Ancient Egypt: CVaU Empire (NPC Control)

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolarHawk
No Caption Provided

Egypt:

Egypt is one of the centers of the Mediterranean world, it is a hub of trade between regional powers and maintains the largest library in the world. The nation itself has a rich cultural heritage and a tradition of farming dating back many thousands of years. The mortal Pharos rule over the kingdom and have done so (with periods of chaos in between) for more than a thousand years. To come to Egypt is to come to one of the richest, most powerful and most cultured nations in the world...it is also to enter a world unlike any other for Egypt has another feature most nations do not...mystical Thanagar, home of the Hawk Lord Legions and the Sun God Amuna-Ra. The Hawk Lords are usually seen running errands and acting as body guards for the Pharoh and are rarely seen in full gear or marching to war, for their job is to protect the citizens and royalty of Egypt but they do not act to defend her borders against aggressive neighbors (of which there are plenty) and have more than once stood by while Pharohs were replaced with foreign kings so long as those kings did not put their foot on the neck of Egyptians or threaten the Gods themselves.

The following is a brief history of the region:

ARCHAIC (EARLY DYNASTIC) PERIOD (C. 3100-2686 B.C.)

King Menes founded the capital of ancient Egypt at White Walls (later known as Memphis), in the north, near the apex of the Nile River delta. The capital would grow into a great metropolis that dominated Egyptian society during the Old Kingdom period. The Archaic Period saw the development of the foundations of Egyptian society, including the all-important ideology of kingship. To the ancient Egyptians, the king was a godlike being, closely identified with the all-powerful god Horus. The earliest known hieroglyphic writing also dates to this period.

In the Archaic Period, as in all other periods, most ancient Egyptians were farmers living in small villages, and agriculture (largely wheat and barley) formed the economic base of the Egyptian state. The annual flooding of the great Nile River provided the necessary irrigation and fertilization each year; farmers sowed the wheat after the flooding receded and harvested it before the season of high temperatures and drought returned.

OLD KINGDOM: AGE OF THE PYRAMID BUILDERS (C. 2686-2181 B.C.)

The Old Kingdom began with the third dynasty of pharaohs. Around 2630 B.C., the third dynasty’s King Djoser asked Imhotep, an architect, priest and healer, to design a funerary monument for him; the result was the world’s first major stone building, the Step-Pyramid at Saqqara, near Memphis. Pyramid-building reached its zenith with the construction of the Great Pyramid at Giza, on the outskirts of Cairo. Built for Khufu (or Cheops, in Greek), who ruled from 2589 to 2566 B.C., the pyramid was later named by classical historians as one of the ancient world’s Seven Wonders. Two other pyramids were built at Giza for Khufu’s successors Khafra (2558-2532 B.C) and Menkaura (2532-2503 B.C.).

It is in this period that Amuna-Ra established Thanagar and created the first Hawk Lord, the warrior general known as Solar Hawk. Solar Hawk remains a favorite of Egyptians much later in Egypt's history and has more than once deposed a cruel Pharoh at the behest of her god and the cries of the people. Solar Hawk is the unquestioned leader of the Legions of Thanagar and often stands at the right hand of Amun-Ra when visitors are present.

During the third and fourth dynasties, Egypt enjoyed a golden age of peace and prosperity. The pharaohs held absolute power and provided a stable central government; the kingdom faced no serious threats from abroad; and successful military campaigns in foreign countries like Nubia and Libya added to its considerable economic prosperity. Over the course of the fifth and sixth dynasties, the king’s wealth was steadily depleted, partially due to the huge expense of pyramid-building, and his absolute power faltered in the face of the growing influence of the nobility and the priesthood that grew up around the sun god Ra (Re). After the death of the sixth dynasty’s King Pepy II, who ruled for some 94 years, the Old Kingdom period ended in chaos.

FIRST INTERMEDIATE PERIOD (C. 2181-2055 B.C.)

On the heels of the Old Kingdom’s collapse, the seventh and eighth dynasties consisted of a rapid succession of Memphis-based rulers until about 2160 B.C., when the central authority completely dissolved, leading to civil war between provincial governors. This chaotic situation was intensified by Bedouin invasions and accompanied by famine and disease.

From this era of conflict emerged two different kingdoms: A line of 17 rulers (dynasties nine and 10) based in Heracleopolis ruled Middle Egypt between Memphis and Thebes, while another family of rulers arose in Thebes to challenge Heracleopolitan power. Around 2055 B.C., the Theban prince Mentuhotep managed to topple Heracleopolis and reunited Egypt, beginning the 11th dynasty and ending the First Intermediate Period. Mentuhotep was crowned by Solar Hawk shortly after his military victory, signifying the approval of the Gods.

MIDDLE KINGDOM: 12TH DYNASTY (C. 2055-1786 B.C.)

After the last ruler of the 11th dynasty, Mentuhotep IV, was assassinated, the throne passed to his vizier, or chief minister, who became King Amenemhet I, founder of dynasty 12. A new capital was established at It-towy, south of Memphis, while Thebes remained a great religious center. During the Middle Kingdom, Egypt once again flourished, as it had during the Old Kingdom. The 12th dynasty kings ensured the smooth succession of their line by making each successor co-regent, a custom that began with Amenemhet I.

Middle-Kingdom Egypt pursued an aggressive foreign policy, colonizing Nubia (with its rich supply of gold, ebony, ivory and other resources) and repelling the Bedouins who had infiltrated Egypt during the First Intermediate Period. The kingdom also built diplomatic and trade relations with Syria, Palestine and other countries; undertook building projects including military fortresses and mining quarries; and returned to pyramid-building in the tradition of the Old Kingdom. The Middle Kingdom reached its peak under Amenemhet III (1842-1797 B.C.); its decline began under Amenenhet IV (1798-1790 B.C.) and continued under his sister and regent, Queen Sobekneferu (1789-1786 B.C.), who was the first confirmed female ruler of Egypt and the last ruler of the 12th dynasty.

SECOND INTERMEDIATE PERIOD (C. 1786-1567 B.C.)

The 13th dynasty marked the beginning of another unsettled period in Egyptian history, during which a rapid succession of kings failed to consolidate power. As a consequence, during the Second Intermediate Period Egypt was divided into several spheres of influence. The official royal court and seat of government was relocated to Thebes, while a rival dynasty (the 14th), centered on the city of Xois in the Nile delta, seems to have existed at the same time as the 13th.

Around 1650 B.C., a line of foreign rulers known as the Hyksos took advantage of Egypt’s instability to take control. The Hyksos rulers of the 15th dynasty adopted and continued many of the existing Egyptian traditions in government as well as culture. They ruled concurrently with the line of native Theban rulers of the 17th dynasty, who retained control over most of southern Egypt despite having to pay taxes to the Hyksos. (The 16th dynasty is variously believed to be Theban or Hyksos rulers.) Conflict eventually flared between the two groups, and the Thebans launched a war against the Hyksos around 1570 B.C.. The Hyksos were horribly cruel to the Egyptians they ruled over and when the Thebans finally marched on the Hyksos armies, the Hawk Lords marched with them driving them out of Egypt. The Hawk Lords tracked down every last member of the Hyksos leadership and executed them, leaving their bodies to dry in the sands of Egypt.

NEW KINGDOM (C. 1567-1085 B.C.)

Under Ahmose I, the first king of the 18th dynasty, Egypt was once again reunited. During the 18th dynasty, Egypt restored its control over Nubia and began military campaigns in Palestine, clashing with other powers in the area such as the Mitannians and the Hittites. The country went on to establish the world’s first great empire, stretching from Nubia to the Euphrates River in Asia. In addition to powerful kings such as Amenhotep I (1546-1526 B.C.), Thutmose I (1525-1512 B.C.) and Amenhotep III (1417-1379 B.C.), the New Kingdom was notable for the role of royal women such as Queen Hatshepsut (1503-1482 B.C.), who began ruling as a regent for her young stepson (he later became Thutmose III, Egypt’s greatest military hero), but rose to wield all the powers of a pharaoh.

