Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Containment

ACF-707

Containment Protocol and Description:

ACF-707 in location L-14.
ACF-707 in location L-14.

The majority of ACF-707 is to be held in a climate-controlled cell in Location L-14. When removed from the cell, samples of ACF-707 are to be kept together, or as near to one another and the researcher or agent responsible for removing them, as possible.

Staff is permitted free access to this cell to retrieve samples of ACF-707 as necessary, to return samples removed from the flock that makes up ACF-707, or for other personal reasons (with proper clearance). During breaches of containment, samples of ACF-707 are to be allowed to return to their flock or to Dr. Papillion, as desired.

Dr. Rex Papillion has free research access to ACF-707 at all times. He has full permission to bring any number of samples of ACF-707 with him to any other site, and/or to remove them from Foundation sites. This extends to all Foundation personnel except during breaches of containment or similar emergencies.

{NOTE: why is it that the only thing he can be responsible about are these [EXPLETIVE] bugs? No wonder Class-Bs are calling him the "Queen Bee". - R. Starek}

ACF-707 takes the shape of a kaleidoscope of butterflies, although this might simply be its selected form. 707 has been nicknamed "The Butterfly Effect" because of its reality-changing abilities, its ability to defy all known laws of both science and magic, and, of course, its chosen form. These abilities manifest the most in the presence of the whole flock; individual specimens have extremely limited effects to their abilities, which is why it is recommended to staff wishing to use specimens of ACF-707 on missions to take more than one specimen. A group of specimens is generally referred to as a "sample". Samples are to be returned either directly to the flock, or to Dr. Papillion, when missions involving them are completed.

History

Early Containment

Dr. R. Papillion (hand) recording some behavior of ACF-707.
Dr. R. Papillion (hand) recording some behavior of ACF-707.

ACF-707 was discovered outside of location L-[REDACTED] during a breach of containment. Rex Papillion, one of the Class-B researchers on duty at the time, was following evacuation procedures when he became separated from the other evacuating researchers. What happened next is unclear; for the next several hours, all contact to L-[REDACTED] was lost; re-containment squads found themselves repeatedly removed from the location as they arrived, each reporting afterwards that one or more butterflies (now recognized as specimens or samples of ACF-707) landing on the windows of their vehicles just before they were relocated to their starting point, no matter where that was.

When staff was finally able to return to the location some hours later, all damage done by escaped anomalies was repaired, all anomalies were returned to their cells with all appropriate containment procedures in place, and Mr. Papillion was found inside a previously nonexistent containment cell along with what was assumed to be the entire flock of butterflies. What exactly happened is unclear based on interviews of Papillion and ACF-707; however, it was effective, and the creatures (or, perhaps, entity) have been useful to the Foundation ever since.

Recent Interactions:

Routine interview between ACF-707 and Dr. Hal F. Note. Papillion could not be present for this interview, but all samples are believed to have been present. 707 is one of the few non-human anomalies held by the Foundation to have no negative reaction to Note.

[Dr. Note enters Containment Cell 707. ACF-707 settles down on walls and floor, covering the entire surface of the room; Note sits in an empty space on the floor.]

Note: Good Evening, Seven-Zero-Seven.

[A general flutter of all samples of 707.]

Note: You know the drill, I think. You all understand why I'm here?

[ACF-707 flutters again, this time rearranging wing colors to form words on the wall.]

707: COMFORT. SAFE.

Note: That's right. Now, shall we begin?

[Several standard questions regarding procedures, containment conditions, and overall opinions of the Foundation are asked and answered in the same way as above. These are followed by the following questions, regularly asked of 707, usually eliciting the same answer, although there have been variations.]

Note: What is your relationship with Rex Papillion?

[The room is filled with color as all specimens move excitedly at the mention of Dr. Papillion. This is a typical reaction to the mention of R. Papillion and so Note sits patiently through the excitement. The butterflies rearrange on the wall.]

707: ... QUESTION?

Note: [with a chuckle] Why do you like Rex so much?

707: SMELLS NICE. UNDERSTANDS. SMART.

Note: He smells nice?

707: LIKE HOME.

Note: And he understands you.

707: YES. MUSIC?

[Note asks several more questions in the same strain as above before playing his instrument, then leaving.]

Interaction between Sample of ACF-707 and King's Spade. Hall 35-B of Location L-7.

[Castor walking in apparent thought down the hall. A five-specimen sample of ACF-707 begins following him. He does not acknowledge them until he rounds a corner, when they approach him.]

Castor: Well hey there, seven-oh-seven, how's it going?

[No visual or audial response from 707 except erratic fluttering. Castor nods.]

Castor: I see, I see. Just a day in our lives, huh?

[Sample lands on Castor's shoulder.]

Castor: I'll definitely agree with that. You seen Note lately? That's what I thought. He's pretty regular about those kinds of things.

[How Castor can derive conversation from ACF-707 is still under investigation.]

Controlled interaction between ACF-404 and ACF-707.

[CLASSIFIED by order of SV-1 "Leviathan", formerly on order of R. Papilion.]

Controlled interaction between ACF-666 and ACF-707.

[CLASSIFIED by order of SV-1 "Leviathan", formerly on order of R. Papillion.]

{NOTE: Papillion, you've got to stop classifying experiments on us. Or at least let us know before either you or your butterfly friends do. I don't want to have to have to go through the process of de-classifying and re-classifying documents like this on a regular basis. - SV-1, "Leviathan"}

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want one!

Containment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warspool:

I honestly think Warspool and Rex would get along great, lol.

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers