Abyssus, the Possessed World

#1 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

CVnU Space Location

The planet Abyssus was originally a tropical jungle paradise of a world, where vast forests and jungles played host to a staggering variety of flora and fauna. When it was discovered by the Imperium, a number of biological research and experimentation facilities were established across its surface, where experiments that would be considered unethical on most civilized worlds were openly conducted on organisms from both this world and across the Imperium’s vast interstellar holdings. As a result of many of these experiments either escaping or being released into the native ecosystem over the course of countless generations, the biome of the planet had become a truly chaotic and dangerous environment, where only the truly powerful and well-adapted creatures of both the plant and animal type were able to survive and thrive.

As a world absolutely infused with biological life, it was only logical that it would become the chosen “resurrection point” for Nordok the Ancient. His consciousness awoke within the planet’s core, and within moments, he consumed all life energy on the world in order to speed his recovery from his recent battle with Trinity and Leonal. What was once a vast tropical wilderness was now a lifeless sphere of rock, dusted with the remains of its former inhabitants.

No Caption Provided

Abyssus is now the de facto “capital world” of the Imperium, although it resembles a conventional capital world in few ways. No living beings set foot upon the planet itself, which now virtually smolders with negative energy, which will siphon the very life of anyone entering the atmosphere. Even mechanical beings and ships find their energy sources being drained if they venture too close to the planet, itself. Only the Nordemons may venture to the planet with any degree of inherent safety. Imperium officials will place their ships in high orbit and await an emissary (or in what is considered to be a supreme honor, a projection of the Ancient One himself) to board and issue commands.

Nolls

Nolls are beings that are created out of the substance of the planet itself, and animated by its unwholesome energies. As constructs, they have little in the way of mental activity beyond a compulsion to destroy anything they come across that is not a fellow Noll. This makes them unsubtle and straightforward enemies, but their ability to exert up to 100 tons of physical force combined with the fact that trying to damage one is like trying to damage a hunk of pure granite makes them formidable. They roam the planet individually or in small packs, and while Nordok does not generally do so, he is capable of taking complete and direct control of any number of them at any time.

A typical Noll stands between 8 and 12 feet tall and weighs several tons. They have a craggy, jagged appearance befitting beings composed primarily of dense mineral matter.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• All CVnU rules apply.
  • Any character capable of space travel can visit this location.
  • The negative energy miasma that permeates the planet will affect any being that is not immune to the effects of negative energy (although sufficiently powerful beings can resist it, and technological or arcane precautions may help). This is a largely passive effect that Nordok can suppress, if he wishes.
  • If you encounter the Nolls, please sell. They will generally fight until destroyed unless made to do otherwise by Nordok.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#2 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42360 posts) - - Show Bio

Space is cool.

#3 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: Well, the cosmic background temperature is -455 F, after all. ;P

#4 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42360 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for aelia_stormwind
#5 Posted by Aelia_Stormwind (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Always a new toy to break.

#6 Posted by ParagonxXx (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome, Nordok! ^_^

#7 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Shield-Maiden (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh you know I have to sit down and read this; I need to learn as much as I possibly can ? #YouInMyLineOfSight #LetsPlayChess

#9 Posted by CrimsonDeath (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Grimmwald (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

You must be stopped.

#12 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42360 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Ah leave the poor bloke alone, he's not doing any worse than anyone else.

#13 Posted by Ezra_Strix (631 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42360 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezra_strix:

And there's one hell of a breakfast entree on its way my friend
And there's one hell of a breakfast entree on its way my friend

#15 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Never the sun goes forth, never the moon glows red,

But out of the south or the north, I come with the slavering dead.

I come with hideous spells, black chants and ghastly tunes;

I have looted the hidden hells and plundered the lost black moons.

There was never a king or priest to cheer me by word or look,

There was never a man or beast in the blood-black ways I took.

There were crimson gulfs unplumbed, there were black wings over a sea,

There were pits where mad things drummed, and foaming blasphemy.

There were vast ungodly tombs where slimy monsters dreamed;

There were clouds like blood-drenched plumes where unborn demons screamed.

There were ages dead to Time, and lands lost out of Space;

There were adders in the slime, and a dim unholy Face.

Oh, the heart in my breast turned stone, and the brain froze in my skull--

But I won through, I alone, and poured my chalice full

Of horrors and dooms and spells, black buds and bitter roots--

From the hells beneath the hells, I bring you my deathly fruits.

-from The Song of the Mad Minstrel, by Robert E. Howard

Deep within the core of the dead planet, a form was being crafted, and the souls of the dead of a million worlds chanted.

The inert biological matter of Abyssus was being compressed, by nothing more than sheer telekinetic force, into a unnaturally dense figure. Humanoid in shape, but monstrous in proportion, layer after layer of necrotic tissue was pressed into some semblance, some mockery, of a living body.

Bereft of vital organs, the form was animated by pure negative energy, and the malevolent will of its malignant creator and host. Inhumanly powerful fingers flexed. A bestial jaw tensed. The strength of cosmic hatred flowed through the body as though it was blood coursing through veins.

Dense, powerful, and lacking any conventional vulnerability, the figure, once completed, opened its eyes and turned its baleful glare on physical reality.

Nordok, the Ancient One, was incarnate once again.

...and the souls of the dead of a million worlds chanted.
...and the souls of the dead of a million worlds chanted.

Loading Video...

#16 Posted by Shield-Maiden (3285 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Herald_Gospel (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Ill keep my eyes open for this

No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by TheSentinell (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait...

#19 Edited by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The dead world was still and silent.

Its only inhabitants, the Nolls, sat silent and inert. Occasionally, a tepid breeze would stir the lifeless dust of the surface, but this was the only evidence that the planet itself wasn't frozen in time and space. Even its tyrannical ruler, the Ancient One, the ruler of the Abyssal Imperium, was so still upon his throne that one would be forgiven for thinking him some vile sculpture raised by a twisted and long-dead civilization to honor a malevolent god.

But if Nordok's physical shell was inactive, his malevolent consciousness was anything but. A recent encounter on the Astral Plane had set wheels in motion within the labyrinthine plans he had long ago sent in motion, wheels that could lend speed to any number of said plans.

The Universal Lavalieres. The Stones of Power.

They were artifacts of enormous power; each able to turn a base mortal into a god. In the hands of already godlike being...yes, there was much potential here. To that end, the last of the Ancients spread the tendrils of his vile mind across the known universe like a fisherman might cast a net, but this net had a very sole and singular purpose.

His recent encounter had taught him much. A stone's energy would interact with that of its wielder, but would still be recognizable as something external to them. Given that, a stone without a present owner should shine like a beacon, at least to those who were looking for it properly.

Ahh...there. Faint, nebulous...but unmistakable. At least one stone was currently without an owner, then, which would make it the logical stone to begin with. While he could not yet identify its location, he had other resources for that. His potent psyche reached out again, this time intruding upon the minds of every living, unliving, and mechanical being in his vast Imperium, imprinting upon each an image of the Power Lavaliere, and a brief but dominant imperative: Find it.

#20 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12208 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by 8th_Wonder (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Madness!

#23 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by 8th_Wonder (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok: Then I suppose, it's time to prepare.

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by Nordok (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

@8th_wonder: Classic. I hope the new movie provides good gif fodder, if nothing else.