The controversial Amenhotep IV (c. 1379-1362), of the late 18th dynasty, undertook a religious revolution, disbanding the priesthoods dedicated to Amon-Re and forcing the exclusive worship of another sun-god, Aton. The Hawk Lords and Ra were furious with these changes and promptly pulled their guardianship role over the Pharaoh and his family. Amun-Ra proclaimed Amenhotep a Heretic and fumed in Thanagar for many years without acting. Egypt suffered without his guidance as the other gods also turned their backs on Egypt and the crops waned. Renaming himself Akhenaton (“servant of the Aton”), he built a new capital in Middle Egypt called Akhetaton, known later as Amarna. During this time Amun-Ra was not silent, he crafted for himself a new Hawk Lord who would represent the building rage of the people under a heretical ruler. She was given Solar Hawk's appearance and memories but her personality was tempered like good quality steel. Once she was of age the new Hawk Lord was named Luna Hawk and put in place as Amun-Ra's Assassin. She was sent to confront Akhenaton when she was 16 and burned his house to the ground with Akhenaton locked inside. Upon Akhenaton’s death, the capital returned to Thebes and Egyptians returned to worshiping a multitude of gods. The 19th and 20th dynasties, known as the Ramesside period (for the line of kings named Ramses) saw the restoration of the weakened Egyptian empire and an impressive amount of building, including great temples and cities.

All of the New Kingdom rulers (with the exception of Akhenaton who's charred body was cast into the sea) were laid to rest in deep, rock-cut tombs (not pyramids) in the Valley of the Kings, a burial site on the west bank of the Nile opposite Thebes. These tombs, like all the great tombs of the Egyptian Pharohs, are guarded by Hawk Lords. The current Pharoh is Ramses III and enjoys great popularity among the people and great support among the Hawk Lords. Luna Hawk serves at his right side and as his wife, a gift from Amun-Ra.

-------------------------

OOC:

I'll be making some specific locations within Egypt later on. Please feel free to come and visit any part of Egypt and I'll drop an interaction your way. Also feel free to write your own locations within Egypt.

Finally, a thanks to the History Channel website for their easy to use information on Ancient Egypt's history. I will be honest and say I took much of the history from there and inserted my own modifications to fit the setting. I figured there was no reason for me to spend hours and hours writing it all out when it already existed.

Finally, no major destruction without permission please. Egypt is ruled by the NPC Ramses III.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, quite interesting. I have an urge to send someone here now.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*kills it*

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A certain Wild quietly and calmly approached Thanagar. He looked around at everything. His face showed something between awe and almost boredom. He stopped a bit outside of it and continued to look for a moment.

Zane Tishenin walked confidently around it examining it and those in it. After three times around he sat crosslegged outside it for a few moments. Then he stood up and began to walk in watching everyone around with what looked like a death glare before moving it on to others or something else.

'An interesting place. I wonder if I shall make the acquaintance of one of the Hawk Lords. That would be an interesting meeting I think. More so if I attract attention instead of actually attempting to make communication with one.

And then the supposed gods as well. It never ceases to amuse me that everyone is calling people gods, and plenty calling themselves such, when many of them could be taken down by more powerful individuals who do not call themselves gods. Such pride in this world.

Nevertheless, I see some of the reasons they believe themselves to be gods. There are plenty of religions in which plenty of gods could be killed or beaten even by humans.'

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant lie, saw this CvaU thing this morning and thought it sounded interesting. Great location too.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I see, I see...interesting.....I see, I think so; I do, I do believe.....I'll be watching, waiting, wondering...

d^_^b

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin said:

A certain Wild quietly and calmly approached Thanagar. He looked around at everything. His face showed something between awe and almost boredom. He stopped a bit outside of it and continued to look for a moment.

Zane Tishenin walked confidently around it examining it and those in it. After three times around he sat crosslegged outside it for a few moments. Then he stood up and began to walk in watching everyone around with what looked like a death glare before moving it on to others or something else.

'An interesting place. I wonder if I shall make the acquaintance of one of the Hawk Lords. That would be an interesting meeting I think. More so if I attract attention instead of actually attempting to make communication with one.

And then the supposed gods as well. It never ceases to amuse me that everyone is calling people gods, and plenty calling themselves such, when many of them could be taken down by more powerful individuals who do not call themselves gods. Such pride in this world.

Nevertheless, I see some of the reasons they believe themselves to be gods. There are plenty of religions in which plenty of gods could be killed or beaten even by humans.'

In Thanagar's golden age most of the people in it were actually mortal, the Hawk Lords generally stayed only so long as they weren't traveling elsewhere to deal with the other gods or run interference for Amun-Ra. The glorious city of the Sun God was bustling and as busy as ever. A few Hawk Lords mingled with mortals and others of their own kind while busy mortals went about their lives, maintaining the city and learning some of the most important Egyptian arts and sciences at the feet of the god-made warriors.

