Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rile_

Bludhaven

“And how does that divorce make you feel?”

How does it make me feel? I’m 16 years old, not 7. I’m completely aware that occasionally things don’t work and sometimes it's best to end things before they get complicated.

Messy.

Chaotic.

Of course it hurts. The sting is almost palpable. You can't help but blame yourself in some aspect. Was I good enough son? Was I a financial burden on my parents that added to the strain of their marriage? Could I have finally been the straw that broke the camel's back and sent everything spiraling? Well, this is what I want to say to someone. Anyone. but I don't think I can. I don't think I really want to.

“It could be worse. A lot worse. They could have abandoned me all together but instead my parents are being civilized and sharing their time with me. It's hard to really complain.”

The school therapist frowned a little bit, dismayed at the pessimistic response that masked the taste of heartache. Mr. Harrison was optimistic and good intentioned, but often he was left with a sense of disappointment by working at the Bludhaven high school. Too many times students have come to him reluctant to open up, instead counting down the minutes until the class bell rings signaling the end of their time together.

“That’s a very mature way to look at it, Dominic. But it’s because you’re 16 that you need to properly process what’s going on and to acknowledge any residual feelings that are on your mind. Pent up emotions are dangerous.”

Mr. Harrison pressed his reading glasses from the bridge of his nose as he spoke and scribbled a few words down onto his Wal-mart purchased notepad. Bluelight special. 8 years and a small fortune to become a board certified psychiatrist and he's stuck with adolescents and their problems of puberty and grades. And not to mention that he has to dig through his own bank account to purchase his supplies. Mr. Harrison crossed his legs and leaned forward from his office chair, furrowing his brow in deep thought as he did.

“Both my parents love me and they make that clear. They’re both supportive and caring.”

Dominic smiled and shrugged his shoulders casually, laughing off the implication that he harbored ill feelings to his recently separated parents.

“So is there any specific reason as to why you decided to stay in Bludhaven with your father instead of moving with your mother?”

The question struck a nerve and Dominic shifted uncomfortably in the reclined sofa. The decision to stay was an easy one and not one he thought about for long when he was given the choice, but it devastated his mother nonetheless.

“I like the Bludhaven weather is all.”

Dominic followed the lie with another chuckle and pushed himself upright off the couch. Just as the school psychiatrist was going to inquire further, the loud ring of the school alarm broke through the intercom. Hallway doors releasing students for the day had swung open almost simultaneously as the halls became flooded with young adults.

"Sorry Mr. Harrison, I gotta go! I'm going job hunting today!"

Dominic left in a hurry grabbing his book bag and didn't even bother turn back to see the baffled expression of the man behind him. Dominic felt a little guilty leaving so quickly, but he wanted to leave the room and all it's awkwardness as soon as he could. It's difficult to deal with so many prying adults when a little space and privacy does wonders.

1 Hour later

*Thwip*

The crimson and ebony spandex subtly shimmered as the sun's rays clashed upon its' fabric. Eyes from the pedestrians on the street below rose up to the sky and stared in awe at the nimble figure that had swung through the buildings and skyscrapers with fluid ease. As the figure descended after each swing, his arm would raise skyward and shoot an organic webbing lace that attached itself to any surface with a tensile strength that surpassed even carbon nano-tube, lifting him higher and higher within the concrete jungle's canopy.

I didn't lie. I am hunting for a job. Sort of.

The radio static of the bug attached to his ear under the obsidian mask acted as a police scanner, monitoring and probing channels of law enforcement for key words that would ping Dominic's wrist map. A simple apparatus of his own design, he couldn't help but take pride in the device's effectiveness.

*All units All units we have a armed robbery in progress at first national. All units please respond. Suspects are armed and dangerous.*

"Oh look my first job interview!"

He couldn't hide his excitement, even from himself. All of his self training has lead up to this point. Growing up on these streets and seeing the things hes seen. Where others would see injustice and turn their heads away in shame, he would face those obstacles head first and without hesitation. Dominic would be afraid, nervous and anxious, but Rile would not be. Rile would be everything Dominic can't and everything the city refused to be.

Being a kid in Bludhaven is hard. Being Rile is harder.
Being a kid in Bludhaven is hard. Being Rile is harder.
Voracious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice work as usual, Vex.

Incandescence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work! I really like your take on getting started as a hero. We should do something together given that my character's a Bludhaven native as well.

Infinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thwip

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider boy, your suit game is weak compared to mine.

Rile_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers