ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ParagonxXx

Hello everyone!

It has come to the CoE's attention that @shield-maiden wants to use the Greek Mythology in an RP she wants to have. However, the Greek Mythology is an open concept. Meaning, anyone can come along and use this concept as well (same with all the Pantheon gods).

Shield-Maiden's idea is basically to use the Greek Pantheon, but she has no intention of killing these gods but only to use them since they don't like her character very much. Well, some of them anyway. So, Shield-Maiden will post what she has so far in this RP (see post #4) and I'm going to let anyone discuss things here if there are any problems with this. If so, we can work them out. If not, then please give this awesome person, and role-player, a thumbs up, would ya? Shield-Maiden has put a lot of hard work into this and how she's using the Greek Pantheon is just for the sake of fun and to give a background on why this is happening to her character.

If your not clear on some things, please ask either me, @rosso and/or @nordok

Mr_Warthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Look forward to seeing what she does.

Hank_Galloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m good here. It would be great to see a Wonder Woman-like character take on Greek mythology again.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here you go, guys. This is still being worked on, so please ignore the parts that I haven't got to like Poseidon's throne (Still thinking how I want his throne to look like).

Seated on twelve unique thrones that formed a U-shape around the Council Hall, were seated the twelve most important gods and goddesses of Greece, called the Olympians. Everyone still believed that the Olympians still operated on Thessaly, the highest mountain in Greece, but that was far from the truth. Zeus; King of the Gods, Ruler of Olympus, God of the Sky, Heavens, and Lightning, watched over for centuries as mankind evolved from mere mortals to powerful beings with unimaginable abilities. Seeing this as a threat to his rule and all of Olympus, Zeus commissioned Athena and Hephaestus to come up with a brilliant plan to move Mount Olympus from Thessaly to random locations across the globe without mankind actually knowing. Zeus did all this out of intense fear that these powerful beings would overthrow him eventually and seek Mount Olympus for themselves. Mount Olympus has now moved from Thessaly, the United Kingdom, France, Israel, United States, and now back to Greece on Mount Othrys. Mount Othrys in Greek Mythology, served as the base for the Titans during the Titanomachy War, but Zeus had returned to the infamous mountain and turned the base of his old adversaries into his new domain in order to deceive mankind into believing they were still truly on Thessaly.

In the Council Hall, the Olympians met at times to discuss mortal affairs; such as when the Gods intervened in the battle between the Trojans and Greeks or the time when Bellerophone allowed his pride to get the better of him when he decided to ride the Pegasus to Mount Olympus. The interior walls of the Council Hall were completely made of Elysium Bronze, a one of a kind, special metal made by Hephaestus and the Hecatoncheires during the Cold War between the Norse Pantheon and Mount Olympus. The floor of the Council Hall was made out of marble, but this type of marble was unique as it had a golden texture to it; emitting a faint golden glow like it was touched by King Midas himself. On each side of the walls hung old-fashioned torches that burned Greek Fire, an actual weapon used by the Byzantine Empire and Constantinople. The thrones of each Olympian God that sat on the council were all beautifully unique and set apart from each other. Zeus' throne was literally fashioned out of Fulgurite, with a large engraving of a lightning bolt on the splat. Poseidon's throne. Hera's throne was made out of ivory and covered with peacock feathers, which represented her sacred animal. Demeter used her god-like powers to create a throne intertwined with branches covered with all different types of flowers. Ares' throne was made of brass, but surrounding his throne laid the scattered bones of all his victims from different conflicts around the world. Apollo sat on a gold throne with prophetic inscriptions carved into the seat, the back support of the throne was shaped like a lyre, and a golden sundisk with twenty-one rays shaped like arrows. Athena's throne was just made out of plain white marble, but on her right shoulder stood her new owl, Bubo. Aphrodite had a heart-shaped throne that radiated pink and red; clearly indicating that she was the Goddess of Love. Artemis sat on a throne covered in wolf fur with the head of a wolf replacing both knobs on the seat. Hephaestus crafted his own throne out of Elysium Bronze and the throne itself was a secret weapon that has yet to be tested. Hermes sat on a leather throne actually shaped like an ancient Greek sandal; the throne itself was appropriate due to the fact that Hermes was always on the move. Lastly, Hestia's throne was simply made out of wood as she was the Goddess of the Hearth, Home, and Family.

The Gods of Olympus had already gathered in the Council Room, each sitting on their unique thrones as they patiently waited for Zeus. The Council Room was so abnormally quiet that you can hear the cold winds of the heavens blow down the great hall, which was not normal as the Olympian Gods were always bickering. "Seeing as my brother does not truly take this matter seriously, I shall return to Atl-" Before Poseidon could complete his sentence, a sound of rolling thunder could be heard from outside, and in a flash a lightning bolt struck the front of Zeus' throne, revealing a tall, muscular man, with long white shoulder-length hair, and a trimmed white beard. "Forgive me for the delay, I was paying father a visit." Zeus said, staring down at his brother with authority in his white eyes, reminding him who was the Ruler of Olympus. The Gods of Olympus have been around for thousands of years and never before in their history has the Olympians been this divided over a situation. Poseidon glanced at his brother, his face not fazed by the fact that his younger brother was attempting to flex his authority over him. "Go on Lord, Zeus." The Sea God mocked, nodding his head for his younger brother to begin the meeting. Zeus grit his teeth and turned his head away from his older brother, now looking down at his family with his cloud-like eyes. "My brothers and sisters, I call upon you all to discuss a new threat that seeks to destroy everything we have wrought. The girl, Helena Troy, she is a plague that must be wiped from the face of the earth. How long must we tolerate her? How long must we continue to watch her as she continues her quest before we find ourselves in the depths of Tartarus? We must put aside our petty grievances once more and pour the wrath of Olympus on this abomination before she leads us to ruin. Now, what are your solutions to this problem?" Zeus asked as he finally took a seat on his throne, stroking his white beard as he waited for someone to speak up.

Poseidon

"Why should we even concern ourselves with the girl? She clearly believes she is only mortal and it'll stay that way if we reach out to our neighbors from the North."Poseidon spoke first, revealing that he did not want the girl to be harmed. "Who I think we should focus our attention on is the woman who gave birth to the girl." Poseidon turned his head to Athena with a scorn look on his face.

Athena

"Uncle, I am stunned by your stance over my daughter, I thank you, but keep our rivalry out of this for the sake of Olympus." Athena objected in a calm tone. For many eons, Athena and Poseidon have had a rivalry between them, but being the Goddess of Wisdom, she knew if she wanted to keep his support for her daughter, she had to choose her words carefully.

Hera

"Poseidon, I find it quite interesting that you oppose your brother in this matter. One could only assume that you might be trying to overthrow him." Hera pointed out with a large smirk across her face. Hera has been yearning for a conflict between Zeus and Poseidon; she was done mercilessly persecuting Zeus' mistresses and illegitimate children while Zeus faced no consequences for his unfaithfulness, so she plotted to turn the two most powerful Olympian Gods against one another simply for wanting to punish her husband.

Poseidon

"Watch your tongue, Hera!" He rose from his throne and shouted at the Queen of Olympus, ignoring his niece's reply.

Apollo

"Father, I do not believe the girl is a threat, I think you all should trust me and allow fate to take it's course. "Apollo quickly suggested before Hera or Zeus could reply to Poseidon's outburst. As the God of Prophecy and Foresight, Apollo had already seen the future of Helena Troy, but he was unable to tell his fellow Olympians due to the fact that the information could only be spoken through his Oracles who have been missing for quite awhile.

Hestia

"You must be mad if you think we are just going to blindly trust you, Apollo. Are you aware that we might lose our only home or has your arrogance blinded you once more?" Shescolded the Sun God. Hestia was usually gentle and a good-natured goddess, but that all seemed to change ever since Helena Troy was discovered.

Apollo

"Must I remind you that I am also the God of Knowledge and Prophecy, Hestia? I am more than qualified to say trust me unlike yourself who only tends to a hearth!" Apollo smirked, blinding the goddess with his smile that emitted a bright light.

Artemis

"Apollo is right, father. Allow the girl to swear loyalty to me, so she can join the hunt." Artemis pleaded as she had grown to like this Helena Troy after personally watching over her in secret.

