16 Edited by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

*Beep! Beep! Beep!

No Caption Provided

Sunnuva-! Why does it have to be a Godforsaken Monday?

Groaning as he converted himself from off his bed into a sitting position, Reginald Quinn rubbed his closed eyes before looking at the alarm clock. A slight sense of remorse overcame him. That was his third one this month. Reginald wasn't exactly a morning person, but he had been a bit on edge recently. Despite the fact he required less sleep than the average human and had nocturnal inclinations, he had been pushing it recently.

Nothing some good ol' eggs and ham can't fix. Maybe I'll throw some toast in.

Stretching all his limbs that were attached his body, Reginald got up and ready for another day of hard work. Turning on the stove and firing up the toaster, Reginald would prepare his morning feast while simultaneously preparing as many PB&J sandwiches he could stuff into his backpack before heading to work. His accelerated metabolic rate was rather unkind to him if he decided to skip out on a snack or two. After his little preparations, Reginald was back to cooking himself up something nice for breakfast.

Better double check and refill my web-spinners after I'm done eating.

A few moments later

Wearing a simple red beanie, in reality his mask folded up to resemble one, a clean, neat t-shirt alongside a blue hoodie and loose jeans to hide his superhuman physique, Reginald would be out the door of his apartment with his backpack strapped over his left shoulder. His right hand would close the door behind him before making sure his door was locked and secured by his signature webbing. How he managed that was a story for another time. Right now, he had to get to the forensics lab ASAP.

Adjusting his pair of glasses, he would turn right and make his way down the hall, considering his apartment sat at the end of it at the corner of the building. His typical routine was to take the stairs rather than the elevator when exiting to the lower floors before leaving the building.

Did I pack enough food today? Yeah, I think so. I've got some cash, so I can always buy something at the vending machine.

@benny_bunny

#17 Posted by Benny_Bunny (92 posts) - - Show Bio

The rose red Testarossa skirted bump of the underground parking garage, swiftly and sharply turning into his designated spot. Inside, Benny slammed on the steering wheel a few times, a cold sweat running down his face. "Funk funk funk!" He shouted, wiping the sweat off feverishly. The news of the Pig's return had been haunting him for hours now, having just drove back from his storage unit after another job well done.

No Caption Provided

It didn't matter, not right now anyway. The shooter looked over at his open duffel bag, filled with a few thousand in cash, Colombian blow, his Uzi's and his now clean bunny mask. The Pig wasn't his problem for now, and he chose to just be happy with the spoils of war instead.

Harshly zipping up the bag, he slung it over his shoulder and stepped out of the vintage sports car. It was a good thing he thought ahead and left a spare change of clothes at the storage unit, otherwise he'd have to somehow sneak into his apartment while stained with the blood of his most recent gang banging victims.

Waiting in the elevator, he aggressively sniffed and wiped off his nose, having sampled the Colombian's product multiple times throughout last night. His twitchy and aggressive posture snapped out of existence as the elevator dinged, now having a much more friendlier pop in his step.

Upon stepping out and turning the corner, he'd see his always peppy neighbor navigating the hall. He was a nice enough guy, always minding his own business. The only gripe that Benny probably had with him was how he too had a tendency to be up at all hours of the night. It made Benny's comings an goings a little too noticeable for his taste.

"Ahhh sh*t... What's his name again? Rory? Roy? Benji? Aaaaagh! Oh!"

"Hey! Reggie, sup man?" Benny gave him an upwards nod, leaning against both his duffel bag and the wall to properly conceal the blood stains on the dark fabric. The unmasked Bunny Shooter learned a long time ago, that one should always be friendly when their instincts tell them otherwise.

#18 Posted by Thief (724 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by wild cat (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, reading comprehension is just non existent for me today. Can I get a character to live in one of the rooms? Or are all other spaces occupied with NPC's?

#20 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat:

There are NPC's, but basically anyone can rent a room as long as he or she runs it by me first. Do you want to discuss this further in a PM?

#21 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey! Reggie, sup man?"

With his other hand grasped on both straps of his backpack, Reginald's right hand gripped the handle of the door leading to the stairs before he sensed the presence of another. The voice only confirmed whom Reggie guessed as to who was approaching him. Benny, one of the wall-crawling scientists many neighbors. Reginald could never forget a face or name, one of the benefits of having a perfect memory. It didn't surprise him too much that they would meet out in the hallway. Scratch that. With his sixth sense and little more than over a decade's worth of experience as Orb-Weaver, almost nothing surprised him nowadays.

"Huh? Oh." Reginald's head shifted to accommodate facing Benny while his body only did so slightly, still facing the stairway door for the most part.

"Sup, Benny. Been doing good. I was actually heading to work. How you've been?"

A quick lookover of Benny would reveal he was carrying a duffel bag along with his person. Reginald quirked an auburn eyebrow before continuing the conversation.

"You get off of work? Doing the night shift? Or are you back from hitting the gym or something?"

The only thing that caused Reginald to remark in such a way was the amount of sweat that covered Benny's face. That and the fact his sixth sense tipped him off that there was something that just wasn't just sitting well when it came to Benny, and it always gave Reggie a bad case of anxiety.

He's on edge. Maybe he's just had a stressful day or something.

@benny_bunny:

#22 Posted by Benny_Bunny (92 posts) - - Show Bio

"Huh. Nosy funker, aren't you?"

Benny gave a chuckle at Reggie's observations, never liking the feeling of being pried at. He looked down at his bag, giving it a light shake before looking back at his neighbor.

"You know it, man. Working those crappy graveyard shifts? Got to still get a pump in anytime I can, know what I mean?"

His words flowed like any experienced liar, speaking in such a sincere way that even Benny was convincing himself of the deception. The unmasked Shooter turned it back onto Reggie. "You would know what I mean! You're always runnin' in and out of here as much as I am." Benny snapped his fingers a few times, pondering with a grin on his face. "What was it you did again? Could have sworn you mentioned it once or twice?"

As he started throwing questions at Reggie, he started slowly waltzing away from the neighbor until there was a sizable gap now between them.

#23 Edited by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@benny_bunny:

"You know it, man. Working those crappy graveyard shifts? Got to still get a pump in anytime I can, know what I mean?"

“Yeah. I here ya’,” Reggie smiled, chuckling as he shook his head in humor.

Something isn't right. Why is my sixth sense acting up even more?

"You would know what I mean! You're always runnin' in and out of here as much as I am."

Reginald's mind snapped back to reality as Benny posed the alarming statement before the wall-crawler. The forensic scientist should've used the window more often this month for his little arachnid escapades. He knew someone was bound to catch on to his comings and goings through the front door. Still, he didn't want any sort of pedestrian looking up and noticing Orb-Weaver crawling out of an apartment window. That would have the tendency to raise all sorts of questions and commotion.

As Benny continued the conversation, Reginald would feign surprise slightly, raising both eyebrows and peering his head forward a fraction before shrugging his shoulders.

"What was it you did again? Could have sworn you mentioned it once or twice?"

"Forensics. Sometimes I get called on short notice out of the blue to a scene or to process something meta-related. Sucks but someone has to do it."

As the space between them became more apparent, Reginald decided this was his cue to leave. No point in sticking around any longer now as it appeared both of them had places to go and stuff to do.

"Well, see ya' around, man. I better get going or I'm going to be late. Have a good one!" Reginald smiled and quickly waved goodbye.

Opening the door and heading down the stairs, the young scientist didn't quite know what to make out of the conversation between them. Benny looked like a decent guy, but his sixth sense wouldn't let up when it came to him.

Seems like a problem for Orb-Weaver.

For now though, Reginald had to focus on getting to his job on time and hoping nothing would get in the way of that goal. The thing is he knew better than that.

And that's my conclusion post. Hope you enjoyed that little interaction. =)

#24 Edited by Nathan_Daly (210 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Nathan_Daly (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@orb-weaver: ur bio literally uses the same hypertext as mine

i am flattered really

#27 Edited by Orb-Weaver (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathan_daly said:

@orb-weaver: ur bio literally uses the same hypertext as mine

i am flattered really

Hyper what? The header stuff? I just borrowed layout elements from several different bios of several different accounts into one layout design that I personally liked. I could name a few that I remember.

Well, we all know that all saying.

I apologize if taking a bit of inspiration here and there is bad or something. Honest. Sue me. Take my money. Stone me. Crucify me. lol.

#28 Posted by KonTheSuperDog (55 posts) - - Show Bio

*Goes Turner and Hootch on the place. Kidding.* :P