An Address to the Downtrodden and Forgotten

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HumansFirst

This is a message to those of you that feel small. To the people that feel insignificant. You are not. You are the lifeblood of this beautiful nation. You are the blood pumping through this great country, keeping the dream of freedom alive.

Do not let yourself be pushed into obscurity and fear by the works of tyrants. Do not stand idly by as those who have declared themselves your betters lord above you. Keep your heads held high! Let these "gods" know you do not worship them, as so many others do! Dismiss them as the false idols they are! Let them know you do not fear them, as the lawless man does! As the spineless politician does!

The American people did not vote in these protectors. They hold no sovereignty over Americans on our own soil! Yet no one objects when these people descend from their lofty towers to oppress the common man. No one addresses the fact that for these "protectors" to act, they must first see. For them to see, they must watch. How do we know where their gaze ends? Do they track where we live? Our day to day lives? Read our emails? Listen to our calls?

How far does a god's omniscience spread? And where do we, as those trapped those beneath their lens, finally draw the line? How much should they know? How much is too much?

I did not vote in another electric eye. When the American government began to monitor its people, there was outrage. Now that these "metahumans" choose to, we are silent. Why? Do we trust that those that would lord power over us "mortals" do so in our best interest? That they— because it is "they"— maintain their distance, well separate from those they watch for our sake?

These "guardians" stay in lofty ivory towers, far above the American people, the human people, watching us from an impossible, unobtainable vantage. To them we are bugs in a jar, fully at the mercy of they that hold it. We are so far below them, as individuals, as a people, that they must separate themselves from us by incomprehensible distance, beholden to no nation, to none of us. And they expect our trust.

I say no. I say it is time to take back our nation! To take back our world! I refuse to live in fear of the day that our heroes become our masters! I refuse to live in fear of the day that lens turns upon me for speaking out against them, refuse to be cowed by that ever watchful eye finally turning its scornful gaze upon me! The Earth belongs to us, as men, as women, as the rightful inheritors of God's kingdom I refuse to recognize these vigilantes who have deemed the world their playground! It is time to restore law, restore order, to the United States and to the world! In that spirit, I urge you all to vote with conscience and dignity, with the full knowledge that what you do is in the name of protecting your people from the tyrants that lord above us.

The age of man is not over, and those that believe themselves our gods have no say in this country where each man is created equal. It is time we stopped this violent propagation of metahuman vigilantism, ended this age of unchecked mutant authority, and declared once and for all that America is the land of the free, now and forever. If this bill passes, we will no longer have to wonder who is watching us and when. We can finally live with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that one's actions are one's own, that the right to privacy has not been violated by those who deem themselves our betters. This will be the first step in reclaiming our world.

Ladies and gentlemen of the Senate, of the House, and those watching back home, I thank you for your time. May God bless each and every one of you. Thank you.

—Donovan Glost, September 12th

On the subject of H.R. 3991, known colloquially as the "Superhero Surveillance Ban" that seeks to restrict or outlaw electrical monitoring on the part of organizations such as The Alpha Guard and the Justice League Alliance.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, boy, don't go getting me excited.

Also, how dare you not post this to the forums as well!?

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: It's a work in progress! I still want to gather the other pieces to set up proper opposition to metahuman overreach.

That and I need to proofread.

Avatar image for deactivated-642cad4e06994
deactivated-642cad4e06994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst: Wait, aren't these the same people who tried to fight with Gambler's folks in Japan. The San'Vun Syndicate?

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humansfirst:

This is awesome! I look forward to seeing how it works!

Of course The Immortal is absolutely against it but it's not like he can vote, he's not a legal citizen anywhere since...you know it's hard to get an id card when you're over a thousand years old and regularly kill serial killers and the like.

I guess I have Salvio, but I'm not entirely sure what he would do. He's not exactly a known superhero or anything he just kind of acts when things are very clearly a certain way. He's never hunted anyone down or something. Just done like...stop bank robbers, people in the act of killing, etc.

Fill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're back?!?! AWESOME!!!

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal: You don't have to be a citizen to voice your opinions, either anonymously (by writing to newspapers) or publicly (through op-ed pieces or on news shows). There are lots of ways to interact without actively having people hunted down and such.

@fill: I'm testing the waters, but I think I have the right amount time and the right mindset to get back into the swing of things.

@rosso: They are. Well, the public arm of that organization is represented here.

The Humans First Foundation is a (mostly) legitimate human advocacy/lobbyist organization. The Militia is the criminal, anti-meta terrorist organization led by the head of the Humans First Foundation, Donovan Glost.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad this is back. Badass concept and execution

Avatar image for deactivated-60324cd907a0e
deactivated-60324cd907a0e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

—Donovan Glost, September 12th

On the subject of H.R. 3991, known colloquially as the "Superhero Surveillance Ban" that seeks to restrict or outlaw electrical monitoring on the part of organizations such as The Alpha Guard and the Justice League Alliance.

Love it!

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shield-maiden

Beautiful work! I can't wait to reveal Helena's view on all this. I am going to set it up differently though.

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

Do they track where we live? Our day to day lives? Read our emails? Listen to our calls?

Naw bro, but you welcome for keepin ya'll alive. But we aren't stalkers.
Naw bro, but you welcome for keepin ya'll alive. But we aren't stalkers.