An Interview with Xae

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gale_Xanders

As the interview about Jurassic World's policies came to a close on 60 Minutes Xae reached for her ear piece only for the interviewer, a well respected and established reporter and TV personality to motion that he had more to ask her. She cocked her head slightly and shrugged, leaving the ear piece in. Instead she reached over to the small end table by her big comfortable chair and took a drink of water from the glass sitting there.

"Xae, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few political questions. As one of the nation's more influential billionaires and an increasingly popular NFL owner, a lot of people are interested in your views on politics. " He pulled out a series of printed pages and held them up to show her and the camera before he set them down again. "I have stacks of emails and twitter questions about you from fans or people just interested to know more about one of our more enigmatic citizens. Everyone remembers how vocal you were in your opposition to the missing President during the last election cycle. The first question I have for you is...what do you think of Orion Savage?"

Xae laughed a little and leaned back in her cushy seat. "I think he's a blow hard. I mean seriously, he called one of his opponents an idiot in his last press conference. As for his revealed policies...I don't disagree on the idea of treating mutants like the rest of the country, I think my record on that speaks for itself, but I do have a huge problem with a man who just proposed a plan by which there would be a shadow registration act. No you don't have to register and there is no law passed, but you do have to get 'educated' and 'trained' to use your powers or you'll be 'held accountable' for anything you do wrong." She said with air quotes in the appropriate places. "The government would conveniently learn the secrets and powers of every meta human and mutant in the country, they would know their limits and their potential...the only difference is in this situation the government comes across as looking like the good guy. It's a very sneaky way of reenacting the Registration Act without actually doing it."

The reporter, Frank Wallace, nodded. "You said you think he's a blow hard, do you think he lacks the intelligence to hold the office?"

"No." Xae said. "I think he acts too much like a hatchling to hold the office. Look, he says things that a lot of people like to hear, but he's smart enough to slip more in beneath the surface. I already covered what I think of the shadow Registration Act but let's talk about Ivana while we're at it. He said something like...she's always lived by war and will die by war and that he would deal with her according to her actions. So...does that mean he'll start a war with Venezuela? I know Ivana, the woman can't stand me but I know a little something about her. That's not a war you want. I think the United States would win eventually but a great cost that would leave it's military spending close to a decade rebuilding itself...and for what? If you want to know how to deal with Ivana, look at what Tyrus has done recently. STRIKE and Venezuela have fought on the same side as recently as the Orc incursion into the southern half of the country just months after the two nearly went to war with each other."

Wallace took a drink and thought about his next question carefully before he asked it. "Have you chosen someone you would endorse for President?"

Xae nodded. "I have, but I won't be revealing it any time soon. He knows who he is and my support comes in the form of monetary donations. He doesn't need me to campaign for him."

"Would you seek to hold a position within his government?" Wallace asked.

"Oh no." Xae said adamantly. "I want nothing to do with that."

"I see." He said. "Alright, next...what do you think the next President should do about Gothic City?"

"I think they should contact major corporations, ones like mine, and try to get them to invest in the city again. Look any where in the world you like and tell me where you see a stable society that has no jobs and no personal security. The mayor of Gothic is also running for President and I think he's done alright. Major attacks on the city have declined since he took office, but I think more needs to be done. Restoring Gothic is simple...jobs...safety...infrastructure." She said, counting each item off on her fingers.

"Ok, we're almost out of time so one final question." Wallace said.

"Go for it." Xae said with a shrug.

"It's pretty clear to even the casual observer that you're not human, yet it you have declared and evidence suggests you're also not a mutant. What are you?" He asked.

Xae smiled slowly and leaned forward. She took a drink of her water before answering. "A mother." She said and ended the interview, content with leaving the public wondering what the hell that meant.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this public?

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@orion_savage:

Yes, absolutely, it was on 60 Minutes (or the CVnU version of said show anyway). I'd love for these two to have public disputes all the time Trump/women style =).

Also I think they should meet in private at some point.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orion_savage:

That's exactly what I was hoping for =).

It's also what Xae wanted ;).

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Best political season ever. All we need now is a sex scandal.

@gale_xanders: This was a great read! Love hearing Xae's opinions on everything.

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best political season ever. All we need now is a sex scandal.

@gale_xanders: This was a great read! Love hearing Xae's opinions on everything.

*Remembers Satar and Bradshaw*

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian:

Thanks =). Xae doesn't go out there with the intent of sharing her opinions but she gives them if people ask =).

Her culture, being much harder than Human culture, gives her a lot of harsh opinions a lot of characters would almost violently disagree with. Fortunately no one's asked her what she thinks about gay marriage =).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

So by being the only woman in this race, you're essentially the vine's Hilary Clinton?

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedrifter:

lol, no, Xae's not running for anything. She actually can't be President since she wasn't born in the United States.

But yes, she does seem to be the only woman in some way involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@thedrifter:

lol, no, Xae's not running for anything. She actually can't be President since she wasn't born in the United States.

But yes, she does seem to be the only woman in some way involved.

Ah damn. You'd be a worthy opponent.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gale_Xanders

Laws will be laws =).

Orion_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

Everyone really does ask that question. "What are you?" I asked that question, Mr_winters asked that question CVbU, and again in here.

Xae continues to be one of the more interesting characters in comicvine rpg universe.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

Thank you =).

I've been very careful and adamant about people not knowing what she is. IC she destroyed all but one of her genetic samples and keeps that in a specially designed vault hidden away somewhere. Xae worries people will try to use her genetic code to further their own aims, she also thinks it shouldn't matter what she is. The information isn't even included in her STRIKE file. Tyrus has no idea what she is.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justin_lockley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: this makes me feel special for having characters who do know.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers