thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thomas_richards

It was dark

But it was not the hot dark of embers, or a soft, hopeful dark. It wasn't the dark that comes just before the sunrise, a kind of dark that helps the orange and gold blossom across the sky, like a small flower trembling open in spring. There's a dark that encourages you to fall asleep as you close your eyes, tossing and turning in a futile attempt to slip away into the depths of unconsciousness, blissfully unaware. The type of dark that occurs in a complete solar eclipse, blocking out the light, the noise, the feeling of being, leaving you in the silence of serenity, if only for a few seconds.

This is Bludstone.

That type of darkness doesn't exist here.

Hope is void.

Here darkness hurts.

Here Darkness kills.

But now they have a hero.

Or more of an Outlaw.

Bludstone 12:30 A.M Friday, February 4 2020

No Caption Provided

Thomas Richards sat atop the Greenbury building with his left hand rested on his bent knee with a glass of scotch in his right hand. The Assassin's famous jacket slung across his shoulder and his crimson helmet lay behind him forgotten as he took in the world around him. The air punctured his lungs as he took deep breaths in and out with a small smile on his face.

His favorite gargoyle rested beside him and Thomas would clap him on the wing. "Beautiful night isn't it Jacob? King's handling the company, Damian's in San Fran doing who knows what with that team of his, and I get the night to my self

Shaking his drink slightly and raising it to his lips he would exhale with a smirk plastered on his features I give it a few more minutes."

Leaning his head back against the side of the building he would match his breathing to the cold soft breeze around him, his onyx and ebony-colored hair caressed his skin.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

Ou-

{PZZZZT Outlaw! Outlaw you there?!} A panicked voice who Thomas recognized as the Captain of the Bludstone Police Department Peter Jackson resounded from the inside of his helmet and Thomas shifted his weight, and pulled his helmet from behind him, placing it on his head, which instantly scrambled and disfigured his voice.

"Called it, what do you what Jackson? And skip the formalities before I hang up on you. "

{Fourth and Lincoln has turned into a warzone, My men are surrounded and outnumbered. They need your help.}

Thomas personally despised most of the Bludstone police. But Peter and the Commissioner had managed to get on his good side by getting rid of most of the corruption that resided there. They were good cops, and while he wouldn't normally say it. He respected them, and when they called he would listen.

And more importantly, he would help.

After several long seconds of serene quiet, The Crimson Crusader would finally say: "Yeah. I'm on my way." Rising to his feet Thomas would quickly check his gear to make sure it was all there, and he would slowly pull his arms into his jacket.

"Well, it was nice while it lasted I guess. Now it's time to go to work." With less than a step until he was placed directly on the ledge of the building Thomas would look at his gargoyle and give him a two-fingered salute. "Don't let anyone touch my scotch, Jacob. Or my muffins..."

No Caption Provided

Then he would step off the ledge and plummet into the city below him

Cause when you're a badass...you don't need to look where you're going.

Ten long, yet uneventful minutes Later

The motorcycle ride was a ritual. After the practical miracle of Thomas not dying on his way down the Transhuman gunman would walk to his bike and sling his leg over the side; now seated behind the oversized fairing he would turn the key and just sit for a moment, listening to the purr of the engine. It was a solid machine and comfortable, built by Thomas himself, it was sleek, but a monster. Reving the engine once he rode onto the main road where once there he disregarded speed limits, opening the throttle wide. Sometimes his knee would be just skimming the ground as he took the bends. He had a hard job and this was his therapy.

But now as his bike pulled up to the shootout Thomas lifted his legs and clawed his armored boot into the ground where he looked at the scene around him.

It was utter chaos.

Cars were over-turned and burning, debris littered the streets and it seemed as if the sky itself was on fire from this point of view. One survey from his helmet said that there were none dead...yet. But there were plenty injured. Taking a stride forward the Transhuman's powerful footsteps would bring him toward the Police blockade and he would look at the Sergent next to him. But before the scared officer could say anything Thomas would raise his hand telling him to shush.

"Give me your megaphone."Thomas' tone left no time for question and the officer instantly obliged, handing the Outlaw his megaphone.

Lifting his arm to place the megaphone to the front of his helmet Thomas' voice would boom forward enveloping what seemed like the entire block. When he spoke, gunshots momentarily stopped, and the shooters and anarchists themselves halted their movements, staring maliciously at the crimson-clad assassin.

"Look, I get it. Everyone has to do something for a living. But I'm telling you guys that this is not worth your lives. This is stupid. And pointless, you haven't killed anyone yet. But once you do you'll be guilty.

Guilty as sin.

You know it.

I know it.

Buuuuuuut I'm a nice guy.

So here is what I'm going to do. You have ten seconds to put down your guns and leave the area as fast as you can. Don't look back and you're home free.

After that?

I'll take it as a personal request on your part that I kill every last one of you.

You've got five seconds left."

No Caption Provided

The police around him looked at him incredulously as he stated his terms, and the lenses of his helmet narrowed as he waited. Then one of the anarchists put his gun down and walked away. Then another, and another. And soon only six remained out of a good 35.

And Thomas stepped forward throwing the megaphone behind him as he did.

"You bunch aren't very bright are you? Because your time is over."

One idiot decided to raise his gun, an action to which Thomas took no time in acting on, and a huge BOOM burst through the sky as the Outlaw withdrew, aimed and fired his gun.

The anarchist never stood a chance as the bullet ripped through his head. And neither did his friends.

As Thomas fired he used the chaos around him to vanish completely out of view, enveloping himself in the shadows and smoke, then he sprung out from his cover catching the criminals from behind.

His limbs sprung out with crushing force, his heels cracking the concrete as he stepped, he shifted his momentum, and lifted his arm allowing his elbow to crash against the temple of his closest opponent, while twisting on the flat of his foot he would grab his gun and unleash a quick string of bullets that took out three more.

Which left two. Who stood in complete fear, trying to keep from releasing on themselves, and they backed away,

"P-P-Please!" One said. "Please don't kill us! We didn't want too! They made us! PLEASE!"

But two more bullets materialized from Thomas' gun, and the criminals fell still. Lifeless, and Thomas walked away toward the police, but he didn't stop, he just kept walking forward. But while most of the present police officers looked at Thomas in fear one lady officer walked towards him and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Thank you she said "It would have been a lot worse if you hadn't shown up. So thank you."

But all he said was: "I hate when they beg. It's demeaning.

For both of us."

No Caption Provided

Then he walked away, letting the smoke ripple against his armor and it seemed like the Outlaw dissipated into thin air.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thomas needs a villain.

Avatar image for thomas_richards
thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

I think he needs quite the opposite.

From my point of view Thomas can't really have a villain because he's so close to being the villain that it just wouldn't click the same.

I think Thomas needs a hero.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomas_richards:depends on how the antagonist is written. Did you ever watch Hellsing or read Vampire Hunter D? No one compares Alucard to Superman. I always you as a Punisher type. He needs a thinker

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

I think he needs quite the opposite.

From my point of view Thomas can't really have a villain because he's so close to being the villain that it just wouldn't click the same.

I think Thomas needs a hero.

A "Daredevil" to his "Punisher"?

thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

Kinda.

I've always viewed Thomas as someone who's misguided. He's had several adaptations over the months that I've written him. At first he thought his job as the Crimson Hood was fun, he loved it. He was definitely more of an edgy character who lost his way from when Ducra taught him. He was kind of evil.

But then he got Damian, and the city of Bludstone needed him, he saw his job as less of a hobby and more of a responsibility, though he still enjoyed it.

Now as the time's gone on it's beginning to weigh on him, he's trying his best to be a good role model to his son who is slipping in the path he did, he no longer sees it as a game, because it's weighing down on his soul. He doesn't like it anymore. He's becoming depressed when he enters the field. More malicious. But he hates himself for being that way.

Which is why I love this line

"I hate when they beg. It's demeaning.

For both of us."

I always felt that Daredevil and Punisher got along because of their mutual darkness, I think Thomas needs someone who can fill his darkness with light, and help him become the hero he knows he wants to be, but feels like he's to far gone to become.

If that makes any sense.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @thomas_richards:

Im agreeing somewhat to your analysis. That would be great, but I was talking a thinker like Riddler or Kingpin. On another note, if someone actually went after Thomas' son....wew! That would be crazy cuz he is already scorched Earth

thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thomas_richards

@adam_grimm: @mister_surreal

I pray for the man who goes after Damian *LOL* I would say he's almost as ruthless and dangerous as Thomas, and only not because Thomas reigns him in.

But I would say a Kingpin or Riddler type enemy would be pretty cool

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! I really enjoyed that.

thomas_richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points