A fascinating new world (Open/Michael Prince introduction)

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Immortal
No Caption Provided

Past space, through time, across dimensions, the machine was a success. Michael stepped through.

For an instant, and an eternity, there was no dimensions, and all at once. There was no pain, and yet there was fear.

Suddenly he took a breath in, found himself staring down a street as a gust of wind flew away due to his arrival. One person looked shocked, but the instantaneousness of it all seemed to outweigh the fact that a man had just appeared in front of them. Caught up in all the hustle and bustle of the city.

No Caption Provided

Less easy to miss however, was his outfit, and his actions, surely not the craziest thing the people of this dimension had seen. But it still was a clear sign of an out of the ordinary occasion. He looked about at first in splendid surprise, and then frowning at the feeling of almost ancient technology, still, something had been accomplished that he would not forget. He had crossed dimensions, unfortunately, he hadn't yet designed a device to bring with him. But he knew how to rebuild it, that part wasn't the issue.

What he realized was that people were staring at him, and his clothes were most definitely what was giving it off. He let out a hesitant chuckle, "Guess I should have thought that part through." he said to himself, he didn't have any money to fix that problem. He rubbed his fingers together in thought, before letting out a hum, as he walked, the clothing morphed, covering up the pieces that showed it was an electronic form of clothing that gave it the glow. Making it appear at least somewhat more normal. Morphing pieces to form as almost a cape and jacket, to fit in just a little better. Still a closer then passing look might be enough to understand the material and design was not made remotely from what most people have access to.

"Here we go, first objective, figure out currency, at the moment I've got as much as a homeless man...with an understanding of dimensional science and superior technology...maybe I should learn to hunt?" He told himself quietly, "Wonder if that's even legal here. Ok ok, just find an internet booth and we can get started studying, I do hope they have public libraries here too."

OOC:

Just needed a way to introduce him, this was easiest. Open to someone dropping in or something, figure it wouldn't be all that odd for people to figure out things are off. Don't actually know what city he might be in, but it's probably in either the Americas or Britain (for my own convenience).

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

As always, Sarah was trying to scrounge up some money for the Nunnery, which meant pounding the streets for donations. Dressed in a bland black suit, so tight his rippling muscle nearly tore through the fabric, he armed himself with a handful of pocket addition Bibles and a bucket to hold the donations. Once again the Nunnery was in dire need for repairs and unfortunately it fell on his shoulders to get the money. Still hot outside, he sweated under his arm pits, as he paraded up and down the streets, greeting every one with a huge smile and a welcoming “Have you heard the word of the Lord?!?!” For the most part it was a thrill for him, meeting new people and guiding them on a new spiritual path, or just meeting people who wanted to be charitable. Five long hours later he had sold some twenty Bibles, excepted $300 in donations and given away around fifty Bibles, just out of love. But the one he would never forget was the fresh face little ten year old girl, walking along the street with her Mom, holding a “Happy Birthday” balloon, that she unfortunately let go by mistake. For as she broke into tears crying over her loss, Sarah decided to give her a miracle!

No Caption Provided

With his ability to control gravity fields, he looked up to the sky underneath his overly dark tented sunglasses and with a thought, began pulling the balloon back to the ground. It was like something from a Disney Movie, as the balloon magically lowered despite a strong blowing up breeze, as it slowly and softly lowered. By now the mother was speechless, as she tried wrapping her mind around the impossible, whereas the girl simply smiled and giggled. Then in one glorious moment, the balloon glided into her hand as if sent by angels, where she looked back to her Mother only to say, “Look Mommy, It came back to me!” Seizing the moment, Sarah raised one of his Bibles to his chest as he humbly remarked, “Almost like a...” he then taps the Bible for emphasis “..Miracle!” Immediately, the Mother was speechless, but as she looked down upon her smiling child, she couldn't help but, agree! She then reached into her purse, only to pull out a fifty dollar bill, that she graciously donated, in exchange for one of the Bible and just as she walked away, still blown away as to what just happened, Sarah was proud to whisper the words, “Let his work be done!

Unfortunately, it was not all fun and laughs, as some of the people he met on the street where simply rude or just down right mean, even to a man of the Lord. But as always Sarah forgave them. Suddenly he heard a commotion coming from down the street, that was startling the people. It could have been a flash of light, or a weird resonating sound, or even the appearance of an oddly dressed man appearing from nowhere. But what ever it was, the people on the street where running from it, while shouting to God, “Help Us!” Being the weirdness magnet that Sarah was, this was the norm and sluggishly he turned to investigate. But before he could say a word, coming from the other side of the street, was a small gang of teenagers, looking for trouble. With a stereotypical “Punk Rocker” look they were dressed in pimped out clothes with multi colored hair. Immediately, they locked eyes with Sarah and after a few chuckles from the teens, they approached him. With a gang like mentality they surrounded him, playfully poking and jabbing at him while mocking, “Looks like we have a Choir Boy here!” Naturally, Sarah was proud to turn the other cheek, as the good book says, but the teens continued to push their luck. As one of the punks kept messing with Sarah’s tie, another reached into his bucket of donations, in an attempt to rob him blind!

(OOC - I hope you don't mind me jumping in, and to clear up the confusion, I am a Guy and my name is Sarah! The explanation is in my bio!)

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavyweight:

There was a commotion for a moment but he didn’t exactly expect to know how to deal with it. He figured it would be best to just keep moving, that is, until he saw a group of strangely dressed teenagers approach a rather large man in unusual, but different clothing. Clothing that was quite familiar but not a common sight, at least for where Michael was, on his world.

He cocked his head and narrowed his eyes waiting, his steps slowed to be barely moving, the bigger man looked like he could take their almost joking jabs easily. And probably knock them silly if he tried. And yet, he did nothing. It wasn’t as if Michael was a cop, he wasn’t even remotely the kind of person to be one. He was a scientist. An explorer. But he felt an ever-growing need to intervene not because the man needed his help, or that the children did, just out of a sense that what they were doing was just wrong.

He started walking over to them quickly, but his pace hastened considerably when he saw them reaching for whatever was in the bucket, “I believe that is quite enough.” He interrupted putting a hand on the shoulder of one of them briefly before stepping back again and crossing his arms, “Or perhaps you’d like to see the Law about your behavior.”

Michael was pretty sure this world had to have police, it seemed mostly orderly and while it was far from technological advancement of his own, it was enough to be considered comfortable. Thuggery was probably not acceptable. He personally didn’t have much fear for the boys, unless they were quite superhuman, he was very certain his specialized outfit would protect him, whether or not he had the skill to take them on without it or not. And besides, he hoped that by bringing in legality and the threat of crime into this, he might be able to tame their actions.

He glanced up at Sarah, “Got a thick skin I guess. I’m afraid I’m not quite as...forgiving?” he said with an admitting chuckle.

Unlike Sarah, Michael really hadn’t paid much mind to religion. He didn’t have any criticism for it, in fact if he was asked he’d probably say it was a good thing. But he’d just never truly spent any time with it, too focused on trying to achieve goals and live his life. He followed what he felt and thought was right. But that was about where his morality had to stop.

OOC: Thanks for hopping in! Also, gotcha, went ahead and read through it now. Interesting choice of backstory.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

Trying his best to be nice, Sarah treated the teenagers with a modicum of respect. Even as the poked and prodded him, he treated them with respect. Even when they mocked his religion, he treated them with respect, and even when one of them tugged on his tie, he treated them with respect. But if he knew they were steeling from the Nun’s at Saint Grays, things would have been different. In the end he spoke proverbs hoping to reach something inside them. Instead all the teenagers did was continue mocking him, in an attempt to show dominance and without any signs of concern. But once again Sarah tried to play nice, this time by offering them each a pocket Bible, when things turned nasty. Hidden from sight one of the punks reached for a 10.4 ounces blackjack, with full intent on using it. Then like a blessing from above, a stranger came walking down the street declaring “I believe that is quite enough. Or perhaps you’d like to see the Law about your behavior.” Immediately, the punks fell back, acting as if they had done nothing wrong, as they hid their weapons and ceased their illegal activities. Still they looked upon the new stranger with contempt, even sizing him up for a smash and grab, when of all people, Sarah spoke up.

Still playing the peacekeeper, he had to give the kids one last chance, even though by now he wanted to shove his foot up their @ss! “Thank you my good friend, but have patients. These youths are simply misguided and need us to lead them down the right path.” But once again the stranger spoke, this time back to Sarah “Got a thick skin I guess. I’m afraid I’m not quite as...forgiving?” With great pride Sarah was ready to answer back, ready to proclaim his faith, when suddenly he was interrupted by one of the punks. Standing under six feet tall, the teenagers face was over ten percent pierced, with a face tattoo of a skull and crossbones, and with a tough guy persona he tells his friends, “Lets get the F out of here, so that these two old guys can kiss and make up!” But, before they could leave, the one lone teenager made it a point to slam his shoulder against the strangers shoulder as hard as he could, in an attempt to knock him down or at least cause him to feel intimidated!

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavyweight:

Michael nodded in return to Sarah's thanks and statement about them simply being misguided, "Maybe, but once you start stealing unnecessarily or hurting people, that's not so easy to come back from." he answered with a look, mostly it was aimed at the kids, even if he'd said it in answer to what Sarah had said.

One of them mentioned getting "out of here" and leaving them to "kiss and make up" boy did that feel like an old and strange term. He simply raised an eyebrow at the tattooed boy. And when he came to slam his shoulder against Michaels, he would be met by a suit made of techno-pathically controlled wires and the muscle of a rather fit man for his age. He made no comment to the boy, knowing the feeling of running into what essentially felt like a wall partially thanks to the wires shifting to increase his stability and sturdiness, would hurt more then a comment.

Interestingly, on his world, physical alterations were incredibly common. But they weren't so old techniques as simple ink injections or piercings. Many people had removed limbs and replaced them with electronic ones purely for aesthetic, while others used a type of magnetic ink they could actively control through additional devices emplaced on their body. But most of them, at least in Michaels opinion, at least had style. This was just...coloring.

Michael reached out his hand, he hoped that was another thing that remained the same in this dimension, "The names Michael Prince, honestly seeing stuff like that bugs me quite a bit. Not all too common where I'm from, we have surveillance just about everywhere." He flicked his head back at the kids, "That happen to you often? You seemed pretty held together for a guy who could probably chuck them across the street if you really wanted to."

Of course, Michael had yet to know just how much that Sarah was capable of. But the size of the man was really what he had to go off of for that.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

No Caption Provided

Trying his best to look cool and intimidating, the pierced up teenager slammed his shoulder against the strangers, hoping to knock him back, just for laughs. But unexpectedly, at the moment their shoulders collided, the punk was the one to hit the floor. Like a sack of wet potatoes he fell, landing on his butt while screaming, “What the Hell man?!?!” But refusing to look foolish, he quickly jumped to his feet and after rallying his friends around him, he waved them to leave while cursing, “You’re lucky old man! If we didn’t have other things to do, we’d mess you both up!” But by now he and his gang were half way across the street, yet he still cursed obscenities. “You two better not be here when we get back, you hear? Cause when I come back, I’m bringing ‘more’ friends!” In the end the teenagers ran away, leaving Sarah alone to thank the stranger and a quick, “Thank you my friend, and thank you for helping me do the Lord’s work.” He then goes on introducing himself, but as “C’Ray” and not Sarah, with a quick explanation to why he was asking for donations. But surprisingly enough for such a big man, he sheds a single tear as he speaks emotionally about the Nuns back at St. Grays Nunnery.

With an air of intelligence, the stranger responded back and with a friendly tone says, "The names Michael Prince, honestly seeing stuff like that bugs me quite a bit. Not all too common where I'm from, we have surveillance just about everywhere." Naturally, Sarah was glad to meet him and even offered his hand in friendship. But it wasn’t until he looked to see if any of the donations where missing, that Michael asked "That happen to you often? You seemed pretty held together for a guy who could probably chuck them across the street if you really wanted to." Sarah couldn’t help but chuckle, as he did that thing where his pectoral muscles dance up and down under his shirt, then simply responded “I don’t want to brag, but if it did come down to it...” he exhales deeply “I’d like to think I could take them.” Quickly changing the topic, Sarah drops everything to give Michael a proper thanks and again offers his hand for a shake. “Again thank you Michael and may the Lord above bless you.” He then offers one of his pocket Bibles as thanks, only to regretfully say “I wish I had more to offer you, but I am a poor man that lives off what the Lord provides.” But whether or not Michael excepts the offer, Sarah made it a point to inquire, “and where exactly, did you say you were from?

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavyweight:

Michael watched the man fall, having to turn his head away to hide the amused smile that emerged on his face while the guy cursed then threatened him, "Farewell!" he said with a wave and a shake of his head, children were strange on every dimension it seemed.

Again thanks from Sarah for "Helping me to do the Lords work" and then an introduction as "C'Ray." Well that was quite a combination, a very built man with a name that matched, dressed in some kind of tunic handing out Bibles and tearing up as he spoke about the Nunnery. Admittedly that was yet another piece that just kind of struck Michael as odd but to be fair, this whole scenario was odd.

When Sarah reached his hand out Michael received it and gave it a quick but short shake, glad that that was at least the same around here. The comment about C'Ray's probable chances of taking them down did seem to get a chuckle out of the man, "Well we can certainly hope so right?" he added, though he was pretty sure they had a little more then hope.

Michael took the Bible as it was given to him, looking at it thoughtfully from multiple ends and flipping through a few pages quickly while glancing back up at C'Ray, "Heh, it's no problem, don't have a way to contact the police right now and didn't want to stand by. Thank you," he finished by holding up the Bible for a moment before lowering it to his side.

Then came up the matter of where he was from and Michael made a clicking sound with one side of his face bobbing his head side to the side in thought, "That's a little harder to explain, or well no it isn't but it'll probably prompt more questions. I'm, uh, a traveler. To this Earth at least. Well long story short, we're a bit more technologically advanced, and I'm what'd be called a dimensional scientist. Made a machine that allowed me to transfer over here, gonna see the sights, take a look around, see if I can help, that sort of thing."

He glanced his eyes around for a second, just to be sure and keeping his hand close to his chest the wires that were used as clothing morphed from a glove into a figure of the machine he used which appeared pretty much like a room with considerable machinery around it, then morphed into a bible, then a sort of statue of them standing there, before morphing back into a glove, "Just in case you thought I was crazy. I don't know yet the level of superhuman abilities or science has come for most people here. But this is at least a sign of familiarity." he said holding up the Bible again, "Well...maybe not as much for me specifically, I was just too busy, but we have religion on my Earth too."

