• 69 results
Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Hello, Mister President. I'm the Doctor. No, not that doctor. I'm what you'd call an omnidisciplinary scientist, as I have a genius-level intellect with no speciation. Biology, chemistry, robots... you name it. But today, I'm experimenting with high-powered weaponry. So I'll make this crystal clear: Deliver me one-point-six trillion dollars within forty-eight hours or I blow up the moon. Not even bullshitting you here. As you can see through the simulation behind me, I've designed a cannon with the power to impact the moon with enough force to shatter it completely. If it doesn't rain down pieces of moon rock onto those below it, it'll screw with the tides enough to wipe out all of civilization, excluding myself. Of course.

I'm no idiot, I'm sure you have supers on your payroll. In if you find me, which should be impossible, the F-Driver will still fire at the indicated date, without my intervention. We're in separate locations, and there's a 0% chance of problems with the firing. Deliver the money or the moon, and by extension, all of humanity, will die.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like money. But I honestly don't really want it. I'm a scientist, first and foremost. I want to see what happens when I fire the F-Driver. So please, please, please, don't pay up. Because if you don't I get to test my latest invention, and be remembered for all of history. Which would be about a month, considering. Ta-ta!

P.S. Attached is directions for transferring the funds to a secure account run by a very competent banker. If you fudge the transfer in any way... well, I've described it in detail perviously.

The message, simply the manic-looking scientist standing in front of an image of her weapon destroying it's intended target, was delivered directly to the new President. After sending it, the Doctor turned back to her computer.

She put the command for firing, in exactly forty-seven days and fifty-nine minutes, and turned away from that too, humming tunelessly under her breath. She checked the video feed on the cannon, smiling at the massive cannon. She had hidden it well, with a wide cloaking field covering its setup at the Pole. She had timed her firing for exactly the moment when it would align with the Moon, and begun the arduous charging progress six weeks ago.

No Caption Provided

The entire facility was leeching power from worldwide electricity plants, as well as nuclear fusion reactors she had built herself, and radar to use to target the Earth's satellite. She spoke aloud to herself, as she engaged the protocols that would seal her private bunker for another week.

"Ah, what a fine day for science!"

OOC.

• @purveyor (or any other designated government people) has two OOC days to transfer the money, or I blow up the moon.
  • Anyone who wants to intervene can either post in this thread (it's both IC and OOC) or make a new one. I'm not picky about who, hoe, or when, but do see the defenses and the cloaking and such.
  • Have the funs. And the funds.
Miss_America_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Miss_America_

IC Iowa: F*** YOU C***!

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Purveyor
Feed
Feed

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Good luck with this. I hope you admire the view from behind bars once your stopped.

Miss_Japan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Hey doc, don't know why you're only threatening the Americans, but the power to destroy the moon makes you a planetary threat. If my people catch wind of this, we will have a few choice words to exchange... XD

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss_America_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doc_

@miss_japan: I look foward to it.

Also, because America is rich af. Can Japan pay a trillion dollars?

Miss_Japan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Yeah, but we wouldn't want to, lol. Regardless, with what you're promising, I think everyone's gonna want your head, lol.

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:O

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ParagonxXx

@doc_: And besides, isn't there some kind of RPG rule against this sort of thing? I mean, hypothetically speaking, if your character succeeds, that means pretty much an end to most RP's based on Earth and everyone might as well start RPIng in a different universe.

Lacrimosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lacrimosa

Funny cause irl Japan already spent over 1.6 trill on a reactor. They would easily pay for this, no problems lol.

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: I don't expect to *succeed* of course. I just want to do some good-old-fashioned supervillany.

Besides, with that much cash, just think what hijinks I could get up to for my nextproject.

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lacrimosa: Well, I doubt they paid for it out of pocket. They're likely paying incrementally.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Awesome. :-)

Well, you could come up with a serum to change every man on Earth into a woman for a month. *Laughs and hides* KIDDING!

Miss_America_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lacrimosa: @miss_japan

Iowa: Honey do you have a trillion dollars to spare?

