• 123 results
#1 Posted by Amaranth (8284 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the end of the line.

Let me start by saying that although the opening posts I have made are long you are in no way expected to reply with anything near that length. This is an event/interaction RPG meaning that both short 'interaction style' posts and longer, more detailed posts are welcome.

Secondly this RPG might feature a 'time skip' should it go on long enough. The time skip is likely to be no more than a twenty four hours to allow the RP to proceed along without bogging down in minor details.

Third, this RPG is not for combat between PCs.

WHAT?!? LL, don't you know running into each other and fighting is the core of big event RPGS?!?

Yes I do. And you are more than welcome to fight anyone you like. Fight me, fight each other, fight NPCs, fight your heart out. However, please consider the following:

Sometimes fights can go on for a long time OOCly despite the fact they are over in five or ten IC minutes. Combine this with the potentual for a time skip and we could have posts that are happening on Monday ICly along side posts that are on Wednesday or Thursday. This can create a confusing, chaotic reading experience.

In addition these types of RPGs often rapidly turn into all the heroes locating the villain and engaging in a huge brawl. The story of the RPG rarely progresses beyond this brawl. There is nothing wrong with this kind of RPG and I love it. Some RPers, such as Satar, build their legend with that type of event. But it's not what I want to do here.

For combat please create a separate RP with it's own IC thread. I ask that this thread serve as the OOC thread for all RPs related to this event so everyone can keep abreast of events by reading a single thread rather than trying to keep up with several OOC threads.

This will keep the main RPG thread dedicated to the story of the RPG and also prevent me from being swarmed with dozens of characters to fight at the same time which is something I want to avoid because this is my final RP and I don't want it to be stressful or annoying for me. I want to have fun.

This also allows for a few other creative possibilities. This is a mixed event, combining both powerhouses and street levelers. It is forbidden to change ones powers in the middle of a battle. However because physical conflicts between characters take part in separate RPs a street leveler can acquire a 'power up' such as a power ring or a temporary supercharge to their powers or power armor or whatever that will allow them to temporarily compete with the powerhouse. (Alternately the powerhouse could find themselves temporarily weakened or the fight could simply be powerhouse vs street leveler with no alterations to powers/gear. Whatever works for the players involved.)

Forth, this RP is likely to have a slow pace because I have a slow pace these days.

Fifth, the IC stakes and consequences. Amaranth and company are attempting to destroy the infrastructure of America. They are beginning by targeting the power grid of NYC and the east coast as well as creating traffic gridlocks and mass casualty events that overwhelm the ability of the US Government to respond. By hitting and running they avoid being pinned down and taken out as well as distributing carnage over a large geographical area to further degrade the ability of the US Government to respond.

Why? To cripple the largest superpower in the world that is also home to the largest concentration of superheroes in the world so both the United States military power and the power of its superheroes are concentrated on dealing with the cascading effects of the catastrophic damage the villains intend to inflict. This prevents them from interfering in Amaranth's quest to acquire the Lavalieres and unmake the universe-- remaking it into a universe by, and for, mutants alone.

As you can see this RP (or should we call it a meta-RP?) has a broad scope. It is more like a major Marvel or DC event that crosses many books than a conventional RPG.

Finally, have a good time.

You know what the rules are.

#2 Posted by Warsman (5413 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Mass destruction table for two
Mass destruction table for two

#4 Posted by Nordok (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by _Dirge_ (3691 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn...
Damn...

#6 Posted by AmericanValor_ (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody:

Amaranth: *blows up step-down transformer, walks to his car and posts a YouTube video where he's dressed like a seven foot top model assassin wearing the winter is coming collection to let these humans know what's going down*

Everybody: Who turned off the lights?

#7 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody:

Amaranth: *blows up step-down transformer, walks to his car and posts a YouTube video where he's dressed like a seven foot top model assassin wearing the winter is coming collection to let these humans know what's going down*

Everybody: Who turned off the lights?

ROFL

#8 Posted by Rosso (5504 posts) - - Show Bio

So I should whip out my bucket list?

#9 Posted by CutthroatBitch (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

O__O

Gets her "Antonia Was Right" shirts/signs.

#10 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Strife_7 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone wants backup, I charge a reasonable rate.

#12 Edited by Feral Nova (58604 posts) - - Show Bio

well, I guess I'll get the party started and drag @americanvalor_ in with me! xD

#13 Posted by TheSentinell (1179 posts) - - Show Bio

>_> This is the perfect opportunity to become A TYRANT!!!

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
#14 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaand post

#15 Posted by AmericanValor_ (157 posts) - - Show Bio

guess who's back back back again!? posted some set up.

#16 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved them all.

#17 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@americanvalor_:

"I'm supposed to feel bad about New York City!?" Brian scoffed at the thought. He even kicked the box of tools laying on the floor in a fit of aggravation. Where was this public outcry when Grimm City was first attacked?

"Where was this energy for my city? For my people? Man, screw that." It felt like a spit in his face. How else was he supposed to feel?

Really liked that. A unique take on the situation.

#18 Posted by AmericanValor_ (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@americanvalor_:

"I'm supposed to feel bad about New York City!?" Brian scoffed at the thought. He even kicked the box of tools laying on the floor in a fit of aggravation. Where was this public outcry when Grimm City was first attacked?

"Where was this energy for my city? For my people? Man, screw that." It felt like a spit in his face. How else was he supposed to feel?

Really liked that. A unique take on the situation.

thank you! :) I'm looking forward to what happens next.

Avatar image for andres_knightfall
#19 Posted by Andres_Knightfall (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the best post but I'm working on a time limit, LOL.

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (907 posts) - - Show Bio

If he did not kill Charlemagne for more, then he would not burn a country for less.

great f'n line
great f'n line

#21 Posted by Grimmwald (3386 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read up and respond to Nova once I finish my other post.

#23 Posted by Thee_Champion (6613 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a setup post.

#24 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Hawkshade cuts the power to Transcom, the organization that coordinates the eighteen agencies that handle NYC traffic issues as Amaranth's plan to create the worlds worst traffic jam continues.
#25 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Arquitenens (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

I too shall be reading up and joining [duh].

#27 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Arquitenens (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Grimmwald (3386 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#30 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12578 posts) - - Show Bio

Been a killer read. Time to dust myself off

#31 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Some rpgers jus have that 'it' factor when highlighting tactics and guerrilla style assaults

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (907 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12578 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Amaranth (8284 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Amaranth destroys another step-down generator, further cutting power to more of NYC and straining the east coast grid.
  • He derails a freight train carrying gasoline to NYC, limiting the amount of fuel available for backup generators and vehicles.
  • That derailed train ignites a New Jersey forest that commonly experiences forest fires due to the type of trees that grow there.
  • The burning forest impedes the vision of helicopters, drones, satellites and aircraft. In addition the fire cuts off several highways immediately, reducing the ability of federal and state aid to NYC and creating additional traffic control problems if people begin to flee the city or area as well as spreading panic.
#35 Posted by Lucian_LeBeau (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

When everybody scared of that Amaranth smoke lol

No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by Amaranth (8284 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Lucian_LeBeau (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth:

Lets hope sharp instincts are enough
Lets hope sharp instincts are enough

#38 Posted by CutthroatBitch (1905 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by Phantomshell (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Well look at that

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
#40 Posted by Ivana_Strigidae (703 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Rosso (5504 posts) - - Show Bio

@ivana_strigidae: As thorough as a courtroom and Amaranth tried to disappear without paying child support. [Thanks!]

#42 Posted by La-Espada (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Longer than I'd liked but there it is!

#43 Posted by Arquitenens (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

@la-espada: Was longer than I expected, but it came to me easily and it was fun so you gets no apologies!

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
#44 Posted by Ivana_Strigidae (703 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Shawn_Savage (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me get caught up

#47 Edited by SavantIX (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Always loved Ivana as a character, honestly. Connected to plenty of complex lore, but her motivations are never difficult to parse. And she's basically transcended having a 'look,' too. She's iconic, without having some specific character associated with her image.

Doesn't mean I'll hesitate, when the time comes. ;^)

#48 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: Let me know when you want to do some of the stuff we chatted about in PM and I'll get to typing.

#49 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12578 posts) - - Show Bio

Laptop kindda blewup. New one up and running. Will sort a post out tomorrow once i catch up with some work stuff.

#50 Posted by Catalina_Liafador (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

@catalina_liafador: Let me know when you want to do some of the stuff we chatted about in PM and I'll get to typing.

Okies, I'm working on something with G right now. But as soon as that's up and done. We can get to it.