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

No Caption Provided

In what seemed a short time, Sarah quickly made friends with Michael. He may not know him well, but he did know, that the man was a straight shooter, proud to do whats right, no matter what the situation. Because of that Sarah felt honored to give him a Bible and even more honored when he excepted it. But even when Michael explain his actions, it still came out as noble rather than egotistical. But all good things must come to an end and after Sarah asked him where he was from, Michael gave him an answer he couldn't believe. With a straight face he explained that not only was he a traveler, but a traveler from another world, a world where his people are technologically advanced beyond anything Sarah could dream of. But it was because of this, Sarah lowered his head. Clearly the man was disturbed. Living inside a church, he had seen them all, from the mentally ill, to alcoholics, to those who just can’t help but lie. But as his friend did not smell of booze or have a glazed look in his eyes, Sarah sized him as simply, delusional. With that in mind he was ready to humor him while informing him of self help groups and or doctors, but the fact was he didn’t know what Michael would do or say next.

But with great surprise, Michael was one step ahead, and with a bright glow the area around his wrist began to change. Where once a common glove rested, wires, energy and advanced technology, altered it until a figure of the machine appeared. Then as Sarah’s mind was blown away, the light shifted again and gave way to the images of a room with considerable machinery, then to a Bible and then to a sort of statue of them standing together and back to a common glove! But before Sarah could utter a word, Michael made it a point to explain."Just in case you thought I was crazy. I don't know yet the level of superhuman abilities or science has come for most people here. But this is at least a sign of familiarity." Immediately, Sarah was dumbfounded, unable to say anything other than “Um?” as he tried to wrap his head around what he had just seen! But after a few deep breaths to calm his nerves, he found the strength to respond.

Like a child talking to his father Sarah was full of questions, from simple ones like “So what is religion like in a technologically superior society” to “so are you from an Alternate Universe, or just far far away?” But the fact was he was asking a million questions a seconds, some even personal but all in the realm of unbelieveabilty. If he had time he would ask more, not to be nosy, but for the simple fact, this was a once in a lifetime moment. But somewhere in the middle of his incessant questioning, he could tell that his friend was ready to answer. Maybe not all his questions, or the ones he is honor bound not to divulge, but it seemed he was ready to answer the ones he could. But just before Michael was about to explain the mysteries of what a dimensional scientist is, Sarah jumped in again with one last pertinent question. “This machine you invented, is it here, and can I see it?

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Immortal

@heavyweight

It didn't take too long before the questions started pouring in once Michael revealed just how foreign he was. Truly convenient though that they all spoke English, it truly did resemble his own Earth but seemingly just backpedalled technologically speaking. But before he could answer the first two questions came the final matter of the machine and if Sarah could see it or not.

Michael let out a sigh and a shake of his head, "Sorry, it was a one way device. I can recreate it pretty easily given the appropriate resources, but my worlds pretty...restricted on what you are allowed to do inter dimensionally. Which is why I didn't make a portable device. The surveying they would have done would have made me taken even longer then I did."

He tapped his leg with one hand, turning his head a moment before thinking on how to answer the other question, "Give you the best answers I can but...I wasn't really paying attention to the religion aspect. Well, it depends on who you talk to, there are many who don't particularly believe in it, but the most accepted less religious theory is what we call Dark control. Basically an encompassing to explain why sometimes things don't make sense, a belief that there is something that causes unexplainable effects which are neither magic nor science. And that there's nothing we can do to change that. Uh, there are a lot of religions where I'm from, only a few have direct effects on legal matters in their countries. Kinda hard to compare I haven't yet seen all of your worlds religion."

"As for Alternate universe or far away. Hard to explain, here, think of it as an overlap. I come from a dimension that is very similar to your own. We overlap almost everywhere, but we're offset just enough to where we don't directly interact most of the time. There are disturbances sometimes but that's a long explanation. So for instance, we're both speaking English, which I assume is what you call that here too. But in my dimension technologic grew at an accelerated rate, because of an existing work of some scientists, and because we too received a traveler. However he was far less careful then I will be, and sold his inventions willy nilly without ever considering that people didn't know how to use them or create them. He skyrocketed technology in a way that he shouldn't, got the attention of beings he shouldn't, bad things ensued. They created inter-dimensional interaction laws. And now I can't sell anyone of you technology that someone in your dimension can't make themselves."

It was perhaps a very long explanation, but it was a very complex variation. "Still plan on giving you technology I just have to find someone who can understand what I have to give, I hope ya'll have some scientists who can get it. This is all seems very...old to me." he said looking at one of the lanterns.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

With great pride he listened, as his friend Michael explain the unknown, hearing every word, just like the Gospel. Never before had Sarah heard such a tale, and the more fascinating it became, the more he wanted to hear. For being such a simple man, Sarah’s world was limited to the walls of St. Gray and his few, but frowned upon activities outside of it. That is why, when given this opportunity, he was going to milk it for all it’s worth. For the most part it was all good, light hearted stuff like something out of Star Trek, but it slowly took a bad turn. Upon hearing that Michael’s traveling devise was only ‘one way’ Sarah sighed a low “hmmm” as he was sad that he could never see it, even as Michael explained it could be recreated. For in his heart, Sarah knew he would never see it and more to the point, take a ride. For even though he was happy in his life, he still dreamed of more. Inside he dreamed to seeing all the miracles God created, rather than just sneaking behind Mother Helen’s back to use his special gifts! But what hurt him the most, was when Michael explained that on his world, Religion was considered “Dark control!