Demeter

"Quite strange for you to agree with a man, Artemis. Tell me, have you ever been digested by your own father? Well, I have! I say we act before all is lost." Demeter said as she turned her head toward Zeus, reminding him of their childhood with fear in her eyes.

Artemis

"Tell me, Demeter, have you ever had an arrow pierce through your mouth?" Artemis snapped, leaning from her throne to coldly stare at the Harvest Goddess.

Aphrodite

"Why must we desire malice? Allow the girl to fall in love with a handsome man.....or woman." Aphrodite giggled while twirling her finger through her hair.

Hephaestus

"She can be the death of us all, my sweet Aphrodite. If we become nothing then who will take care of my inventions?" Hephaestus asked, the fear of losing all his work plagued his mind.

Aphrodite

"A typical response from a man that puts his faith in machines over human beings" She said, rolling her eyes at her husband who she really didn't love at all.

Hermes

"Why don't you allow me to bring her to Olympus, father? Surely, we can settle this without having to harm an innocent girl." Hermes asked his father with sincerity in his voice. The messenger god was nothing like his divine family, he always had a greater understanding of mortals and demigods especially those who were punished by his family for no good reason.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank_Galloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: This is great! I like the whole council of gods concept. Shows how serious of a threat Helena to the eyes of the Greek gods. I can see so many great stories coming from this, keep it up!

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thumbs up. Glad to see the Greek gods get some play.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: I love it! I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and am happy to see someone breath life back into them <3

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: This is awesome. You did great work!

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: @dwronin: @mister_surreal: @hank_galloway: Thank you, guys! I really appreciate the support and love. I am not done with the post and I am actually working on it right now. The post will explain why the Olympians see Helena as a threat and it's not what you guys expect.

Ran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sorta use Athena as my character's driving motivation by way of 'Minerva', but I can write around all of this. Perhaps revealing that The Quiet Man does so much in the name of a very false god will be a great angle to play with somewhere down the line.

So no complaints from me, this seems cool

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ran: Thanks, Ran! Your awesome! ^_^

Avatar image for adriana_huntington
Adriana_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm, I like this.

Wanna take a more thorough read of it since I have something tied into one of the Greek gods.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for adriana_huntington
Adriana_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriana_huntington: Thank you! :D

Remember guys, I have no intention of killing any mythological character as that would be unfair for you all and hurt me writing wise.

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of my characters have any ties to Greek Gods so I'm good! Good luck with what your doing with the Greek Gods! :D

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: This is awesome. I would like to see more.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr: Thank you and you will if no one raises an issue with it. ^_^

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-634b06cb9c4de
deactivated-634b06cb9c4de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: I'd post images myself, but I'm afraid getting auto banned with my new account.

It's happened before. 0.0

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxinemaxima: Yeah I understand. The banbot is more trigger happy than the Punisher.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Totally agreed. I take a huge risk with edits too. But once I get my post count up to at least, 20, I think I am safe. At least, I've never had a problem before when I reach at least 20 posts. Before that, though? Well, let's just say I had to ask several favors from Feral Nova to help me out. Tehehe.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxinemaxima: Yeah I think you should be okay after twenty posts.

I remember the first time I got banned by the banbot and I was like-

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ParagonxXx

Tomorrow is the last day for any objections to be raised and discussed, so I am bumping this thread in case anyone has anyone has any problems.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: I'm considering this a closed matter since no one has raised any issues. You are hereby APPROVED and free to proceed. ^_^

No Caption Provided

Here is my seal.

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations
Congratulations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She better be...! Angeni is basically the architect for Greek Mythology on CV.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shield-maiden

@animus_: Aw! That literally touched my heart honestly. I personally don’t see it but thank you so much that really meant the world to me ❤️.

@hawkshade: Thank you ?

@mister_surreal: Yes! I can’t wait for you guys to see my post! I made a lot of changes with the dialogue, described some extra details, and fixed the errors I made ?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats! Look forward to seeing what you do.

But "false gods" best keep a low profile, lest the Destructor stir...

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nordok  Moderator
shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: @rosso: But....I’m also one of you guys D: *hears the order 66 theme song* T_T

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting concept. Can't wait to see where it leads.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is dope! Alot of work too I see. Fantastic job