No Caption Provided

Eventually a male Hawk Lord, completely covered in his Nth Metal armor and on his way to a ceremonial engagement with others of Egypt's gods gave pause to examine the new arrival who was clearly not Egyptian. The tall warrior's armor gleamed in the brilliant and overbearing sun with one hand resting briefly on his mace.

No Caption Provided

"Excuse me." He said, his voice deep and somber. "I have business to attend to, but I will see that someone comes to speak with you shortly. What is your business here in Thanagar stranger?"

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"Greetings," Zane said as the Hawk Lord came closer.

"I'm here to examine, and, should the circumstance permit. Perhaps make a sort of ally. I am Zane Tishenin." He anawered.

'Ahh, a hawk lord did come. Interesting isn't it, and somewhat glorious in a way. Such a shame they couldn't be used for something greater. I wonder how an individual would defeat one of these things more permenently. Cryofreeze perhaps, keep them alive but unable to fight back. Heh! It's a good thing no one can read my thoughts without my knowing, I'd have been killed by now.'

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

The Hawk Lord nodded. "I will send for Solar Hawk. Wait here." He said and then took flight again.

Eventually Solar Hawk did arrive, landing neatly on her feet just out of arm's reach. She wore none of the ceremonial armor worn by the other one though her helmet and mace did gleam a bit in the overbearing sun of Egypt.

No Caption Provided

"I was told you're here for business?" Solar Hawk, General of Thanagar's Legions and First of the Hawk Lords asked. She folded her wings on her back, her eyes concealed behind the armored lenses of her helmet. The eldest Hawk Lord stood with one hand near her mace but the other was relaxed at her side. She smiled a bit, the blazing aura of the sun behind her. "You'll forgive Amun-Ra, I hope, he is quite busy right now."

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

'Hmm, fast. Effecient.' He thought examining her without actually moving his eyes.

He shrugged, "I wouldn't expect someone who is called a god to come see a random individual. Not to mention it could have all been a trap, it's not of course. But it could have been."

"Yes, I've always been on the lookout for possible allies and it's conceivable that ya'll might be quite useful in that. Considering Hawk Lords are immortal for instance. Then I can have someone to rely on more permanently," He explained, "Of course alliances should work both ways. Although I may not look it, I do have much power. More than I wish sometimes. "

He watched her waiting for a reply. His eyes remained locked on her face, which was partially covered, and he began thinking about what would happen if he was turned down by the suggestion. Or if he was challenged, or if it was simply a yes.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

"Come then and let us speak." She said and gestured for him to walk through the huge streets of Thanagar with her. "You speak of alliances, what do you have in mind? What do you need and what can you offer? I must confess I know little about you while the facts about myself and the Hawk Lords are easy enough to attain. Thanagar is always interested in diplomatic relations...though few of us are very diplomatic." She grinned and tapped her mace with her hand. "Amun-Ra seeks to bring peace and order to our region of the world and so too does Pharoh. So what do you seek?"

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"I need peace and order, people I can trust, and call on if need be." Zane answered, "What can I offer? Many things technically. My assstance in battle, be as a strategist or a warrior. I'm rather ahead in technology and science. I have other contacts, contacts who can turn quite useful. But I prefer not to call on them. "

He realized he hadn't explained much about himself, "I may have mislead your fellow Hawk Lord on my name. It isn't just Zane Tishenin. I have many names. I can go anywhere and be who I choose. I am what is known as a Wild, an immortal for one thing. The closest thing we are like is asgardians. Although, we're a good deal better at intelligent and mystical dealings. And then of course there's my gifts, I suppose is the right word, that come from being a Wild. I'd show you some but here I might kill people or damage property for the more dangerous ones."

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

Solar Hawk considered his words, balancing them carefully with the needs of Thanagar, Egypt and Amun-Ra. Hm...could be useful, he says all the right things anyway but I don't know much about him. I could have someone look into his past, that's probably the best route."Nothing happens terribly fast here right now." She cautioned him. "But I will say I am open to hearing your proposal until we know more about each other. You don't have to show me your gifts now, I trust that you have them and I will learn more about them later."

Solar Hawk smiled a bit. "Tell me about this peace and order you seek. As you know, it's one of the founding principles of Egypt herself, though it has periods where it breaks down into violence and oppression."

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

He noticed the smile and realized he didn't do that much. Not that he was sad. There was just not much to smile about. Nevertheless he returned a quick smile for social purposes.

"For one thing hierarchy, but it's not like I can do much about that part without becoming a tyrant. I have no followers, nor would I. And I most certainly don't have the resolve to lead for long periods of time. But people lack order, they don't have a goal. They just live, and nothing else. Egypt does well. It is ordered and peacful enough" He began explaining, "I want that, though not the same of course, but for the rest of the world. When I spot trouble I do my best to stop it, and sometimes that's not enough. I want people to live together, but not the same. One kind of cell does not make an entire body, excluding single celled organisms of course."

He shook his head, "I'm not sure if it's coming out clearly. Peace is not just no war. And order isn't just a town being organized. They're something more."

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to propose a meeting of Jackal and Hawk, would that be okay?

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

"Hm..." It was clear his comments about cells eluded the lower sciences of the aU world but Solar Hawk thought she basically got the point he was making. "Well...bringing order to the rest of the world would be very difficult and even with a million Hawk Lords it would take a great deal of effort...and I can tell you Amun-Ra has no interest in forcefully securing the world." She considered him for a moment. "Perhaps if you could lay out your desires with fewer...foreign words." It wasn't that Solar Hawk was unintelligent, it was a simple lack of education. Most of the aU world had yet to develop the concept of cellular organisms.

--------------------

@black_jackal

Of course =). I replied to your PM.

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"Right, let's see..." Zane said thinking, "I don't intend to conquer the world, or have it conquered. I want to help order out each country as it is, if it works. When I find something I can't handle myself or with those who are already helping I will try and call upon egypt for assistance. I find threats to someones life or well being, and I try and stop them. Peacfully if possible but force can be neccesary."

'I really need to remember that I'm so far ahead. Nobody is going to know what in the world I'm talking about.' He thought.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

"Ah I see what you're saying." Solar Hawk said now that he'd put it into words that made more sense in this environment. "I think that would be acceptable, we want to help when and how we can, that's why there are so many of us. Amun-Ra envisions a time when the Hawk Lords don't just help Egypt but other places in the world as well."

Vai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

This is CvaU (CV Ancient) so it shouldn't impact anything you plan on doing. Thanagar in CVnU is just the one city in the desert.

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"Well, I hope that time can come soon. The world could always use more help." Zane commented.

He forrowed his brow in thought, "If Hawk Lords can't actually die. What exactly would happen, if one...well, had a child. That's a strange question I know, but a serious one. Wouldn't the numbers increase indefinitely?" He was clearly uncomfortable asking it, but he felt it had to be asked.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

"Well, we can only have children with permission from Amun-Ra, it would be impossible to have an unsanctioned birth so he is able to keep the population at the precise numbers that he wishes." She said. "There has not been a natural Hawk Lord birth in several hundred years."

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"Several hundred?" Zane repeated in just a little surprise, "That's quite a long time. I suppose I kind of expected it, but it is still just a bit surprising."

He thought about it for a while, "So, you know all I ask is for allies. I just need to know I have people to find should a disastor occur. But what in return? I did suggest my own physical assistance and my intellect and knowledge, but is there something specific that I might be useful for?"

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tishenin:

Solar Hawk considered his offer for a moment and shook her head. "I think Amun-Ra will come up with something as or when he needs it. In the mean time, I have confidence that he will have no problem at all with your proposal. You and He have the same end goals in mind, a peaceful world without the chaos of the modern era."

tishenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

Zane nodded satisfied, "Well then, I guess that's all I came here for." He said looking around at the people and things. It was interesting to think that just the right circumstances could make one of these people a hero, or a villain.

(I have two questions:

I assume there are other Ancient Univers places, if so, do you know where I can find them please?

And does the AU effect anywhere else at all? That could have positive or negative effects depending on the situation.)

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolarHawk

@tishenin:

(Sorry for the delay. Well right now the aU is pretty sparse, I have this location and Ancient Gothic (I know that's not historically correct, eventually it will make sense as I allude to more things in the other locations) but I have plans for more. I was hoping to get more of a response from people so I've taken my time a bit and worked on some other projects before I do my next aU location. I'm up for suggestions if you have a location you'd like to see get the aU treatment. aU, like bU, is an alternate timeline so it won't have an impact on the nU...but aU and nU characters can always travel between worlds. I'm hoping to eventually develop a means for this to happen more often. I consider what happens in each universe to be canon in that universe and my ultimate goal is to fully flesh out the CV multiverse.)

owl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk: (This is tishenin.

No problem.

Hmm. Interesting! I think it could be cool to add perhaps places like Greece, Rome, Africa, etc (Those especially), and now I want an italy too because I remembered Owl is an Italian. I'd help, but I both have little knowledge of the AU, the authority to do it, or the ability to even post images. Soo, yeah.

I really like these extra CV universes though. It adds a lot to the fun.

Aaaandd if I wanted to I make Owl time/dimension travel to it. That would be fun!)

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mth_

Solar Hawk landed in the Valley of the Kings. She was, as ever, a bit creeped out by the place. Death held little meaning for the Hawk Lords and to see humans place such emphasis on it...and to feel the eyes of the Jackal Lords on her as she passed through the valley, were both somewhat disturbing. Hawk Lords and Jackal lords weren't natural enemies, but they tended to be suspicious of one another, particularly when one was in the territory of the other.

No Caption Provided

As the leader of the Hawk Lords, Solar Hawk was difficult to miss. She bore something of the sun god's anger like a halo and carried herself with a warrior's arrogance. Her mace bounced against her hip as she walked, her eyes and ears ever on alert, one never knew if the Jackal Lords might get the wrong idea. She passed her way through the entrance of one of the tombs, seeking her way to the lower level where the body of Ramses II was buried.

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

Khalfani Asim was watching over the tomb of Ramses II when his tall, fur covered ears perked up. Something was happening in the levels above him. "Finally." The thought was all that passed through the Jackal's mind as he rose from the floor to his feet. Raising his snout as he walked to the entrance, he breathed in the smells of the caverns and tunnels wherein lay a fallen king, a king who he had been dutifully watching for days. "A Hawk. This could be interesting." Kal muttered under his breath, accompanied by a growl that was certainly aggressive but bordered on playful excitement. The jackal followed the scent to its source, an arrogant Hawk Lord. "Hawk!" the crypt keeper called out to the intruder from a few feet away. "What brings you here?" The Jackal had spoken the lines expected of him. Now he took the time to look the Hawk Lord up and down. She was a warrior through and through, she held herself with confidence and strength and her figure was like that of roughly carved stone, harsh and firm....yet undeniably alluring. "Been a while since we've had a hawk here. What do you say we have a sparring match, then maybe we can get back to this mess." A devilish grin crept across the beast's face as he arched his back, he knew he would likely lose but he was more in it for the entertainment than to prove himself.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solar Hawk paused when she was challenged, her helemted eyes falling on the Jackal before her. Like all of his kind he was tall, his head both strange and elegant and his body clothed in primarily the minimum clothing, allowing his muscles to be on full display. His kind were not the all out warriors that Hawk Lords were but they were still a potential threat. She allowed her eyes to linger on his figure for a moment, there was always something about the Jackals that attracted her eye, she could never quite place her finger on it.

"Business from Amun-Ra." She answered his initial challenge in the usual way. She considered his request in silence for a moment. Sparring always got her going, so to speak, it also always made her feel more alive. These peaceful times were most difficult on people like her, people built for war. She wasn't designed for peace and that made peace something to suffer through until war came.

"I could use a good fight." Solar Hawk said finally. "Peace is boring."

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

Kal laughed at the Hawk's statement, he was raised to be a warrior and the attitudes and instincts remained with him. "Trust me, I understand how boring peace can be." The Jackal gestured to the tombs surrounding them, before stopping his hand over the view of an unimposing black monolith in the distance. "We'll fight there, it's about a day's travels but it is against jackal law to fight within tombs unless defending them. Those are our sparring grounds, so they should work well enough. I'll send some of my men to gather supplies, but in the meantime how about we make this fight into a wager?" The Jackal paused, allowing the Hawk to process and perhaps provide terms of the fight.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolarHawk

@black_jackal:

"Fair enough." Solar Hawk said with a brief glance towards the monolith, her vision could pick out considerable detail even from here. "What sort of wager did you have in mind Jackal?" She asked, glancing back in his direction. "I don't typically gamble, but it's peace time, I'll try anything once." She smirked a little and glanced over his form again. "Let's use practice weapons I don't think either of our gods would be pleased if we caused any sort of lasting injury...we'll use staves." She said. Since he chose the battleground, the choice of weapons were hers.

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"Staves are definitely preferable, don't really feel like dying today. Plus I don't know if I could live with myself after marring that beautiful body." Kal teased the Hawk as he once again checked her out. "Maybe you should come around more often, jackals do stuff like this all the time. You wouldn't believe how boring, and honestly, lonely it can get when your purpose in life is guarding a corpse. But anyway, if I win...let's see-" The Jackal paused for a moment looking to the sky as he scratched at his furry chin "How about this? If I win, you stay out in the wilds with me. We can go stargazing, the sky will be perfect for it tonight. But if you win, I'll be your personal guide through the tombs. Get you through unscathed. Whaddya say?"

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_jackal:

Solar Hawk smirked at his compliment. "Maybe I should...but death makes me uneasy..." She told him. She considered his offer, turning her back to him for a moment as she did so and gazed out at the location of their upcoming sparring match. She turned back after a moment and nodded. "Very well. I'll agree to your terms." She grinned a little. "But I'm not going to go easy on you just because I think both outcomes sound worth while."

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

Later that night; Jackal Sparring Grounds:

Khalfani wiped blood from his brow as he stood, his stave knocked a few feet away by the warrior standing above him. As he rose, the Jackal backed away and took a bow to his opponent, stretching one hand to the Hawk while holding the other over his bruised abdomen. "I submit. It is truly an honor to have fought against such a warrior as yourself. But now its time I follow through on our bargain." Looking to the sky, Kal saw that night had come quickly upon their group. "Tonight we'll camp here, but tomorrow we will return and I will guide you through the tombs. For now though I need to figure out our shelter and sleeping situations. We have 6 Jackals and then me and you so....any ideas?"

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SolarHawk

@black_jackal:

Solar Hawk grinned and tossed away her combat stave. She returned his bow respectfully. Nothing got her blood going like combat, sparring or otherwise and winning, well, winning was even better. She took his hand and though her strength was still in her grip, she was gentle with it at the same time. "I only know one Jackal here." She said. "But come with me." She said and began to walk, still holding his hand for the moment to guide him in her direction. "There is more to Egypt than tombs and our cities. Let the others figure out their own shelter while I show you yours."

No Caption Provided

She paused and released his hand, turning to look back at him for a moment. "Unless of course you're afraid to sleep outside."

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk: Kal followed the Hawk for a moment, tempted to take her up on the offer, but these were his men. It was his duty to ensure they were taken care of. "Sorry, but I have to make sure my men have somewhere to sleep first, just give me a moment." His voice came softly, almost with a tint of regret. Halfway to his men , Kal turned back. "By the way, I have no problem sleeping outside, especially not if you'll be with me."

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolarHawk

@black_jackal:

Solar Hawk smirked, looking at him over her shoulder. "I'll wait right here." She said. She half spread her wings, looking up at the increasing star light of the pollution free Egyptian air. She smiled a little as the lights of the stars played across her armored eye pieces. She folded her hands in front of her, waiting quietly and enjoying the atmosphere of the moment more than anything else. It was rare she got to leave Thanagar, rarer still that she had moments like this. Sometimes even the famous Solar Hawk had a time or two to just relax and be a woman.

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

About ten minutes later Kal walked up behind the hawk, his men setting up temporary shelters after some instruction from Kal. "So, we ready?" He spoke with his face right next to hers, practically nuzzled in. "It really is beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_jackal:

Shaeyera smiled slowly. "it is." She said and began their walk. She was quiet through most of it as she led him away from the encampment and to a place she'd discovered long ago when she was much younger (spiritually anyway, as her body never aged past 25). There was a large flat piece of land between slow moving sand dunes, surrounded by them on all but one side, that side looked out over the Nile river almost one hundred feet below them. The star light sparkled off the water and the moon reflected along the faces of the sand dunes, scattered into thousands of points of light by sand that had long ago been struck by something and heated to glass, only to break apart into tiny fragments over the years that now covered faces of the dunes.

"But it's better here." She said, turning to face him at last. "Don't you agree?"

Black_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk:

"You coot"

(bump) (not actual post lmao)

ErikaNord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ErikaNord

This is a great article. I'm just writing a history essay about Ancient Egypt, such an article will be useful to me. Recently I read about how to write history essay on the https://espaceacademy.com/ for my college paper, I found a lot of interesting history facts on the website.

eman-11711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

toxic could feel the sand blow in his eyes.it disgusted him.he picked up a bit of sand and could remember when his parents took him here when he was young.a single tear rolled down his cheek.he pulled out a can to toxic gas and released in the air.it was refreshing.he saw a pyramid. "i remember that pyramid."he ran to the pryamid like a mindless zombie.