Academy of olden arts (CVnU academic location.)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AdmiralLogic

"Sure, there are academies for the gifted, the disabled, the black, hispanic, and white and so on. But let's forget all that at present. I want to teach an art that's been around and been evolving for millenias and millenias. Arts that have been used by superheroes and legends alike. First and most common to be seen among the less powered heroes, the art of unarmed combat. A well trained unarmed combatant can disable even a good swordsman if they are physically equal. Deflecting a sword is easy, and simple. It just takes practice. Then there's how to deal with a gunman, I would never suggest you go up against someone with a gun unless you have one to. In fact, avoid it if possible. A gun could go off by accident and kill you whether you're an expert or not. It would require speed of course, and just a little bit of deception which we will go into detail on. I will also teach you how to combat others who are unarmed. But of course there is my favorite form of combat, swordfighting. An art that has even become basically symbolic in not only cultures but in religions as well. But that won't be all we can teach you, horseback riding, projectile prediction, gymnastics, are just a few others in our long list of classes. Now, I hope you enjoy these classes. But enjoy or not, I hope you learn from them."

Percy Pendragon has decided to build an academy for "olden arts", it will teach any ages group and any race or species. Although it does teach things such as modern firearms it's mainly focused on things before the 18'th century.

Percy is the teacher for unarmed combat, swordsmanship, stealth, weaponized/defensive magician tricks, firearms, blade throwing, and common scenarios. There will be other teachers for things such as the mace, horseback riding,

It has a very classic castle like look but with plenty of what is taken for granted today such as indoor plumbing and electricity. It is actually quite large. It has training rooms for the different arts and grounds for general playing and outside training such as archery or riding.

The other teachers are all well trained in their art and most know some sort of projectile very well (atlatl/javalin/sniper rifle/crossbow etc). Some of the martial arts or self defense trainers are in fact ex military.

Ooc:

Open location.

Placed around Houston Texas.

It would be great if people could become students/pupils. He is a master swordsman and martial artist, as well as magician. So those three arts will be especially well done (not that I'll actually know what I'm talking about the whole time, so bear with me.)

Normal rules apply of course.

It does have security, however the security happens to be many of the teachers as well. Who are quite prepared to snipe you with an arrow fired from a shotgun, and then nail you with an atlatl while galloping towards you and another one ninja attacks your backup. So I don't suggest an attack, also there are children here so let's not get them hurt.

No major damage without my permission, minor damage may still get Percy or a teacher on your tail but I'm not likely to try and kill you or anything.

If you want to sneak in you may, but sell the fact that many of these people have good senses and perception. They aren't easily fooled, hypnotized, or mind controlled.

Oh, by the way. Percy is hiring teachers as well if you can show him you're worth it.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sure, there are academies for the gifted, the disabled, the black, hispanic, and white and so on"

"Deflecting a sword is easy, and simple."

"A gun could go off by accident and kill you whether you're an expert or not."

No Caption Provided
AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers