Posted by ParagonxXx (4126 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: A skip in Time for the CVnU (15 votes)

Yes, let's do the time skip 60%
No, it would be too disruptive 40%

Hello fellow Role-Players!

The CVnU CoE have been discussing weather or not to do a 2 year time skip for the CVnU. This would allow Gothic City to fully, and completely, recover from it's attack that destroyed it. Any political situations will have a chance to get smoothed over and calm down, possibly with a new U.S. President.

However, the CoE has realized that a 2 year time skip might be disruptive for some of your RP's your in. So, that is why we are putting up for a vote. If you need more detail on this time skip and more reasons for or against it, the CVnU CoE will be happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Thank you for your time. ^_^

#1 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote yes.

#2 Posted by Donut_Danny (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
#3 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Embargo (773 posts) - - Show Bio

In any other situation I'd say yeah. But I'm saying no for the simple reason; that it'd disrupt what I currently have going on.

#5 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Might be helpful to note that votes won't be counted unless accompanied by a post explaining the same.

#6 Posted by Evander_Slade (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Might be helpful to note that votes won't be counted unless accompanied by a post explaining the same.

Also only active CVnU users I think. Seems fair.

#7 Edited by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

My natural inclination is no as well, but if that seems like the thing most of our people want then I can swing that way.

#8 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ParagonxXx (4126 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I cannot Edit the post, then I will add that votes will not count unless it's also said in the comments. Thank you! ^_^

#10 Edited by Feral Nova (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought the time skip already happened LMAO I remember talking about it in a PM a bit while ago and I just assumed we already agreed to it and I've already time skipped with Feral Nova xD

#11 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah if the time thing already happened is what I thought as well lol

#12 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: I'm voting yes 'if' the time jump already happened. I'm voting 'no' if the time jump is taking place right now or directly after the vote.

#14 Edited by Mr_Warthen (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I might just return more fully to the cvnu with a character like Conrad or something if this is implemented well.

So I voted yes.

#15 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: Ah, so kinda like whatever side wins? Typical Gambler!

Okay, I got it.

#16 Posted by Feral Nova (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I don't think a time skip suddenly is a good idea. Some people have plans or certain things going on right now and a two year time skip will disrupt it. If the time skip is suppose to happen randomly right now? I vote no.

However if the time skip happened during the short CVnU decline in activity (like I thought we talked and agreed about in PM?) then I vote yes.

#17 Edited by _Dirge_ (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought a 3 year timeskip had already taken place?

#18 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not entirely sure. I have no definite vote. To me either or is fine.

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_ said:

I thought a 3 year timeskip had already taken place?

I think this was unofficial?

#20 Posted by _Dirge_ (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Oh...well, I guess I'm good with either.

#21 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

It was talked about as a potential but never crystallised. Which is what this is for.

I do recall Grif mentioning in one post of his; but aside from that, it has not been approached and all time references from that event onward have been vague.

#22 Edited by Dominus_ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Closure, here. If a handful of writers have made claims stating they've already written inside the CVnU canon with an already established time skip then why is this up for debate? I've literally included a time break within my own canon as well and considering CVnU was on pause during the whole CVU emergence than the gap should have already been established.

Also, why is Gothic being treated as the end all be all of canon. No one's written gothic as destroyed or referenced and idk how long. A time skip is disruptive and not at all beneficial. Emerald City has already just been reconstructed with writers like Sha and Feral Nova (long time members of this community) acknowledging a time skip.

And lastly if y'all gonna be voting on this...then you better be writing here consistently and not leisurely.

#23 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@dominus_: You seem tense. Are you tense? It's hard to tell over text.

Well, Gothic is not being treated as "the end all be all." However, (a) no one can deny its importance through extended canon over the length of time since its creation. Which is an admittedly minor point, except (b) in determining a time skip [if there is one], that event there is really the last "landmark" we'd have to go based on (and happened to be what was put forth when a time skip was first considered).

Secondly...I'm confused. Seems like in one sentence you're saying a time skip has already been referenced and shouldn't even be up for debate, and in another you're saying it's disruptive. For clarification, which way are you leaning here?
As for why it's up for debate, because we want everyone to be on the same page as far as that's concerned - far better than having everyone uncertain and some people are writing in 2017 while others are in 2019 and possibly they mingle and that creates a mess. Clearly, there's been some confusion or we wouldn't have questions about whether it took place officially or not, or how much time (some saying two, some saying three years), or where the jumping off point would be from. This should at least help clean things up so it'll be easier moving forward.

We do agree that people should be at least semi-active in the u if they're gonna vote here.

And this one for @shanana: Closure said you've already gone the way of a time skip, but here you said you were voting no because it would disrupt things you were doing. Could you clarify what exactly your situation is?

#24 Edited by Dominus_ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: I'm saying people have acknowledged a time skip as in the past tense. For instance, when I returned to writing in the CVnU I acknowledged time had past IC. As have a few others. Doing so for the here and now feels disruptive and pointless if multiple writers have referenced a sort of gap period since returning to the CVnU as already having happened. That's what i'm trying to point out.

Regardless, I'm against a time skip (IN THE NOW) as would deter a lot of things im currently writing.

#25 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@dominus_: Okay, then that's how your vote will be counted.

Gotta get Gambler and Nova off the fence.

#26 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

And Impero.

#27 Edited by Hegemon (11509 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the skip. lol

#28 Edited by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@dominus_: Ohhh, hold on...You made an edit I almost missed and I think I see the root of something here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
#29 Posted by deactivated-5a4aaebccd120 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

When I said I'm fine I meant the same thing. Not to jump from now but to say this return to cvnu is two years past the lull in activity.

#30 Posted by Shanana (60400 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: idk what closure is talking about I never acknowledged a time skip, nor did I even know one was in the talks. I legit waited two years real time from the Spanish revolution to now to "rebuild" emerald city.

If the skip has already happened it's fine, but if it's happening after this vote no.

#31 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on board with it if it's already happened.

#32 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: lol whatya mean on the fence? I thought I took a position?

I do not want a time jump that happens right now. I vote NO for a time jump that takes effect now or is upcoming.

But like Closure, I've kinda been dropping little mentions of Gothic having been destroyed two years ago. So IC I've already been playing as if Gothic being destroyed is an event two years removed. Hence its been partially or moderately rebuilt in my current headcanon.

So as the vote is worded right now, I'm voting NO. No I do not want a two year time jump that hasnt happened yet.

No more fence :P

#34 Edited by Feral Nova (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue: yeah I'm not on the fence either. I said I've already acknowledged a time skip in my canon and if that's what this is meant, to acknowledge a time skip that happened ALREADY during the few months there was very low activity in CVnU, then I'm yes for the time skip.

If it's to make a time skip happen now or in the near future, then no, I am not for the time skip.

#35 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Correcting the disconnect.

There seems to be a perception that there was a time jump and now another time jump is being proposed. Such is not the case. This is not about a time jump from now, after a time jump has already occurred. This is about a jump from the destruction, following attempts to rebuild.

#36 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by ParagonxXx (4126 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: @shanana: @mercy_: @feral_nova: @jean_luc_lebeau:

I'm tagging you all since you seem to be the ones who are ok with a time skip that already happened. Some of you have already worked it in your RP's that such a time skip of roughly two years after Gothic's destruction already happened.

In saying that, I think to reach a conclusion that most would be happy with is to agree with you all. So, voting yes for a time skip means it already happened. The destruction of Gothic City happened two years ago. That way, it won't disrupt your RP's as I have no desire to see that. So, to clarify, if the time skip happened already, would you all be ok with that? I'll count your "Yes" answers as a vote.

And before I close with this, is there anymore questions or clarifications any of you want or need? ^_^

#41 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin: She's so attractive in this role.

And I looked at this for five minutes totally misreading it.

#42 Posted by ParagonxXx (4126 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lethal_weapon_x
#43 Posted by Lethal_Weapon_X (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: I'm ok with the Time Jump Already happening

(Shanana)

#44 Posted by ParagonxXx (4126 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I think it's pretty evident people are done with voting. I'd like to thank you all for your time and for the votes, as well as your thoughts on the matter.

The majority have voted that they are fine if a time skip of 2 years has already happened in the CVnU as some users have already implemented it in their role-plays. I will now make sure this is reflected in the Official CVnU Timeline.

Thank you everyone for your votes! ^_^