Abusing Perspective (Closed CVU RP OOC)

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After some talks with the COE and careful consideration doing an RP for negotiating with North Korea made more sense than a poll. You know the drill comment your thoughts and stuff below. The Rp is closed between myself and the Vice COE who will be role playing North Korea.

Soul_InSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go on record as being really uncomfortable with this. I feel like the poll went up, people didn't vote yes, and then the poll was taken down and now it's "RP for negotiation" without addressing any of the concerns brought up in the poll, which can't even be referenced because the thread was deleted?

This is shady as heck.

Avatar image for maxwell_hastings
Maxwell_Hastings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soul_inspectre: I took the poll down after the COE reached out to me. The idea of doing an RP was proposed by them after a very long discussion about the concerns brought up and the ones they had. I agree that it does look bad but, I can assure you it wasn't taken down because people were saying no. If I didn't want them to say no I wouldn't have made the poll in the first place. There were legitimate concerns brought up in the thread and I am happy to discuss any concerns anyone has via pm, on discord, or in this thread.

Soul_InSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxwell_hastings:

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I'm glad that you can kinda see that it looks like "poll didn't go my way, delete and do things this other way" from the outside, but of course I wasn't privy to the discussion you had with COE, so there's a lot of context missing there that wasn't apparent when this thread posted.

I think my main issue with this is that it's also just not inclusive of the majority of forum members. Like... if you were using the influence in Russia to create a big RP in which... I don't know, Methodius discovers a secret weapon hidden deep in a bunker in Russia through his connections, and people gotta either try to acquire it or neutralize it or stop Methodius from getting his hands on it or something (just making that up, not necessarily the greatest idea ever) - but the point being that he would have this influence and use it to really make plotlines in the CVU that are there for everyone, not just Methodius.

I've read through the blogs. I've read through the 1-1 RPs. You can write, no one's contesting that. It's just that you don't write with everyone, and I feel like if Methodius is going to be a character who has a major impact on CVUs canon, he needs to be doing stuff where everyone can tie their stories in with his, and I don't see that.

I think you're looking at your Tourney plan as some sort of thing that's going to fix that in the future, but I feel like the problem is that it needs to be fixed before the tourney, because otherwise people just aren't going to care about the tournament, because Methodius isn't influential enough from a character-to-character basis. Having a bunch of NPCs at his disposal doesn't make him a good character, and it doesn't make him someone that other characters are going to look to and want to interact with.

That's the weakness in him, as a character. It's obvious that you care about him and want him to succeed, but if he's going to succeed, you've got to make other people care about him as well. Run a major RP, or run 50 little interactions with as many different people as you possibly can, but try to get to the point where if you ask "What does your character think about Methodius?" other characters will be able to answer from a standpoint of experience. Not "Oh, I guess he's on the news sometimes?" but "I met him in an alley once and he beat the crap out of my girlfriend, I'm gonna murder that guy" or "Oh, Methodius, he helped me advance my evil plot and create my robotic ninja octopus marionettes, I will be happy to assist him."

Get the characters to care about him as more than just some sort of vague happening in the distance. Make him relevant to their lives. Make him relevant to as many people as possible, and then you will have the support you need, because people will have canon tied up with him and want to advance Methodius's plot so they can see how their own canon with him unfolds.

Avatar image for maxwell_hastings
Maxwell_Hastings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soul_inspectre:

I appreciate the input and trust me when I say that these are all things I planned to do long before I began the Russia interactions. The reason it seems small right now is because Methodius is purposefully making it small. He is keeping his inner circle as tight as he can to stop information from slipping out and costing him a shot at his endgame. I personally love when things don't go my way like with the Shogunate where Methodius was expecting to come in and play them like a fiddle. The arrival of a Maverick Agent and the Shogunate's own decision threw a wrench into his plans forcing him to work around it.

I feel like people are sort of misconstruing the series of events in that there will be more opportunities to bring users into the mix as his movements and decisions net more visible attention. Allying with North Korea is the start of the rising action of the arc where the eyes of the world should start to fall more heavily on him. There are still alot of things that have to be setup and plot elements that have to be revealed before the tournament even begins. The tournament itself is the climax and even without it the story should still have the same amount of weight. The first announcement was Methodius's cover for Russia starting to send him money and now they are going to get involved in more military decisions its just that until now he hasn't needed them. He has his whole game plan laid out and the request previously made was basically asking the forum if they were okay with Methodius getting the resources from Russia.

There has never been any intentional exclusion of writers from coming in and throwing a wrench into my plans. Its actually why I preferred making the polls so that if people felt like his pitches wouldn't work they could strike them down. One of the general ideas I explained to the COE was that there is nothing stopping anyone from finding out anything I'm doing other than their own willingness to come up with a believable reason that they know. OR perhaps infiltrating the inner circle and exposing his plans to the world. I'm not intentionally trying to Rp with myself and a select few because then 'I win' its more along the lines of 'its what Methodius would do'. I can understand why its hard to put faith into something when there have been times int he past where that faith for that long built up RP doesn't really amount to much but, I am doing everything I can to make sure that the payoff is in fact worth it. In order for the payoff I want it required a decent amount establishing exposition.

I apologize if it has been a slow burn so far or has seemed like I'm trying not to include people but I can assure you that isn't and hasn't been my intention. I'm just trying to bring the best story line I can and in my mind I needed that slow first act to establish things.

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't forget by the way just want to make sure I've an idea on how to do this before going in

CVU_Informant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CVU_Informant

Sorry for delay, again wanted to wait till there was another vice and then discuss with vice and Coe how to do this. Shouldn't be any further delays

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I’m now world famous lol. Someday I need to do that blog when his movie comes out and just have a whole bunch of ppl wearing copies of my armor world wide.