Despite the fact it still encoded some of the aspects of Christianity, such as ‘a belief that there is something that causes unexplainable effects, which are neither magic nor science’ he felt it still had a negative connotation. In his eyes, any world should put God before all others, even one where advanced technology was their corner stone. However it was understandable, for even in his world today, religious faith is far from where it should be. Lucky for him, the conversation took a pleasant tone, when Michael explained that his world and ours, were “Overlapping!” Once again, Sarah’s mind drifted back to the old Sci-Fi movies he would watch on his black and white TV back at the Nunnery, and the first thing that came to his mind was Doctor Who. But just as he was about to blabber on like an adoring fan, asking a hundred more questions, each one getting wilder and wilder than the last, everything changed when the dimensional scientist explained he was planning on sharing Advanced Technology with the world, should he find someone that could understand it.

No Caption Provided

Immediately, Sarah’s face took on a ghastly tone, as he stumbled back in fear. “Dear God No!” Regaining his composer he continues, “You can’t do that, not here!” Hoping he had Michael’s full attention he explains “I don’t know about your world, but here we have wars. Everyday people kill other people without reason. And in some of these cases, it is either done with, or for.....Advanced Technology!” Slowly he begins to calm down, “I don’t mean to scare you or doubt the purity of your mission, but to be honest, in today's society, you can’t trust that the people who understand your technology, are the right people to use your technology!” For the next few minutes he explains how a simple, peaceful man like Jesus, who had nothing, was a better role model than the great minds that invented weapons. Then in an attempt to put the fear of God in him, he tells the story of the first A-Bomb, that a scientist invented, and how it was used. In the end he wanted it clear, that giving mankind a faith and belief in Jesus Christ, was better than advanced technology, for the one reason than man might find a way to corrupt it!

With a flushed face, it was abundantly clear that Sarah was passionate about this issue. It was not that he hated technology, nor the world around him, what he hated was the fact that some people would corrupt anything. Even something as wholesome as an invention that could feed the homeless, could be turned into a way to control them. Again he had no ill will for his friend Michael, for the way he describe it his place was something like a Nirvana, but in Sarah’s world there was no such thing. By now his fist were clinched tight, so tight that he nearly crushed the Bible in his hand. “Now I don’t want you to get the impression this is a cold and corrupt society, it’s just...” he makes the sign of the cross across his chest, “You just need to make sure you know just who you are giving tech to!” Suddenly his face goes ghastly again, as a horrible thought crosses his mind. Interrupting everything, he reaches out in attempt to grab Michael by the collar, “Tell me quickly Michael. Has anyone else from your world come here, planning to do the same thing? If so we need to stop him before he makes a huge mistake!

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Immortal

@heavyweight:

The theory of Dark Control was only one of many out there on his world, but it primarily was routed in a concept of dark matter and energy. In that it was not something we could detect, but we could detect it's effects seemingly and they were believed to possess some level of intelligence rather then pure unanimous value like gravity.

Michael leaned back his head in surprise at Sarah's reaction, mentioning wars, killing people, and how it was done in relation to technology. He mentioned people understanding it don't necessarily deserve it. Told him about Jesus Christ, they'd heard that one too but again, Michael hadn't really paid much attention to it on his world. To him, this Jesus Christ might be a better moral role model, but not necessarily one for a scientist. And it didn't sound like he was meant to be. He knew of no criticism from Jesus Christ of technology. Of material wealth yes, but not science and knowledge.

He talked about the A-Bomb, the result of which were...less then impressive in the eyes of Michael. At the point they were at on his world, that type of attempt would likely be stopped before the bomb even made it halfway. They used much more complicated and destructive means now. Though at the same time, they'd created numerous more countermeasures.

Michael still wasn't quite convinced that believing in Jesus Christ would prevent him from preforming his quest of science and technology. Even if he did have enough reason to believe. Sure he could believe there was a God of some kind. He could even believe that much of what this Jesus Christ said was true. But he was hardly going to convert on one short conversation, let alone change his whole agenda.

Sarah was clearly very passionate about this but he just hadn't been convinced of the effects, he heard him through regardless, then suddenly Sarah reached for his collar, by instinct Michael made the TNW's slipped away and he took a step back eyeing the bigger man, considering putting the helmet on...just in case he was a little out of his mind.

He heard him rush out another sense of urgency about the matter, and if anyone else was coming, "Well how would I know? That's like asking if anyone from your world has gone to mine. Only we probably have more people on ours." he answered a little defensively. "Even if they did, I don't think you could convince them with what you've told me so far."

