Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

L.A., California

With a-

*POP*

I reappeared into existence, stumbling forward as I slipped on flooring of wherever I was. Reaching outward I grabbed hold of a guardrail to keep myself on footing. Gasping in relief, I brushed my sleeve against the top of my skull to wipe off excess sweat. "Holy crap that was close," I said aloud to myself, brushing off a little bit of soot from my blue hoodie and shorts. Looking left and right, I made sure that wherever I was, it was a calm place with little likelihood for interference. "Any longer and I'd of been cremated."

Ha, still got it.

Taking a moment I breathed in that fresh air that I oh so missed. Now, being a skeleton I don't really need air, but it's just a force of habit. Plus the air kind of whistles through all the bones, so that's pretty cool. Anyways, checking my surroundings, I began to get a grip as to where I was. "Heh, looks like I'm back on good ole' Earth. Neat." My permanent grin spread itself a little further, memories of my time spent here flooding my mind. I remembered the party I had attended, the little scuffle I got into with those ruffians at the storage shed. I remembered my time in Grimm-

I looked off to the side when that popped into my head. My grin flattened into a frown. That thought kind of stung still.

I'd been gone for quite some time. Ever since the fall of Grimm, I had backed off for a bit, tried to figure some things out for myself. My failure to keep the conflict from erupting the way it did, it left me feeling like I hadn't been able to do my job, to keep the peace. So I went off to do what I usually did in times of worry, wander off into space, travel through the universe. Plus, the occasional fourth dimensional threat had me a bit preoccupied. Kind of what I'd just come back from.

But, maybe now's the time to come back, I thought, get back into the swing of things, make up for what went down. I stared downward from the rooftop I stood on, viewing the moving vehicles, the walking civilians. Each of them, oblivious the living skeleton who watching over them from so far up. I should probably start with someone I know.

A memory of Vi flashed, and my smile returned. Of course. My eyes flashed blue, and I began to search through The Warp, trying to find my old friend. My buddy ole' pal was with me back at Grimm, we'd drove over there together. For some reason though, afterward we hadn't gotten back in touch with one another. Kind of made me feel guilty. But I'm going to rectify that. A-HA, I had her pinpointed, her unique signature a beacon in The Warp. But, strangely, it felt a bit...off. Eh, it's been awhile, probably just been some time.

Without wasting anymore time, I snapped my fingers and-

"Surprise Vi, how's it going?

*POPPED*

Into existence right next to the signature, and turned to face my friend with a heartwarming smile.

"Surprise Vi, how's it going-" I cut myself off, my nonexistent eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Heh.

Before me stood a girl whom I had never met before. Her aura was somewhat like Vi, but...it wasn't her. She had long brunette hair, which she concealed in a baseball cap. Now that I noticed, the cap had the logo of that popular thing that Vi always talked about. She wore a black vest and white muscle-tee, along with short shorts, with a pink handbag draped over her soldier.

So, this wasn't Vi. But...if this wasn't Vi-

Then where was she?

Did this girl have anything to do with her?

My eyes darkened a little, and my preconceived judgement getting the better of me. "Heh, well that's funny" I began, a fake smile adorned on my face, "You sure don't look like Vi." I blinked, and my pupils quickly returned. Whoever this was, I probably shouldn't scare them off.

Not yet.

@amyearheart

AmyEarheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@myers_voorhees:

The beach was a nice place at this time of night. Waves crashing, no people. Sand, but it was at least pretty in the moonlight. LA was too big, too loud, yet she couldn't seem to be able to leave. It didn't really matter, of course. Amita Volante leaned heavily on the rail of the boardwalk and watched the natural flow of the water. I wonder if that's the trick.

No Caption Provided

She came down here tonight for the explicit purpose of training with her newfound water powers. What they did, she didn't know. The man they came from was less interested in teaching her how to use them and exchanging information about some other girl named "Evio". She hadn't heard that name a day in her life before that, neither had anyone on the streets, apparently. Maybe a nickname, but she was too stubborn to sate her curiosity and go crawling back to the water manipulator. It was bad enough she'd given his wallet back.

*POP*

The sound came from right beside her, and she was quick to take a step to one side and take a good look at whatever made it. She didn't know what she was expecting - maybe another vigilante, considering the city of Los Angeles seemed to be chock full of those - but it certainly wasn't a skeleton in slippers. Alright, maybe the skeleton part should throw her off more than the slippers part, but for whatever reason his footwear was what caught her attention. She was quick to return her eyes to his face, however. It was dark, ominous. Eyes black and empty. A confused frown, followed by a forced smile. Can skeletons force a smile? As she watched, the eyes returned to normal. The voice had been bright a moment before, with its greeting to someone called "Vi". Weird name, maybe short for Violet or... Evio? Nah, too big a coincidence. Maybe Violet.

"Hey, how's it going." The words came out calm and unbeckoned. No sign of respect, at all. Not necessarily disrespectful, though. Guess I've seen enough to be less than surprised - or scared - by this kind of thing. "No idea who Vi is. If you're looking for them, you're definitely in the wrong place. Sorry for the trouble." Eyes turned back to the ocean, making it clear she thought they were done here. After all, she had nothing more to say on the matter.