Miss_Japan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miss_america_: ...The Japanese government's financial assets are not the same thing as my personal funding, Ammy...

It'd be a good day when Kongou can casually spend 3 trillion dollars without caring.

Either that or I went batsh*t insane, lol.

Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: I believe you need permission from the COE to blow up the moon considering that would lead to Earth getting messed up the bum.

The_Custodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be intervening with The Custodian.

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doc_

@neuromind: Like I said like three posts above, I don't expect to win this. At all. If it comes down to it, I'll ask the CoE and be refused, because that sort of thing isn't allowed.

Can't I just RP to have fun?

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: I believe you need permission from the COE to blow up the moon considering that would lead to Earth getting messed up the bum.

He needs permission to actually blow up the moon, but hes perfectly free to threaten to blow up the moon.

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neuromind said:

He needs permission to actually blow up the moon, but hes perfectly free to threaten to blow up the moon.

^^^

Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: okay just makin sure since I've never seen you around.

Avatar image for the_professor__
The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_professor__: I'm a he, and Dreadpool/Dreadstroke was actually defending me, but I appreciate it :)

Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Besides, this Doc will have to face The Professor. The Doctor vs The Professor. =)

How exciting!!!!!! *Jumps up and down*

Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_professor__: I was just stating the rules considering when I see something like this coming from an account with 14 posts I assume its a New User. Sorry if I offended you but this wasn't even a major issue just me checking to make sure the rules weren't being broken.

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: Sorry. *Puts arms up to defend himself* Don't hurt me. I'm sorry. Please!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_: And for the record, I meant no offense. Apologies otherwise. *Offers cookies* :-)

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neuromind: Oh no! You weren't offending me. Besides, I make mistakes as well. I was just pointing out that Doc here would have enough, heck, more than enough sense to realize that it could wipe out the earth and the RP.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dreadstroke

CIA Headquarters: Raising Awareness

Are you serious?! Really?Percy thought, indignant with the situation as he viewed the transmission for the fourth time, narrowed eyes darting about his bright monitor, browsing for even the slightest clue or detail that could paint a trail to wherever the terrorist and her weapon was being housed.

All the while operatives loudly bustled through the halls to the Knightfall's chagrin, scouring for more information just as he was doing (though in a rather more frantic fashion). More than once had an agent burst into his office to inform him of the knees, only for him to briskly inform them that, like all other workers, he to had received the transmission from the president's offices. When will they learn that just because I'm the new guy doesn't mean I'm out of the loop, he mused, not that he could dwell on it for long. There was much work to be done, and if the terrorist's threats were genuine, not all of the work had to be done by Perseus Knightfall...

Talvaran would soon be on the case.
Talvaran would soon be on the case.

If discreetly.

And already were a myriad of possibilities running through that hypermind of his. Already was he considering theories and variables based off the destructive capacity of the weapon, the nature of her demands, and the veritable legion of heroes, villains, entities, and organizations that would be on her trail if Percy, say....released the message internationally.

An abundant of clicks and prompts later and he'd prepared to send the transmission to a wide variety of media outlets, trusting that the news would spread like wildfire till the flames awareness licked at the borders of other nations.

He smirked, tapped enter, and then spun once in his comfortable chair. Now, to wait. In a few short hours, the nation and its extranormal residents would know of this plot. By tomorrow morning? The world.

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In, obviously.

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Professor__

@doc_:

"There's a difference between ego and crazy. Crazy is when you know all the sciencey-wiencey and are going to blow stuff up just to prove it. Ego is when you know all the sciencey-wiencey stuff, but don't need to prove it. You're just cool like that and shove it everyone's faces." - The Professor

The Professor laid on his force-field that was protecting him from the vacuum of space. He saw all the stars and planets, the high-energy plaxinuum particles flowing through the darkness.

Then, his peace was interrupted.

By a beeping sound coming from his watch.

I wonder what it is this time.

Getting up, and heading into his TARDIS, he examined his timeline data. Threat was sent to President, huge machine blows up moon, possible intervention or not, and timeline possibly being disrupted.

Yeah, not with me around.

Typing into his computer with speed never before seen, he calculated where this Armageddon device was.

Okay, somewhere remote, since the size of that thing, guesstimating from that model, must be huge. So, must use a lot of power, since you don't blow up the moon without a lot of power. Calculating trajectory of the blast in order to hit the moon, that narrows down the area. Crud. I don't have enough information.

The Professor was puzzled at the moment. He didn't have enough information to calculate where it was.

Wait, she sent a feed. And it was sent to....The President. Okay, hackey-hackey my way into his computer. Sorry. Now, I have the feed. Mhm, mhm. Nope, not good. Now, some alien hacking programs, and, boom, I should be able send a live feed message to this 'Doctor'.

Activating his camera, The Porfessor made himself presentable. Wearing his blue overcoat and brown-black bowtie, he was ready.

Not sure if this will work. She could counter my alien programs. Then again, I doubt she's dealt with alien programs.

"Hello, anyone there?" The Professor said, "Where is the Doctor? Not the one from BBC. Met him and hated him. Inferior to my genius. Anyway, hello my name is The Professor, and I like to talk. Just talk."

The Professor waited for a response, and hoped his message got through.

(OOC: I hope this is good enough.=) )

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadstroke: Not to question the CIA or anything, but wouldn't letting the public know that something like this could happen be kinda counter-intuitive? I mean, panic and rioting in the streets don't really alleviate any problems lol

Other than the seeming strangeness, nice post.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Doc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_professor__:

The Doctor was finishing a genome coding for one of her other projects when the video-call came in. She saved her work quickly, and turned to the Professor. "Sure. Talk," she said. What she didn't say was that when she sat down at her desk she was already trying in a program that would trace and infect the system that had accessed hers with a virus. When you hacked a computer, no matter how advanced your technology, you left a door open for the victim to access you, and when you tried to hack one of the smartest minds on the planet you were in for a tough time. By the end of their conversation, she would have downloaded his entire computer system, provided he didn't notice- and that was unlikely, considering her superhuman skills in this field (and all others) made her his equal in technological expertise.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in this with Grimm, defending.

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be in with Blitzkrieg to DEFEND THE MOON from your terrorist threats!

The Viertes Reich's claim on the Moon will overcome your silly threat to the Amerikas!

We shall bring a wave of moon-justice, and if not that, then a unholy rage of death and destruction to all you hold dear!

HEIL, TOD! HEIL, TOD!

No Caption Provided

Op_blackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You want me to do what?" Kar asked frowning at Mr Winters hologram.

"Turn into the moon, but only if it actually gets blown up. You can do that right?" Winters replied casually.

"Well, maybe, I've never actually tried, because that's flipping dangerous!"

"So is going around without a moon." He stated. Worst case scenario, a lot of people die. Too many superheroes and ngods on this world for eveyone to. Heck atlantis would probably be reletively untouched, relatively, not to mention the various mystical places. You know where some people are already dead." Octavian said as he continued to work high speed on a computer that granted him enormous quantities of information.

"We couldn't just stop the blast?" Kar asked confused.

"Perhaps. But there is no certainty she didn't put a bomb on the moon. Probably not. But remember that this world is full of super heroes. And this is one of those times the variables match up, it won't blow up. Not permenently damage anything at least."

Kar sighed, "If you say so."

"I do. Go practice in one of the abandoned dimensions. You can probably be ready in time."

"Winters...you want me to turn into something that litterally has been manipulating the oceans for a very long time. You have problems."

"Numbers and variables aren't among them."

(OOC: Just wanted to post that. I might be in defending the moon with Kar if things go too badly. Last minute defense sort of thing. Otherwise, I'll just be watching.)

Ezra_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ezra_Strix

I'm tempted to either defend or try and seize the cannon for myself.

Purveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Purveyor

@doc_:

Banging..

Screaming..