"I think I may have to...argue with you about this. Technology is not the cause of any of this. People have been killing each other for years have they not? Bombs have been used to stop tyranny, have they not? Technology has helped save millions of lives, has it not?" He asked, each question was clearly loaded, and as a result, mostly rhetorical, "I'm not a weapons dealer, I can if I want. I could probably find a way to make a black hole if I tried. But in exactly the same vein, I could probably make something that could dispel a black hole. I deal in dimensions, time, space, matter, energy, these are just some of the most known ones. And these are the things that are so immensely complicated that, if your vehicles are anything to judge by, even if I find someone to teach they may be another decade away from anything like that."

He held up a hand warningly, "But at the same time, I'm still here. And with as far behind as your technology is if I teach someone I can trust who can learn in return for money for me, then I can likely build something to counter any type of weapon they can come up with because they may be decades behind. Would you not want to reduce the number of people starving? Freezing? If I can help them why shouldn't I? I can't do that for free because I don't have the resources to do that, especially not here. I'm aging my friend, I can only help with my body for so long. One day my mind will probably fail too. But I can do so much more to help with technology then I can with my body. So why shouldn't I? Someone will create dangerous weapons regardless of what I do, stopping me won't stop that. But stopping me would mean less people to help those who need it. Less people to design what's necessary to stop the people who are trying to blow up the world or a country, or eradicate a species."

Michael waited to see the answer, crossing his arms in front of him. He was quite sure about this, and that what he said was the truth. And most likely, what he would do.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

Sarah knew it was wrong to reach for Michael’s collar, even after he tried, that’s why he backed down when his friend was eye balling him. Still there was passion in his words when he asked, “Has anyone else from your world come here?” for fear of what could happen if another of Michael’s people was giving away dangerous technology. But that was not enough to brace him from the backlash he was about to receive. With a dark and serious tone the Techno-mage made it clear that he had no idea if someone from his race had visited Earth, just as Sarah didn’t know if someone from his planet had visited Michael's! But what he really wanted to make clear was, "Even if they did, I don't think you could convince them with what you've told me so far." Despite how passionately Sarah made his point, none of it made any difference. For the next few minutes Michael explained his view point, and quite elegantly too, beginning with “Technology is not the cause of any of this. People have been killing each other for years have they not? Bombs have been used to stop tyranny, have they not? Technology has helped save millions of lives, has it not?" Sarah of course had no answer for that, other than, “You’re absolutely right, however in certain conditions....”

No Caption Provided

Once again Michael spoke, still promoting his beliefs, as he went into great detail explaining "But at the same time, I’m still here.” and “I can likely build something to counter any type of weapon they can come up with!” Although, still a good point, Sarah was ready to object, even though his friends logic seemed to be quite logical. Finally, it was time for the Dimensional Scientist to lay it all out, explaining in great detail “Would you not want to reduce the number of people starving? Freezing? If I can help them why shouldn't I? I can't do that for free because I don't have the resources to do that, especially not here!” He then went on describing that he was getting old and that he can only help for a short time, but again made it clear that “Someone will create dangerous weapons regardless of what I do, stopping me won't stop that. But stopping me would mean less people to help those who need it.” Once done, he crossed his arms in front of him in anticipation, waiting for Sarah’s response and although he stood strong in his opinion, it appeared he was open enough to listen!

After a moments pause to gather his thoughts, Sarah took a step back to a non-threatening position. He then looked up to the sky for guidance and began to speak. “I never meant any disrespect to you or your people, I’m just saying be careful.” Slowly he began pacing back and forth, with his hands locked together in prayer, “My problem is, be careful who you give your technology to! I’m a humble man andwould ask for nothing, but I’d follow you if you really could help and feed the homeless.” For a few brief seconds, a look crosses his stern face as he dreams of a Heaven on Earth, and even finds a reason to smile. But soon it all goes dark again as he thinks of the corruption that plagues mankind. “I love the idea of your Utopia, but again I must stress that you can’t trust everyone!” He turns back to face his friend eye to eye and goes on, “Take one of our past Presidents, President Alexander Donn. He was once a man of great power, and great responsibility. You see the people of our state voted him into office, believing that he was a good man and would do what is right for his people! Unfortunately, his actions turned more corrupt every day.” He then briefly goes into detail, explaining all the questionable acts the Ex-President had done, cross referenced with the position he held.

Now I have no argument against your dreams, I just feel you do not understand the people of this world. As I havedescribed some of the most harmless people, can easily go astray with power and what you offer, is indeed Power! Do you remember those kids earlier that tried to rob me, well when they were younger, I’d like to think they were good. But once they got a taste of power, in their case numbers, they were corrupted!” He stops for a second, as he tries to read Michael’s face, just to get an idea of where he stood. “All I’m saying is be careful whom you give your technology to, for you never know what theymay dowith it!” With that said he stepped back giving Michael plenty of room to breath, as he prepared for his final argument. “If you truly believe you and your technology can save my planet, let me ask you one thing. Lets say youare given all the money andresources you need to fulfill your dream, what then? On this planet people would still fight over who controls the technology and from where it is located.Again, I’m not trying to mock your intentions, I’m just saying, here on Earth it is better to help the individual one at a time, rather than trying to change the whole world!

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavyweight:

Michael took note of the stepping back, considering it likely it was only shock that caused him to step forwards so aggressively. Though he still thought its as a considerable overreaction. He heard him calling for caution, that was a huge step from outright denying the use of it. He could indeed help the homeless, or the diseased, energy was one of the greatest advantages he had access too. Once you truly understand the dimensions, you could truly harness it's power ever so much more easily. And that meant it wasn't hard to keep people warm or cold.

He heard him as he spoke of this Alexander Donn fellow. They didn't have him on their worlds history, must have been one of the differences between their worlds. Perhaps that was for the best as Sarah continued to explain how bad of a president he apparently was. Still, these actions would happen regardless of technology. They always had and always would. And while it did continue the consideration of corruption, it didn't alter Michaels concepts on how technology could be provided.

In expression, Michael was thoughtfully skeptical. Not throwing out Sarah's statements, but not accepting them as enough reason for his initial resistance to Michaels comments of technology. In the end Sarah had a much more philosophical question,

If you truly believe you and your technology can save my planet, let me ask you one thing. Lets say youare given all the money andresources you need to fulfill your dream, what then? On this planet people would still fight over who controls the technology and from where it is located.Again, I’m not trying to mock your intentions, I’m just saying, here on Earth it is better to help the individual one at a time, rather than trying to change the whole world!” he'd said.

Michael rubbed his chin in thought, that was not a question he was prepared for here. People did the same on his world, but, they reduced the number of problems that were caused by uncontrollable factors. Now, if someone had an issue, it was likely caused by another person and not the circumstances they were born too. "I'll still have to disagree." his voice was firm but softer in reaction, he understood Sarah's standpoint, but he still believed that Sarah's reasoning wasn't sufficient, "Help one man, and ten more can die. Help one man help ten men and you can save a couple dozen more. Hospitals don't only accept one patient at a time, nor do doctors. If they did, many more people would die. People always fight, the addition of technology neither enhances nor reduces that. What it does reduce is the lack of control. When a man dies in the cold, when a child starves, they can do that without any other people to do it to them. That is something I can help with. Would you really accuse the man of creating the motor of creating war machines? Even though they also were the ones who helped create ambulances as a result? I'm not going to refrain from giving technology to people because you think that it'll make them too powerful. If every scientist did that, nothing would ever be created, and you'd be losing numerous people every day to disease alone."

Michael glanced around, he wondered if those kids intended on coming back or not, he hoped not as he actually couldn't contact the police. He could probably take them down without seriously hurting any of them though, or at least, it was unlikely they could hurt him.

"You want to argue on the morality of technology, maybe we shouldn't do it in the street? Besides I really do need to figure out how I'm going to live in this world, since I haven't yet found a student since I got here like ten minutes ago, to teach and I highly doubt food is free here."

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

Michael was passionate, choosing his words carefully and using great imagery, and the fact of the matter was, he believed every word he said. He spoke as if from a script, one he had well rehearsed and knew just the right words to say and by the end of his speech, Sarah was left humbled. As for anyone else, they might have agreed and even gone out of their way to help. But not Sarah. As a man of faith, he had learned long ago, that he would never win every argument, especially when it came to his religion. For it is much easier to hold on to what you believe rather than changing someone else’s mind. It was a story as old as time itself. No matter how strong one’s faith is, it is almost impossible to make another individual believe it, when they themselves has been raised to believe in something else. In this case Sarah’s argument was not in the use of advanced technology, nor the need for it, but the consequences of it ending up in the wrong hands. But no matter how he described it, or how he could paint a picture, Michael was determined to follow his own path.

No Caption Provided

With a heavy heart, Sarah moved to place his hand on Michael’s shoulder and began with a laugh. “My friend you are as stubborn as the Pharaohs and as driven as Moses, God help me but I love you!” Overwhelmed with joy he couldn’t help but praise his friends belief, even though he totally disagreed. “Michael, we could argue for forty days and forty nights and still never agree. So let me just say, in whatever path you follow, please read the bible and learn from it’s message.” Again he smiles, excepting in the unknown and even welcomes the Traveler in his endeavors. “And what ever you do, or say, I want you to go on with that same passion you have shown me, and I truly believe you will do some good.” But once again his voice takes a serious tone, as he tries to give one last piece of advice. “Promise me one thing! No matter who you work with, or whatever invention you create, please make sure you have a contingency program just in case!” With that said he began packing up his stuff, planning to head back to the Nunnery, when all of a sudden Michael said, "You want to argue on the morality of technology, maybe we shouldn't do it in the street? Besides I really do need to figure out how I'm going to live in this world, since I haven't yet found a student since I got here like ten minutes ago, to teach and I highly doubt food is free here."

Once again, everything change. At the moment Michael said he was homeless, with no income, Sarah dropped everything he was doing. There was no way in the world he would abandoned his friend now, not as a Christian, a hero or as a human being. Excepting that there was always something going on, with a ‘okay here we go again’ look on his face he delved into the donations he had earned for the Nunnery. Handing it over in a crumbled pile he says, “Here! Take this! It is at least eight hundred dollars, maybe more.” Absolutely refusing to take it back no matter what, he continues “It’s not much but it should getyou a room in a cheapmotel for a few days.” He then scratches the back of his head, “I’d invite you back to St. Grays, but it just wouldn’t work out, trust me!” Once again he turns to his friend hoping he could help and with all sincerity tells him “I’m confident that with your skills you could get a job anywhere, in fact you might even get a job fixing up oneof the motels.Believe me, I wish I could do more, but I am limited to what I can do.” With a heavy heart he points to a motel down the street and wishes him a goodbye, “Just remember this, Be careful who you share your technology with, and more importantly...” he smiles “...I was just one man, helping another!” then by making the sign of the cross across his chest, he finishes with, “as it should be!"

The_Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Immortal

@heavyweight:

Michael at first considered moving again when Sarah went to put his hand on his shoulder but noticed this time it was far less aggressive, more of a friendly gesture, he furrowed his brow but half smiled as Sarah called him stubborn but seemed fine with it regardless. In spite of their differences the man went on about how he hoped the traveler would travel well, and to learn from the Bible. Michael held up the book again, "I'll learn what I'm able, certainly. No promises of conversion though." he answered with a chuckle.

He heard Sarah ask him to be careful where to give his knowledge, and to prepare for a contingency always, "I'll do my best to choose my students, and govern their actions, well." he agreed. In that, he believed that Sarah was correct. The knowledge he had was doubtless dangerous if left in the wrong hands, so a contingency plan was wise most certainly. He was working now on exactly what that would be.

However, as the conversation was coming to a close seemingly, Sarah heard of his monetary plight, turned around and handed him what Michael assumed was quite a considerable amount of cash...even after possibly having been out all day collecting it, he'd given it over. Michael looked up somewhat shocked but heard him out, on what he could do from where he was, how much this was worth, and that he just shouldn't bring him to the abbey. Michael raised the money in one hand and the Bible in the other, "I'll remember this, thank you, perhaps if I achieve my goal of gaining a student, I'll be able to come back and return the favor to you and your abbey." he said. A statement he fully intended on following through with.

"Farewell friend!" He finished, preparing finally to walk off again, folding the cash into the side of his clothes which he caused to practically absorb the cash into it, making it both invisible to thieves and more firmly stored. This would most certainly be a memorable occasion.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_immortal:

Sadden, Sarah watched as Michael walked off alone, folding the cash he had given him into the side of his clothes, which seemed to practically, absorb it. Waving him goodbye Michael waved back and even added a fond "Farewell friend!" But it was his previous words that Sarah would remember the most, for just after he gave the Techno-mage his belongings, he spoke back in a honest of tones only to say. "I'll remember this, thank you, perhaps if I achieve my goal of gaining a student, I'll be able to come back and return the favor to you and your abbey." Immediately, Sarah smiled, proud in the fact he had helped another human being, ‘of sorts!’ But the strangest fact was simply, Sarah had believed him. Not just that he would read the Bible, or comeback and fix up St. Grays, but the fact that he could change the world for the better. Sarah could even dream of it when he closed his eyes, seeing a world where all it’s beings could live in harmony, without hunger, poverty and even homelessness. It was indeed a Utopia, a world of the future, but because of his Christian upbringing, he had to throw his Lord and Savior into the mixed. For now it was truly a perfect world, where every human being was complete, both physically and spiritually, where all people were truly created equal!

No Caption Provided

But as it was getting late, with the sun slowly creeping behind the skyline, Sarah packed up whatever was left of his belongings, and headed back home. Trying his best not to attract attention, he choose to walk the twelve miles rather than fly. For the last thing he wanted to do was get scolded by Mother Helen again, especially after giving away all the Nunnery’s donation. But deep down inside he knew in his heart he did the right thing, and that Mother Helen would agree, but still she would in some way, need to read him scriptures for punishment. For the next four hours, he then had to do all the manual labor needed to keep St. Grays open, including and up to, fixing the plumbing, re-shingling the roof and rerouting the wiring. But just as he grabbed his tool belt, he couldn’t help but look up to the sky and ask his Lord, “Maybe I should have brought Michael here and let him do all this work!” But almost immediately, he could hear the voice of Mother Helen, still outside the room, barking orders, “You need to stop wasting your time talking and get to work. Because we open in another ten hours my son, and there are a lot of peopleout there who need our help!” As always Sarah agreed in silence, happy to be doing the Lords work, but just as he was about to test the wiring, a short sharp electrical charge hit him, curling his hair and leaving a small trail of smoke rising from his head. He then, as he always does, closed his eyes, made a silent prayer and finished with a well loved “Amen!