High atop the breach of sky nursed the stupor of feral flesh. (@metasiphon) Caged and chained, the weaponized colossus slumbered. Masterly tamed and massaged to cease the mass of instinct, however the whiff of the ultimatum had caught its assiduity. Activating its focus, the beacon was heard and the metasiphon warcried. The concentration veined all the worlds power to the heart of the construction, bringing the backwash of martial retaliation... and the infinite hunger that acted like a compass towards the scientists mockery. The projects purpose was designed exactly for these conflicts. Whenever a new threat too big has arrived, the siphon of power would thirst, as if it could see through the metal walls of its containment, its dripping drool directed Brutus of the cannons location. . It was feeding time.

"There is no need to worry"

It was a Christmas miracle. The message of the bickering extortion provoked an entire world of thirsty scavengers and hedge knight heroes. The perfect weather to sit back and relax.. the storm was in his favor.

Brutus News Channel would broadcast nation wide shortly after the leak (@dreadstroke) "No effort has been made to respond to this ludicrous threat" Licking his lips in anticipation, he knew people would be anxious after such a threat but with one finger up to give him the respected pause to continue. "-because the threat has already been solved by the future Ares Law Enforcers, our heroes!" He gave a coy smile that signaled the scripted execution.

A small shadow from the perspective of satellite feed, falling at maximum velocity was no other than Agent Shot.

With the thuum of his voice he yelled his signature warcry, the deep omicorn echoed through the nation. "OOUYAAA!" Then it cut to black.

"If there was one thing that I follow that our other presidents have held dearly... It's that we don't negotiate with terrorist! I'm not even officially the president yet, but this should surely be evidence of my determination to defend you lovely folks. The Ares Law Enforcement is our future! No matter how big or small you are, you can be the next step in our unity."

But..

There wasn't any Shot in pursuit. There were no hero falling heroically.. Brutus saw this as the perfect storm to test the metasiphons capacity. However there was a scream.. but it wasn't the heroic battlecry that was shown in the nation wide broadcast. It was something much more intriging, demonic in nature, It was his necessary evil. The jaundiced affliction roared with the opposite intent of preserving. "FEEEEEEED!!" The purple devil was here only to destroy. The source was like a worm to a bird, there were to be no other accepted verdict than total annihilation. Blossoming from the sky through the satellites teleportation, it was deployed to look like an alien invader. Starlite blaze was the entrance that had introduced the mocking lab coat with Brutus's welcoming gift.

Crashing through the facilities metal hulls, the very presence of its yearning began to siphon the cannons destructive abilities into its own.

There is a monster on the loose..

The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_:

“Okay then….wait…,” The Professor said, as a notification popped up onto his computer, “Give me a second.”

Typing quickly onto his console, he soon discovered that he was being hacked. How? All of his timeline data, data on alien species, data no one on Earth should have, and it held all his most guarded information and would warn him of a hack. Now, there was a difference between knowing and stopping a hack.

She’s smart. Smarter than I gave her credit for. She attacked when I was busy with her systems. Well, there is more than one way to stop a hack.

The Professor laid down on his side, and started to open one of the panels underneath his console. Then, he ripped out several wires that lead to his Inner Knowledge Matrix. Then, getting back up, he typed several commands, disconnecting his computer from his TARDIS.

Everything is going to manual control. No Internet. Nothing, but manual.

Getting back up, he then typed more commands, and activated his computer's anti-malware programs and antivirus programs. He then faced this 'Doctor'.

“Whoo, been a while since I met someone with your expertise. I’m impressed, and that’s hard to do.”

“Anyway,” The Professor shaking his finger at her, “you have been a naughty girl. Tsk. Tsk.”

“Now, you have two options: Shut the big blaster down, and we can come to an agreement. You want money? You think too small. I can take you to planets devoted to science, or give you a technological wonder from another planet in the future, that you can study for years on end, and use it’s amazing capabilities. Never bored, always messing around with science.”

Pausing for dramatic effect, The Professor continued:

“Your second option is that I come over there, shut down that device, and arrest you. I’m also a lot kinder than Brutus, who will probably want you killed on site. So, what’s it going to be?”

Typing into his computer, he was trying to track down her location as he spoke. Alien programs running simultaneously to track her location, and only her location.